PDA

View Full Version : Whisenhunt Has More Clout Than Tomlin

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 03:52 AM
Have you guys noticed who got an extension 1st? Wiz did. Have you noticed that Whisenhunt has talked management into the sweet Black uniforms? I have ALWAYS wanted the Steelers to come out in black Jerseys with Black pants. I think its intimidating look will go good with our team. I wonder if Tomlin has ever proposed anything like this to management? Perhaps management turned it down, who knows. I'm not saying that Wiz is a better coach because he coaches in a cream puff division. I'm just saying that he has more control over his team and he is a disciplinarian and I love that. I wouldnt call Tomlin a players coach but he doesnt rule with the iron fist that I like. Although, when you go to a live Steeler game you certainly get a different perspective. Tomlin is chest bumping with Ben, Ike, Polamalu, Potsie. He really interacts well with the team. I love seeing that. The TV never captures any of that stuff and I think it hurts his reputation.

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 03:58 AM
Here's all that matters ...
Lombardis:

Tomlin: 1
Whisenhunt : 0

I don't care about the color of the pants or the reputations. I care about the championships. :drink:

wyn50
09-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Ditto that

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 04:28 AM
Duh, thats why I made the statement that Wiz is not the better coach. Read up before you disagree. Maybe I should post STEELERS ARE GREAT. Wonder if you will oppose me then LOL

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 04:34 AM
Dude, you need to lighten up just a bit. You're taking yourself way too seriously.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Or maybe YOU are. If you think Tomlin has more clout than Wiz you are wrong. The Steelers are a proud organization who have a tradition of winning. The cards have habitually sucked. In comes Wiz and takes them to the SB. That has done wonders for his rep inside that organization. Even though he lost, its a win to a losing organization. Why do you think he didnt get any flack for releasing Leinart? Heck the owner would let Wiz sleep with his wife. Just saying he has more clout. If you disagree then thats fine.

steeltheone
09-06-2010, 04:46 AM
Wiz took a losing team and made them constant winners....Tomlin took a team already stacked....It's subjective ....We are used to Cowher, Tomlin is more Noll...I like the Cowher approach better too. I guess as long as we win!

California-Steel
09-06-2010, 04:50 AM
Have you guys noticed who got an extension 1st? Wiz did. Have you noticed that Whisenhunt has talked management into the sweet Black uniforms? I have ALWAYS wanted the Steelers to come out in black Jerseys with Black pants. I think its intimidating look will go good with our team. I wonder if Tomlin has ever proposed anything like this to management? Perhaps management turned it down, who knows. I'm not saying that Wiz is a better coach because he coaches in a cream puff division. I'm just saying that he has more control over his team and he is a disciplinarian and I love that. I wouldnt call Tomlin a players coach but he doesnt rule with the iron fist that I like. Although, when you go to a live Steeler game you certainly get a different perspective. Tomlin is chest bumping with Ben, Ike, Polamalu, Potsie. He really interacts well with the team. I love seeing that. The TV never captures any of that stuff and I think it hurts his reputation.You sound young. How old are you? What does you post even mean?

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Or maybe YOU are. If you think Tomlin has more clout than Wiz you are wrong. The Steelers are a proud organization who have a tradition of winning. The cards have habitually sucked. In comes Wiz and takes them to the SB. That has done wonders for his rep inside that organization. Even though he lost, its a win to a losing organization. Why do you think he didnt get any flack for releasing Leinart? Heck the owner would let Wiz sleep with his wife. Just saying he has more clout. If you disagree then thats fine.

So you're saying Whisenhunt has more clout with a traditional loser in Bidwill than Tomlin has with a traditional winner in Rooney?
http://smiliesftw.com/x/facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif
I'd rather my coach have no clout but win Super Bowls than have a lot of clout and have an empty trophy case.

MasterOfPuppets
09-06-2010, 04:54 AM
my dog could kick your dogs ass ....:coffee:

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 04:55 AM

LOL ...
http://smiliesftw.com/x/cuqui.gif

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Have you guys noticed who got an extension 1st? Wiz did. Have you noticed that Whisenhunt has talked management into the sweet Black uniforms? I have ALWAYS wanted the Steelers to come out in black Jerseys with Black pants. I think its intimidating look will go good with our team. I wonder if Tomlin has ever proposed anything like this to management? Perhaps management turned it down, who knows. I'm not saying that Wiz is a better coach because he coaches in a cream puff division. I'm just saying that he has more control over his team and he is a disciplinarian and I love that. I wouldnt call Tomlin a players coach but he doesnt rule with the iron fist that I like. Although, when you go to a live Steeler game you certainly get a different perspective. Tomlin is chest bumping with Ben, Ike, Polamalu, Potsie. He really interacts well with the team. I love seeing that. The TV never captures any of that stuff and I think it hurts his reputation.

I'm sure Wiz has nothing to do with the black uniforms. The uniforms are black tops with white pants by the way.

Steelers like tradition. They wore their third jerseys (throwback inspired '47-'62) and helmets (yellow) for 3 consecutive seasons. I don't like them but they've done it.
http://static.steelers.com/MediaContent/thumb_250/91378.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/AFCN-Uniform-PIT.PNG/275px-AFCN-Uniform-PIT.PNG

Teams are allowed to have a 3rd jersey like the Cardinals/Steelers but they can only wear them twice per year (reg season).

As far as Wiz:
-His team sucks
-He didn't prepare a back up plan for Warner's retirement
-His 2 starting OLBs are old Steeler retreads (Porter/Hagans)
-Even in the SB year, they were not that good record wise...just got hot in playoffs
-Wiz had a dysfunctional relationship with QB
-How brilliant a coach looks is tied to his QB. It's like a marriage. Wiz is about to go downhill. They were about to fire Childress before Farve made him look like a genius. I like the Tomlin/Ben marriage over the Wiz/Anderson marriage.

MasterOfPuppets
09-06-2010, 04:57 AM
So you're saying Whisenhunt has more clout with a traditional loser in Bidwill than Tomlin has with a traditional winner in Rooney?
I'd rather my coach have no clout but win Super Bowls than have a lot of clout and have an empty trophy case.

the really pathetic part is he's basing this assumption on weather or not the rooney's would change the pants if tomlin was to request it ..:toofunny: ...

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 05:00 AM
the really pathetic part is he's basing this assumption on weather or not the rooney's would change the pants if tomlin was to request it ..:toofunny: ...

LOL ... yeah, I don't care if the Steelers lose, as long as they look good in doing it. :sissies:

steeltheone
09-06-2010, 05:06 AM
Wiz does not suck....He has done a great job there...Steeler retreads? Does that mean Macfadden who is a Cards flunkie is a retread?

rbryan
09-06-2010, 05:07 AM
I'm going to the store now to buy some black pants

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Wiz took a losing team and made them constant winners....Tomlin took a team already stacked....It's subjective ....We are used to Cowher, Tomlin is more Noll...I like the Cowher approach better too. I guess as long as we win!

Wiz is OK. Warner and 2 damn good receivers made them winners but constant is a bit much. Now Warner and Bolden are gone. Let's see how they do this year. He's only lucky they have a bad division.

I like the way Tomlin teats his players. He has a good relationship with them yet they respect him. People were afraid of Cowher but not everybody close. It produced one Superbowl. I like Cowher but I don't care about style...as long as the coach is not a jackazz, throw players under the bus, I just want to win.

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 05:10 AM
Although, when you go to a live Steeler game you certainly get a different perspective. Tomlin is chest bumping with Ben, Ike, Polamalu, Potsie. He really interacts well with the team. I love seeing that. The TV never captures any of that stuff and I think it hurts his reputation.

umm...the TV captures most of that with Tomlin. The camera is often on him.:tt04:

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 05:11 AM
I'm going to the store now to buy some black pants

I hate the black on black look. The Ravens use that for their third uniform. It's weak.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/74/AFCN-Uniform-BAL.PNG/275px-AFCN-Uniform-BAL.PNG

MasterOfPuppets
09-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Wiz does not suck....He has done a great job there...Steeler retreads? Does that mean Macfadden who is a Cards flunkie is a retread?
as was said, whiz has greatly benefited from being part of the weakest division in the league, and kurt warner. he's went 8-8 , 9-7 , 10-6 ..... lets see how he does without warner. :coffee:

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 05:19 AM
as was said, whiz has greatly benefited from being part of the weakest division in the league, and kurt warner. he's went 8-8 , 9-7 , 10-6 ..... lets see how he does without warner. :coffee:

And Boldin. :coffee:
Maybe they'll pick up Willie Parker ...

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 05:23 AM

8-8...lol. 9-7 at the best. Maybe even 7-9.

ricardisimo
09-06-2010, 05:32 AM
LOL ... yeah, I don't care if the Steelers lose, as long as they look good in doing it. :sissies:

Evidently this guy didn't see Tomlin's clout when it came to getting all of us, his fans, extraordinary deals on Coach handbags. Dude's a heavyweight, clearly.

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 05:33 AM

I never said Wiz sucks. I said his team sucks. To be honest, you can't judge coaches without a good QB. Look what Farve did for Mangini and Childress.

If you tied Tomlin to Dixon, his rep would go down quickly. Wiz looked sorta good when he was tied to Warner but he is going to look sorta bad now with Anderson.

Once you have a great QB...then the coach should be blamed for all the rest.

As far as McFadden being a retread, I'll decide after I see his play...lol What I meant was that we had those players in '05 and decided we wanted to get better. We did with Harrison and Woodley but those are all stars on that team. I do think Porter is still a good player when he can avoid being disruptive to his team with his mouth.

MasterOfPuppets
09-06-2010, 05:34 AM
8-8...lol. 9-7 at the best. Maybe even 7-9.

besides their division they play
atlanta
oakland
sandiego
new orleans
tampa
minny
KC
denver
caolina
dallas

they'll be lucky to win 7 with anderson ...whiz will be job hunting in 3 years.

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Evidently this guy didn't see Tomlin's clout when it came to getting all of us, his fans, extraordinary deals on Coach handbags. Dude's a heavyweight, clearly.

I don't know about you, but I went with the pink handbag. The purple ones just screamed "Ravens."

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 05:37 AM
Why are MOP and SteelKnight making good points in this silly thread?

MasterOfPuppets
09-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Why are MOP and SteelKnight making good points in this silly thread?

the real question is, why is this clown starting another thread just to get people to argue with him... guess he got tired of anti ben rhetoric... i'm guessin he'll use troy for his next attention whoring excursion.

ricardisimo
09-06-2010, 05:43 AM
Or maybe YOU are.
:scratchchin:
If you think Tomlin has more clout than Wiz you are wrong.
:noidea:
The Steelers are a proud organization who have a tradition of winning. The cards have habitually sucked. In comes Wiz and takes them to the SB. That has done wonders for his rep inside that organization. Even though he lost, its a win to a losing organization. Why do you think he didnt get any flack for releasing Leinart?
Ummm... You didn't actually write that, did you? :toofunny:
Heck the owner would let Wiz sleep with his wife.
http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/william-bidwill-and-wife-nancy-bidwill-2008-dIfmvj.jpg
:puke:
Just saying he has more clout. If you disagree then thats fine.

I'm not sure what that means, or why one would ponder that. Your point is...?

The fault here lies with me entirely. Why do I even glance at any thread you start? I'm very frustrated with myself right now. :dang:

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 05:45 AM
the real question is, why is this clown starting another thread just to get people to argue with him... guess he got tired of anti ben rhetoric... i'm guessin he'll use troy for his next attention whoring excursion.

I can't wait. :popcorn:

ricardisimo
09-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Troy is soooo over-rated. People think he's God, but he's really just a demi-god.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 06:14 AM

Thats precisely what I said. It must sound better when YOU say it. lol

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 06:17 AM
I'm sure Wiz has nothing to do with the black uniforms. The uniforms are black tops with white pants by the way.

Steelers like tradition. They wore their third jerseys (throwback inspired '47-'62) and helmets (yellow) for 3 consecutive seasons. I don't like them but they've done it.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/41/AFCN-Uniform-PIT.PNG/275px-AFCN-Uniform-PIT.PNG

Teams are allowed to have a 3rd jersey like the Cardinals/Steelers but they can only wear them twice per year (reg season).

As far as Wiz:
-His team sucks
-Even in the SB year, they were not that good record wise...just got hot in playoffs
-How brilliant a coach looks is tied to his QB. It's like a marriage. Wiz is about to go downhill. They were about to fire Childress before Farve made him look like a genius. I like the Tomlin/Ben marriage over the Wiz/Anderson marriage.

They also have the black pants. Porter was on the sideline saying he cant wait to wear them. He also said he made a plea in pittsbugh but was shot down. Didnt say who shot him down though. Thats what promted the thread. Lastly, I said Tomlin was the better coach just that Wiz had more clout. You guys are so quick to disagree with me that you dont even read. Tool funny lol

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 06:19 AM

Uh, I'm one of a FEW who predict us going 4-0. If ya look good ya play good. Porter said he wanted them in Pittsburgh. Hes probably not the only one. Having knowledge isnt your strong suit I see.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 06:21 AM
umm...the TV captures most of that with Tomlin. The camera is often on him.:tt04:

That is incorrect. The TV focuses on him when he is looking perplexed. They try to portray him as a lost coach.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 06:22 AM
I hate the black on black look. The Ravens use that for their third uniform. It's weak.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/74/AFCN-Uniform-BAL.PNG/275px-AFCN-Uniform-BAL.PNG

Black is a dominant color. No other color can overshadow that color. Add milk to black coffee and THAT makes it weak. The darker the more menacing and intimidating. I hate the Ravens but they "look" menacing in all black.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 06:25 AM

Whos arguing you guys are AGREEING with me. JOKES ON YOU. LOL:wave:

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 06:27 AM
:scratchchin:

:noidea:

Ummm... You didn't actually write that, did you? :toofunny:

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/william-bidwill-and-wife-nancy-bidwill-2008-dIfmvj.jpg
:puke:

I'm not sure what that means, or why one would ponder that. Your point is...?

The fault here lies with me entirely. Why do I even glance at any thread you start? I'm very frustrated with myself right now. :dang:

And you SHOULD be because you bit hook, line and sinker. Congrats. Sorry to expose you guys like this but it is just too easy. I make Wiz fans pull for Tomlin. I make Tomlin fans pull for Wiz. :wave:

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 06:46 AM
They also have the black pants. Porter was on the sideline saying he cant wait to wear them. He also said he made a plea in pittsbugh but was shot down. Didnt say who shot him down though. Thats what promted the thread. Lastly, I said Tomlin was the better coach just that Wiz had more clout. You guys are so quick to disagree with me that you dont even read. Tool funny lol

I don't understand what you mean by "more clout". Clout can mean multiple things. If you mean that Arizona kisses Wiz ass more than the Roony's kiss Tomlins ass then that might be right a little but clout can go beyond that to include respect etc. If you mean pull/influence with his respective team, yeah...I would agree. But he does not have more "clout" in the league overall.

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 06:50 AM
That is incorrect. The TV focuses on him when he is looking perplexed. They try to portray him as a lost coach.

I've seen the things you are talking about and I don't go to live games. How would I see them then? Whenever something good happens and the player comes to the sideline they show Tomlin enthused.

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Black is a dominant color. No other color can overshadow that color. Add milk to black coffee and THAT makes it weak. The darker the more menacing and intimidating. I hate the Ravens but they "look" menacing in all black.

All I can say is I disagree. I don't like the all black Ravens look.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 06:54 AM
If I meant "in the league" I woud have gave 'in the league" references. I didnt, I gave management references so it was clear what I meant. Not trying to be an *ss. To the guy that said something about qbs make coaches etc. That is true to an extent but there is always an exception to the rule. I think Bill Walsh is that exception. I think he devised a system that produced alot of good qbs. Qbs like Montana, Young, Bono, Grbac and Garcia. I know they werent as successful as Joe but once the left the Walsh umbrella they never had the same success. That includes Montana.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 06:55 AM
I've seen the things you are talking about and I don't go to live games. How would I see them then? Whenever something good happens and the player comes to the sideline they show Tomlin enthused.

Examples please.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 06:56 AM
All I can say is I disagree. I don't like the all black Ravens look.

Thats your choice sir. Why do they put a menacing figure in black in the movies? Because its scary. Simple

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 07:00 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a1/NFCW-Uniform-ARI.PNG/275px-NFCW-Uniform-ARI.PNG

If they decide to wear black pants, they have to get special approval from the NFL HQ and still they may only wear them twice per year unless they submit to have an official uniform change like the Jaguars and the Lions did last year.

Porter runs his mouth a lot. I'll believe the black pants when I see them.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 07:02 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a1/NFCW-Uniform-ARI.PNG/275px-NFCW-Uniform-ARI.PNG

If they decide to wear black pants, they have to get special approval from the NFL HQ and still they may only wear them twice per year unless they submit to have an official uniform change like the Jaguars and the Lions did last year.

I'm sure they are aware of that. However, I wasnt. Thanks for the knowledge.

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 07:17 AM
If I meant "in the league" I woud have gave 'in the league" references. I didnt, I gave management references so it was clear what I meant. Not trying to be an *ss. To the guy that said something about qbs make coaches etc. That is true to an extent but there is always an exception to the rule. I think Bill Walsh is that exception. I think he devised a system that produced alot of good qbs. Qbs like Montana, Young, Bono, Grbac and Garcia. I know they werent as successful as Joe but once the left the Walsh umbrella they never had the same success. That includes Montana.

Well...the title of your thread could be more clear. If you leave that statement as it is unqualified, it implies overall or in the league. You could have said "Wis has more clout with the Cardinals than Tomlin has with the Steelers". That would not have been as exciting. Your example could be interpreted as since he has more clout in the league and respect, his team is doing xxxx.

Examples please.

Too tired to argue about this point. Maybe someone will chime in. I have a feeling it is futile. If I give 3 examples, it will not be enoug for you.

Thats your choice sir. Why do they put a menacing figure in black in the movies? Because its scary. Simple

Sure it's my opinion. In the movies, black is scary because they can hide in the dark. When a player is surrounded by a billion lights and there is no darkness to hide in, it becomes moot...in my opinion.

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm sure they are aware of that. However, I wasnt. Thanks for the knowledge.

Sure. They do that to protect merchandising. There are a lot of jerseys, toys, pictures, dolls, posters etc. If they can change things and make these products all obsolete, fans get mad so they discourage frequent changing.

The rule allows twice during the regular season and once during the preseason for your 3rd jersey/uniform. It still has to be the already preapporved third uniform and you have to let the league know in the beginning of the season which games you will use them for.

It's weird. I think the Steelers were just planning to use them for the 75th aniversary season in '07 but Ben had such a great Monday night game in the uniforms that they seemed to want to continue it for luck. They continued to do well so it continued. This would be the 4th season. I saw the yellow helmets in the locker rooms this offseason so I have a feeling they will wear them for 2 games this season. I could be wrong. We'll see. Maybe the bad season last year finally made them think it doesn't matter.

Kanata-Steeler
09-06-2010, 08:06 AM
... which is why the Wiz basically decided to leave our Steelers', he wanted absolute power as a head coach with the Steelers', or nuthin' !
But yup, as mentioned already -Tomlin 1, Wiz 0

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Well...the title of your thread could be more clear. If you leave that statement as it is unqualified, it implies overall or in the league. You could have said "Wis has more clout with the Cardinals than Tomlin has with the Steelers". That would not have been as exciting. Your example could be interpreted as since he has more clout in the league and respect, his team is doing xxxx.

The whole OP is full of management examples and not ONE league example. Self explanatory.

Too tired to argue about this point. Maybe someone will chime in. I have a feeling it is futile. If I give 3 examples, it will not be enoug for you.

Thats fine. I respect that. He who doesnt provide examples, hands are empty of all proofs.

Sure it's my opinion. In the movies, black is scary because they can hide in the dark. When a player is surrounded by a billion lights and there is no darkness to hide in, it becomes moot...in my opinion.

No dark personifies menacing. Big, bad and bold. Many westerns depict that bad guy in the black hat in the middle of day. "Meet me at high noon" ring a bell?

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Sure. They do that to protect merchandising. There are a lot of jerseys, toys, pictures, dolls, posters etc. If they can change things and make these products all obsolete, fans get mad so they discourage frequent changing.

The rule allows twice during the regular season and once during the preseason for your 3rd jersey/uniform. It still has to be the already preapporved third uniform and you have to let the league know in the beginning of the season which games you will use them for.

It's weird. I think the Steelers were just planning to use them for the 75th aniversary season in '07 but Ben had such a great Monday night game in the uniforms that they seemed to want to continue it for luck. They continued to do well so it continued. This would be the 4th season. I saw the yellow helmets in the locker rooms this offseason so I have a feeling they will wear them for 2 games this season. I could be wrong. We'll see. Maybe the bad season last year finally made them think it doesn't matter.
I hate those throwback jerseys we wear. I like the yellow ones we wore back in the day. They look like rugby jerseys. Cowher was coaching at the time.
I agree, Ben lit the Ravens up in that Monday Night game. Deebo and his pick. Ahh great night in the ugly jerseys.

SacknificentStew56
09-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Lombardies > Clout

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
If thats the case then what do you say to the guys who say Tomlin is Barry Switzer or Geore Seifert? Or that he won with Cowhers team?

SacknificentStew56
09-06-2010, 09:53 AM
You say nothing to them. Let em YAP all they want. It's written in the books with Tomlin as the Head Coach. Regardless of how much talent the team has when the coach takes over. If that's the case, Cowher deserves half a ring according to the clowns who think that way. Tomlin wouldn't slice his ring in half nor would Bill Cowher accept it. Who cares about Switzer or Seifert? It's a Black and Gold World we live in and the other teams are just dust in our universe. :tt03:

If thats the case then what do you say to the guys who say Tomlin is Barry Switzer or Geore Seifert? Or that he won with Cowhers team?

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 10:25 AM
You say nothing to them. Let em YAP all they want. It's written in the books with Tomlin as the Head Coach. Regardless of how much talent the team has when the coach takes over. If that's the case, Cowher deserves half a ring according to the clowns who think that way. Tomlin wouldn't slice his ring in half nor would Bill Cowher accept it. Who cares about Switzer or Seifert? It's a Black and Gold World we live in and the other teams are just dust in our universe. :tt03:

Screw you I'm a Sooner fan too :tt03:

SacknificentStew56
09-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Okay!!

Screw you I'm a Sooner fan too :tt03:

kirklandrules
09-06-2010, 10:52 AM
I would judge clout more on the idea that maybe the Rooneys wanted Arians gone and Tomlin, not Ben, stood up for his guy. So Whiz is now playing around with the color scheme of the uniforms ... doesn't show more clout to me. Does he also pick out the wallpaper in the foyer at the Cards front office? Sounds like he has too much time on his hands if (IF) he's the one making those decisions. Ask Tomlin and he'll probably tell you this team should win even if they don't wear pants at all ... just send them out in their jocks. Our guy don't care about no stinkin color of his players pants!

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Okay!!

You know what I mean? lol Barry is a legend in Soonerville lol

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I would judge clout more on the idea that maybe the Rooneys wanted Arians gone and Tomlin, not Ben, stood up for his guy. So Whiz is now playing around with the color scheme of the uniforms ... doesn't show more clout to me. Does he also pick out the wallpaper in the foyer at the Cards front office? Sounds like he has too much time on his hands if (IF) he's the one making those decisions. Ask Tomlin and he'll probably tell you this team should win even if they don't wear pants at all ... just send them out in their jocks. Our guy don't care about no stinkin color of his players pants!

According to Joey Porter they did. If they played in jocks where would the thigh and knee pads go? Lastly, I think BEN stood up for Arians and not Tomlin

kirklandrules
09-06-2010, 11:27 AM
According to Joey Porter they did. If they played in jocks where would the thigh and knee pads go? Lastly, I think BEN stood up for Arians and not Tomlin

First we say that Ben stands up for Arians and gets the Rooneys to change their minds on his firing. Now I see posts where we are saying Ben can't stop crying in the presence of Rooney and the Commish and that the owners have him under their thumbs. Don't believe the crap, Arians wasn't saved by Ben ... if Tomlin didn't stand up for his guy, Arians would be hustling bjs on the nearest corner. In any other organization I'd believe the players would be able to force the ownership in a particular direction, but not an organization run by the Rooneys. This is a case of too much credit for the player and not enough for the coach. What kind of franchise would we have if the Rooneys decided to listen to their players and not let the coaches and FO personnel make the decisions? You think it would work well if Tomlin told the Rooneys he didn't want Arians, but the Rooneys said "tough sh!t, Ben wants him so you have to learn to coach with this guy."? Ben's not above the organization no matter what trash you read and believe.

BTW, I support Ben and wouldn't want any other QB on my team ... but I don't think he's the tail that wags the dog.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 11:42 AM
First we say that Ben stands up for Arians and gets the Rooneys to change their minds on his firing. Now I see posts where we are saying Ben can't stop crying in the presence of Rooney and the Commish and that the owners have him under their thumbs. Don't believe the crap, Arians wasn't saved by Ben ... if Tomlin didn't stand up for his guy, Arians would be hustling bjs on the nearest corner. In any other organization I'd believe the players would be able to force the ownership in a particular direction, but not an organization run by the Rooneys. This is a case of too much credit for the player and not enough for the coach. What kind of franchise would we have if the Rooneys decided to listen to their players and not let the coaches and FO personnel make the decisions? You think it would work well if Tomlin told the Rooneys he didn't want Arians, but the Rooneys said "tough sh!t, Ben wants him so you have to learn to coach with this guy."? Ben's not above the organization no matter what trash you read and believe.

BTW, I support Ben and wouldn't want any other QB on my team ... but I don't think he's the tail that wags the dog.

I dont think Tomlin and Arians are that close. Its well documented that Arians and Ben are. In fact, Ben is the ONLY Steeler who calls Arians "Bruce". The rest of the guys call him "Coach Arians". Of course I cant prove that Ben went to bat for him but the reality is Tomlin wants to run the ball and Arians does not. Neither does Ben. Lastly, Ben didnt like Whisenhunt either but you dont think management took into account that their 105 million investment had problems with him? I think Ben has more clout in the burgh than you give him credit for.

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 11:47 AM

Yeah, you can say that Tomlin won the Super Bowl with Cowher's team. But let's put this in perspective ... Cowher was able to win only one Super Bowl with Cowher's teams.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Gotcha

tony hipchest
09-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Black is a dominant color. No other color can overshadow that color. Add milk to black coffee and THAT makes it weak. The darker the more menacing and intimidating. I hate the Ravens but they "look" menacing in all black.are you a girl?

Thats your choice sir. Why do they put a menacing figure in black in the movies? Because its scary. Simplesteelers wear black. so do the raiders. dont be scared. :sissies:

I'm sure they are aware of that. However, I wasnt. Thanks for the knowledge.yes, thanks for schooling him, steelknight.

I hate those throwback jerseys we wear. I like the yellow ones we wore back in the day. They look like rugby jerseys. Cowher was coaching at the time.
I agree, Ben lit the Ravens up in that Monday Night game. Deebo and his pick. Ahh great night in the ugly jerseys.is this a football messageboard or "queer eye for the straight guy"?

who the hell let the fashion police in? :doh:

Gotcha

:thumbsup:

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Tony are you still upset? You'll be ok bud. The Steeler players want black pants according to Joey Porter, who care what you think. lol

ETL
09-06-2010, 02:19 PM

Having "clout" with the loser Cardinals is like being the tallest midget.

ETL
09-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Downbylaw
"Black is a dominant color. No other color can overshadow that color. Add milk to black coffee and THAT makes it weak. The darker the more menacing and intimidating. I hate the Ravens but they "look" menacing in all black."

We should cut all the white players on the team. Furthermore, we should only select the "darker" African-Americans on the team as it will help us become "more menacing and intimidating"

Sorry, Down, had to resort to sarcasm to reply to your views about color and menacing-ness

scsteeler
09-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Wiz is OK. Warner and 2 damn good receivers made them winners but constant is a bit much. Now Warner and Bolden are gone. Let's see how they do this year. He's only lucky they have a bad division.

I like the way Tomlin teats his players. He has a good relationship with them yet they respect him. People were afraid of Cowher but not everybody close. It produced one Superbowl. I like Cowher but I don't care about style...as long as the coach is not a jackazz, throw players under the bus, I just want to win.

I agree that Whiz had it not been for Warner would not have been in the Superbowl and that bull about Arizona no having talent is totally ludicrous the Cardinals were loaded with talent when he came there. I agree lets see what Whiz does this year with the loss of the key players you mentioned above.

As far as Cowher I did not know him personally or Tomlin so I can't truly comment on the type of people they are as a coach. ( I imagine most that are now are just making assumptions since they most likely don't know them personally either.)

Fire Arians
09-06-2010, 02:42 PM
wayne fontes had a lot of clout with the lions, how many playoff appearances did he have in his career?

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Tony are you still upset? You'll be ok bud. The Steeler players want black pants according to Joey Porter, who care what you think. lol

Maybe Porter can get Wiz to use all of his clout to get the Cards all black uniforms. :noidea: And while he's at it, maybe he can use his clout to talk Rooney into letting him borrow one of the six Lombardis for the weekend. Just to see how it feels and all.

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 03:28 PM
:blah::blah::blah:]

I'm not going to waste my time because I see you are using faulty logic and refuse to see others' points of view...simple. You like to argue for arguments sake.

JackHammer
09-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I dont think Tomlin and Arians are that close. Its well documented that Arians and Ben are. In fact, Ben is the ONLY Steeler who calls Arians "Bruce". The rest of the guys call him "Coach Arians". Of course I cant prove that Ben went to bat for him but the reality is Tomlin wants to run the ball and Arians does not. Neither does Ben. Lastly, Ben didnt like Whisenhunt either but you dont think management took into account that their 105 million investment had problems with him? I think Ben has more clout in the burgh than you give him credit for.

How do you know that "the reality is Tomlin wants to run the ball and Arians does not"? If that were the case, Tomlin either would've over-ridden the play calling or Arians would've been canned already. Our last SB season our run/pass percentages were about 40/60, as opposed to 60/40 for the 2005 season. IMO Tomlin doesn't want to run more. He's smart enough to realize that A) The NFL is becoming more and more of a passing league, and B) Ben Roethlisberger is one hell of a passer, and C) He won a SB with this formula already.

As far as mgmt taking the Ben/Whiz relationship into account, it was Whiz's decision to take the Arizona job well before the Steelers made their decision, and he was high on their list to replace Cowher. He made the quick decision b/c he was worried that if he waited on the Steelers and they didn't hire him, he could miss out on other jobs. So he struck while the iron was hot and took the Cards job. But for all we know, the Rooney's may have ended up hiring him in the end if he had just stayed available. I'm sure they did consider the relationship between Whiz and Ben, but the fact that Whiz was still a TOP candidate for the job tells me that they also took into account the fact that despite that sour relationship, Whiz and Ben still won a SB together as OC and QB.

rick723
09-07-2010, 06:48 PM

I like the Tomlin Noll approach better.As to the 1st poster. I think Black anf Gold Intimidates real good in the uniforms we have. I don't think any coach could get them changed, I believe we are the only city who has the same colors for all pro sports.

rick723
09-07-2010, 06:50 PM

As far as Wiz:
-His team sucks

Yeah, in that case. Wiz is on his third wife.

BritishSteel
09-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I like the Tomlin Noll approach better.As to the 1st poster. I think Black anf Gold Intimidates real good in the uniforms we have. I don't think any coach could get them changed, I believe we are the only city who has the same colors for all pro sports.

The University in Loughborough here in England did a study on what the best colour for shirts is in team sports - they came up with Yellow as it's the easiest colour to see in your peripheral vision, so players with teams who play in yellow generally have a wider and more complete idea of where their colleagues are on the pitch.

Might be BS for all I know, but that's what they said. Maybe that's why we stick with the yellow helmets.

tony hipchest
09-08-2010, 02:40 PM
The University in Loughborough here in England did a study on what the best colour for shirts is in team sports - they came up with Yellow as it's the easiest colour to see in your peripheral vision, so players with teams who play in yellow generally have a wider and more complete idea of where their colleagues are on the pitch.

Might be BS for all I know, but that's what they said. Maybe that's why we stick with the yellow helmets.that makes alot of sense.

thats why yellow is most often used to signify "caution" or "warning". it stands out the quickest and easiest.

black and yellow found in nature also signify "danger" or "warning". most plants and animals (or bugs) with these colors are often poisonous, and not preyed upon.

Downbylaw
09-08-2010, 02:42 PM
GOLD Helmets sir.

Vis
09-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Rooney hates all-black uniforms saying they look like pajamas. I agree.

Downbylaw
09-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Where has he said that at? Link please. In my opinion they dont look like pajamas lol

California-Steel
09-08-2010, 03:41 PM
...I said Tomlin was the better coach just that Wiz had more clout....What does that even mean?!? The two work for different people. If they both worked for the same man I could remotely see some validaty to your statement. To say someone has more clout would first indicatate that they were both seeking approval for something from the same person. I don't think either are seeking anything that you can even compare.

You make some off the wall assumption that all coaches have to ask for a uni change. For all you know they have free will to use any uni they want.

Then you make the assumption that each owner if making the decision bases this off of some invisible status that each coach has. Whiz has 8 clout point to Tomlin's 5 points?!? I guess.

If the owner is making the decision it is his desision. Who's to say that if Whiz was here and Rooney was making the decision he would not say no to him either.

Your statement about clout is one that my 4 year would come up with. It makes no sense. :screwy:

SteelKnight
09-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah, in that case. Wiz is on his third wife.

I really do believe that marriage thing. Look ow brilliant Brad Childress looks. They were talking about firing him before Farve. Now we see it wasn't his fault after all.

Mangini would not be a head coach today if Farve did not spend that one year in NY. Mangini had looked aweful and Farve came in and made him look good.

Once a coach has a franchise QB...then you can blame him for everything else. Without one, a coach really can't be properly judged.

If Ben was gone, Tomlin would be in trouble.

Yeah...I sense trouble for Wiz. Anderson had that one good year in Cleveland. let's see how he can do. They should have never let Boulden go.

MasterOfPuppets
09-08-2010, 06:07 PM
i can't believe you guys are still responding to this nonsense ...:doh:

scsteeler
09-08-2010, 06:27 PM

I AGREE WHOLE HEARTLY

Wallace108
09-08-2010, 07:07 PM

MOP's got more clout than I do. :doh: :popcorn:

MasterOfPuppets
09-08-2010, 07:13 PM
MOP's got more clout than I do. :doh: :popcorn:

i'm getting the board colors changed ....:jerkit:

SteelKnight
09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
i'm getting the board colors changed ....:jerkit:

Great. Can ypu get them to get rid of all the gold and put all black. Black on black is more intimidating and scary. This will intimidate visiting fans. If you can't get that changed, you have less clout on this board than Down. :sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Remember this nugget of wisdom:

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience".

MasterOfPuppets
09-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Great. Can ypu get them to get rid of all the gold and put all black. Black on black is more intimidating and scary. This will intimidate visiting fans. If you can't get that changed, you have less clout on this board than Down. :sofunny:

and maybe we can make it look just like 3 or 4 other boards on the net...:applaudit:

MasterOfPuppets
09-08-2010, 07:25 PM
The lack of respect the Hawkeyes were getting provided a ready psychological ploy for Iowa Coach Hayden Fry. Did he use it? "Only about a hundred times," said Fry before the game. Which isn't surprising because Fry doesn't miss many tricks. Since arriving in Iowa City from North Texas State in 1979, he has redesigned the Hawkeyes' uniforms to resemble the Pittsburgh Steelers'"We needed to look like a proven winner," says Fry

Stinky Fred
09-08-2010, 07:28 PM

Where did that "bored' thread go?

mikegrimey
09-08-2010, 08:42 PM
I wonder if Tomlin has ever proposed anything like this to management? Perhaps management turned it down, who knows

In a rare display of flexing his intellectual muscles look at how DBL uses his imagination. Wondering if Tomlin ever proposed to change the Steelers colors, of course, "perhaps" the fantasy management turned down this fantasy proposal, but we'll never know for certain because, after all, its just fantasy.

Hahah, that quote really makes me laugh though. In the abscnece of proof, just speculate and try to do it the loudest. DBL even remembered to shout down any naysayers with his swift illogical logic.

Downbylaw
09-09-2010, 07:26 AM

Count yourself as "you guys" lol

billybob49
09-09-2010, 11:51 AM
lol,here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRf_A07Elyw