PDA

View Full Version : TJ Whosyomama signs with Ravens

Fire Haley
09-06-2010, 11:53 AM
In a surprise move, the Baltimore Ravens reached agreement with former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh on a one-year, $855,000 deal, according to league sources.

Seattle still owes Houshmandzadeh $6.15 million, meaning the receiver will make a total of $7 million this season.

Houshmandzadeh had multiple opportunities but ultimately decided to join a team in the same division as the team that drafted him -- the Cincinnati Bengals.

Houshmandzadeh now will join a stable of wide receivers that includes Anquan Boldin, Derrick Mason and Donte Stallworth.

Baltimore now will have to shed one player from its roster.

Adam Schefter

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5539093

jjpro11
09-06-2010, 12:07 PM
that blows.. they got him for nothing. easily an upgrade over Mason.

Fire Haley
09-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Better him than a CB, but I bet this has heads asploding all over Bengaldom. ha ha!

What it really means is Boldin, Mason and Housh will all be tripping over themselves running 10 yards downfield and turning around.

I mean, I like our WR's, but we got Randel El and Arnaz Battle and the Ratbirds got Boldin and TJ. Sorry - I gotta give them the edge in those moves.

All in all a good pick-up by the Ravens - they are getting a 1000 yard receiver for pennies, unless he really is a headcase.

Chad TO / TJ Boldin - our DB's better get their shit together. You too LeBeau, no more 10 yd cushions.

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Overall, our receivers are better.

steeltheone
09-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Damn it...The Ravens have to be the favorites now....I detest that team...

cloppbeast
09-06-2010, 02:13 PM
This is all Pete Caroll's fault.

SteelCityMom
09-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Apparently TJ being in means Clayton is on his way out. Ravens have put him up on the trading block.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/06/mark-clayton-is-on-the-trade-block/

The Lakelander
09-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Overall, our receivers are better.

I agree! :thumbsup:

Bolden is a hammy in waiting. He'll miss 3 games. :wink02:

Mason is 36. Still crafty ... but 36. :wave:

Houshmazilly ... 3 years removed from his best season ... 3rd team in 3 seasons ... ugly as sin :chuckle:

I'll take Hines, Wallace, El, and a very promising rookie burner (Sanders) over those guys thank you ... :thumbsup:

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a4ef7f/article/houshmandzadeh-agrees-to-oneyear-deal-with-ravens?module=HP_headlines

Wow...the Ravens are serious. Our division just got tougher. The only weakness the Raven have now is their pass D with weak CBs and no Reed.

We will need to pass.

StainlessStill
09-06-2010, 04:06 PM
The Ravens seriously have one big cluster f_ck at the wide receiver position, possibly one too many. They have like 100 WR's on their team that could cause many personal headaches for an offensive coordinator. I don't expect Housh to get many passes thrown his way but I seriously really do believe that the Ravens have more worries on the defensive side of the ball and that the over hyped scramble to get receivers on the team is going to do them no good in the long run.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-06-2010, 04:09 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=56687

Already posted in the correct section.

StainlessStill
09-06-2010, 04:13 PM
The Ravens seriously have one big cluster f_ck at the wide receiver position, possibly one too many. They have like 100 WR's on their team that could cause many personal headaches for an offensive coordinator. I don't expect Housh to get many passes thrown his way but I seriously really do believe that the Ravens have more worries on the defensive side of the ball and that the over hyped scramble to get receivers on the team is going to do them no good in the long run.

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 04:16 PM

I think the scramble to get WR was smart. Flacco is pretty good but receivers were having trouble getting open. Really it's not too many with Stallworth with a broken foot for 2 months.

Their top 3 is Boulden, Mason, and Housh. I think it was good because although Mason is good, he always threatens to retire. The one thing I notice is they might not have first rate speed but Mason is usually good at getting deep. Those 3 will be good and the Ravens have excellent running.

I really like our team. I just get nervous that the Ravens and Bengals are always making big moves and the Steelers never do.

Their secondary will be problematic until Reed comes back and Foxworth is gone for the season. That will be their weakness if teams have the guts to put 3-5 WR and force them to use their nickel and dime defense.

Often times teams get nervous against a good defense and say let's be conservative and run. That would be the wrong choice against the Ravens.

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 04:26 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=56687

I pondered that but I don't like the board police. Life is complex. We like to hang out on the Steelers board. I don't go to the general NFL section. I posted it here for 2 reasons:

1. This is where the vast majority of Steeler fans hang out
2.This directly affect the Steelers. I was hoping it would lead to comments about Ravens vs Steelers and how we should play them and whether we make enough big moves.

I disagree that it is not related to the Steelers. It's not like it is a story about the 49ers.

I get annoyed by the whole thing. One time I wanted to have a discussion about QB ranking and where Ben (Steeler) fits. It just so happens that Madden came out with their new ranking so I used it as a springboard for discussing Ben. Some mod saw it and moved the thread to the video game section. Really? I never even go to the videogame section. It killed the thread.

Another time I was discussing something and included a video so they moved it to the "Media" section and killed that thread.

I don't know why people can't process that something can be Steelers AND something else. They've gotten better...

So my point of posting here is not merely to focus on the Ravens but how this affects the Steelers.

mikegrimey
09-06-2010, 05:55 PM
They're going for broke this year. Defninitely trying to get to the SB anyway they can. Their receiving corp which used to be plebian should be a serious threat now. Boldin, Housh, Stallworth, Mason, Heap. They should have success with these guys especially since everyone knows and has to respect that they can run the ball.

They'll be a tough foe as always.

SteelKnight
09-06-2010, 06:30 PM
They're going for broke this year. Defninitely trying to get to the SB anyway they can. Their receiving corp which used to be plebian should be a serious threat now. Boldin, Housh, Stallworth, Mason, Heap. They should have success with these guys especially since everyone knows and has to respect that they can run the ball.

They'll be a tough foe as always.

Yeah. I agree. Housh used to give us trouble from time to time and he would be a great #3. Stalworth with his injury and being out for two months might be an aftertought tis season. If Housh looks good in the first game, I won't be surprised if they IR Stallworth. He's just taking up a roster spot. They don't really need 4 top WRs. The question is whether Mason can be speedy enough.

Both the Ravens and Bengals made big moves.

I think the Ravens will beat the overhyped Jets on Monday night. It should be good though with the number one defense against a potent offense.

Gosh I miss when the Ravens had belief in Kyle Boller and we would pretend like we were nervous and chuckle in the background. lol

Fire Haley
09-06-2010, 07:00 PM

Bout time these mods don't let these attention ho's steal my thunder.

amen

Downbylaw
09-06-2010, 07:15 PM
He only moves the duplicates started by me. Its all good. Smile

kirklandrules
09-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I think this is a downgrade for the ratbirds. TJ is not the possession receiver that Mason was for the past few years for Flaco. This would be like us dumping Hines. Mason was always clutch for Flaco and he leaned on that guy like no tomorrow. TJ used to be a deep threat guy, not a possession guy. The Ravens are way overhyped and this is not how you build a winning team. They suck and we're going to prove it by kicking their azz this year ... not once, but twice!

SteelCityMom
09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
He only moves the duplicates started by me. Its all good. Smile

Sometimes SHE moves the duplicates to ya know! :flap:

Fire Haley
09-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Mom likes me best.

Fire Arians
09-06-2010, 08:04 PM
i hope TJ Taliban gets knocked out by ryan clark again

cloppbeast
09-06-2010, 08:43 PM
You know, I'm more worried about Ray Rice. Our defensive game plan has always been to make our opponents one dimensional by shutting down the run and forcing them to pass. From there, we dial up our pressure with exotic blitzes to confuse the quarterback and pound him into the ground. If we can't stop the run, we're really in trouble.

Last year, Ray Rice gave us all kinds of problems. Lawrence Timmons couldn't tackle him better than a greased pig. Hopefully, somewhere during Timmon's busy offseason of improvement, he learned to wrap up during a tackle.

Fire Haley
09-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Timmons ate a bunch of cheezeburgers this year, I hear - - - he says he's ready to stuff the run.

He looked good from what I saw in preseason, getting up in there and popping them bitches with speed.

tony hipchest
09-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I pondered that but I don't like the board police. Life is complex. We like to hang out on the Steelers board. I don't go to the general NFL section. I posted it here for 2 reasons:

1. This is where the vast majority of Steeler fans hang out
2.This directly affect the Steelers. I was hoping it would lead to comments about Ravens vs Steelers and how we should play them and whether we make enough big moves.

I disagree that it is not related to the Steelers. It's not like it is a story about the 49ers.

I get annoyed by the whole thing. One time I wanted to have a discussion about QB ranking and where Ben (Steeler) fits. It just so happens that Madden came out with their new ranking so I used it as a springboard for discussing Ben. Some mod saw it and moved the thread to the video game section. Really? I never even go to the videogame section. It killed the thread.

Another time I was discussing something and included a video so they moved it to the "Media" section and killed that thread.

I don't know why people can't process that something can be Steelers AND something else. They've gotten better...

So my point of posting here is not merely to focus on the Ravens but how this affects the Steelers.unfortunately you will have to deal with the board police.

yes, life IS complex, but posting on a mesageboard is easy, and following basic rules is quite simple.

1. being that this is not high school, it is really none of our business where you prefer and choose to "hang out".

but it is our business that members read and understand the COC and abide by those very simple and easy guidelines.

it is most certainly not to much to ask that posters not to be so lazy to do a search in the appropriate forum for a non-steeler related article they wish to post.

its basic and simple forum protocol and ettiquite.

2. we will not allow a single poster to dictate the rules because of where they "hang out" or because they believe they know what DIRECTLY affects the steelers.

if we do, the next thing you know some assclown will come along posting daily chad johnson twitter updates, because he thinks that directly affects the steelers.

it doesnt. tj douch with the ravens doesnt. a new steelers coach, or steelers qb, steelers offensive philosophy, or breaking steelers news does.

a new raven signing MAY OR MAY not INDIRECTLY affect the steelers which is why you dont find multiple redundant and repeat postings of-

TO joins bengals
Matt jones joins bengals
Pac man jones joins bengals
Antonio bryant joins bengals
bengals release antonio bryant
houshmanzadeh may go to the bengals
browns sign ben watson
browns sign jake delhomme
ravens sign stallworth
ravens sign anquan boldin
:blah::blah::blah:

in the steelers forum. most people already know if they wanna read about all that crap they can go read about it on a bungles forum or in the general nfl forum, being that that is gerneral nfl related information.

3. if you want to start a discussion of how a signing may affect the team, i suggest a title of How will ravens WR signings effect steelers secondary?

hope this helps. :smile:

SteelKnight
09-07-2010, 10:18 AM
3. if you want to start a discussion of how a signing may affect the team, i suggest a title of How will ravens WR signings effect steelers secondary?

hope this helps. :smile:

Yeah. I considered changing the title but was hoping people would get it including the moderators. I absolutely wanted to discuss the Housh signing wrt how it affects the Steelers. If it did not affect the Steelers, I wouldn't have put it there. Had he signed with Chicago for example, you know I wouldn't have put it there.

Anyway, I usually don't have a problem with the mods. I think the times that they moved it, they didn't even read it ...saw the word Madden 11 and assumed it was about how to get better in the video game or saw that there was a video and killed the discussion that was the main point of the video. The video was the example.

I wouldn't have been frustrated if the moves didn't kill the discussions...but they did.

Anyway, it is still my favorite Steelers board and I like you guys. It is just the gray areas where I would hope you would use your judgment and decide whether it is related to the Steelers. If you make the judgment that the person has erred and it is not related to the Steelers, I respect that. Just knowing you gave it thought is respectable.

SteelKnight
09-07-2010, 10:22 AM
i hope TJ Taliban gets knocked out by ryan clark again

He has to be Taliban just because of his ethnicity?

SteelKnight
09-07-2010, 10:25 AM
I think this is a downgrade for the ratbirds. TJ is not the possession receiver that Mason was for the past few years for Flaco. This would be like us dumping Hines. Mason was always clutch for Flaco and he leaned on that guy like no tomorrow. TJ used to be a deep threat guy, not a possession guy. The Ravens are way overhyped and this is not how you build a winning team. They suck and we're going to prove it by kicking their azz this year ... not once, but twice!

They STILL HAVE MASON and in addition, they have Bouldin. The question is whether TJ is fast. Tey need one of the 3 to be the speed burner. Mason was able to go Deep last year so it may be him.

tony hipchest
09-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Anyway, it is still my favorite Steelers board and I like you guys. It is just the gray areas where I would hope you would use your judgment and decide whether it is related to the Steelers. If you make the judgment that the person has erred and it is not related to the Steelers, I respect that. Just knowing you gave it thought is respectable.

thats all we ask. :thumbsup:

please keep in mind it is part of our responsibility to ensure the main steelers forum (which definitely is the most popular doesnt get cluttered with-

TO joins bengals
Matt jones joins bengals
browns sign ben watson
ravens sign stallworth

past experience shows this is frustrating for the majority and drives viewership away.

thanks again.

SteelKnight
09-07-2010, 06:17 PM
thats all we ask. :thumbsup:

please keep in mind it is part of our responsibility to ensure the main steelers forum (which definitely is the most popular doesnt get cluttered with-

TO joins bengals
Matt jones joins bengals
browns sign ben watson
ravens sign stallworth

past experience shows this is frustrating for the majority and drives viewership away.

thanks again.

Sure...and I think you got the point I was making with the "where the people are". It was not meant to be high school hang out stuff but a real point. I know you were going point for point so I left it alone. It was not me being petty. Those two times, for example the video game board and the media board, there were no fans on the videogame board (didn't even know we had one) and there were 2 fans on the Media board. Meanwhile there were thirty something fans in "Steelers" where those 2 threads could have had some good discussion. Anyway, for the most part I've been happy with the work (I just get nervous about including a video in the first post of any new thread...lol).

You know what else would be cool? If there was a quick link on the Steelers forum to the NFL forum, that would be cool. That way instead of going all the way back to the forum tree, if we wanted to see what members are saying about NFL teams, we could just click it and if we see noting we like, we could hit the back button.

1/28/01
09-11-2010, 09:23 PM
that blows.. they got him for nothing. easily an upgrade over Mason.

What? Are you serious with that statement? He's a compliment too, not a replacement of.....