PDA

View Full Version : Bruenner hired as scout/Rookie number changes

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Bruener hired as college scout

PITTSBURGH ─ The Steelers announced today that Mark Bruener has been added to the teamís scouting department, where he will serve as a college scout.

Bruener played tight end with the Steelers for nine seasons (1995-03) after being drafted by Pittsburgh in the first round of the 1995 NFL Draft. He finished his playing career with the Houston Texans from 2004-08. Bruener spent this past summer interning with the Steelersí scouting department during training camp.

Note: The Steelers also announced three rookie number changes. CB Crezdon Butler will wear No. 28, RB Jonathan Dwyer will wear No. 27 and LB Stevenson Sylvester will wear No. 55.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Bruener-hired-as-college-scout/fd0f9dce-2fd7-424b-8a30-a93a4198cee1

tony hipchest
09-06-2010, 12:50 PM
good for him. the buzz while he was is houston was he had all the makings of a scout or coach. looking at the success former tight ends mularkey and wisenhunt have had, i expect the same from breuner.

Tone's Toes
09-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Was sad to see him go as a player. The guy was so loyal to the organization. Got drafted as a pass catcher but was used almost exclusively as a blocker. He never complained though. The guy took pay cut after pay cut to stay with the team until they finally released him outright. If there's one player I wished could have been a part of 1 of our 2 Super Bowl teams that wasn't it's Bruenner.

BengalDestroyer
09-07-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm also glad to see him back a Steeler in some way! He has a lot of talent as a player and I have no doubt he will be able to see talent coming up.