PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of joining the tea party.

zulater
09-06-2010, 08:00 PM
http://www.infowars.com/globalist-soros-launches-frontal-assault-against-tea-party/

I'm somewhat tempted just to give the middle finger to Soros and his ilk. :fingers:

Sometimes who a group's enemies are tells me more about them than who their members are.

cloppbeast
09-06-2010, 08:15 PM
good idea. I went to one of the protests in DC, but I soon learned that a Republican Senator was speaking. That kind of pissed me off. I'm here to protest the government in Washington and now I have to listen to a lecture Senator who had been in office for a while? I was pissed. I'm not one to thing this shitty government was created solely by Democrats. No, this was a team effort and Republicans by no means deserve a pass.

SteelCityMom
09-06-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm not too big on the tea party. I like some of the thoughts behind their ideas, but they are not enough for me. I think of them as a slightly more conservative Republican party (and am not sure they aren't just a tool of the Republican party myself).

I'd still like to see more rooted Libertarians get press and office time. The tea party wants less government involvement and wants to lower taxes, but does nothing to address the unconstitutionality of the IRS, income taxes and the federal reserve. I'd like to see more than just a slightly more conservative Republican party rise up as a new contender in the political race.

SteelCityMom
09-06-2010, 09:39 PM
With that said...Soros is a total douchebag.

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 10:09 PM
I might as well copy and paste my view from another site:

The very thing that made the tea party legitimate is the same thing that led to its undoing. It started off as a grassroots movement of Americans who were angry with government, both Democrats and Republicans. But the tea party never had an organizational structure, so that allowed opportunistic Republicans to move in and claim it. That's why Sarah Palin has become the tea party's darling. The Republicans have taken over the movement.

And I'm a Republican. But first and foremost I'm an American. And I think BOTH parties have sold us out, and quite frankly I'm tired of both of them. And THAT'S what the tea party was supposed to be about ... Americans standing up against the government and saying, "ENOUGH!"

ricardisimo
09-06-2010, 10:14 PM
There are good, viable 3rd parties out there for both the right and the left. I'd like to see the Greens and the Libs start cleaning up. Instead, the fastest-growing party is "Decline to State". Go figure. People would rather throw in the towel than make even the least statement against their old parties.

To borrow from Khalil Gibran: If you love your party, leave it. If it follows you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was.

urgle burgle
09-08-2010, 01:34 PM
There are good, viable 3rd parties out there for both the right and the left. I'd like to see the Greens and the Libs start cleaning up. Instead, the fastest-growing party is "Decline to State". Go figure. People would rather throw in the towel than make even the least statement against their old parties.

To borrow from Khalil Gibran: If you love your party, leave it. If it follows you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was.

does that include tupperware parties?

urgle burgle
09-08-2010, 01:39 PM
I'd still like to see more rooted Libertarians get press and office time. The tea party wants less government involvement and wants to lower taxes, but does nothing to address the unconstitutionality of the IRS, income taxes and the federal reserve. I'd like to see more than just a slightly more conservative Republican party rise up as a new contender in the political race.

i am kinda' like you on the tea party. i like a lot of their stuff, some doesn't go far enough, and i'm afeared of the repub take over. however, from the reseach and conversations that i have had with those that support it, many do belive in the destruciton of the IRS, etc. However, i think even they realize that most would think those ideas are supposedly "way out", and would hurt the overall development, and message. i am hoping, and hopefully we'll see, that if some of those backed by the tea party get in office, they will bring these issues up for serious debate. but im not holding my breath.

chacha
09-08-2010, 03:12 PM
With that said...Soros is a total douchebag.

well most financiers, like politicians, are total douchebags, but Soros has had some very good moments. He funded an effort to decriminalize pot, he gives a lot to charity-he just gave 100 million to Human Rights Watch, he actually had a lot to do with Communism fading from Eastern Europe, and he really wanted Bush out which was just jim dandy with me! So not a total douchebag imo

MasterOfPuppets
09-08-2010, 03:29 PM
i think its completely ridiculous that we only have 2 options on election day. the number of registered independents , and the number of people who don't bother to vote , should be enough to tell a person that we need electoral reform.