PDA

View Full Version : Willie Parker anyone?

madtowndrunkard
09-07-2010, 01:34 AM
I can't believe no one is suggesting that we pick up Parker?

I also can't believe he wouldn't be better then most of our current back ups. He could easily be had at a discount. Frankly I'm surprised we haven't signed him already.

tony hipchest
09-07-2010, 01:39 AM
im sure this thread will be met with an unresounding "NO"!

with that being said, i cant believe he will be out of the nfl this season.

not only do i just think he deserves better than that, i think he is flat out better than that.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Willie is one of my favorite players bit I believe his time in Pittsburgh is finished. Barring some injuries to our backfield, I can't see us resigning him this year. I hope he is able to stick somewhere else though. Maybe Tampa Bay. They grabed LeGarrett Blount yesterday but are still pretty thin at halfback.

SacknificentStew56
09-07-2010, 02:04 AM
He'll get picked up sooner or later, i'm sure some team with have an injured back in a week or two. Willie deserves better than this.

truesteelerfan
09-07-2010, 08:32 AM
I think we need to pick him up also. Almost all teams that are successful in the NFL today have 2 backs who could be featured, however they benefit (and extend their careers) by having a breather...which also gives teams a change of pace back. Redman MIGHT be what we need, but no one else our roster fits that bill. Parker would be a good signing IMO for 1 year at a discount because he's better than what we have..but he'll need to know his role.

steelerfan5
09-07-2010, 08:46 AM
I can't imagine that Willie will be out of a job for long. Somebody will pick him up. I doubt it will be the Steelers, though.

Steelers>NFL
09-07-2010, 09:02 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Move on................................................

joeyssteelcurtain
09-07-2010, 09:07 AM
no they should not even think about it

steeltheone
09-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Don't be to hasty to dish FWP. We are 1 injury away from needing his services.

scsteeler
09-07-2010, 11:21 AM
If they can find room to add him sure but to make room for Willie P. now I say no. Just so you know I have several FWP jersey's as he was one of my favorite players and I wish he would have just accepted the fact that he had lost a step and they would have kept him on the team a little longer.

vasteeler
09-07-2010, 11:39 AM
sorry guys.....sort of fast willie is done

Downbylaw
09-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Willie Parker could never read blocks. He was always a "project". We got his best years, he doesnt have anymore.

LVSteelersfan
09-07-2010, 12:34 PM
How about NO !!!! SWP needs to find another nest. As much as I liked him in his best years, he was just not good enough the last couple years. He has no vision and can't find a hole even if one is there. He just runs around like a chicken with no head and gets more negative yards than positive. He is a liability in the passing game because he can't block or catch the ball. No, he needs to find somewhere else to play. If he could not beat out Larry Johnson for a spot, there is no way he belongs back in Pittsburgh.

Downbylaw
09-07-2010, 12:46 PM
How about NO !!!! SWP needs to find another nest. As much as I liked him in his best years, he was just not good enough the last couple years. He has no vision and can't find a hole even if one is there. He just runs around like a chicken with no head and gets more negative yards than positive. He is a liability in the passing game because he can't block or catch the ball. No, he needs to find somewhere else to play. If he could not beat out Larry Johnson for a spot, there is no way he belongs back in Pittsburgh.

Agreed, he also falls down too easily. Sometimes he is not even hit and he falls down. He tries to ACT like he lost his footing and fell but I think he is cowering to the eventual hit.

Fire Haley
09-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Pick-up willie?

And cut who?

Dwyer? Redman?

totally ridiculous - - the wheels are off willie and he's up on blocks

drizze99
09-07-2010, 01:15 PM
We don't need Willie. He is no longer "Fast" Willie Parker which makes him average at best. He had his opportunity to get on with Washington and failed miserably this preseason.

We just need to move on. I hate be cold like that but guess what, players move on all of the time when they want bigger contracts right? Do they care what the fans think? It's a business and therefore thats how i treat them now. Willie is not worth a roster spot...

stb_steeler
09-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I can't believe no one is suggesting that we pick up Parker?

I also can't believe he wouldn't be better then most of our current back ups. He could easily be had at a discount. Frankly I'm surprised we haven't signed him already.

Why would the Steelers pick him up again?...If thats the case why was he let go in the first place. I liked Willy just as much as anyone but, im sure you noticed he cant run up the gut, he usually hits the ground before being tackled and mostly he's always hurt....Does this sound like some one the Steelers want to continue on the payroll?. It just wouldnt make sence.

PhantomJB93
09-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Willie Parker = most overrated RB in history (at least by Pittsburgh fans, IDK how much national recognition he got)

I was so glad when he got hurt and Mendenhall got his shot.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Willie Parker = most overrated RB in history (at least by Pittsburgh fans, IDK how much national recognition he got)

I was so glad when he got hurt and Mendenhall got his shot.

So 1,202, 1,494, and 1,316 yard seasons with a career yard per carry average over 4 is overrated. Damn, I would hate to see your thoughts on Darren McFadden and Reggie Bush.

madtowndrunkard
09-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Why would the Steelers pick him up again?...If thats the case why was he let go in the first place. I liked Willy just as much as anyone but, im sure you noticed he cant run up the gut, he usually hits the ground before being tackled and mostly he's always hurt....Does this sound like some one the Steelers want to continue on the payroll?. It just wouldnt make sence.

Parker was let go becuase of $. His salary was too much for a back up. We could now sign him for back up $. Is he better then Redman? Maybe.....Is he better then Dwyer? Most definitely.

kiuaswarrior
09-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Even if Parker never plays another game in the NFL.

He got all he could ever ask for (do I need to remind you)... for being undrafted.

rick723
09-07-2010, 06:31 PM
I am a big Willie Parker fan but, I do not want Willie back.

TO WILLIE:
Thank you Willie for your time here and for your super bowl record run. You were an undrafted rookie who one of the Rooney scouts saw play a high school game, NOT SURE BUT THINK IT WAS AGAINST Swansboro NC High School, you played for Clinton NC. Rooney ask you if you were going to college and you responded yes sir. Mac Brown recruited me as the featured back at UNC. Rooney then told you if you did not get drafted to call him and he would give you a work out with the Steelers. Mac Brown took the big job at Texas. (don’t know if he offered Willie a roster spot but that is neither here nor there) John the dip sh*t bunting told you to gain 50 pounds or ride the pines. You refused and went undrafted. You called Rooney and he honored his promise to you. You had a great run with us. You never got over breaking your leg. You then got an attitude about being a backup and signed with the skins for greener pastures. Willie did that to Willie. MeMo, Redman, Dwyer and Mendy are all better than You now. Thanks again for your service with the Steelers Willie! That is all!

Admin Note. If Rooney had not kept his word, Willie would have been flipping burgers in Clinton NC for 5 years now

SteelCityKing
09-08-2010, 07:11 PM
i always like Parker, but chances are with Moore doing better than him the last few seasons, he's a better back up to Mendenhall than Parker. it's a nice thought to see him in Black and Gold again cause he's a beloved player. but i think the Steelers should look elsewhere when it comes to finding a better back.

should've snagged Westbrook when they had a chance. a vet like him would do well. maybe not...i dunno.

Stinky Fred
09-08-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm surprised he isn't in AZ. Sentimentally I would welcome him back. He deserves that much. But who do you cut to make a spot for him? Hmmmm?

Why TF do we need a "long snapper"?