PDA

View Full Version : WHY ......

MasterOfPuppets
09-07-2010, 03:35 PM
do people bother to register, then never post ??? :huh:
you can view the board without registering , so why bother to register if you don't have anything say ?
i was looking through the members list , i didn't do the math, but it looks to me like about 50% of those names on the list never even made a single post. :noidea:
i'd guesstimate that 75% has 2 posts or less.
i realize a lot were nothing but spammers , banned and had their spam post removed but certainly a lot weren't.
out of the ten most recent newbs right now, only 1 even made a post ...

Vis
09-13-2010, 01:41 PM
The free toaster

ricardisimo
09-13-2010, 04:50 PM
And then when you actually get the toaster you discover it's foreign-made crap. If it's not Cuisinart, we shouldn't be giving it away.

floodcitygirl
09-13-2010, 05:03 PM
I got no toaster of any brand! We deserve at least a toaster oven anyway! What's going on ??? Is somebody playing favorites around here??? :club:

Spinlcrack
09-17-2010, 07:05 PM
I can only speak for myself. Having never played organized ball, but having loved this team (and all other Pittsburgh teams) for all of my...ahem...40 some years, I must say I have learned more about the game since joining this board, as well as the one other of which I am a member. I enjoy reading the articles posted by Mesa and others. I enjoy the discussions and comment when I have something germane to add.
I am not worried about my post count. Not worried about being considered an expert on football. I already am in my chosen profession and that pretty much takes up most of my time and brain cells.
BTW, I joined when I had something to say. Before then I was just a regular lurker. Is it Sunday yet?

MattsMe
09-17-2010, 09:07 PM
I can only speak for myself. Having never played organized ball, but having loved this team (and all other Pittsburgh teams) for all of my...ahem...40 some years, I must say I have learned more about the game since joining this board, as well as the one other of which I am a member. I enjoy reading the articles posted by Mesa and others. I enjoy the discussions and comment when I have something germane to add.
I am not worried about my post count. Not worried about being considered an expert on football. I already am in my chosen profession and that pretty much takes up most of my time and brain cells.
BTW, I joined when I had something to say. Before then I was just a regular lurker. Is it Sunday yet?

Same for me.

Points for you for using "germane." He was always my favorite Jackson brother.

lionslicer
09-18-2010, 02:16 AM
From my experience, I've seen forums I wanted to join, registered then like by the end of registering I realized I didn't really care about the forum and never went back. It happens, why do you care?

Spinlcrack
09-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Same for me.

Points for you for using "germane." He was always my favorite Jackson brother.

My favorite too. Least favorite was Alonzo