PDA

View Full Version : Texans Trading First Round Pick?

83-Steelers-43
02-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Interesting.........

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5361260

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2346349

"There's clearly players at the top of this draft that are marquee players," Casserly said. "Players that are impact players, players that are going to go to the Pro Bowl, players that are going to sell tickets. We're going to get offers for this pick. We've already had discussions with teams. I think there's value in our pick." - Charley Casserly (Texans GM)

R2sojr
02-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Interesting.........

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5361260

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2346349

"There's clearly players at the top of this draft that are marquee players," Casserly said. "Players that are impact players, players that are going to go to the Pro Bowl, players that are going to sell tickets. We're going to get offers for this pick. We've already had discussions with teams. I think there's value in our pick." - Charley Casserly (Texans GM)

Some ppl might say im wrong here but i think there 1st rounder should be ferguson from Virginia...yeah bush is the best back in the nation but no back will do anything in the nfl without a line and theirs is horrible. davis is a great back and isnt he still preety young?...yeah u want the top back on ur roster but u gotta be realistic here

Suitanim
02-27-2006, 11:12 AM
This is interesting...The Texans basically had to guarantee Pete Carroll that they'd take Reggie Bush with the 1st overall pick to get him to come out, and now they are reneging.

Still, after resigning Carr, and already having a quality NFL RB in Domanick Davis, trading for picks makes a lot of sense, and Ferguson would be a great addition if they can get him a few picks lower.

Zez
02-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Trading down is a must for the Texans IMO. And I agree that their pick should be Fergueson. He is projected as the best LT since Orlando Pace. That doesn't come around that often. Especially when they can't keep David Carr upright. They have a quality back in Dom Davis. If they trade more picks, they will pick up a first rounder for next season, crucial for a team building a winner. They will get takers for people who want Bush. I think the Jets are someone who should trade for Bush. If they don't keep Pennington, I say look for them to sign Drew Brees, and trade up to pick up Bush. I am not sure of their cap situation, but I think signing Brees, and trading up for Bush would be a good move for the Jets.

BB2W
02-27-2006, 12:22 PM
I think it has been proven that trading down can really help a team that has multiple needs...

clevestinks
02-27-2006, 01:14 PM
We couldnt afford a first pick anyway LOL

Stillers#1
02-27-2006, 04:16 PM
I guess the guy sanding in for Skip Brainless on 1st and 10 this morning said the Steelers would be the team that would benefit the most from this "trade". I don't knowabout you guys, but I would rather not see us trade for this pick, I don't think we need another Willie on the team. Unless we pick him, sign him, and trade him.

Livinginthe past
02-27-2006, 04:35 PM
I dont see how the Steelers are even being mentioned in the same paragraph as this story.

Did someone actually say this on 1st and 10?

You simply cannot trade up from 32nd to 1st.

NM

83-Steelers-43
02-27-2006, 05:49 PM
In my opinion, I don't see the Texans trading their first round pick. I try not to put too much stock into what NFL organizations state days or weeks before the trade deadline. That's just me though.

Livinginthe past
02-27-2006, 05:57 PM
In my opinion, I don't see the Texans trading their first round pick. I try not to put too much stock into what NFL organizations state days or weeks before the trade deadline. That's just me though.

I would go along with that sentiment - it gets to the stage where you are trying to work out whether they are trying to double, treble or quadruple bluff you!

About the only thing that is sure is that statements released have no real bearing on what their actual draft strategy will be.

I really cannot see them passing up Reggie Bush - if the hype is true then they cannot afford to miss out.

Texas is a huge market - they need the sort of player who fits right in there.

NM

Stillers#1
02-27-2006, 06:09 PM
I dont see how the Steelers are even being mentioned in the same paragraph as this story.

NM
No, I made this up, YES someone said this on first and ten. I don't remember this guys name, but he mentioned the Steelers

augustashark
02-28-2006, 01:07 AM
I would go along with that sentiment - it gets to the stage where you are trying to work out whether they are trying to double, treble or quadruple bluff you!

About the only thing that is sure is that statements released have no real bearing on what their actual draft strategy will be.

I really cannot see them passing up Reggie Bush - if the hype is true then they cannot afford to miss out.

Texas is a huge market - they need the sort of player who fits right in there.

NM

What the hell is "treble"?

"They need the sort of player who fits right in there"-What the hell does that mean?

If you went only on "huge market" then would'nt V.Young be a better fit? He would fill the seats would he not!

Livinginthe past
02-28-2006, 01:28 AM
What the hell is "treble"?

"They need the sort of player who fits right in there"-What the hell does that mean?

If you went only on "huge market" then would'nt V.Young be a better fit? He would fill the seats would he not!

I'm pretty sure I have pointed you in the direction of dictionary.com in the past!

treble

2: three times as great or many; "a claim for treble (or triple) damages"; "a threefold increase" [syn: threefold, triple] 3: having three units or components or elements; "a ternary operation"; "a treble row of red beads"; "overcrowding made triple sessions necessary"; "triple time has three beats per measure";

Personally, I think you should have been able to work it out - considering the words either side of it meant two-fold and four-fold.

See if you can follow the logic on this one - Texas is a huge market, Reggie Bush is a massively talented player who played college ball for Texas - this means he would 'fit right in there'.

No-one can see the future, but I would bet a considerable amount of money that if you took it to a vote - that Vince Young would get 'treble' (see above for explanation) the amount votes of Reggies Bush in a poll to decide who was more likely to be a bust at pro level.

NM

atrus20
02-28-2006, 10:28 AM
See if you can follow the logic on this one - Texas is a huge market, Reggie Bush is a massively talented player who played college ball for Texas - this means he would 'fit right in there'.

Bush played college ball for USC (University of Southern California) against Texas in the Rose Bowl ;)

Hey this is fun!

bengalsfan21
02-28-2006, 11:50 AM
I see them taking Young or Lienart #1 "the extension of Carrs is only 3 years not 7 or 8" like the GM mentioned.

Livinginthe past
02-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Bush played college ball for USC (University of Southern California) against Texas in the Rose Bowl ;)

Hey this is fun!

Gah!

You are quite correct. Bush is a Texas native is what I meant.

That was a bad slip-up for sure - and yes, before say it, I do know Vince Young's college team is Texas and not USC. :sofunny:

Good spot all the same.

NM

augustashark
02-28-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I have pointed you in the direction of dictionary.com in the past!

treble

2: three times as great or many; "a claim for treble (or triple) damages"; "a threefold increase" [syn: threefold, triple] 3: having three units or components or elements; "a ternary operation"; "a treble row of red beads"; "overcrowding made triple sessions necessary"; "triple time has three beats per measure";

Personally, I think you should have been able to work it out - considering the words either side of it meant two-fold and four-fold.

No-one can see the future, but I would bet a considerable amount of money that if you took it to a vote - that Vince Young would get 'treble' (see above for explanation) the amount votes of Reggies Bush in a poll to decide who was more likely to be a bust at pro level.

NM

Idiot, I know what treble means. I think it was just stupid to use it the way you did. I've been in my share of arbitration hearings and know all about triple damages. You just go the extra yard. I said earlier, you come across as FORCED!

No matter how you try to redeem yourself the "he would fit right in there" sounds hillbillyish! Now I know that MA has some really stupid people there, but I thought that was only in your government! Guess I was wrong!

augustashark
02-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Gah!

That was a bad slip-up for sure - and yes, before say it, I do know Vince Young's college team is Texas and not USC. :sofunny:

Good spot all the same.

NM

I thought that Bush was from the "619"?

"before say it" - WTF is going on here. Thought you never make mistakes.

Livinginthe past
02-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Idiot, I know what treble means. I think it was just stupid to use it the way you did. I've been in my share of arbitration hearings and know all about triple damages. You just go the extra yard. I said earlier, you come across as FORCED!

No matter how you try to redeem yourself the "he would fit right in there" sounds hillbillyish! Now I know that MA has some really stupid people there, but I thought that was only in your government! Guess I was wrong!

You are calling me an idiot?

How would you suggest I use the word treble...maybe instead of the word five-fold? Would that make more sense to silly stalker?

There are stupid people everywhere AugustaStalker - you just happen to be the most stupid on this website.

If you dont want me to keep explaining things to you - stop asking.

Just like you.......it really is that simple.

NM

Livinginthe past
02-28-2006, 05:12 PM
I thought that Bush was from the "619"?

"before say it" - WTF is going on here. Thought you never make mistakes.

Poor stalker,

A day late and a dollar short - story of your life eh?

I was sure you would pounce on that mistake - but you got beaten to the punch by someone who wasn't even posting on this topic beforehand ha ha.

Thanks for the cheap entertainment.

NM

augustashark
02-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Gah!

Bush is a Texas native is what I meant.

NM

Pawn, Bush is not from Texas! I did not miss this. First you said he went to Texas, which is wrong. Then in the very next line you say he is a native of Texas! WTF, come on dude try harder. Army baby, be all you can be!

Livinginthe past
02-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Pawn, Bush is not from Texas! I did not miss this. First you said he went to Texas, which is wrong. Then in the very next line you say he is a native of Texas! WTF, come on dude try harder. Army baby, be all you can be!

You have to wonder who is the puppet and who is the puppeteer.

You are so easily controlled - and so very predictable.

I know what you are going to post before you do :sofunny:

NM

augustashark
02-28-2006, 05:58 PM
You have to wonder who is the puppet and who is the puppeteer.

You are so easily controlled - and so very predictable.

I know what you are going to post before you do :sofunny:

NM

Your the best poster here!

Did'nt see that one coming huh!:sofunny:

atrus20
02-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Poor stalker,

A day late and a dollar short - story of your life eh?

I was sure you would pounce on that mistake - but you got beaten to the punch by someone who wasn't even posting on this topic beforehand ha ha.

Thanks for the cheap entertainment.

NM

I was just fueling the fire. Please continue this is fun. :sofunny: :popcorn:

Livinginthe past
02-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Your the best poster here!

Did'nt see that one coming huh!:sofunny:

I knew you would make at least one spelling mistake out of the 5 words in your first sentence.

Its you're not your.

At least the thought behind the muddled words was correct.

NM

Atlanta Dan
02-28-2006, 09:26 PM

NM

You appear astonished that anything stated on ESPN may not be tethered to reality :)

Livinginthe past
02-28-2006, 11:41 PM
You appear astonished that anything stated on ESPN may not be tethered to reality :)

Everyone knows that ESPN has its finger on the pulse...the pulse of what exactly, no-one knows......

NM

augustashark
03-01-2006, 12:09 AM
I knew you would make at least one spelling mistake out of the 5 words in your first sentence.

Its you're not your.

At least the thought behind the muddled words was correct.

NM

I bet my buddy that you would come back with this exact post!

YOU ARE SUCH A PAWN! :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
03-01-2006, 12:50 AM
I bet my buddy that you would come back with this exact post!

YOU ARE SUCH A PAWN! :sofunny:

Sure ya did - its always a safe bet that you will make yourself look a little slow :shake01:

NM

augustashark
03-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Sure ya did - its always a safe bet that you will make yourself look a little slow :shake01:

NM

I'm jerking my left ring finger up and down very quickly, can you feel your left arm jumping!

What a stugot you are!

Livinginthe past
03-01-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm jerking my left ring finger up and down very quickly, can you feel your left arm jumping!

What a stugot you are!

Believe me Stalker,

It comes as absolutely no surprise that your part of your hand is in rapid motion whilst typing these responses to me :sofunny:

AugustaStalkers Mom : Augusta, what on earth are you doing under them bed covers?

AugustaStalker : Im puppeteering Mom.

NM

augustashark
03-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Believe me Stalker,

It comes as absolutely no surprise that your part of your hand is in rapid motion whilst typing these responses to me :sofunny:

AugustaStalkers Mom : Augusta, what on earth are you doing under them bed covers?

AugustaStalker : Im puppeteering Mom.

NM

So, you are a D*ck? I mean, going by your response you would be under the covers.....Right? Or are you just performing fellatio! My guess is both!

Livinginthe past
03-01-2006, 06:05 PM
So, you are a D*ck? I mean, going by your response you would be under the covers.....Right? Or are you just performing fellatio! My guess is both!

Hmmm is that what your fantasy dictates?

That its me under the covers?

I have to admit to be completely unsurprised.

By the way, its physically impossible to be a d*ck and perform fellatio.

Think before you post.

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Wow, from Reggie Bush and the Texans to fellatio.

Livinginthe past
03-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Wow, from Reggie Bush and the Texans to fellatio.

Its an uncomfortable leap of subject I have to admit.

But then some people can help but bring the same subjects up in every thread.

NM

tony hipchest
03-01-2006, 06:15 PM
a "bird" in the hand is worth 2 in the "bush"

augustashark
03-01-2006, 06:15 PM
R.Bush is a native of texas! No way are they going to trade! He is a texas boy coming home back to texas!

Livinginthe past
03-01-2006, 06:17 PM
R.Bush is a native of texas! No way are they going to trade! He is a texas boy coming home back to texas!

I believe he is actually from Ca.

NM

augustashark
03-01-2006, 06:19 PM
I believe he is actually from Ca.

NM

No he is not! He is from texas! I read it earlier on this thread!

augustashark
03-01-2006, 06:30 PM

[/QUOTE]

See, I told you he is from texas! The proof is right here! Ha..

Livinginthe past
03-01-2006, 06:33 PM

See, I told you he is from texas! The proof is right here! Ha..[/QUOTE]

Hmm its not easy to see who that quote is from.

Have another go.

NM