PDA

View Full Version : Racially charged view of Ben.

zulater
09-09-2010, 06:42 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/455657-ben-roethlisberger-will-roethlisger-get-his-job-back-as-steeler-quarterback

I have consistently maintained Roethlisberger has averted consistent public attention and ridicule from the mainstream media because of his race and the current media structure. He’s not been forced to ask the tough questions regarding his two sexual-assault cases from the mainstream media because they haven’t asked.

Roethlisberger has been allowed to get all his ducks in a row since the charges were dropped against him from the March 5 incident in Milledgeville, GA where he was accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old co-ed. He’s been allowed to ease back into the graces of the public and his team without really facing the music from the mainstream like his quarterback brethren Michael Vick.

Yes, Vick was convicted of a felony for funding a gambling ring and killing dogs. He served time in prison and missed two-years of playing in the NFL.

Commissioner Roger Goodell did not think that was enough so he popped Vick with another four-game suspension on top of the two seasons he missed while in prison.

Roethlisberger was not convicted of a crime in the court of law but he brought shame to a first-class organization. His not being selected as captain of the Steelers and his suspension reflects the shame he’s brought to himself and how teammates feel about him in the locker room.

Bottom line: After four games Roethlisberger will be back under center. He will be asked about how it feels to be back on the field and what can he do to put the Steelers in the playoff hunt.

Just wait and see.

I nearly entitled this thread, A black racist weights in on Ben, but thought that might prove to be a little too inflammatory.. But it is what it is, and to me this joker's view on Ben is all about race. :blah:

btw if you think I'm a over the top in my opinion about Dexter's motives read through the comments section.There it comes through loud and clear that this is a racially motivated man that doesn't bother to familiarize himslef with the facts just so long as he can further skewer his favorite target.

steeltheone
09-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Boy, we have beaten this horse to death.....

bigj26o(scm 899)
09-09-2010, 09:17 AM
If its racially motivated, whats the reasoning here:

Rey Maualuga of Cincinnati: Drunk driving, no suspension. Shaun Rogers of Cleveland: Gun in an airport, no suspension. Vince Young of Tennessee: Videotaped fighting in a strip club, no suspension. Charges, convictions, evidence — no suspensions.

Downbylaw
09-09-2010, 09:31 AM
All 1st offenses. So everyone who violates the conduct policy should get suspended on their 1st offense? That argument is flawed because Ben was not suspended on his 1st allegation, even if he was charged he wouldnt have been suspended due to it being his 1st time. Even the judicial system is lenient in this regard. You guys are so emotionally mixed up that it pathetic. It has NOTHING to do with BEING CHARGED. It has everything to do with MAKING THE NFL LOOK BAD. Now other than Vick and Pacman, who has made the NFL look worse than Ben Roethlisberger? I'll wait.

cloppbeast
09-09-2010, 10:24 AM
There's definitely a ridiculous double standard in our society. Whether one is black, brown, tan, or red, he can say whatever racist thing he wants about white people with very little backlash. A perfect example being when Sonia Sotomayor's said she can make a better judicial decision than a white guy becaus she's "a wise latino woman". Say what you will about the context of her statement, but if a white guy who said the same thing, it realy wouldn't matter what context he said in it. The white guy wouldn't be a Supreme Court justice.

Fire Haley
09-09-2010, 10:38 AM
it comes through loud and clear that this is a racially motivated man

gee - ya think?

He's just a hack amateur attention ho who writes this crap to get noticed.

About Dexter

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/users/photos/000/340/230/018_crop_257x257.JPG

I'm a passionate freelance writer who loves sports. My work appears regularly on Examiner.com, The Huffington Post and the Black Athlete Sports Network (BASN). I also do some radio and TV. I've consistently covered the NBA, NFL, Major League Baseball, PGA and both ATP/WTA tours. I write from a vantage point that's unique. While I write about sports from a mainstream perspective I also delve into topics that some ignore such as race, gender and social issues. I demonstrate how the latter impact the Utopian world of American sport in order to ignite constructive dialogue and ignite change.

Favorite Athletes
Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, Curt Flood,

tony hipchest
09-09-2010, 10:45 AM
"FIGHT THE POWER!"

SteelKnight
09-09-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm not even going to read the article or the comments. I just jumped in to say, this is the start of our season. This is a fun time of bonding of all Steeler fans of all races, ethnicities, religions, etc. Let's come together and have run and leave racial arguing for later in the season or something.

This is like bringing up racial stuff at a wedding or something. We all won't agree so why ruin the special moment and get the board arguing.

That's my take.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-09-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm not even going to read the article or the comments. I just jumped in to say, this is the start of our season. This is a fun time of bonding of all Steeler fans of all races, ethnicities, religions, etc. Let's come together and have run and leave racial arguing for later in the season or something.

This is like bringing up racial stuff at a wedding or something. We all won't agree so why ruin the special moment and get the board arguing.

That's my take.

wells said

Downbylaw
09-09-2010, 03:56 PM

That's my take.

Here Here :tt04:

scsteeler
09-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Close this and lets move on to Football and not spend time debating what one person feels. Dexter has the right to his opinion and others have the right to agree or disagree. I say lets not give this any Wings and shut this down Quickly.

ricardisimo
09-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Without commenting one way or the other on this editorial... Why does anyone ever cite anything from bleacherreport.com? I just don't get it. Is there any way to blacklist them from SF?

Ruffneck525
09-09-2010, 04:51 PM
close this thread. I am a 36 year old black man and I disagree with the guy's view totally on this issue .

it's just his opinion and does not reflect the views of other black etc.

let's not turn this board into white steeler fans against black steeler fans like other boards have done.

Were All steeler fans...

Close this puppy up and let's get ready to smack atlanta in the mouth.

Downbylaw
09-09-2010, 05:19 PM
You guys are going to make the OP mad because his intention was to get us all riled up but it failed.