PDA

View Full Version : Retro Uni's?

mdhus
02-27-2006, 08:38 PM
What does every think about the steelers possibly wearing a retro jersey for one of their home games this season?.....Like there 1962 gold helmet w/steelers logo....or something else?

siko

83-Steelers-43
02-27-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm not one who really cares what uni's we decide to wear, but it wouldn't bother me. I pay to see them play, not what jersey they sport. If they do, cool. If they don't, no big loss for me personally. Just my two cents.

PisnNapalm
02-27-2006, 09:05 PM
The only "retro" thing I'd like them to bring back are the block type numbers on the uniforms. Leave the rest of the uniform alone please. :)

Stlrs4Life
02-27-2006, 09:36 PM
The only "retro" thing I'd like them to bring back are the block type numbers on the uniforms. Leave the rest of the uniform alone please. :)

Same here. only change I would make.

Just to wear for 1 game, I don't know, guess it wouldn't be so bad. They wore those retros that 1 season. They looked alright.

Stillers#1
02-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Same here. only change I would make.

Just to wear for 1 game, I don't know, guess it wouldn't be so bad. They wore those retros that 1 season. They looked alright.

The ones they wore for the 75th NFL ann.? Those looked terrible. I really dont think the difference in uniforms is big enough for them to make seperate uni's. That is usually done only for merchandising. I heard rumors of Gold jerseys instead of black, like the Eagles do black instead of green. I can't substansiat this though.

SteelerDan43
02-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Well we actually have quite a few different uniforms,

http://www.southernsteelfanclub.com/uniform.html

http://www.athlegraphic.com/FFP/1950s/1959.htm#

If I had to pick one I would say the 59 one but I would like to see the "Golden Triangle" of the 60 also

SteelCurtain
02-27-2006, 10:37 PM
I love their current uniform, although I would like to see the block numbers come back, but it would be cool to have them throw in a retro uniform for a game or two each season...or the gold uniform with all black pants would be cool...just for somethin different every once in awhile

SCSteeler4Life
02-28-2006, 07:30 AM
I would like to see them maybe try black pants, all black would be pretty cool, maybe come out to Back in Black! Whatta you think?

BB2W
02-28-2006, 10:07 AM
I would like to see them maybe try black pants, all black would be pretty cool, maybe come out to Back in Black! Whatta you think?
I have always wanted them to wear black pants at a nationally televised home game, but I don't think it will happen. I remember an article last season after we played the Jaguars or maybe the Ravens during a game where they wore their all black uniforms... someone asked Rooney what he thought, and if the Steelers would ever do it and he said it looked like they were wearing their pajamas. So I don't think he likes the idea...

FanecaFan66
02-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Bring back the 1933's!!!

3 to be 4
02-28-2006, 10:02 PM
why mess with perfection? I have to tell you, i may be a Patriots fan, but the Steelers have easily the best uniforms in the NFL! both road and away.

SMR
02-28-2006, 10:28 PM
The ones they wore for the 75th NFL ann.? Those looked terrible. I really dont think the difference in uniforms is big enough for them to make seperate uni's. That is usually done only for merchandising. I heard rumors of Gold jerseys instead of black, like the Eagles do black instead of green. I can't substansiat this though.Hola Steelers fans!!! I am new here. I grew up in Camp Hill, PA about 10 minutes from Harriburg, and sadly I now live in Ohio. :redface: Still, I will ALWAYS root for my babies, the STEELERS!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO! Anyway, I wanted to say that I do hope to see the Steelers try an alternate gold jersey even for just one game, it would look cool (IMO). I really like this site and again, hola amigos!