PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis jawjackin- "Ravens = Lakers"

tony hipchest
09-09-2010, 06:23 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/09/ray_lewis_on_jets_if_youre_the_miami_heat_we_got_t o_be_the_l.html

Ray Lewis on Jets: "If you’re the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers and multiple rings"

Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said he's reached the point where he's gotten tired of hearing all the hype coming from the New York Jets, the Ravens' season-opening opponent.

On Wednesday, Lewis let everyone know his true feelings about Rex Ryan and the Jets.

"I’m going to be very careful with this, we’re talking about the Jets like we’re talking about the Saints," Lewis said. "That’s the Super Bowl champs. Until they play tonight, that’s the only people that can be dethroned. Drew Brees and the Saints, not Mark Sanchez and the Jets. All of this ‘We’re the Miami Heat of football.’ If you’re the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers and multiple rings."

Lewis said the Jets' talk will only take them so far.

"The game ain’t played through tongues," he said. "The game is played when you buckle up your chin strap. So, all this pressure [Ryan] wants to put on his team, I hope they can cash the check that he writes."

Lewis was angered by the fact that Ryan took a shot at him in the most recent episode of "Hard Knocks." According to Ryan, he allowed Lewis to call some plays in a fourth preseason game when he was with the Ravens, but he said Lewis "tapped out" after a few plays. :sofunny:

"We’re not talking about whether I didn’t want to call one defense or not," Lewis said. "Coach Mark Sanchez. Coach your Jets. My name should not come out Rex’s mouth unless you’re telling somebody to come block me, which is going to be a very hard damn task come Monday night."

Lewis was asked about Jets fullback John Connor, who has been nicknamed the Terminator.

"The only Terminator I know is Arnold Schwarzenegger," Lewis said.

:popcorn: stfu Knife. win something before you go running YOUR gums.

if they wanna be like the lakers that just means the steelers ARE the all time great celtics who habitually own them.

MasterOfPuppets
09-09-2010, 06:36 PM
where the hell is ray ray getting this "multiple ring" shit from ? :sofunny:

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 08:31 AM
He has ONE and a SB MVP to boot.

Vis
09-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I see this more as an Eagles/Steely Dan rivalry.

1/28/01
09-11-2010, 08:16 PM
He was referring to getting rings...not having rings. Either way, the jets are a joke!

tony hipchest
09-11-2010, 08:20 PM
its a little bit late in the twilight of his career to start talking like that.