PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Interceptions

SteelKnight
09-09-2010, 09:16 PM
The Steelers have a very low amount of interceptions. Prior to the last game of the season, the Steelers only had 9 picks and 3 of them were by Troy.

Compare that to GB where Dom Capers 3-4 defense had 30 picks.

I wanted to get some thoughts as to why you think our picks are so low. Do you think it is that Ike and Gay just have poor hands? Do you feel it is because of the scheme we run?

I just would like to hear different opinions. Thanks.

SteelKnight
09-09-2010, 09:19 PM
I didn't want to bias the original post of the thread but I think our CBs make a difference. We play zone and man defenses (I don't know the percentages). Ike has stone hands and Gay just sucks. Either way, I'd like to hear from someone who understands defensive schemes more whose name doesn't rhyme with "clown".

DanRooney
09-09-2010, 09:20 PM
The Steelers have a very low amount of interceptions. Prior to the last game of the season, the Steelers only had 9 picks and 3 of them were by Troy.

Compare that to GB where Dom Capers 3-4 defense had 30 picks.

I wanted to get some thoughts as to why you think our picks are so low. Do you think it is that Ike and Gay just have poor hands? Do you feel it is because of the scheme we run?

I just would like to hear different opinions. Thanks.

Our cornerbacks aren't very good and Clark/TC didn't have enough speed to compensate for all of the open field.

SteelKnight
09-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Our cornerbacks aren't very good and Clark/TC didn't have enough speed to compensate for all of the open field.

I do think once Troy is there for some back up, it will allow the CBs to feel more comfortable being aggressive knowing Troy and Clark will back them. I sure hope BMac can get about 6 this year. I'd be happy if Ike gets 3.

Goat27
09-10-2010, 01:27 AM
discipline. Ike doesn't have discipline, the ball hits him in the hands and he doesn't come up with it. That will change this year with new/old faces in 2ndry. BMac9 (over Deshea and Gay ), W.Allen (over Ty Carter) a healthy Troy. also what help contributes to Picks for corners, is the break on the ball, and a pass rush.

steelrush
09-10-2010, 02:38 AM
I think that is mostly because our defensive packages, which most of the time are based on zone rather then man-to-man coverage. :hmmph:

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 06:30 AM
I think that is mostly because our defensive packages, which most of the time are based on zone rather then man-to-man coverage. :hmmph:

Somebody else was saying this in a rude way. Please explain more.

Did Dom Capers come from the Lebeau Coaching tree? I know he came from the Steelers 3-4 Coaching tree with others like Haslett so you would think there would be some overlap in scheme.

We've heard of Lebeau's zone blitz but sometimes wen you are watching, you do see some man. I wonder what the percentages are of zone vs man.

steeltheone
09-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Don't forget the lack of pass rush. Other than our outside backers it was nonexistent.....Will Allen couldnt make half the rosters in the NFL.

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Don't forget the lack of pass rush. Other than our outside backers it was nonexistent.....Will Allen couldnt make half the rosters in the NFL.

Someone was basically telling me I'm an idiot for mentioning the CBs and that GB CBs (secondary ad 30 picks last year compared to our 12) could not play well in our defense. IDK if that's true. Maybe they'd be fine AND have more picks.

I think the lack of Troy also contributed in addition to the poor INT abilities of the CBs. It can't be all scheme because in 2008 we were 6th in the league wit 20 INTs...not the 30 of the Packers this past year but a lot better than 12. The top that year was 26 (Ravens).

In 2007, even though we were 3rd in pass D, we were dead last in INTs with 11.

steeltheone
09-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Not sure about the Troy theory...Yes he disrupts plays but other backers have morecoverage responsibilities when he is out and about.

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Not sure about the Troy theory...Yes he disrupts plays but other backers have morecoverage responsibilities when he is out and about.

In the 5 games he played (and the other Cleveland game)...6 games total, they got half of the teams turnovers and 7 of the 12 picks.

My guess is that Ryan Clark is more available to back up the CBs because he doesn't have to assume Troy's responsibilities. With that help (which includes Troy...he is often in the mix), the CB can be more agressive.

But maybe not...Ike just has stone hands. If I were the coach, I would have had him working on the JUGG and doing some reps with the receivers during camp. I heard one time but I would have had it the whole camp.

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Troy is a STRONG SAFTEY, SS help in run support. Ryan Clark is the Free Saftey he is in charge of being the deepest of the deep. In lebeaus scheme (even check when he was coordinator for the Bengals- remember how Montana sliced through that ZONE to win the SB?) There is little man coverage. We play a cover 2, Cover 3 and Cover 2 Man the most. Cover 2 man is the zone where you see farrior manned up on a back and getting beat badly. Timmons should be in that position. Cover 2 Man, everyone is in man with two safties playing deep halves of the field. This is the defense we were in when Fitzgerald took that pass to the house in SB 43. Ike fell, Fitz split the safeties and the rest was history. The reason why Polamalu generally leads us in picks is because he roams alot. He reads the qbs eyes, breaks on the ball and he is on his way. He also has subperb ball skills and wathes a lot of film, so he keys on tendancies. Again, the lack of picks is due to the scheme. You cant say that Gay sucks because he doesnt have picks. By that logic then Aaron Smith sucks becuase he doesnt get a lot of sacks. We all know tha Aaron is a beast. But again, he doesnt get a lot of sacks due to the scheme. The scheme is designed for the Lbs to get the sacks and the NT (Casey) and the ends are VITAL to that happening. Lastly, it is common knowledge that a corner that has a lot of picks means one thing, that he is being picked on. High picks does not mean that individual is the best corner. Several corners had more picks than Reavis so does that mean they are better? No, only a fool or an ignoramous thinks that. Good corners dont get picked on so they have less opportunities to get picks. Suspect corners get a lot of opportunities because they arent very good. Int stats are misleading in Lebeaus scheme. His scheme is predicated on getting pressure on the qb and the ints will come as a result of deflections and or a confused quarterback but not as a result of a DB breaking on the ball because in the schem they are too far off the ball and have a lot of ground to cover. The only time that will change is in goaline.

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 08:09 AM
I didn't want to bias the original post of the thread but I think our CBs make a difference. We play zone and man defenses (I don't know the percentages). Ike has stone hands and Gay just sucks. Either way, I'd like to hear from someone who understands defensive schemes more whose name doesn't rhyme with "clown".

Thats fine Steel Kite. Lets see if you get a more comprehensive analysis

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 08:16 AM
You cant say that Gay sucks because he doesnt have picks. .

And with that quote, I'm no longer reading your posts. You do this all the time. You use faulty logic, draw incorrect conclusions leading to arguments while the person is defending himself.

I never said Gay sucks because he doesn't have picks. He sucks because he kept getting beat and in addition to getting beat he can't get the picks. Most people that suck also can't get the picks (I know it is possible to have a risk taker who gets a bunch of picks by jumping routes but then gets beat often but most that suck in coverage also suck in picks).

Again, I'm done reading your posts because you always misunderstand what someone is saying and lead tings into wasteful arguments.

And for the record, I am on record saying over and over that Ike is one of the better CBs in the lead and that he just has bad hands so why would I ever say Gay sucks BECAUSE he has no picks.

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 08:20 AM
And with that quote, I'm no longer reading your posts. You do this all the time. You use faulty logic, draw incorrect conclusions leading to arguments while the person is defending himself.

I never said Gay sucks because he doesn't have picks. He sucks because he kept getting beat and in addition to getting beat he can't get the picks. Most people that suck also can't get the picks (I know it is possible to have a risk taker who gets a bunch of picks by jumping routes but then gets beat often but most that suck in coverage also suck in picks).

Again, I'm done reading your posts because you always misunderstand what someone is saying and lead tings into wasteful arguments.

So by that Logic then Polamalu sucks too right? Polamalu got beat like a drum as a YOUNG Db (like Gay is). Sorry you dont JUMP ROUTES in a zone. You are showing your ignorance lol. In a zone you guard an area and if you jumped the routes you would vacate your area and the qb would burn you repeatedly. You KEEP saying you are done but yet........here you are. SIGH

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Thats fine Steel Kite. Lets see if you get a more comprehensive analysis

To be honest, you are abrasive because you have no tact, can come off as condescending, jump to incorrect conclusions and use faulty logic sometimes. Usually the faulty logic is what leads you to your assumptions/incorrect conclusions then you do better after that...but it becomes annoying.

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 08:31 AM
So by that Logic then Polamalu sucks too right? Polamalu got beat like a drum as a YOUNG Db (like Gay is). Sorry you dont JUMP ROUTES in a zone. You are showing your ignorance lol. In a zone you guard an area and if you jumped the routes you would vacate your area and the qb would burn you repeatedly. You KEEP saying you are done but yet........here you are. SIGH

Here we go, a perfect example...you foolishly assumed that when I was talking about corner back skills that I was talking about zone coverage. You also foolishly assumed I don't know what a zone is. You also compared 2 different positions (maybe troy wouldn't be a top cover corner but I refuse to go off on a needless tangent).

It's what you do...make foolish assumptions and draw incorrect conclusions with faulty logic.

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 08:47 AM
To be honest, you are abrasive because you have no tact, can come off as condescending, jump to incorrect conclusions and use faulty logic sometimes. Usually the faulty logic is what leads you to your assumptions/incorrect conclusions then you do better after that...but it becomes annoying.

I thought you were done talking to me? You are right, when I told you "I like engaging in dialogue with you you are one of the brighter posters here"
I agree with you, I used faulty logic when I posted that. My bad.

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Here we go, a perfect example...you foolishly assumed that when I was talking about corner back skills that I was talking about zone coverage. You also foolishly assumed I don't know what a zone is. You also compared 2 different positions (maybe troy wouldn't be a top cover corner but I refuse to go off on a needless tangent).

It's what you do...make foolish assumptions and draw incorrect conclusions with faulty logic.

My conclussions are accurate. You are showing your ignorance in schemes every time you post. Dont get offended. To be ignorant just means you dont know. No crime. Your way of covering up your ignorance is to try to play the victim role and act like I'm attacking you. No sir, just trying to coach you up.

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 08:57 AM
I thought you were done talking to me? You are right, when I told you "I like engaging in dialogue with you you are one of the brighter posters here"
I agree with you, I used faulty logic when I posted that. My bad.

I'm trying to be done. I could almost stand the abrasive style if you didn't jump to so many incorrect conclusions. You seem nice often so it is nothing personal but I don't feel like wasting time untangling incorrect conclusions yet I struggle to not respond.

Once I figure out the ignore/block feature I'll be fine.

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 08:59 AM
My conclussions are accurate. You are showing your ignorance in schemes every time you post. Dont get offended. To be ignorant just means you dont know. No crime. Your way of covering up your ignorance is to try to play the victim role and act like I'm attacking you. No sir, just trying to coach you up.

Am I being punk'd?

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm trying to be done. I could almost stand the abrasive style if you didn't jump to so many incorrect conclusions. You seem nice often so it is nothing personal but I don't feel like wasting time untangling incorrect conclusions yet I struggle to not respond.

Once I figure out the ignore/block feature I'll be fine.

Its a message board dude. Relax. I get attacked by the WHOLE site but do you see me whinning? People have differing opinions and so what? Also, misunderstandings are human nature, it happens, thats why good communication is vital in our society. If you have never made an incorrect conclussion then you would be God. Some perspective.

The more man you run, the more chances at picks. The more zone, those chances decrease. The 1980s Raides manned up 90% of the time. Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes were two of the best all time. In my opinion Haynes is a top 5 corners of all time.

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Am I being punk'd?

Not at all bro

lionslicer
09-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Since LeBeau has been D-Coord Steelers the interceptions the team gets goes up and down. Some years we have had a lot, like 20 (never gone over) and other years we've had little. We had 11 total inteceptions in 2007, but we still had number 1 defense.
LeBeau's defense is a zone coverage, meaning generally the corners aren't one on one with recievers, that's why if you look at Steeler stats, Linebackers have more interceptions than cornerbacks. Also Ike Taylor is usually is very good at covering, but he can't catch a ball if his life depended on it. Many sportscasters say he would lead the NFL in interceptions if he learned to catch.

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Since LeBeau has been D-Coord Steelers the interceptions the team gets goes up and down. Some years we have had a lot, like 20 (never gone over) and other years we've had little. We had 11 total inteceptions in 2007, but we still had number 1 defense.
LeBeau's defense is a zone coverage, meaning generally the corners aren't one on one with recievers, that's why if you look at Steeler stats, Linebackers have more interceptions than cornerbacks. Also Ike Taylor is usually is very good at covering, but he can't catch a ball if his life depended on it. Many sportscasters say he would lead the NFL in interceptions if he learned to catch.

I believe Ikes problem is concentration. He looked that int into his hands in SB 40, he needs to do that more often.

Agree 100%. Good post bro.

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-10-2010, 03:07 PM
So by that Logic then Polamalu sucks too right? Polamalu got beat like a drum as a YOUNG Db (like Gay is).

No, no, no, and......no. Polamalu NEVER got burned like Gay did last year. Polamalu's struggles with coverage back in 2003 and 2004 when he was first drafted, stemmed more from his unfamiliarity with our defensive scheme, and he was playing on pure athleticism alone. More often than not, he was out of place to make the play and had to cover more ground as a reslt of it. Now, Polamalu knows our scheme, so everything is second nature for him, and he is able to react better and place himself where the ball is going.

Gay's problem is that he sucks in coverage, so they had him play a 15 yard cushion off of every coverage assignment he drew. The gameplan tried to compensate for his suckiness, but could not account for all of it.

Sorry you dont JUMP ROUTES in a zone. You are showing your ignorance lol.

No shit, Sherlock. He never said you do....why do you always misconstrue what everyone is trying to say and then attack your own vacuous misconceptions (followed by patting yourself on the back like you did something)?

Sorry to seem like a stalker, but unfortunately, every thread I go to I find you there ruining the thread, insulting other posters, and generally just being a condescending DICK.

I am not one to go running for the teacher to tattle, but I really do hope you get banned from this website...AGAIN. You offer nothing that is the least bit constructive to ANY thread, you argue with everyone even when they are basically agreeing with your stupid viewpoints, you always act like you are the only one who watches football around here, and basically, nobody around here likes you at all, nobody respects you, so I am not sure why you continue to post here....

In a zone you guard an area and if you jumped the routes you would vacate your area and the qb would burn you repeatedly. You KEEP saying you are done but yet........here you are. SIGH

I am not done, I am just getting started with you.

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-10-2010, 03:19 PM
And it isn't even that you are WRONG, per se, in your posts-- I actually agree with most of your points (except all of your irrational dislike for Big Ben), but your DELIVERY STINKS.

You are argumentative and coarse to other members. You often disagree with people, even when they are basically concurring with you-- you just want to be able to express things your way, at the expense of trying to shut everyone else on the message board down. In short, I think you are like a trial attorney and just like to hear yourself talk. Narcissistic and egotistical....

MasterOfPuppets
09-10-2010, 03:30 PM
:nono: ...no "gang tackling" ..........................:sofunny:

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 03:41 PM
:nono: ...no "gang tackling" ..........................:sofunny:

Ray Ray wouldn't like you...lol

Anyway I should be good since I used ignore. I'm sure he is a nice guy in real life. I have no goal of trying to ruin his rep. I think I respond because I'm always afraid people are going to read his post and think I am saying what he said I am saying. lol I waste too much time clarifying but now I won't ave to worry. Peace to both of us.

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Ray Ray wouldn't like you...lol

Anyway I should be good since I used ignore. I'm sure he is a nice guy in real life. I have no goal of trying to ruin his rep. I think I respond because I'm always afraid people are going to read his post and think I am saying what he said I am saying. lol I waste too much time clarifying but now I won't ave to worry. Peace to both of us.

Don't back down, dude. You don't have to do that....

I know why you keep responding, as well as everyone else who reads this thread-- it is extremely annoying to come on this forum with the best of intentions, only to be constantly contradicted, rebuffed, and corrected by some condescending prick with an ego problem....

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 05:27 PM
And it isn't even that you are WRONG, per se, in your posts-- I actually agree with most of your points (except all of your irrational dislike for Big Ben), but your DELIVERY STINKS.

You are argumentative and coarse to other members. You often disagree with people, even when they are basically concurring with you-- you just want to be able to express things your way, at the expense of trying to shut everyone else on the message board down. In short, I think you are like a trial attorney and just like to hear yourself talk. Narcissistic and egotistical....

That sounds like YOU not me. See your earlier post to me for evidence.

sbbound
09-10-2010, 05:29 PM
How can you even begin to compare Troy to Gay? Gays lack of interceptions last year were partially scheme, injury, and a result of him just not being any good. Theres a reason the front office jumped to get B-Mac back in uniform the way they did this year. The guy consistently missed tackle after tackle, not that has anything to do with INTs but it goes along with him not being any good last year. I cant count how many times they were in cover two and Gay was playing the short zone on the sidelines and there would be a screen, short out, dump off to his side and he would 9 times out of 10 miss his 1v1 tackle and let a potential stick tackle get turned into a 10 yard gain. One thing troy always displayed even during his learning curve was a distinct athletic ability to make plays. Gay not so much. But regarding the original topic something that led to the Steelers drop off in INTs last year was a down year for Harrison. When both he and woodley are creating havoc in the backfield and collapsing the pocket the INTs skyrocket. Hopefully we bear witness to that this year.

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 05:37 PM
No, no, no, and......no. Polamalu NEVER got burned like Gay did last year. Polamalu's struggles with coverage back in 2003 and 2004 when he was first drafted, stemmed more from his unfamiliarity with our defensive scheme, and he was playing on pure athleticism alone. More often than not, he was out of place to make the play and had to cover more ground as a reslt of it. Now, Polamalu knows our scheme, so everything is second nature for him, and he is able to react better and place himself where the ball is going.

Gay's problem is that he sucks in coverage, so they had him play a 15 yard cushion off of every coverage assignment he drew. The gameplan tried to compensate for his suckiness, but could not account for all of it.

I know Polamalue didnt get burned like Gay, he got burned WORSE. Troy is a safety and he would bite on pump fakes oftern. He got double moved to death. Gay got beat for 1st downs but Troy got beat for TDs. His rookie year was bad. If you need a visual think of Anthony Smith after he mouthed off about the Pats in 07 and what resulted after that. Gay played WELL as a rookie. So well that they let Bmac go to zona without a fight. He had a sophomore jinx. It happens. It seems as if he had a good camp. We will see. I would rather a corner get beat in our scheme than a safety lol.
The 15 yard cushion you see is a cover 3. Its the scheme. We have used it as long as Lebeau has been our coordinator. So that means that Ike, Chad Scott, Dwayne Wash, Figures, Willie Williams, Woodson etc have all been 13 yards off the ball. Again, its the scheme and not an indication of one sucking lol

No shit, Sherlock. He never said you do....why do you always misconstrue what everyone is trying to say and then attack your own vacuous misconceptions (followed by patting yourself on the back like you did something)?

Sorry to seem like a stalker, but unfortunately, every thread I go to I find you there ruining the thread, insulting other posters, and generally just being a condescending DICK.

I am not one to go running for the teacher to tattle, but I really do hope you get banned from this website...AGAIN. You offer nothing that is the least bit constructive to ANY thread, you argue with everyone even when they are basically agreeing with your stupid viewpoints, you always act like you are the only one who watches football around here, and basically, nobody around here likes you at all, nobody respects you, so I am not sure why you continue to post here....

"Nobody likes you" You sound like a little kid. I dont insult people, not my style. I see it is yours though. I think you are the typical HATER, that is just mad because I have football knowledge. Bobby Mcferrin had a song that applies here. "Dont worry Be Happy". I'm not sure why you post here either all you do is butt in mens business and insult people. I hope you get banned AGAIN.

I am not done, I am just getting started with you.

Sounds good to me buddy.

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Don't back down, dude. You don't have to do that....

I know why you keep responding, as well as everyone else who reads this thread-- it is extremely annoying to come on this forum with the best of intentions, only to be constantly contradicted, rebuffed, and corrected by some condescending prick with an ego problem....

So let me get this right. You can correct, rebuff and contradict me but I cant to you is that how it works?

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 05:43 PM
But regarding the original topic something that led to the Steelers drop off in INTs last year was a down year for Harrison. When both he and woodley are creating havoc in the backfield and collapsing the pocket the INTs skyrocket. Hopefully we bear witness to that this year.

I noticed this but I figured Harrison's year was a little off because of the poor secondary play. If he had that extra second, he could probably work a few sack-fumbles. If the QB gets rid of the ball before he gets there because the players are open and the pass D is 25th** without Troy (compared to first with Troy the year before), that makes a difference.

** To be fair, my analysis was the Troy games PLUS the other Cleveland game (where the wind was like Troy helping...lol).

billybob49
09-10-2010, 05:46 PM
I think our defense is fine.We did slip from #1 overall to # 5 i think last season.Blame it on whatever you like,injuries,dropped oppurtunities at an interception,aging personel,we did not have a high sack count either.Lebeau likes to create turnovers by pressuring the QB.We did not have the best of pressure last season.When the pressure rises,i believe the interception count will rise also.

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Agreed. As the defensive players have admitted, It take a lot of energy to play in Lebeaus scheme.

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 06:07 PM
I think our defense is fine.We did slip from #1 overall to # 5 i think last season.Blame it on whatever you like,injuries,dropped oppurtunities at an interception,aging personel,we did not have a high sack count either.Lebeau likes to create turnovers by pressuring the QB.We did not have the best of pressure last season.When the pressure rises,i believe the interception count will rise also.

If we could get 20 like we got the year before or 30 like the packers, that would help the offense tremendously. Some of them will be with short fields with automatic points.

The pass defense without Troy (plus the other Cleveland game where the wind was like Troy) would have been ranked 25th and in that same instance, the Defense ranks 15th. It was like a tale of two Ds last year. Basically Troy went 4-0 and without Troy 5-7. The one game that Troy played in and lost, he came out in the first quarter so that's not against him. Had he been there, maybe they would not have choked the lead at the end (Bengals game).

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 06:10 PM
I like Timmons but he has to step it up this year because although Revis was picked right before us, we could have had Leon Hall (5 INTs in '07 only starting 10 games, 6 INTs last year).

I wonder if they didn't do Ike's contract ahead of time to encourage him to get more picks. It's a gamble because if he does, we might not be able to afford him.

I wish each CB could get 5 INTs and Troy could get 6 and Clark could get 4. That's 20.

I really wish we could have gotten Asante Samuel. his 9 picks would have helped last year. The Steelers need to be aggressive once in a while.

billybob49
09-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Timmons will be fine,we had a down year for a myriad of reasons.It was a big let down for all of us.Now comes a new dawn.The dawn will break this Sunday at 1:00 pm. I hope it's a lights out event too.

SteelKnight
09-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Timmons will be fine,we had a down year for a myriad of reasons.It was a big let down for all of us.Now comes a new dawn.The dawn will break this Sunday at 1:00 pm. I hope it's a lights out event too.

I'm excited. I know Timmons will be OK. I'm just saying in my mind, I'll always compare his value to Leon hall since we passed up Hall to take him.

Jon Beason has been good also if they had intentions on inside LB. He has to step up. I know they really never had intentions of inside until they got Woodley in the second round. If they didn't get Woodley, they would have trained him to be an OLB.

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Leon Hall is average. Timmons is a star in the making. In 5 years hall will be a FS. Timmons has just had the misfortune of injuries. Once healty he will be like Kendrell Bell was for us before he got the injury bug.

SH-Rock
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
In the next 2-3 years the steelers will have to find another safety and Polamalu will have to show him the way

SteelKnight
09-12-2010, 12:36 AM
In the next 2-3 years the steelers will have to find another safety and Polamalu will have to show him the way

Troy has set a ridiculous standard and level of dependency. We'll have to get lucky. I don' t think what troy does can be taught. Lebeau says he lets him go free often.

CLStan7
09-12-2010, 02:30 AM
our corners are terrible....if we do bad this year, i pray to god that we draft CB Patrick Peterson from LSU, i think its time our CB gets blessed with some talent

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/200/MV/MVCYTEIIAJTTGZI.20100609193524.jpg

#7 Patrick Peterson
Position: Cornerback
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 222 lbs.
Class: Junior
Experience: 2 Letters
City/State: Pompano Beach, Fla.
High School: Ely HS
Major: General Studies

MikeHaullace
09-12-2010, 03:20 AM
our corners are terrible....if we do bad this year, i pray to god that we draft CB Patrick Peterson from LSU, i think its time our CB gets blessed with some talent

Really?

I mean... I really think we're pretty much alright in the starting role.

Now, if you're referring to further down the depth chart, I think I'd probably be on board wid it a lil more just coz Gay be der. I'm coo wit Madison cuz he's a 'Bama boy. Def not starting material tho. Def would take 'em over Gay.

MikeHaullace
09-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Once healty he will be like Kendrell Bell was for us before he got the injury bug.

hi.

i'm devil's advocate.

just here to remind you that he could also possibly become another kendrell bell that just didn't work out because he couldn't get back on the field.

carry on.

Downbylaw
09-12-2010, 09:32 AM
hi.

i'm devil's advocate.

just here to remind you that he could also possibly become another kendrell bell that just didn't work out because he couldn't get back on the field.

carry on.
Who plans to get injured? Injuries are an unfortunate part of the game. Kendrell Bell fell victim to them just like Gayle Sayers did. Oh by the way Gale is in the Hall of Fame DESPITE his injuries as will Timmons.