PDA

View Full Version : falcon fan here

freebird587
09-10-2010, 09:20 AM
i come in peace,and just wanted to check out your boards since a few of your guys came to ours,and it was refreshing to talk to fans that loved football and didnt go there to troll and talk trash like alot of fans do...ive always liked,and admired the steelers,so ill show up from time to time to cheer you on except for this sunday...:drink:

Downbylaw
09-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey bro!. I wont say good luck to you on Sunday but I will say may the better team win. I think that team is the home team. I realize you dont and thats fine. Love diehard fans. Nice young qb you have in ATL, I predict he will be the next Peyton Manning in terms of knowledge, reads, preparation and awareness. Bright future ahead of him.

tony hipchest
09-10-2010, 09:53 AM
many are picking the falcons to take the division away from the saints this year. recent history since the bucs SB says the winner of the NFC South never finishes better than 3rd the following year.

Good luck with that. The saints will be hard to knock off.

steelax04
09-10-2010, 09:54 AM
I can't see ATL doing it this year, but they have a very strong and bright future over the next 2-3 seasons.

BlackAndGold4Ever
09-10-2010, 10:05 AM
It should be a good one. The Steeler D will have their hands full with Matt Ryan and Turner but I think we have a good shot if the aforementioned defense does their job

Fire Arians
09-10-2010, 10:38 AM
welcome :)

stb_steeler
09-10-2010, 02:34 PM
i come in peace,and just wanted to check out your boards since a few of your guys came to ours,and it was refreshing to talk to fans that loved football and didnt go there to troll and talk trash like alot of fans do...ive always liked,and admired the steelers,so ill show up from time to time to cheer you on except for this sunday...:drink:

Welcome any time.....guess we'll have lots to talk about after sundays game. :thumbsup:

atljbo1
09-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm also a Falcons fan... I think this is going to be a real good game.

ricardisimo
09-10-2010, 04:17 PM
I still can't believe the turnaround down there since the Vick debacle. I thought the Falcons wouldn't win another game in several years, and then BOOM! Pretty amazing what they've done.

MasterOfPuppets
09-10-2010, 04:21 PM
I still can't believe the turnaround down there since the Vick debacle. I thought the Falcons wouldn't win another game in several years, and then BOOM! Pretty amazing what they've done.
Vick's scumbagness was the best thing that ever happend to the falcons...otherwise they'd still be stuck with him.

DanRooney
09-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey bro!. I wont say good luck to you on Sunday but I will say may the better team win. I think that team is the home team. I realize you dont and thats fine. Love diehard fans. Nice young qb you have in ATL, I predict he will be the next Peyton Manning in terms of knowledge, reads, preparation and awareness. Bright future ahead of him.

Hardly. Ryan actually reminds me more of Roethlisberger in his early years than any other quarterback. He came out of B.C. with a similar skillset in buying time outside the pocket. I believe Kiper even had film comparing the two just before his was drafted.

Aaron Rodgers is the next all-time great. He's got every single great ingredient mixed into one quarterback. He can dissect defenses like Manning, spreads the ball around like Brees, buy time outside the pocket like Ben, and can run when he needs to.

MasterOfPuppets
09-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Hardly. Ryan actually reminds me more of Roethlisberger in his early years than any other quarterback. He came out of B.C. with a similar skillset in buying time outside the pocket. I believe Kiper even had film comparing the two just before his was drafted.

Aaron Rodgers is the next all-time great. He's got every single great ingredient mixed into one quarterback. He can dissect defenses like Manning, spreads the ball around like Brees, buy time outside the pocket like Ben, and can run when he needs to.
and throws picks like favre when the game is on the line ....:thumbsup:

Atlanta Dan
09-10-2010, 05:22 PM
and throws picks like favre when the game is on the line ....:thumbsup:

and lost several years off his career while the Favre circus would not depart from Green Bay until after 2007

atljbo1
09-10-2010, 05:26 PM

Yea .. It wasnt looking good down here when the Vick thing was going down....

The Matt Ryan and Michael Turner additions were good... Turner brought a guy that can pound the ball and have deceptive speed.

The reason why the Matt Ryan signing was so HUGE because dude makes us (fans and team mates) feel like we can compete with any team at any time.

I honestly feel like our biggest signing was our GM Thomas Dimitroff... Dude brought that Patriots element... I cant remember the last time we have had so much young talent on Defense.

Everybody pay attention to John Abraham because he is a top pass rusher in this league but our other young DE's Kroy Biermann and Lawrence Sidbury has looked great..

Hines Ward recently said this about Kroy Biermann

No. 71, (Kroy Biermann) he is beast. Just watching him on film, his motor doesn’t stop. He’s constantly getting pressure on the quarterback. He’s a force in the run game.

atljbo1
09-10-2010, 05:34 PM

I disagree.... Most compare Ryan to Tom Brady.... Brady's past team mates (Lawyer Milloy and Rodney Harrison) compare Ryan to Brady.....

Not only football skills wiser but because Matt Ryan stays 24/7 in the film room... Dude is a student of the game to the fullest.

I love some Aaron Rogers (my 2nd fav QB behind Ryan) ... Dude is a monster.... I think Matt Ryan will be also... They are ion 2 different schemes so you cant look at the numbers... The falcons are a run first team... Rogers is a pass first team.

Before Ryans injury (missed 3 games) .. He was on pace to have 30 TD passes

Goat27
09-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Mike Jenkins is out, welcome to our board...

StainlessStill
09-10-2010, 05:53 PM

Welcome dude! I'm sure you recognize my name haha. Glad to have you here, it's been fun talking civilized football over the days. I think we're all chomping at the bits for Sunday to arrive. Most aren't giving the Steelers our worth. That could be a mistake.:helmet:

atljbo1
09-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Mike Jenkins is out, welcome to our board...

yup... We will need Harry Douglas to step up

BsUrj-Z7b3w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsUrj-Z7b3w

steel striker
09-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Welcome aboard it should be a good game .

SteelCityMom
09-11-2010, 10:18 AM
A little delayed on my part, but welcome to the boards! I don't get to watch a lot of Falcons games, so your input on the Atlanta side of the game is appreciated.

One more day...I'm excited!

Downbylaw
09-11-2010, 10:56 AM

I have never heard anyone compare Ryan to Ben. Its possible but I have never heard that. Ryan is known for being cerebral. He had a grasp on the whole playbook in OTA's after being drafted. Hes game is predicated on smarts ala Manning. Aaron Rodgers is great now.

Downbylaw
09-11-2010, 11:00 AM
I disagree.... Most compare Ryan to Tom Brady.... Brady's past team mates (Lawyer Milloy and Rodney Harrison) compare Ryan to Brady.....

Not only football skills wiser but because Matt Ryan stays 24/7 in the film room... Dude is a student of the game to the fullest.

I love some Aaron Rogers (my 2nd fav QB behind Ryan) ... Dude is a monster.... I think Matt Ryan will be also... They are ion 2 different schemes so you cant look at the numbers... The falcons are a run first team... Rogers is a pass first team.

Before Ryans injury (missed 3 games) .. He was on pace to have 30 TD passes

I can agree with that too. You see what I see in the kid. Very impressive in terms of his pre snap reads, his hot routing and how quickly he processes the information and gets the ball out.

StainlessStill
09-11-2010, 11:13 AM
I have never heard anyone compare Ryan to Ben. Its possible but I have never heard that. Ryan is known for being cerebral. He had a grasp on the whole playbook in OTA's after being drafted. Hes game is predicated on smarts ala Manning. Aaron Rodgers is great now.

I agree with this. This was the first thread that I've heard ANY comparison about Ryan/Ben. Hell, I don't see one correlation in both of their games to even make a simple comparison. Ryan sure does have the stature and ability ala Tom Brady with a quick release and understands where he's going with the ball before the ball is being snapped. He even has the body type and mechanics that Brady has, which is sharp and holds a strong body posture.

Judging by when I've seen, I think as these young guys progress, I see alot of Matt Ryan in Sam Bradford as well. But without a shadow of a doubt and I've said it time and time again, is that I think it'll be Aaron Rodgers will lead this group into the next generation of STUD and elite QB's. This dude is nothing but MONEY.

atljbo1
09-11-2010, 11:32 AM
I agree with this. This was the first thread that I've heard ANY comparison about Ryan/Ben. Hell, I don't see one correlation in both of their games to even make a simple comparison. Ryan sure does have the stature and ability ala Tom Brady with a quick release and understands where he's going with the ball before the ball is being snapped. He even has the body type and mechanics that Brady has, which is sharp and holds a strong body posture.

Judging by when I've seen, I think as these young guys progress, I see alot of Matt Ryan in Sam Bradford as well. But without a shadow of a doubt and I've said it time and time again, is that I think it'll be Aaron Rodgers will lead this group into the next generation of STUD and elite QB's. This dude is nothing but MONEY.

Besides Matt Ryan... Aaron Rodgers and Philip Rivers are my fav QB's...Those 2 dudes are money.

But yea... 1 more day....

scsteeler
09-11-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm also a Falcons fan... I think this is going to be a real good game.

Yes it should be a great game. I am so ready for Sunday I can't wait.

Fire Haley
09-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Welcome dude! I'm sure you recognize my name haha.

I saw you over there too, acting all respectable, you and TMC together in the same thread, it's like old home week.

wait till they see you when you're drunk

I used to go to rival boards, but they all smell funny + I always get kicked out because I'm a dick.

Run Dixon Run!

Fire Arians
09-11-2010, 01:36 PM
just a question is dunta robinson as good as the falcons fans say he is? he's the 3rd highest paid corner in the league but it looks like statistically speaking at least, he's been crap other than his rookie season. it seems like his hype is almost merely behind a good rookie season and being the 10th pick. he's 28 though so he's not going to get any better

just saying dudes got a lot of hype for not making the pro bowl even once in his career

atljbo1
09-11-2010, 01:50 PM
just a question is dunta robinson as good as the falcons fans say he is? he's the 3rd highest paid corner in the league but it looks like statistically speaking at least, he's been crap other than his rookie season. it seems like his hype is almost merely behind a good rookie season and being the 10th pick. he's 28 though so he's not going to get any better

just saying dudes got a lot of hype for not making the pro bowl even once in his career

His contract is very disceptive.... Its basically a 4 year deal..... He gets paid a boat load of money this year (uncapped year) but the next 3 years are not to high.

cap numbers of: $12 million (2010); $6.5 million (2011); $7.75 million (2012); $8.75 million (next 2 years are optional $10.75 million (2014); and $11.25 million (2015).

Now to answer your question... I think he is worth it... The guy shadowed #1 WR's... Hearing what he team mates are saying right now.. He is worth it. We wont really know until we this season gets started.

Fire Arians
09-11-2010, 01:52 PM
His contract is very disceptive.... Its basically a 4 year deal..... He gets paid a boat load of money this year (uncapped year) but the next 3 years are not to high.

cap numbers of: $12 million (2010); $6.5 million (2011); $7.75 million (2012); $8.75 million (next 2 years are optional $10.75 million (2014); and $11.25 million (2015).

Now to answer your question... I think he is worth it... The guy shadowed #1 WR's... Hearing what he team mates are saying right now.. He is worth it. We wont really know until we this season gets started.

that sounds like a lot of money to me lol. but hmm yah could be one of those good corners that just don't put up stats, like ike taylor.

lionslicer
09-11-2010, 02:00 PM
that sounds like a lot of money to me lol. but hmm yah could be one of those good corners that just don't put up stats, like ike taylor.

Great corners will have very low stats because they cover so well the ball is never thrown near the reciever lol.
Charles woodson has gone a few (4-5) years with only 1 interception, he actually made first team all pro one year with just 1 interception.
Ronde Barber has multiple years with just 2 interceptions. 6 years
They both have averaged about 15 pass deflections a year, thats below average for any cornerback, but they constantly go to pro bowls and are called the best cornerbacks to play the game.

atljbo1
09-11-2010, 02:04 PM

The thing is... I would be disappointed if Dunta doesnt atleast have 4 ints this year... Our scheme allows CB's to make plays on the ball zone and man with safety help up top) instead of the Texans mainly man coverage (back towards the QB)

Falcons players has said that he has been making plays on the ball in practice but we will see tomorrow.

Fire Arians
09-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Great corners will have very low stats because they cover so well the ball is never thrown near the reciever lol.
Charles woodson has gone a few (4-5) years with only 1 interception, he actually made first team all pro one year with just 1 interception.
Ronde Barber has multiple years with just 2 interceptions. 6 years
They both have averaged about 15 pass deflections a year, thats below average for any cornerback, but they constantly go to pro bowls and are called the best cornerbacks to play the game.

depends, there's some great cornerbacks with a lot of INT's under their belt, like rod woodson and deion sanders lol. then again they were better than great, they were prolly among the best ever

but yeah I see your point. Just was asking about the guy because I've never heard his name until a couple weeks ago.

tony hipchest
09-12-2010, 04:13 PM
thanks for dropping by, falconfans. your team played a hell of a game, and hopefully you now know why we feel troy polamalu is the best in the game.

feel free to keep joining us, especially the week we stomp the saints heads in (i notice several saits joined just to root against you so return the favor).

good luck with the rest of the season. :cheers: :tt02: