PDA

View Full Version : Giants release 2 Former Steelers

TasmanianTroy271
02-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Today the Giants released former PS center Joe Iorio and former starting FS Brent Alexander. Rumor is that Alexander is retiring after 12 years in the NFL. He started as an undrafted rookie FA with the Cardinals, and played with the Panthers, Steelers, and Giants. He always did decent for us, getting no less than 70 tackles, 1 sack, and 3 interceptions each year he was with us. I was going to say that he could come back as a Willie Williams if we do lose Hope, but I wish him the best of luck in retirement.

MAN-O-STEEL
03-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Today the Giants released former PS center Joe Iorio and former starting FS Brent Alexander. Rumor is that Alexander is retiring after 12 years in the NFL. He started as an undrafted rookie FA with the Cardinals, and played with the Panthers, Steelers, and Giants. He always did decent for us, getting no less than 70 tackles, 1 sack, and 3 interceptions each year he was with us. I was going to say that he could come back as a Willie Williams if we do lose Hope, but I wish him the best of luck in retirement.
Considering Coughlan has six more ex-steelers on his roster i'm sure his fingers will be in the Steelers free agency pockets. he takes ex-Steelers everywhere he goes. look at his roster when he was with JAX and now withe giants. he can't draft his own players.

Steel Pit
03-13-2006, 05:13 AM
Considering Coughlan has six more ex-steelers on his roster i'm sure his fingers will be in the Steelers free agency pockets. he takes ex-Steelers everywhere he goes. look at his roster when he was with JAX and now withe giants. he can't draft his own players.

I've definitely followed that Coughlin trend. When the Steelers are drafting in the 5th and 6th rounds I just consider them to be drafting future players for Tom Coughlin.

clevestinks
03-13-2006, 03:05 PM
I was thinking Palx was one of the X Steelers cut! LOL

Stlrs4Life
03-13-2006, 06:30 PM

Wouldn't that be funnier than heck!:sofunny:

SteelerzGirl
03-13-2006, 07:56 PM

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread, too. Wouldn't that just take the cake...(lol)?