PDA

View Full Version : Does the fact that...

Brady12
03-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Tony Banks was cut by Houston mean that they could select a QB? Or are they just going to go after a smaller name in Free Agency... Just a thought to ponder.

Livinginthe past
03-01-2006, 01:51 AM
Tony Banks was cut by Houston mean that they could select a QB? Or are they just going to go after a smaller name in Free Agency... Just a thought to ponder.

Its hard to be absolutely certain about anything in terms of the draft and the choices made.

But I would bet the house that Houston will not select a QB in the 1st round (I presume thats what you meant) - they will either take Reggie Bush (Who is definitely not from Texas) or trade down and maybe go O-Line.

They probably feel they can upgrade with a QB who has spent 99% of his career a a back-up ie. Billy Volek

The starting job in Houston is Carr's for the foreseeable future.

NM

Zez
03-01-2006, 10:02 AM
But I would bet the house that Houston will not select a QB in the 1st round (I presume thats what you meant) - they will either take Reggie Bush (Who is definitely not from Texas) or trade down and maybe go O-Line.

I gotta agree here. If Houston does not pick Bush, they trade the pick, and go O-Line (Fergueson). They just didn't give Carr $8M to spend more millions on a first round QB. I think they are looking for a more quality backup. I was never big on Tony Banks, and I think there will be more viable backups in FA. Say....Tommy Maddox???

Stillers#1
03-01-2006, 12:01 PM
I have said all along that whoever ended up with the 1st pick needed to trade down. Bush is going to be a good back, but I also think the good backs are pretty common these days. I mean let's be serious, Willie Parker (who no one even considers a franchise back) rushed for a little over 1,200 yards this year, and he missed a game or two. I just don't think any running back is worth the top pick in the draft anymore. If I were Texas, I would love the skill players I have. They should trade down, possibly for a pick and an O-lineman/reciever, and draft Ferguson. Maybe if they get lucky they can get a 2nd rounder for the overall pick as well, and grab another good young o-lineman. Reggie Bush may sell tickets, but he isn't going to be going anywhere behind that line.

BB2W
03-01-2006, 12:15 PM
It could just mean that upon further reveiw... Tony Banks still sucks. :busted:

RoethlisBURGHer
03-02-2006, 02:47 PM
It doesn't mean they are drafting Young or Leinart.

They just gave Carr $8,000,000 more and three more years.

They're just gonna go after a better backup QB in FA/late in the draft.

Also,if they want anything out of that $8,000,000 they gave Carr,they need to trade away the 1st pick so they can draft D,Brickshaw Ferguson and get help on that horrible o-line.Reggie Bush won't be selling many tickets behind that line,so what good will he do?