PDA

View Full Version : Will the Bengals sign Justin Hartwig?

tony hipchest
09-10-2010, 11:57 PM
i was certain they would go after batch as soon as he was released, but since that isnt happening it looks like they got the next best thing in store for a pump n dump.

(except for either case, both players would be an upgrade to their current back ups.)

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=218

MasterOfPuppets
09-11-2010, 12:01 AM
actually, i always thought that was more the ratbirds thing ... who has the bungles ever scrounged from the steelers trash heap ? :noidea:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-11-2010, 12:05 AM
actually, i always thought that was more the ratbirds thing ... who has the bungles ever scrounged from the steelers trash heap ? :noidea:

Wasn't St. Pierre on their roster one season? Or was that Baltimore also?

MasterOfPuppets
09-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Wasn't St. Pierre on their roster one season? Or was that Baltimore also?

bmore .... i can't think of anyone , active roster wise, that ended up as a bunghole.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Oh just thought of one. Andre Frazier.

tony hipchest
09-11-2010, 12:23 AM
who has the bungles ever scrounged from the steelers trash heap ? :noidea:

duh... :doh: danny farmer! :sofunny: (i guess frazier was the most recent)

The Bengals will host free agent C/G Justin Hartwig next week.

Continuing the Bengals' history of picking up whatever floats down the Ohio River from Pittsburgh. Rookie Reggie Stevens would be headed toward the practice squad if Hartwig is signed to back up Kyle Cook.

i bet he goes, and with a great shot to stay teh entire season.

urgle burgle
09-11-2010, 12:30 AM
why not? he is relatively serviceable, comes sorta' cheap, and knows our playbook and tendencies. as a strategic move, not bad by the bungholes. course i still hope they die in a very hot fire.

SteelersinCA
09-11-2010, 12:55 AM
diavhf?

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Wow. It didn't take Fartpig very long to go seek out the opposition team...I guess we made him pretty mad by giving his starting job to a rookie....well, here's the thing Justin-- jobs in the NFL aren;t given away, they are earned.

ricardisimo
09-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Wow. It didn't take Fartpig very long to go seek out the opposition team...I guess we made him pretty mad by giving his starting job to a rookie....well, here's the thing Justin-- jobs in the NFL aren;t given away, they are earned.

Wow... Is that your way of saying "Thanks for the SB win, and good luck in your future endeavors"? I've never thought much of him, but he seems like a sweet guy, a good teammate (and selfless mentor to his replacement) and we did win it all with him. Just saying...

MattsMe
09-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Wow... Is that your way of saying "Thanks for the SB win, and good luck in your future endeavors"? I've never thought much of him, but he seems like a sweet guy, a good teammate (and selfless mentor to his replacement) and we did win it all with him. Just saying...

i think I agree with you. That's scary.

Fire Arians
09-11-2010, 02:40 AM

joining the enemy sort of kills the sense of well-wishing. packer fans don't think too highly of favre even though he did much more for green bay than hartwig ever did in his entire career, much less for the steelers

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-11-2010, 02:56 PM

I already expressed all those sentiments in numerous other threads for the last month. Matter of factly, I thought at the time that I was the only Steeler fan that had any sympathy for cutting the guy who brought our Oline together in 2008 on his own time and I thought, played above his potential for us.

But, like I said.....it sure didn't take him very long to go seek out one of our rivals. I definitely wished him well, until he decided to put on his Benedict Arnold coat....I don't feel too much sympathy now. I feel bad that he had to get cut, but.....that is business, none of it is personal, and he has to realize how the NFL works, and not get all sour grapes on us.

He might be seeking a paycheck right now, but to immediately go interview with one of our most hated rivals less than a week after getting cut by us? Sorry-- Joey Porter didn't do that to us when he got cut. Alan Faneca didn't. Hartwig shouldn't either.

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-11-2010, 03:00 PM
i think I agree with you. That's scary.

Also, you would need to read some of the articles on the Center position battle that was going on this summer (you guys may have, not making any assumptions on how close you have followed the team this offseason, I just don't recognize your screen names).

As soon as the coaching staff announced Pouncey would be taking the starting C position, Hartwig blew a gasket and took it all personal. His sour grapes attitude and statements were not all that different from when he beat out Sean Mahan, and Sean dropped a bunch of scathing interviews with the Burgh press the next day.

These guys have to realize, the NFL is a million dollar business, and each franchise's goal is to win championships, not cater to individual loyalties. You have a spot on the depth chart only as long as you can hold it down, and someone better does not come along.

For him to immediately jump ship and go to one of our most hated rivals, I officially lost any sympathy I felt previous.

ricardisimo
09-11-2010, 04:08 PM
If it's just a "million dollar business" for the Steelers, then isn't it the same for him as well? What's good for the goose, and all... Why shouldn't he go where he's most likely to attract top-dollar, namely a division rival?

MasterOfPuppets
09-11-2010, 04:30 PM
duh... :doh: danny farmer! :sofunny: (i guess frazier was the most recent)

The Bengals will host free agent C/G Justin Hartwig next week.

Continuing the Bengals' history of picking up whatever floats down the Ohio River from Pittsburgh. Rookie Reggie Stevens would be headed toward the practice squad if Hartwig is signed to back up Kyle Cook.

i bet he goes, and with a great shot to stay teh entire season.
damn...how could i have forgotten farmer...:doh: ......actually, the better question is why do you remember farmer ? :noidea:

steelerchad
09-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Have the Steelers ever done the pump and dump in recent history? I can't think of anyone.

ricardisimo
09-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Have the Steelers ever done the pump and dump in recent history? I can't think of anyone.
I think Hartwig is as close as you're going to get. I thought his contract was excessive at the time, but do they ever listen to me?

steeltheone
09-11-2010, 07:38 PM
For some reason the hartwig hatred is deep...I thought the guy was a good Steeler...A nice fill in till we could get younger.... He owes us nothing, we cut him. Comparing it to Farve or Faneca makes no sense.....We all know the hell Farve put the Pack thru at the end. Faneca signed with the team with the biggest checkbook. It could have very easily been Balt or Cincy.