PDA

View Full Version : New Depth Chart Out...2 surprises

SteelKnight
09-11-2010, 02:17 PM
The new 2010 depth chart is up.
http://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart.html

Surprises to me were:

1. Emmanuel Sanders -5th WR (beat by ARE and Battle) and 3rd SE (after Wallace and Battle)

2. Keenan Lewis - 3rd team CB (on L behind Ike and MADISON!!!)

So much for seeing Sanders in the slot.

Fire Arians
09-11-2010, 02:27 PM
The new 2010 depth chart is up.
http://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart.html

Surprises to me were:

1. Emmanuel Sanders -5th WR (beat by ARE and Battle) and 3rd SE (after Wallace and Battle)

2. Keenan Lewis - 3rd team CB (on L behind Ike and MADISON!!!)

So much for seeing Sanders in the slot.

Sanders didn't show he was ready yet so that doesn't surprise me. AFAIK he was responsible for 2 INT's in the denver game for running the wrong routes. He will be a contributor no doubt eventually, but not this year.

battle might be one of the surprises this year. sure he doesn't have that breakaway speed but he seems to catch everything that is thrown to him. he's going to be a chain mover and may contribute more than expected

lewis is talented but really threw himself into tomlin's doghouse. I'm surprised he didnt get cut after his antics. I honestly think Butler will be a starter before lewis ever is

ricardisimo
09-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Keenan might not be ready, or this might be his wake-up call, just like Rashard's benching last season. I'm scooting on over to the link right now to see where Downtownio and Gay wound up at their positions.

Edit:
Huh? You neglected to mention Surprise #1 - Byron Leftwich is listed at #2. Yeah... Good luck with that Byron. Poor Batch. Talk about no respect.

steeltheone
09-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Keenan looks like another future cut.....I see no sense in Battle getting anytime at all...He is a 30 year old journeyman...

MasterOfPuppets
09-11-2010, 04:21 PM
looks like james harrison has been bumped back to 3rd string long snapper...

DanRooney
09-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Sanders didn't show he was ready yet so that doesn't surprise me. AFAIK he was responsible for 2 INT's in the denver game for running the wrong routes. He will be a contributor no doubt eventually, but not this year.

battle might be one of the surprises this year. sure he doesn't have that breakaway speed but he seems to catch everything that is thrown to him. he's going to be a chain mover and may contribute more than expected

lewis is talented but really threw himself into tomlin's doghouse. I'm surprised he didnt get cut after his antics. I honestly think Butler will be a starter before lewis ever is

Which two INTs? I keep hearing Dixon's second INT was a result of this but Dixon threw it right where Sanders was going. Unfortunately he was completely blanketed by the DB. The pass should have never been thrown.

jjpro11
09-11-2010, 07:45 PM
no surprise with Sanders.. as a 3rd round rookie, he has to work his way up. not really surprised with Lewis either. he didn't do anything to stand out this preseason imo.

PhantomJB93
09-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Ok, ARE over Sanders is one thing but Im actually pretty PO'd that they put Battle above him, Battle has shown nothing good except that ONE CATCH in the first game of the preseason and Sanders was awesome in every other game, I was excited to see him get his shot as the 3rd or 4th string but I guess not this year...

Then again Im no coach and Im sure there must be something they see in Battle if they really put him above Sanders after Sanders's camp and preseason

Fire Arians
09-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Which two INTs? I keep hearing Dixon's second INT was a result of this but Dixon threw it right where Sanders was going. Unfortunately he was completely blanketed by the DB. The pass should have never been thrown.

the pick 6 that batch threw was supposedly sanders' fault

Tone's Toes
09-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Lewis is in the doghouse. He's got to work his way out of it.

Not surprised about Sanders

Ward - Starter

Wallace - Starter

Randle El - #3 WR and dual value since he can be an emergency QB etc.

Battle - Everest loves this guys and thinks he can help the special teams unit and can fill the #4 WR spot.

Brown - The return man.

All this probably leaves Sanders in the dark in the short-term. He could get an opportunity if/when there's an injury or Brown struggles as the returner.

MikeHaullace
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I guess I will be the first to say that I have absolutely *zero* issue with the depth chart and think that it is exactly as it should be.

Nothing to see here, folks.

Pittsburgh43
09-12-2010, 12:10 AM
looks like james harrison has been bumped back to 3rd string long snapper...

That made me laugh:chuckle:

SteelKnight
09-12-2010, 12:29 AM

I guess unless there are some injuries, we'll just expect Sanders to contribute next year. I am only disappointed because this is the first time in a long time that we do not have 2 speedsters out there. We alays had Nate/Holmes then Wallace/Holmes. Now we just have Wallace and 2 slow guys.

Yes I heard Battle catching TDs from Ben on several occasions. That should have given me the indication that he was working with the first team. once he catches a couple of TDs we'll like him I guess...lol

The thing that shocked me about Lewis is being below MADISON...I mean really? Madison sucks. Maybe this just means they are going to inactivate Lewis for the first game.

My predicted inactives:
1.Leftwich
2.Sanders
3.Lewis
4. Foster
5. Hill
6.Dwyer
7.Worilds
8. Eason

CLStan7
09-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Battle sucks...kinda reminds me of Shaun McDonald...where s Shaun now? released.. Im shocked battle made it this far...smh

ricardisimo
09-12-2010, 03:40 AM
The thing that shocked me about Lewis is being below MADISON...I mean really? Madison sucks. Maybe this just means they are going to inactivate Lewis for the first game.
I'm not sure "sucks" is the right term. He's a hard worker, an over-achiever, but way too small and he'll never have the goods to be great or even consistent. This is clearly a statement aimed at Keenan, as it should be.

pete74
09-12-2010, 05:16 AM
if Lewis dosnt show something this season he will be cut next year

BKAnthem
09-12-2010, 09:06 AM
if Lewis dosnt show something this season he will be cut next year

I don't think he will, i wasn't a fan of him, Urbick or Burnett....and you see what happened the latter 2...Lewis will be joining them soon