PDA

View Full Version : And the mayhem begins, players everywhere being cut...

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Been listening to espn radio like always today and players are being cut left and right everywhere you look. The league NFL office is closed for the day, no deal is done..doesnt look likely that anything can be done now.

The broncos already cut Trevor Price and Mike Anderson, players all over the league are feeling the pinch now too. Ahman Green may go soon. Fortunately our Steelers arent in that bad of dire cap issues that we will have to jetisen alot of our key players, but one wonders who's gonna be next, and who's gonna go for the black n gold.

Damn the NFL and Players !!! :chair: :pissed:

BB2W
03-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Carolina cut Stephen Davis, Brenston Bunckner, and Rod Smart...

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Looks like "He Hate Me" isnt too happy right now either :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
03-01-2006, 04:14 PM
out of all the teams the steelers are probably most likely to find a rodney harrison type gem in these cuts. especially if they sign on the cheap. m. anderson would be a nice back-up at basement price and im very curious about what happens to eric moulds and how bad he wants a ring.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2006, 04:21 PM
think of this too..how many of these new FA's entering the league are going to want a 1 or 2 yr deal so they can cash in, during 2007 and beyond with no cap. I think you may find some players hard to sign to long term deals this off season; check that I think you'll find many players who want a short deal now to cash in later.

SalukiSteelers
03-01-2006, 04:43 PM
According to John Clayton, the Steelers are $7M over the cap. Looks like they're sellin' not buyin'. Gotta keep Ike. Resign Keisel and cut Kimo? Somebody's gonna have to restructure or get cut. Is ARE a goner? Pretty sure Hope's out the door and that probably comes back to haunt. How's a team that jettisons expensive players all the time find themselves in this mess? Am I overreacting to the cap number?

clevestinks
03-01-2006, 05:09 PM
think of this too..how many of these new FA's entering the league are going to want a 1 or 2 yr deal so they can cash in, during 2007 and beyond with no cap. I think you may find some players hard to sign to long term deals this off season; check that I think you'll find many players who want a short deal now to cash in later.
Great points, never gave that much thought! I guess we might find a cheap hired gun for a season.

Ambridge
03-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Looks like "He Hate Me" isnt too happy right now either :rolleyes:

"He Hate Me" is now known as "They Cut Me"!!

FanecaFan66
03-01-2006, 08:41 PM
You know whats a refreshing thought though. We may be slightly over the cap but we're not forced to bring the axe down as often through this disaster like the Broncos and Panthers. Why? Because we have a front office that doesn't over pay, doesn't let the team get into situations like that, and is smart with who we do invest in (exception Korky).

the consistancy speaks for itself. it makes me feel good to be a steelers fan

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2006, 11:41 PM
"He Hate Me" is now known as "They Cut Me"!!

:toofunny: :rofl:

Hawk Believer
03-02-2006, 12:27 AM

Your point, along with a glut of running back FAs, puts Shawn Alexander in a tough bargaining position. I wonder if he would risk 2 consecutive FA years....

Haiku_Dirtt
03-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Been listening to espn radio like always today and players are being cut left and right everywhere you look. The league NFL office is closed for the day, no deal is done..doesnt look likely that anything can be done now.

The broncos already cut Trevor Price and Mike Anderson, players all over the league are feeling the pinch now too. Ahman Green may go soon. Fortunately our Steelers arent in that bad of dire cap issues that we will have to jetisen alot of our key players, but one wonders who's gonna be next, and who's gonna go for the black n gold.

Damn the NFL and Players !!! :chair: :pissed:

I side with ownership.

I don't know why but Gene Upshaw seems to remind me of Don King. I have this vision of him standing with his arms around the players telling them he 'sincerely' has their best interest in hand. But my pragmatic thoughts (or is it cynical?) (but is it cynical if it is true?) are that the Drew RosenC.O.C.K.'s are the one's driving this train into the same mountain range where former Commerce Secretary Rob Brown is dispersed.

The adage that comes to mind? Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves.

I'd like to side with the Polamalu's and the Faneca's and the Ward's in the league. But the bad apples errrrrr T.O.'s make that completely impossible.

F**K the agents. Go Rooney's.

hardwork
03-02-2006, 02:10 PM

No one knows what will happen in 2007 now. That could get flushed also.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-03-2006, 07:33 PM
If no deal is reached by the end of the weekend.. there will be NO salary cap in 2007 period.