PDA

View Full Version : Dixon's ugly interception

ETL
09-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Was he trying to throw it to the defender? Did he forget that his team was wearing black?

I can't remember a worse looking interception since ... Kent Graham.

Please put Randle El in at QB. It can't get any worse

(Sorry mid-game ranting going on here)

lionslicer
09-12-2010, 02:29 PM
That was pretty terrible. Even if the defender wasn't there, it would have hit the ground before it got to Heath, he just lost focus

Walt
09-12-2010, 04:35 PM
He needs to work on his mechanics. He was short arming a lot of throws... looked like Uncle RIco. As a result a lot of his passes were in the ground at the feet of the receivers.

Polly
09-12-2010, 04:35 PM
Dixon did a great job, stop bitching. That pick should have been an easy completion.

My only complaint would be to keep the ball inside until he gets more experience. His outside throws are horrible, there were numerous times where he threw outside and it should have been picked.

ricksteelers55
09-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Well he's ok when he throws in the middle and between the numbers but how awful was he when he was trying to throw on the sides.

We've been lucky a couple of times also could have been picked 2 or 3 more times.Anyway we won it so let's prepared for the Titans

OX1947
09-12-2010, 05:13 PM
He more then made up for that bad throw with the perfect pass to Wallace. I thought Dixon played awesome for the circumstances. Dixon's issue is mechanics and touch. He hasnt developed touch yet and mechanics would be a decision he would have to make to work on. Big ben's INT in SB XL was worse then Dixon's, happens to the best of them, at least it was in Falcons territory.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-12-2010, 05:33 PM
he sucks thats it he sucks bad

Curtain_of_Steel
09-12-2010, 05:43 PM
3 games and counting...

Play that kind of D with big Ben guiding the offence its light out. Dixon shorted 5 or 6 easy dinks, made mental mistakes and stayed in th epocket when he should've ran his ass off.

Over all the Def obviously carried the team, and Mendy did a great job. Oline equally did a good job.

Did tomlin come back out and say, well I was just joshing you when I said BB was not guarrantteed to be the starter when he comes back. LOL

steelax04
09-12-2010, 06:17 PM
I think you'll see a very different Dixon next week. He learned a lot this week, especially from his reaction on the sidelines after that pick. First game jitters are out and he'll be OK until Ben gets back.

Glace
09-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Reminded me of Neil O'Donnell in the superbowl, lol

In a level-headed reality, Dixon had as many positives as he had negatives. One person doesn't dictate a team game. The team made up for his faults today. Holy CRAP it was good to see Troy out there and making that INT today.

They will tweak the plan for next week based on his performance today. We should be just fine.

cubanstogie
09-12-2010, 06:30 PM
He made a few poor throws but he kept his composure. It is a learning experience. I am sure he learned as much today as when the Ravens lineman baited him and dropped into coverage last year for a pic. You have to take you lumps on the field, its inevitable.