whats his status? Im in Arkansas and havent heard anything about it :wave:
:tt03:

My hope is put him in immediately.

Downbylaw
09-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Start him.

Hirsch
09-12-2010, 06:14 PM
The way the O-line looked I say put him coach . He does have a better arm than DD. Dixion did not use his legs to help out in anyway today.

ETL
09-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Because we won game 1, If Dixon shows growth, I would continue with Dix.

lionslicer
09-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Though the line did well with Dixon, he was chased around a lot, Leftwich is slower than my grandma. And in the preseason he was sacked a lot, he'll get destroyed against the Bucs and Ravens. Both have a good pass rush.

He wont be around to face the titans, he's out for atleast 2 weeks. Depending on how Dixon does against the Titans will decide if Dixon deserves to lose his spot.

scsteeler
09-12-2010, 11:01 PM
We stay with Dixon!

If you look at Dixon's Stat's he was not that bad, of course he made some Rookie mistakes but there is still too much upside with him to just pull him now. I would love to see more designed runs to help him and more roll outs but that will remain to be seen.

Pittsburgh43
09-13-2010, 02:30 AM
Yeah, Dixon showed some flashes today. He wasn't bad, although that interception was terrible. I think this win will help his confidence and swagger tremendously.

Can't wait til next Sunday! I HATE the Titans!!

steeltheone
09-13-2010, 02:34 AM
Dixon Played ok ....I have no idea why Arians did not roll him out at all?

MattsMe
09-13-2010, 02:41 AM
Dixon Played ok ....I have no idea why Arians did not roll him out at all?

He didn't need to. The Falcons D did it for him.

truesteelerfan
09-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Sit him when he comes back...too slow footed with our OL. Good arm, good at reading coverage, just not enough time behind our beat up line.

Third Rail
09-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Can we get the Mission Impossible guys to make a Leftwich mask and give it to Ben so he can play?

Atlanta Dan
09-13-2010, 12:16 PM
If Arians & Tomlin are not going to modify the playbook to address Dixon's skills (threat to run) while covering his weaknesses (poor location on any passes other than dump offs except for the strike to Wallace and the sideline pass to Ward while Dixon was heading towards the sideline ) might as well bring Leftwich back in week 3 after what i anticipate will be a thrashing in Nashville on Sunday

Hard to see how Leftwich could have done any worse on those 2 sacks that bookended the 2 minute warning and could have lost the game but for another quality Sepulveda punt and Troy's sublime INT.

Dixon did not lose the game but no drama (as opposed to one horrible pick and three near misses) is what is called for if Leftwich is healthy for Tampa Bay

drizze99
09-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Wow, how quick we are to dump on the rookie. Yes, Dixon is still a rookie in my eyes....

When Lefty comes back, I think he should find a nice place on the bench. Listen people, that was Dixon's 2ND NFL START!! He *should* be 2-0 as a starter had the defense not collapsed last year in that Monday night game DD got to start. This kid HAS TALENT. He was nervous yesterday and anyone that is a rookie/inexperienced is going to be in that situation.

He just needs to settle down and throw the ball like he knows how and forget about trying to be perfect with every throw. We'll see a better Dixon this Sunday. Will it be enough to win? I have no idea because the Titans have a RB that is kind of OK.

Atlanta Dan
09-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Wow, how quick we are to dump on the rookie. Yes, Dixon is still a rookie in my eyes....

When Lefty comes back, I think he should find a nice place on the bench. Listen people, that was Dixon's 2ND NFL START!! He *should* be 2-0 as a starter had the defense not collapsed last year in that Monday night game DD got to start. This kid HAS TALENT. He was nervous yesterday and anyone that is a rookie/inexperienced is going to be in that situation.

He just needs to settle down and throw the ball like he knows how and forget about trying to be perfect with every throw. We'll see a better Dixon this Sunday. Will it be enough to win? I have no idea because the Titans have a RB that is kind of OK.

The D giveth and the D taketh away - it collapsed in the Baltimore game but I would not count on the opposing team being held to single digits, which is what it took to get Dixon to OT

I am not dumping on Dixon given his lack of experience - i am dumping on the play calling not matching the talents and weaknesses of the QB

You simply cannot take 2 consecutive sacks with 2 minutes to go as Dixon did yesterday (although the pass play with 2:05 to go on second and 5 was an odd call that contributed to the problem) -but that is what you get with a novice QB. What you also get is running ability with Dixon - if Arians wil not open up the playbook to take advantage of Dixon's strengths (I thought the reason more roll outs with an option to run were not called in Dixon's firs start was that there was no back-up last November in Baltimore if dixion was clobbered) then why start him in an offense designed for a dropback passer that is better suited to Leftwich or Batch

drizze99
09-13-2010, 02:24 PM
The D giveth and the D taketh away - it collapsed in the Baltimore game but I would not count on the opposing team being held to single digits, which is what it took to get Dixon to OT

I am not dumping on Dixon given his lack of experience - i am dumping on the play calling not matching the talents and weaknesses of the QB

You simply cannot take 2 consecutive sacks with 2 minutes to go as Dixon did yesterday (although the pass play with 2:05 to go on second and 5 was an odd call that contributed to the problem) -but that is what you get with a novice QB. What you also get is running ability with Dixon - if Arians wil not open up the playbook to take advantage of Dixon's strengths (I thought the reason more roll outs with an option to run were not called in Dixon's firs start was that there was no back-up last November in Baltimore if dixion was clobbered) then why start him in an offense designed for a dropback passer that is better suited to Leftwich or Batch

Dan, I agree 100% with the play calling. Arians wants Dixon to be a drop back passer and go through his progressions and not use his legs. One thing Dixon has to learn is how to find that perfect balance and not just stay in the pocket because thats what Arians tells him to do. I am not an Arians fan at all. I never have been and never will be. I agree that he needs to pull ut the roll out passes for Dixon and cater to Dixon's abilities.

Dixon is not a stupid kid. He is the smartest QB we have on our roster (according to the wonderlic) and Arians needs to open up the playbook and JUST LET HIM PLAY. Right now we have A LOT of youth at the heart of our offense with Pouncey at center and Dixon at QB. I say challenge him and see what happens. It's Arians job as his coach and coordinator to make the playbook work for him and tailor it around his skill set. I honestly do not believe Arians did that yesterday.

fer522
09-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Can we get the Mission Impossible guys to make a Leftwich mask and give it to Ben so he can play?

DITTO :wave:

Third Rail
09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
DITTO :wave:

:tt02:

Hines0wnz
09-14-2010, 04:01 AM
Hopefully he will be ready to play. He does have the edge of playing against the Titans 2x every season when he started in Jax.