PDA

View Full Version : would lawyer milloy wanna be a steeler?

tony hipchest
03-01-2006, 06:13 PM
or does he suck now. he was just cut. im thinking he would be a nice player at league minimum. being an ex patriot who left the chance to be a champ for the big bucks i doubt he has a winners attitude, but who knows.

point is there will be options out there to replace the free agents we lose. we are the champs. the ball is in our court.

OX1947
03-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Mike Anderson just got cut by the broncos. He is a great team guy and the perfect mold as a Steeler. plus he is a good goaline runner. I would dump staley and get Mike Anderson...

BlitzburghRockCity
03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
We'll never afford mike anderson, so dont count on that one coming to fruition... Ty Law will still want a pretty decent money regardless of what we all think he should get. I wouldnt anticipate us going after him with any kinda excitement really.

Look for us to try and lock down as many of our own FA we have and not do much of anything in FA this year outside of our own players.

tony hipchest
03-01-2006, 07:27 PM
point is someone like j. seau may wanna come in and be a suitable back up for league minimum. the steelers are built around roll players and there may be some good ones who offer their services cheap for the opportunity to be part of a sb winning team. this is a method the patriots have used in their recent runs and im thinking the steelers will be the nfl's flavor of the month in this years off season. there is no other team out there that has a better shot of ATLEAST reach the afc/nfc champ game again than the steelers. 6 times in 14 years. no one can argue with that.

clevestinks
03-01-2006, 07:36 PM
I don`t see us signing any FA for at least twqo months, we are looking cheap

FanecaFan66
03-01-2006, 09:22 PM
One of the reasons a lot of the players that were cut today is because of the CBA crisis. The cap will be significantly lower than a lot of these teams over the cap had anticipated now that no agreement has been reached. Therefore, these teams are perging in the hopes that they can resign the players that they released at far less salaries, and I think for the most part they will. So unless for example if the Pittsburgh Steelers weren't willing to pay Mike Anderson more than Denver's next offer to him then I believe a guy like that would go back to Denver. Quickly off topic tho, Anderson is a product of the system there in my opinion, and while he could be just as successful here with our stellar line play, I doubt he is even worth the effort with the backfield we have. (Basically he wouldn't be a huge improvement in my opinion)

Now back to the subject. I think we will see teams like the Washington Redskins for example who could have been contenders turn into a shadow of themselves because of this crisis. They are waaaaay over the cap and will have to release a lot of vets and higher payed players, in addition teams like the redskins won't be able to sign Randel El, which leaves his options in FA left to the Bears and regrettably the EAGLES! (whom i loath with a passion). So maybe the Steelers can still retain him if he's reasonable with his asking price.

Oh about the question.. haha
Lawyer Milloy will probably return as a Pat for less $$$

Suitanim
03-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Lawyer Milloy? As what? Troy's backup?

tony hipchest
03-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Lawyer Milloy? As what? Troy's backup? sure. if we can get him cheaper than logan, why not. this was really an example post to spurn convo and to re emphasize that there may be options when and if we lose some free agents

FanecaFan66
03-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I like the idea. But i don't think we could get him cheaper than logan.

Milloy v. Logan Who commands a higher salary?

tony hipchest
03-01-2006, 09:36 PM
I like the idea. But i don't think we could get him cheaper than logan.

Milloy v. Logan Who commands a higher salary?

im trying to think outside the box here more from a gm's perspective than your average fans. for example, if eric moulds came up to me and said i will play for your team for c. wilson money i would have a tough decision to make. steelers will be bringing in some of these types of players, if for nothing but an interview. they did it with ty law last year and they will do the same this year.

Suitanim
03-01-2006, 09:45 PM
sure. if we can get him cheaper than logan, why not. this was really an example post to spurn convo and to re emphasize that there may be options when and if we lose some free agents

I suspect (and it's a pretty strong suspicion) that LM is gonna be looking for starting cash and a starting position.

tony hipchest
03-01-2006, 09:49 PM
I suspect (and it's a pretty strong suspicion) that LM is gonna be looking for starting cash and a starting position. good luck to him then. logan was too several years back and spurned an offer from green bay. atleast now he has a ring and played an integral part just in case polamalu got hurt. thank you logan and you deserve your ring. he has paid his dues and readilly accepted his role that cowher preaches about so often.

chad brown couldve had a ring with the team that drafted him and put him on the map if he wouldve just done the same.