PDA

View Full Version : Good Game (Falcons Fan)

atljbo1
09-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Falcon fan here... Just want to say Good game Steelers fan's... It was a hard fought game like i thought but you guys pulled it off ( got the win) .

Tell me.. What do you guys think about the Falcons team ?

Sidenote: I have no idea where our Offense went.... That steel curtain D got us.

Fire Arians
09-12-2010, 05:17 PM
good game bro. I thought the atlanta team was impressive, stayed in the game till the end on the road against our team. things possibly could have ended differently if it was played on your homefield.

i really thought it was evenly matched and figured it would come down to who could make a play first, and mendenhall was pretty much held in check until that final run. falcons D deserves credit though, a lot tougher than I expected.

they didn't have much success against the steeler D but matt ryan did throw for 250 yds which is better than most QB's do against the steeler defense when they're healthy. Though our D held the man in check that was their biggest threat (turner), if we didn't stop him we lose. I expect the falcons to be a playoff team this year.

Slanted August
09-12-2010, 05:21 PM
The receiver Roddy White is the real deal.

The rookie LB Whitherspoon (sp) looks like he will be good.

The game could have gone either way.

I am happy Norwwod did not get loose on any returns.

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
09-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Falcon fan here... Just want to say Good game Steelers fan's... It was a hard fought game like i thought but you guys pulled it off ( got the win) .

Tell me.. What do you guys think about the Falcons team ?

Sidenote: I have no idea where our Offense went.... That steel curtain D got us.

Your Falcons are a good football team, and the sky's the limit with them. Ryan was under pressure, but didn't crack - I LOVE those Defensive struggles. I figured your running game would have difficulty against our front 7, but Roddy White was a beast all game long. I'm just glad we didn't give up any long ones to him... Your D played MUCH better than I expected. Sure, we all knew Dixon would have some growing pains, but it wasn't just his inexperience - you guys made us earn all 15 points.

I agree with Fire Arians - I fully expect you guys to be a playoff team this year. And it's classy to come to your opponents' forum with respect. Good luck this season, and BEAT the RAVENS!!!

atljbo1
09-12-2010, 05:25 PM
The receiver Roddy White is the real deal.

The rookie whetherspoon (sp) looks like he will be good.

The game could have gone either way.

I am happy Norwwod did not get loose on any returns.

Yea .. I know... What hurt most Falcons fans are the 3 ints we could have had.

Man... Troy P is a BEAST

StainlessStill
09-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Of course, the score speaks for itself. They came in here and played well enough to win. Rice had an amazing game and Ryan stepped up in many throws.

However, as underdogs and judging how I thought Atlanta could light it up with their weapons, I feel they underachieved and got severely out played. If Dixon hits accurate throws, then things could have been different. We had so many opportunities against your D with inconsistencies of the QB position but my hats off to you for hanging in there on the road, even though noone gave us a chance as underdogs. Atlanta is still a work in progress and with Ben in the lineup, could have gotten blown out today.

I feel they will push the WC contention this year, but nonetheless, great showing and great game. Good luck to you the rest of the way!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Falcon's defense impressed me. We don't have the most explosive offense, especially with Dixon at the helm, but I thought going in we could but a couple in the endzone. It looks to me that Atlanta is built more to compete within the NFC South though. You guys have a smaller/quicker d-line and some linebackers that can go sideline to sideline and play well in space. Appears to me you match up better with finesse/passing teams like New Orleans, Tampa Bay and St. Louis for the most part.

On offense you o-line did a pretty decent job of slowing our pass rush. Turner was never going to make much of an impact in the game (most opposing teams running backs don't) so it was important that Matt Ryan stay upright. Roddy White looke good also today.

The Dirty Birds should compete for the NFC South and push for atleast a wildcard spot.

stb_steeler
09-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Yea .. I know... What hurt most Falcons fans are the 3 ints we could have had.

Man... Troy P is a BEAST

White was a one man team today. He's gonna be the play maker for the Falcons.

atljbo1
09-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Of course, the score speaks for itself. They came in here and played well enough to win. Rice had an amazing game and Ryan stepped up in many throws.

However, as underdogs and judging how I thought Atlanta could light it up with their weapons, I feel they underachieved and got severely out played. If Dixon hits accurate throws, then things could have been different. We had so many opportunities against your D with inconsistencies of the QB position but my hats off to you for hanging in there on the road, even though noone gave us a chance as underdogs. Atlanta is still a work in progress and with Ben in the lineup, could have gotten blown out today.

I feel they will push the WC contention this year, but nonetheless, great showing and great game. Good luck to you the rest of the way!

I respect that.

I feel like our Coaches (and play calling) called a "safe" game because we were going against Dixon instead of Big Ben.

For some reason the Coaches was playing like "lets just win the field position battle" instead of just going out there and playing.

One thing i will say...The fact that you guys stopped the run with your front 7 most of the time... We wasnt able to go deep allot because we couldnt force your safeties to come up so we couldnt go deep.

I agree.. The Offense underachieved tho..

DanRooney
09-12-2010, 05:54 PM
I can't say anything good about the Falcons defense because we were hindered by what was equivalent to a 12 year old quarterback back there.

Roddy White is a beast. Your offensive playcalling is on-par with ours (i.e. terrible). That's being brutally honest.

lionslicer
09-12-2010, 06:16 PM
White was a one man team today. He's gonna be the play maker for the Falcons.

He's going to be? He has been for the past 3 years, and will continue to be. Falcons just have the bad luck of going up against some of the best pass defenses in the league twice a year.

NFC south teams are extremely good against the pass. Bucs always top 10 in pass defense even if their run defense is terrible. Saints amazing all around defense, and the panthers were 4th pass defense last year, 16th in 2008, but I think they were better than their stats show.
For white to get 1000 yards in a season while being guaranteed to play top pass defenses 6 times every year is amazing. Plus other teams they play with great pass defenses during the season. He's in his prime right now. Mid 20's to late 20's are when hall of fame recievers make their mark with experience and skill before they start getting slower.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-13-2010, 04:34 PM
yea good game