PDA

View Full Version : Antwan Randel El is not the answer

public - enemy
09-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Why did you draft Sanders, Emmanuel and Antonio Brown. ARE was decent back in the day, but he is past his prime. All he does is run east and west.

tony hipchest
09-12-2010, 06:16 PM
sanders and emmanuel are the same person.

zulater
09-12-2010, 06:16 PM
He calls a mean fair catch. Of course that's about all he did in washington the past couple years and that' why they had no problem parting ways with him.

I really missed Logan today, I think he could be a game changer on the team this year.

jjpro11
09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
he had room to run back basically one punt all game. the Falcons punted with good field position most of the time, so he never had much of a chance since the defenders were so close. another reason is our punt return blocking is horrible. it was horrible last year as well. Logan hardly ever got a chance to return.

Polly
09-12-2010, 07:12 PM
I think a lot of it had to do with risk and how the game was being played. ARE gives you safety from committing mistakes. He might not be as explosive as he used to be, but hes the safe bet. Keep in mind that this game was a defensive battle and a STs mistake would be a huge swing. Sanders is more agile and faster than ARE but hes a rookie. He could make that mistake to lose the game.

MasterOfPuppets
09-12-2010, 07:13 PM
http://bbs.mediumpimpin.com/images/smilies/oemhg.gif ..... i wonder if the steelers know that ?

Haiku_Dirtt
09-12-2010, 07:18 PM
He calls a mean fair catch.

I really missed Logan today, I think he could be a game changer on the team this year.

:rofl:

My only problem with ARE back in the day was the money he wanted. He isn't a liability per se but he ain't worth mad money.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-12-2010, 07:21 PM
:doh:

Give the waterboy a wedgie?

MasterOfPuppets
09-12-2010, 07:27 PM
i was one of the few people around here that wasn't too excited to see El return. i've watched my share of skins games over the years ( they're on almost every week here ) and El's "splash" players are few and far between. randel El is no better than shawn McDonald. people get too nostalgic over a few big gadget plays many moons ago. mike mularky and those gadget plays are long gone. :coffee:

SteelKnight
09-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I've been harsh on ARE but what I liked today is he was able to get open short. He would be the perfect #4 WR to replace Mwelde Moore and go 4WR and TE when we use the empty backfield.

I was missing Nate Washington as I watched the Tenn. highlights.

Still, I can't comment on ARE until Ben comes back. If he keeps getting open and catches everything thrown to him...I guess we'll be OK.

The Lakelander
09-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm not disappointed ...

El was the conservative choice today in a game played close to the cuff!

When Ben is back and in grand style, we'll see Antonio back there a few times. Bne can recover when a blunder occurs elsewhere on this team ...

As for today, El had no room whatsoever ... I give him a pass today.

jjpro11
09-12-2010, 07:35 PM
i don't want a rookie returner back there to be honest. Holmes and Willie Reid were horrible returners as rookies. Logan was a rookie last year, but was 28 yearss old and had a year of experience in the CFL. i think it takes a while for rookies to get accustomed to the ability of the punters and speed of the defenders on ST.

public - enemy
09-13-2010, 05:58 AM
I know Emmanuel Sanders is the same person, I pasted it from their website with the comma separating his first and last name.

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Im on board with the OP. I much prefer a yac guy like Brown. He is a better athlete, faster and younger. Randle El should be our 5th receiver, not our third.

steeltheone
09-13-2010, 08:01 AM
ARE is what he is now...A reliable short route runner with minimal mistakes ...good depth for the money!

public - enemy
09-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Say good bye to ARE.

MikeHaullace
09-20-2010, 09:37 PM
ARE was brought back for the same reason Larry Foote was brought back:

A veteran that knows the system.

Fire Arians
09-20-2010, 09:39 PM
I wanna see more of brown and sanders

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 10:58 PM
My vag is hot and burning! talcum powder isnt working!

take it elsewhere, dumbass.

MikeHaullace
09-20-2010, 10:59 PM

I wanna see more of Brown and Sanders more than I want to see less of ARE.

I really hope Ben has been working on his lack-of-deep-ball. This joker has some speed a-brewin' in his WR corp.

Rumor is, they have good hands too. :tt03:

Lex Yinzer
09-21-2010, 09:43 AM
He calls a mean fair catch.

Two words: Ricardo Colclough.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-22-2010, 01:42 PM

Yea me to Brown looked good with that kick return last sunday

#1LambertFan
09-22-2010, 05:56 PM
I've been harsh on ARE but what I liked today is he was able to get open short. He would be the perfect #4 WR to replace Mwelde Moore and go 4WR and TE when we use the empty backfield.

I was missing Nate Washington as I watched the Tenn. highlights.

Still, I can't comment on ARE until Ben comes back. If he keeps getting open and catches everything thrown to him...I guess we'll be OK.

I do remember saying there's something in the water that causes Pittsburgh to make rookies into excellent receivers elsewhere. Plaxico, El, Nate, Holmes, all were at best no. 2 receivers for us but were no.1 in their respective teams after leaving.

CaliStillersFan
09-23-2010, 09:59 AM
I agree, it's not fair to judge his play until we see how he does with a real QB under center that is allowed to throw the ball past the line of scrimmage.

stiller39
09-23-2010, 04:08 PM
ARE is not the same one as when he was with us before he left. We got some promising rooks who need to play. Rooney said let the Rookies play...I'm just saying.

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Nice AV, calistillersfan....