PDA

View Full Version : Hey Terry, STFU!

zulater
09-12-2010, 08:37 PM
I loved TB the qb, I even like TB the tv personality, mostly. But his attacks on Ben are getting old.

http://draftsteel.com/ff/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8039

Borrowing from another board I think this guy ( Steeler Erie) says it best.

Brad's act is getting old. His psychological issues are well documented. I simply don't buy the old story line about him reaching out to Ben, Ben rejecting him, and that starting the whole conflict way back when. Fact is, Terry has always been severely insecure. I believe when he heard all the adoration Ben was getting, it made him insanely jealous. The way he could have lived with it, the only way, was if he made nice with Ben and was able to take credit for being some kind of mentor. That didn't happen and there has been a seething resentment towards Ben since. Yes Ben screwed up. Bradshaw never did? This is the ultimate guy living in a glass house. When you have been married and divorced as many times as he has, you shut your mouth about other people's private lives. The only thing Bradshaw knows about dealing with women is how to write out an alimony check. Personally, I hope he stays away from Pittsburgh for good from now on. I appreciate all he did on the field, but he has ruined my memories of him with his pettiness, his jealousy, and his immaturity since he walked off the field for the last time. People were way too quick to forgive hom for the years of trashing Chuck Noll. Terry only recanted all that because he was never able to move public sentiment away from Noll towards himself. When people started writing more and more (such as Jim O'Brien) about the subject, it reached the point even Terry realized it was over. So he made nice for the solitary reason of trying to win hearts back and be the star again. I don't believe for a second he was sincere about any of it. It was all a calculated PR move to try to be the darling again because he felt Ben had usurped his place in Steeler history.

MasterOfPuppets
09-12-2010, 08:52 PM
he's still running his yap...

"They should have dumped you," Bradshaw said in an on-air address to Roethlisberger. "What you did in my eyes was a lot worse."

STFU and move on terry...christ he's acting like a jilted lover or something.... get over it man, not everybody gives a shit about your misinformed opinions. another person that feels qualified to pass judgement, despite the fact that they were neither there , or know what the truth is.

zulater
09-12-2010, 09:03 PM
he's still running his yap...

STFU and move on terry...christ he's acting like a jilted lover or something.... get over it man, not everybody gives a shit about your misinformed opinions.

I couldn't believe it when he went on like he did before the start of todays' game. OK we get it, you don't like him Terry, but Geez why in the world isn't Ben entitled to a second chance?

Could he have done what he was accused of? Yes he could have. but he just as easily could have ben falsely accused, personally i think the young lady was coerced by her friends into making a false allegation.

He doesn't know, nor do I. but the point is absent of facts, real ones that clearly prove innocence or guilt, an unconvicted, uncharged man is entiled to a presumption of innocence.

Now if we're talking about acting the part of a fool, drinking with college girls or whatever ( btw I really don't know what's wrong with a single just turned 28 year old trying to score a college girl?) yeah Ben was guilty. But let the punishemnt fit the crime, and at the very least Ben's paid a larger price than any uncharged, unconvicted athlete ever. When his suspension is done he deserves the opportunity to go on with his career as a Steeler.

Fire Arians
09-12-2010, 09:11 PM
terry just wishes he was smart like ben and stayed single instead of being a dumbass and getting divorced 5x. the haterade is strong. terry go cheer for the saints you douche bag

ETL
09-12-2010, 09:11 PM
If Terry Bradshaw won his SBs with some other team, we would hate this moron with passion. He gets a bye with Steeler fans but to me he's used up all his Steeler equity.

I agree. He should STFU.

tony hipchest
09-12-2010, 09:18 PM
i hate to admit it, but im getting sick of terry running his mouth on the subject too.

we get it terry.

you wish you werent drafted by pittsburgh and you dont like ben.

on the flipside is chris carter (all to familiar with falling by the wayside and nearly pissing away a career) who said during the espn pre-game show, that this could be a great "turning it around/2nd chance" success story.

figg
09-12-2010, 09:23 PM
No doubt he came off as a hater. He said all the young QB's should look up to Drew Brees not Ben. I hope Brees gets caught with a prostitute :rofl:

skinart82
09-12-2010, 09:23 PM
I have been sick of his mouth for awhile, but when He said that if he could do it all over again he would be a saint, I wish he would have. STFU Terry, you act is getting very old!

zulater
09-12-2010, 09:32 PM
No doubt he came off as a hater. He said all the young QB's should look up to Drew Brees not Ben. I hope Brees gets caught with a prostitute :rofl:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:tZsRTm21cwG7YM:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/editbritany/tranny.jpg&t=1

An ugly tranny one at that. :flap:

figg
09-12-2010, 09:39 PM
:thumbsup:

lionslicer
09-12-2010, 09:44 PM
...Why so much hate for Terry? Stop sucking up to Ben, we all want him back, but he's a womanizing asshole, and if Terry wants to chew him out, let him. I remember reading about 60's and 70's coaches and administrations and how strict they were about this stuff. If Lombardi was the coach when Ben pulled this, he would have gotten players to hold Ben down and slapped him in the face with a dildo. And then fired him. Or trade him to the worst team in the NFL at the time. Today we slap Ben on the wrist and a 4 game suspension. And let people like Michael Vick back into the league making millions of dollars.

figg
09-12-2010, 09:54 PM
...Why so much hate for Terry? Stop sucking up to Ben, we all want him back, but he's a womanizing asshole, and if Terry wants to chew him out, let him. I remember reading about 60's and 70's coaches and administrations and how strict they were about this stuff. If Lombardi was the coach when Ben pulled this, he would have gotten players to hold Ben down and slapped him in the face with a dildo. And then fired him. Or trade him to the worst team in the NFL at the time. Today we slap Ben on the wrist and a 4 game suspension. And let people like Michael Vick back into the league making millions of dollars.

Terry wasnt an angel himself thats the point.

scsteeler
If Terry Bradshaw won his SBs with some other team, we would hate this moron with passion. He gets a bye with Steeler fans but to me he's used up all his Steeler equity.

I agree. He should STFU.

If Terry was on another team he would not have a SB. I think Terry is forgetting that the Talent around him helped to make him the QB he is.

floodcitygirl
...Why so much hate for Terry? Stop sucking up to Ben, we all want him back, but he's a womanizing asshole, and if Terry wants to chew him out, let him. I remember reading about 60's and 70's coaches and administrations and how strict they were about this stuff. If Lombardi was the coach when Ben pulled this, he would have gotten players to hold Ben down and slapped him in the face with a dildo. And then fired him. Or trade him to the worst team in the NFL at the time. Today we slap Ben on the wrist and a 4 game suspension. And let people like Michael Vick back into the league making millions of dollars.While a "womanizing asshole" isn't somebody I want to hang out with, the last time I checked, it's not against the law! The man was not even charged with a crime. This is unlike how many others that have recently been convicted of crimes but have received no penalty from the NFL?! Bradshaw does need to STFU.

zulater
...Why so much hate for Terry?

Because Terry had his asshole moments himself. the Chief absolutely loved Terry, andTerry supposedly felt the same way about Mr. rooney. Yet Terry carrying old grudges wouldn't even come to Pittsburgh for the funeral of a man he reportedly admired more than any other he ever met. Need another. Terry gets inducted intho the Hall of Fame, so who among his former teammates, family, or coaches does he get to present him?( a huge honor) His at the time broadcast booth partner Verne Lundquist. Yeah Terry that's why you're in Canton. :doh:

Stop sucking up to Ben, we all want him back, but he's a womanizing asshole, and if Terry wants to chew him out, let him. I remember reading about 60's and 70's coaches and administrations and how strict they were about this stuff. If Lombardi was the coach when Ben pulled this, he would have gotten players to hold Ben down and slapped him in the face with a dildo. And then fired him. Or trade him to the worst team in the NFL at the time. Today we slap Ben on the wrist and a 4 game suspension. And let people like Michael Vick back into the league making millions of dollars.

A quarter of the season is a "slap on the wrist"?The punishment is without precedent for an uncharged man.

lionslicer
09-12-2010, 10:02 PM
A quarter of the season is a "slap on the wrist"?The punishment is without precedent for an uncharged man.

Whether he broke a law wasn't my point, he is still known for being a womanizer and an asshole to women. He was at my moms bf's club and was a complete asshole to a women waiter. I'm just saying back in Terry's day, he would have had more to deal with then 4 games.
If a player went to a hotel that didn't allow blacks to stay there, because segregation was still around then, that player would be traded or fired or even sat for the rest of the season, I shit you not, this is how coaches controlled players.
In college when you get lower than 75%, many colleges will sit the player half a game, if not multipe games.
If a player was being disrespectful to a women, if it was caught, some coaches would sit the player.
But idk, maybe 4 games without Pay is good enough... I'd rather see him get publically humiliated atleast a couple times a week until he comes back, and if Terry wants to do that, good for him.

I don't give a flying fudge about Terry's past or anything. I'm glad someone is actualling calling Ben out. If anyone else said something about Ben, no one would have said anything, its because of his past that everyone has gone Hypocrite mode on him.
But like I said, I don't care if is Terry tearing Ben a new one, or someone else, I'm glad its someone, I'm not defending Terry's past mistakes, stop accusing me of that...

ETL
09-12-2010, 10:09 PM
If Terry was on another team he would not have a SB. I think Terry is forgetting that the Talent around him helped to make him the QB he is.

Agreed. I just meant, if he was never a Steeler - he would be hated. He's becoming the Bill Walton of the NFL - a rambling, bumbling senile idiotic TV commentator who has delusional quixotic memories of his own playing days

zulater
09-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Whether he broke a law wasn't my point, he is still known for being a womanizer and an asshole to women. He was at my moms bf's club and was a complete asshole to a women waiter. I'm just saying back in Terry's day, he would have had more to deal with then 4 games.
If a player went to a hotel that didn't allow blacks to stay there, because segregation was still around then, that player would be traded or fired or even sat for the rest of the season, I shit you not, this is how coaches controlled players.
In college when you get lower than 75%, many colleges will sit the player half a game, if not multipe games.
If a player was being disrespectful to a women, if it was caught, some coaches would sit the player.
But idk, maybe 4 games without Pay is good enough... I'd rather see him get publically humiliated atleast a couple times a week until he comes back, and if Terry wants to do that, good for him.

I don't give a flying fudge about Terry's past or anything. I'm glad someone is actualling calling Ben out. If anyone else said something about Ben, no one would have said anything, its because of his past that everyone has gone Hypocrite mode on him.
But like I said, I don't care if is Terry tearing Ben a new one, or someone else, I'm glad its someone, I'm not defending Terry's past mistakes, stop accusing me of that...

At some point it becomes piling on. At some point a pulpit becomes a bully pulpit. Ben was already the cover boy of Sports Illustrated for his poor behaviour. He's been villified and raked over the coals by any number of media outlets and membersBy now he either gets it or he doesn't. His current and future actions should be the determining factor in what level of acceptance the fans grant him. Terry should stop trying to influence the fans against him.

scsteeler
09-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Agreed. I just meant, if he was never a Steeler - he would be hated. He's becoming the Bill Walton of the NFL - a rambling, bumbling senile idiotic TV commentator who has delusional quixotic memories of his own playing days

Like it or not Terry has his opinion and notice I said his opinion and he has the right to voice it but like anything too much of anything ain't good for you.

BIGWILL
09-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Terry is entitled to his own opinion on Ben. But to come out and say he wished he played for another team instead or for the saints. CMON Man!!! Wouldnt you rather see terrible towels flying around you every sunday instead of paper bag heads just sittin there. Terry has had a good reputation in pittsburgh and now your going to sink yourself down into neil o'donnell territory...its cold down there.

SteelCityMom
09-13-2010, 12:09 AM

Maybe that's why Noll and him didn't get along? Didn't you know that Terry has admitted to being a womanizing, self-centered asshole in his time?

“I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before … my whole life was out of control … I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it,” Bradshaw said in a 2008 interview before he “found Jesus.” "

I mean, yay for Terry for trying to give the guy some advice...but to publicly blast him (again) on a national broadcast, after everything's been said and done, only makes him look like an asshat and a hypocrite.

They must have been REALLY strict on all that "womanizing" stuff that went on back in the day. :sofunny:

Wallace108
09-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Maybe that's why Noll and him didn't get along? Didn't you know that Terry has admitted to being a womanizing, self-centered asshole in his time?

“I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before … my whole life was out of control … I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it,” Bradshaw said in a 2008 interview before he “found Jesus.” "

I mean, yay for Terry for trying to give the guy some advice...but to publicly blast him (again) on a national broadcast, after everything's been said and done, only makes him look like an asshat and a hypocrite.

They must have been REALLY strict on all that "womanizing" stuff that went on back in the day. :sofunny:

Great post, SCM. Terry said something along the lines of players need to think about 3 letters ... NFL, not TMZ. Luckily for Terry, TMZ wasn't around when he played.

SacknificentStew56
09-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Something's you just gotta let go. I could understand your rants if the broad involved was your daughter but she's not tied to you in no way, whatsoever.

Glace
09-13-2010, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud0GK_FKDIg

Crappy quality, but the audio is what's important. I wanted to keep it small.

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 05:34 AM

WHY does that apply for Terry and not for Ben. I agree with you by the way.

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 05:35 AM

Charges have nothing to do with it. He violated the CONDUCT POLICY lol

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 05:38 AM

Most professional athletes are womanizers. No newsflash but Ben has been accussed for rape twice within a year. That doesnt happen to all athletes. In fact it has NEVER happened in the history of sports (twice in a year).

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Great post, SCM. Terry said something along the lines of players need to think about 3 letters ... NFL, not TMZ. Luckily for Terry, TMZ wasn't around when he played.

Well TMZ etc IS around now. Use your computer and go dig up some similar dirt on Bradshaw. If he did it, its on the record. Here is your chance to bury Bradshaw. Lets see if you find any similar incidents.

zulater
09-13-2010, 06:35 AM
Charges have nothing to do with it. He violated the CONDUCT POLICY lol

Yeah and that has nothing to do with the fact I think Terry needs to stand down on Ben's situation. At this point he should have enough respect for the Rooney' to respect the decision they've made to go foward wit Ben after he serves his suspension.

It's one thing for Terry to make his opinion known as far as the reduction of the suspension, but it's another thing entirely to basically insist that Ben hasn't got the right to play for the Steelers again.

zulater
09-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Most professional athletes are womanizers. No newsflash but Ben has been accussed for rape twice within a year. That doesnt happen to all athletes. In fact it has NEVER happened in the history of sports (twice in a year).

Yeah and in the first case the allegation was specious at best, and Ben has counter sued. And there's evidence to strongly suggest that the second allegation was brought about by a third party, a friend of the accuser who was predisposed against Ben to the point that she openly reffered to him as a rapist and was kicked out of the VIP area as a resutl prior to any second occurance taking place.It's not uncommon for alchol fueled sorority girls to make false allegations of rape, particualry when egged on by their sorority sisters, and in this case one strongly predisposed to Ben due to the prior allegation. So in other words there is linkage between the allegations, just it's not what Ben's detractors think.

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 07:10 AM
Yeah and that has nothing to do with the fact I think Terry needs to stand down on Ben's situation. At this point he should have enough respect for the Rooney' to respect the decision they've made to go foward wit Ben after he serves his suspension.

It's one thing for Terry to make his opinion known as far as the reduction of the suspension, but it's another thing entirely to basically insist that Ben hasn't got the right to play for the Steelers again.

Its his opinion. You have yours and he has his. WHY arent ANY players coming to Bens defense? Answer that. Do you know why? Because he has put ALL NFL players in a bad light and they arent happy with him. Guys will be under scrutiny at bars/clubs because of the attention both of Bens situations have brought to the league and the players. NOT ONE NFL Player has come to Bens defense in regards to his actions and to me that speaks volumes.

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 07:20 AM
Yeah and in the first case the allegation was specious at best, and Ben has counter sued. And there's evidence to strongly suggest that the second allegation was brought about by a third party, a friend of the accuser who was predisposed against Ben to the point that she openly reffered to him as a rapist and was kicked out of the VIP area as a resutl prior to any second occurance taking place.It's not uncommon for alchol fueled sorority girls to make false allegations of rape, particualry when egged on by their sorority sisters, and in this case one strongly predisposed to Ben due to the prior allegation. So in other words there is linkage between the allegations, just it's not what Ben's detractors think.

Oh a Conspiracy theory. So please explain why BEN is the only one to have this misfortune in the history of professional sports. Why just him? If you had been accussed of rape twice in a year at your job would you still be there? Its not a good look bro I dont care how you try to spin it.

zulater
09-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Oh a Conspiracy theory. So please explain why BEN is the only one to have this misfortune in the history of professional sports. Why just him? If you had been accussed of rape twice in a year at your job would you still be there? Its not a good look bro I dont care how you try to spin it.

No conpriracy theory, it's how the facts of the case add up.

She said he didnt rape her, didn't even know if she had sex with him, the story evolved. Then she supposedly was raped, but watching the interview tapes it looks likes she's seeking answers more than giving them, as if asking what she's saying is plausible giving the physical facts of the case. Then she lawyers up, when the state is in fact her advocate as the alleged victim, then she goes mute and refuses to meet with investigators again.

Then speaking of conspriacy theories, I happen to know that you subscribe to the one that has Ben paying her off at this point. Which is obviously possible, but if so I can guarantee it was intiated on her end. Ben's legal team is too smart to approach an alleged victim in a case with felony charges pending, besause they would not only be subject to felony witness tampering charges, they would also further the DA's case against Ben by implication. So essentially if there was a payoff, it was as much tantamount to extorsion on the accusers part as it was an admission of guilt on Ben's part, because she could have sought civil restitution after Ben was tried criminally. That would bethe normal way of going about it for someone who was truly brutalized in a case of rape.

Anway in my opinion she lied, she knew it, so she lawyered up. And from there he advised her to stop talking to authorities, which is in fact what she did. I have seen no evidence whatsoever that a payoff has occured. Contrast that with Koby Bryant's case where there was no secret a check was written to the accuser.

So in a nut shell,.we have an accuser who changed her story, uneccessarily lawered up, then stopped talking. No theory about it, simply facts.:hatsoff:

SteelCityMom
09-13-2010, 09:25 AM

Yes, I know this is no newsflash. Do you ever wonder why you never heard of professional athletes being accused of rape or sexual assault 20-30 years ago? Do you think it's because it never happened?

Also, Terry has admitted himself that he was guilty of the same things that Goodell suspended Ben for, yet Terry keeps preaching on and on about how horrible Ben is and how the Steelers should have let him go. He's acting like a hypocritical dick.

Like I said, I would understand him wanting to hand out some personal advice, seeing as how Terry has been there and done that, but to continuously bash him in public is nothing but petty bullshit. I ain't buying it.

Third Rail
09-13-2010, 09:53 AM
I'll always love Bradshaw for what he did as a Steeler, but these attacks on Ben are as hyprocritical as you can get. I remember reading an interview with him where he talked about how he was pissing away his football career because he spent every night skirt-chasing in seedy bars; then he finally wised up and took control. But after the story with Ben hit the headlines, Bradshaw started preaching how he never went out or did anything crazy, blah blah blah. He's a damn liar.

And as for Ben... I've read everything I could about both allegations. Yes, it looks really, really bad when someone is accused of rape twice in a year. But look at the cases individually. The first one was an obvious money grab/cry for attention by a clearly unbalanced individual. Someone who reportedly told people she was going to have Ben's baby. Someone who dreamed up an imaginary relationship with a soldier online.

Now, if you look at the facts and determine that the first accusation was bogus, then the whole "two accusations in one year" thing isn't so relevant, is it?

As for the second case... what I'm guessing happened there is that Ben and that girl were hooking up all night long and paired off into the bathroom to close the deal. Once there, I figure one of two things happened: 1. they had some form of sexual contact or 2. Ben realized that the situation could spell trouble if he did have contact with her, so he hightailed it out of there before anything happened. And the result, one way or the other, was her friends talking her into crying rape. The "he didn't rape me - oh, wait he did" statements, the "I ran away and just happened to end up in a bathroom" stuff... it all wreaks of BS.

Of course, I wasn't in Georgia or Nevada and I have no way of knowing 100% what happened in either incident. All I know is that there wasn't sufficient evidence EITHER time to charge the man, and both stories have a lot of holes. So I refuse to try and convict the man in my mind. People just want to string Ben up because they've found him to be a jerk off the field. I understand believing the worst about someone who is rude to you, but there are limits to that, or at least there should be. STIFFING A BILL AT A RESTAURANT OR REFUSING TO SIGN AN AUTOGRAPH DOES NOT MAKE YOU A SEXUAL PREDATOR.

And for everyone who wants to criticize me for "selling my soul for football victories" or whatever... perhaps you should also take some time to lash out at every Kobe Bryant fan out there, and everyone who laughed at Mike Tyson's scenes in The Hangover. Because those guys were actually CHARGED, and one of them was convicted.

stb_steeler
09-13-2010, 01:50 PM

Sounds to me TB did the same thing, looks like he got a second chance why not Ben?. Dont cast the stones if he himself lives in the glass house.

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 02:33 PM
No conpriracy theory, it's how the facts of the case add up.

She said he didnt rape her, didn't even know if she had sex with him, the story evolved. Then she supposedly was raped, but watching the interview tapes it looks likes she's seeking answers more than giving them, as if asking what she's saying is plausible giving the physical facts of the case. Then she lawyers up, when the state is in fact her advocate as the alleged victim, then she goes mute and refuses to meet with investigators again.

Then speaking of conspriacy theories, I happen to know that you subscribe to the one that has Ben paying her off at this point. Which is obviously possible, but if so I can guarantee it was intiated on her end. Ben's legal team is too smart to approach an alleged victim in a case with felony charges pending, besause they would not only be subject to felony witness tampering charges, they would also further the DA's case against Ben by implication. So essentially if there was a payoff, it was as much tantamount to extorsion on the accusers part as it was an admission of guilt on Ben's part, because she could have sought civil restitution after Ben was tried criminally. That would bethe normal way of going about it for someone who was truly brutalized in a case of rape.

Anway in my opinion she lied, she knew it, so she lawyered up. And from there he advised her to stop talking to authorities, which is in fact what she did. I have seen no evidence whatsoever that a payoff has occured. Contrast that with Koby Bryant's case where there was no secret a check was written to the accuser.

So in a nut shell,.we have an accuser who changed her story, uneccessarily lawered up, then stopped talking. No theory about it, simply facts.:hatsoff:

Ben has been accussed twice, those are the facts. I dont want to rehash the details again, I see you do so feel freem My contention is that Bradshaw has the right to speak his mind. Ben violated the conduct policy and embarrassed the Steelers and every player in the league. Those are the facts. I dont care if Ben paid her off (its irrelevant) I do find it odd that no civil suit has surfaced but I digress. Of course you think she lied. You could have footage of the act and STILL say she lied, you are in that deep lol.
You can bring up Koby all you like but here is the difference. His accusser had 3 different males pubic hair in her panties. And Bryant wasnt accissed twice in one year, there is the difference. Fact is Ben is not on or team and he is hurting the steelers again and Bradshaw is speaking his mind. What did you do when all the media outlets were talking about Ben? Did you bang your head on the wall? Funny the Steeler players dont like Ben either, Another fact. So........They agree with Bradshaw.

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 02:35 PM
I'll always love Bradshaw for what he did as a Steeler, but these attacks on Ben are as hyprocritical as you can get. I remember reading an interview with him where he talked about how he was pissing away his football career because he spent every night skirt-chasing in seedy bars; then he finally wised up and took control. But after the story with Ben hit the headlines, Bradshaw started preaching how he never went out or did anything crazy, blah blah blah. He's a damn liar.

And as for Ben... I've read everything I could about both allegations. Yes, it looks really, really bad when someone is accused of rape twice in a year. But look at the cases individually. The first one was an obvious money grab/cry for attention by a clearly unbalanced individual. Someone who reportedly told people she was going to have Ben's baby. Someone who dreamed up an imaginary relationship with a soldier online.

Now, if you look at the facts and determine that the first accusation was bogus, then the whole "two accusations in one year" thing isn't so relevant, is it?

As for the second case... what I'm guessing happened there is that Ben and that girl were hooking up all night long and paired off into the bathroom to close the deal. Once there, I figure one of two things happened: 1. they had some form of sexual contact or 2. Ben realized that the situation could spell trouble if he did have contact with her, so he hightailed it out of there before anything happened. And the result, one way or the other, was her friends talking her into crying rape. The "he didn't rape me - oh, wait he did" statements, the "I ran away and just happened to end up in a bathroom" stuff... it all wreaks of BS.

Of course, I wasn't in Georgia or Nevada and I have no way of knowing 100% what happened in either incident. All I know is that there wasn't sufficient evidence EITHER time to charge the man, and both stories have a lot of holes. So I refuse to try and convict the man in my mind. People just want to string Ben up because they've found him to be a jerk off the field. I understand believing the worst about someone who is rude to you, but there are limits to that, or at least there should be. STIFFING A BILL AT A RESTAURANT OR REFUSING TO SIGN AN AUTOGRAPH DOES NOT MAKE YOU A SEXUAL PREDATOR.

And for everyone who wants to criticize me for "selling my soul for football victories" or whatever... perhaps you should also take some time to lash out at every Kobe Bryant fan out there, and everyone who laughed at Mike Tyson's scenes in The Hangover. Because those guys were actually CHARGED, and one of them was convicted.

So WHY is Ben the ONLY Professional athlete targeted. And if this was Carson Palmer would you feel the same? NOPE

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Yes, I know this is no newsflash. Do you ever wonder why you never heard of professional athletes being accused of rape or sexual assault 20-30 years ago? Do you think it's because it never happened?

Also, Terry has admitted himself that he was guilty of the same things that Goodell suspended Ben for, yet Terry keeps preaching on and on about how horrible Ben is and how the Steelers should have let him go. He's acting like a hypocritical dick.

Like I said, I would understand him wanting to hand out some personal advice, seeing as how Terry has been there and done that, but to continuously bash him in public is nothing but petty bullshit. I ain't buying it.

Pete Rozell never had a conduct policy because the players were not as unruly as todays players. Terry has NEVER admitted to being accussed of rape. That is what Ben is suspended for. Terry meant he chased women, there is a difference between chasing women and being accussed of sexually assaulting them. Someone please produce any article where Terry is admitting to being accused of rape.

Lastly, yes it happend and I recall Thomas Hollywood Henderson and som lady in a wheelchair and rape etc. I remember that story from back in the 70's. That got coverage and so did any and all screw ups by athletes. That goes from David Thompson doing cocain, Mike Tyson getting convicted of rape in the 80's to Dave Winfield catching stds in the 70's. All that stuff got reported.Even Ali being a womanizer in the 60's, Mickey Mantle and Babe before that. If it happened there is a record of it.

toughsticks87
09-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Terry reminds me of Charles Barkley. I want both of them to STFU.

steeltheone
09-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Love TB ....He tried to help BR7 before all this happened and Ben acted arrogant. You reep what you sow.

SteelCityMom
09-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Pete Rozell never had a conduct policy because the players were not as unruly as todays players. Terry has NEVER admitted to being accussed of rape. That is what Ben is suspended for. Terry meant he chased women, there is a difference between chasing women and being accussed of sexually assaulting them. Someone please produce any article where Terry is admitting to being accused of rape.

Lastly, yes it happend and I recall Thomas Hollywood Henderson and som lady in a wheelchair and rape etc. I remember that story from back in the 70's. That got coverage and so did any and all screw ups by athletes. That goes from David Thompson doing cocain, Mike Tyson getting convicted of rape in the 80's to Dave Winfield catching stds in the 70's. All that stuff got reported.Even Ali being a womanizer in the 60's, Mickey Mantle and Babe before that. If it happened there is a record of it.

That's so cute that you think athletes were not as unruly as players today. No, it's just the criminal policies of the NFL and the nation as a whole (for things like drunk driving, drugs, domestic violence, sexual harassment etc.) were much different (meaning more lenient) than they are now. As is the media frenzy behind every players move.

Women didn't report sexual assaults and rapes as freely as they do now, and they certainly didn't make false reports (at least as often). And being a womanizer was a-ok by most standards. It was pretty well accepted for married and unmarried athletes alike to be "ladies men".

Terry knows that if he played by todays standards, many of the things he and others did as players in the 70s, that they would be under the same kind of scrutiny Ben is. Plain and simple. I'll say it one more time...I can understand Terry wanting to give Ben personal advice on how to handle the pressures a player is under to be someone else, but continually bashing him in public only makes Terry look like a hypocritical tool.

Third Rail
09-13-2010, 03:18 PM
So WHY is Ben the ONLY Professional athlete targeted. And if this was Carson Palmer would you feel the same? NOPE

FACT: I've never made a "Stabby Ray" joke about Ray Lewis, and I hate him more than any other player, so I would assume that if Carson Palmer was accused of a heinous crime and there wasn't sufficient evidence to prove that he actually did anything wrong, I wouldn't condemn him either.

And even if there was, I wouldn't anyway because no one cares enough about Carson Palmer to bother.

And Ben wasn't the only athlete targeted. He might have been the only athlete targeted TWICE, but it was bound to happen to someone sooner or later.

And why the hell do you have a Ben avatar if you think he's guilty? I would conclude that you're clearly sicker than the people who believe he's innocent because I guess you're supporting a man you believe to be a rapist.

DoctorCAD
09-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Downbylaw raped me.

DoctorCAD
09-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Downbylaw raped me again

DoctorCAD
09-13-2010, 03:28 PM
There, now you have been accused twice of rape.

I submit that you should be thrown off this and any other football board for conduct unbecoming of a poster.

Silly, huh? Sound familiar?

SteelKnight
09-13-2010, 04:02 PM

I submit that you should be thrown off this and any other football board for conduct unbecoming of a poster.

People forget that women can lie too. Sure, they are less violent than men because of hormones, but they can lie equally.

Third Rail
09-13-2010, 04:09 PM

:rofl:

That was a good one.

SteelerEmpire
09-13-2010, 04:17 PM
People gave Bradshaw a hard time when he was QB... now Bradshaw is just as bad as the people that called him dumb and an idiot... How ironic...

Atlanta Dan
09-13-2010, 04:55 PM
As his broadcast career draws to a close (I have always liked him but he retired a quarter century ago - it would be as if Otto Graham was doing the pregame show when TB played) Bradshaw has reached the point where he just stirs the pot to get quoted

Bob Smizik of the P-G, who has pretty good rep for being even tempered, took this shot at Bradshaw on P-G+ today

I have a strong bias against Bradshaw. He will say anything at any time. I assume you are talking about his comments about Roethlisberger, which I did not see but heard about. Bradshaw will say anything at any time. I would not, for example, be the least bit surprised if I read he guested on a talk show Sunday night and praised Roethlisberger. That's the way he does business. I have no respect for him. I never watch his show. But for a guy that was branded stupid early in his Steelers career, he sure is pretty smart.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/bob-smizik-chat

MasterOfPuppets
09-13-2010, 05:05 PM

:shout: MODS !!! we have a repeat offender on the board .

zulater
09-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Ben has been accussed twice, those are the facts. I dont want to rehash the details again, I see you do so feel freem My contention is that Bradshaw has the right to speak his mind. Ben violated the conduct policy and embarrassed the Steelers and every player in the league. Those are the facts. I dont care if Ben paid her off (its irrelevant) I do find it odd that no civil suit has surfaced but I digress. Of course you think she lied. You could have footage of the act and STILL say she lied, you are in that deep lol.
You can bring up Koby all you like but here is the difference. His accusser had 3 different males pubic hair in her panties. And Bryant wasnt accissed twice in one year, there is the difference. Fact is Ben is not on or team and he is hurting the steelers again and Bradshaw is speaking his mind. What did you do when all the media outlets were talking about Ben? Did you bang your head on the wall? Funny the Steeler players dont like Ben either, Another fact. So........They agree with Bradshaw.

Go **** off idiot! I read the entire GBI report, if thought the evidence clearly indicated Ben was a rapist i'd say so. and I certainly wouldn't support a player i believed to be a rapist. So again go **** yourself! :fingers: Oh yeah lol. It seems you think you're a funny man, so ha ha I'm funny too now asshole. lol again.

And once again you claim the Steelers players don't like Ben. Wrong asshole, some don't, some do, and so what of it? Bradshaw was more or less despised by his teammates, yet here you sit and tell us how he has a right to tear apart Ben, well becauce Ben isn't popular with his teamamates wonderfull logic. :doh:. Moron!:dang:

LVSteelersfan
09-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Do you have any freakin' clue what the difference between being accused and actually being arrested and convicted are? Anyone can be accused of anything at any time. That does not make it true. These guys are targets because they are millionaires. Get a clue. Ben may have used bad judgement being in that situation. That does not make him a bad person. Quit pretending you are a Steeler fan and bashing Ben at the same time. This team goes NOWHERE without Ben and there is nothing out there that proves he is anything more than an A-hole when it comes to woman. Totally different than being a rapist.

I have known a lot of men who are womanizers and jerks but are not rapists. Unfortunately that is human nature. I know very few men in their 20s who are not out on the prowl looking to get something. That is just life.

And exactly where do you come up with this crap that the players on his own team don't back him up? I want to see some evidence of that by some links. SHOW LINKS or STFU.

Set-Man
09-13-2010, 08:43 PM
I've read about this a bit and have to state my opinion. I understand that Ben got himself in bad situations. All he is guilty of is being an idiot. I would have agreed with a 2 week suspension but 4-6 was too harsh in my opinion. Why? Because the rules and jurisdiction is crap. Goodell suspends who he wants when he wants and there is no rhyme and reason to it. People get DUI's and do outrageous things but there is no action. Why doesn't he have a wriiten law on offenses/consequences? He just makes up stuff when he feels like it. This wouldn't even fly in my son's kindergarten class.

Saying this I can understand that we all have opinions but stating it over and over on TV is ridiculous. I have excused TB's opinions in the past but this pisses me off. State your opinion once and move on. Not happy with TB right now.

Downbylaw
09-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Do you have any freakin' clue what the difference between being accused and actually being arrested and convicted are? Anyone can be accused of anything at any time. That does not make it true. These guys are targets because they are millionaires. Get a clue. Ben may have used bad judgement being in that situation. That does not make him a bad person. Quit pretending you are a Steeler fan and bashing Ben at the same time. This team goes NOWHERE without Ben and there is nothing out there that proves he is anything more than an A-hole when it comes to woman. Totally different than being a rapist.

I have known a lot of men who are womanizers and jerks but are not rapists. Unfortunately that is human nature. I know very few men in their 20s who are not out on the prowl looking to get something. That is just life.

And exactly where do you come up with this crap that the players on his own team don't back him up? I want to see some evidence of that by some links. SHOW LINKS or STFU.

Show me ONE Steelers player coming to Bens defense. One comment like "Ben has plenty of chicks he doesnt need to rape anyone". Just one. You wont find it. Ifs a FACT that the Steelers dont like BEn. A fact. So you side with Ben and I will side with the STEELERS. Ok?

Downbylaw
09-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Go **** off idiot! I read the entire GBI report, if thought the evidence clearly indicated Ben was a rapist i'd say so. and I certainly wouldn't support a player i believed to be a rapist. So again go **** yourself! :fingers: Oh yeah lol. It seems you think you're a funny man, so ha ha I'm funny too now asshole. lol again.

And once again you claim the Steelers players don't like Ben. Wrong asshole, some don't, some do, and so what of it? Bradshaw was more or less despised by his teammates, yet here you sit and tell us how he has a right to tear apart Ben, well becauce Ben isn't popular with his teamamates wonderfull logic. :doh:. Moron!:dang:

I never said Ben was a rapist. Why are you so upset? All I said was WHY is he the ONLY one getting accussed? Answer that.
Calm down buddy its a message board. Ben is not a captain, who voted on that? The players did. Ben has ONE Team MVP in his career as a Steeler. Who votes on that? The players do. Again, they dont like him. There is a reason for that sir.

MACH1
09-14-2010, 11:02 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/poolman09/retard.jpg

Downbylaw
09-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Nice photo, sitll doesnt erase the fact that the Steelers dont like him. They are bonding closer and closer

http://www.steelersgab.com/2010/04/13/prisco-roethlisberger-arrogant-teammates-dont-like-him/

zulater
09-14-2010, 01:04 PM
I never said Ben was a rapist. Why are you so upset? All I said was WHY is he the ONLY one getting accussed? Answer that.
Calm down buddy its a message board. Ben is not a captain, who voted on that? The players did. Ben has ONE Team MVP in his career as a Steeler. Who votes on that? The players do. Again, they dont like him. There is a reason for that sir.

I'm pissed off because you've claimed that I would knowingly support a rapist if he was on my team. when this all first went down the first thing i told my son was that two allegations spelled major trouble and chances were better than 50/50 that Ben had taken his last snap as a Steeler. In fact I went so far as to say that if charges were filed he was done, period. And I was fine with that. But when it looked likely that Ben wouldn't be charged I decided to open my mind and see what the story might be. the more information i gathered the more likely it appeared to me that the charges were as likely untrue as true, then as a few more things came to light I started to think the evidence supports the notion that the allegations came about as a result of peer pressure.

Bottom line the more I learned of the case the more likely it appeared that Ben didn't commit a crime, therefore supporting the notion that he deserves a second chance isn't distastefull.

Now would I have bothered to learn as much about the case if it had been a player from another team? No probably not, but at the same token i think thisone's pretty simple for an open minded person, no charges, + inconsistent witness statements+ uncooperative witness who unnessarily lawered up = Ben getting the benifit of the doubt.

Regardless I can give you other boards that contain posts i wrote going back 4-5 years, you wont find one post where I call Ray Ray a killer or say he doesn't deserve to be in the league. I've defended Donte Stallworth's right to return to the league. So honestly given the facts of this case if Ben played for anoter team I would most likely despise him for having been an asshole, but i wouldn't be one of the people calling him Rapistberger, or saying he isn't entitled to return to the league.

Oh and you're wrong about the other players not liking him, some do some don't. In fact I would say his popularity in the lockerrom while not overwhelming is certainly stronger than yours is here. :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
09-14-2010, 01:06 PM
That's a great article. Too bad the guy claims things to be 100% true, yet never quotes anyone. I wonder why that is. You should be more careful what you post as "evidence". You're sitting here blasting people for not searching high and low on the internet for proof that someone took Ben's side (which James Harrison did...but I'm too lazy to look up the specific article the quote was from, feel free though), yet you post an opinion piece...with no commentary (not even fake made up quotes) from other teammates saying they hate Ben.

Besides...you're sitting here saying Ben was a bad teammate and no one liked him (for reasons unknown to us all, it has nothing to do with the discussion of TB), yet fail to realize that TB was disliked by many of his teammates.

Your points just aren't making much sense here, and I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue anymore. Are you just arguing to hear yourself type?

zulater
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/13714324/detail.html

•Roethlisberger and Max Starks and the rest of the offensive line took part in a mass Mini ride to camp, possibly inspired by teammate James Harrison's arrival last year in a smart car.

"It's always good to have Ben around. He's one of our inspirations and he's one of our brothers, so it's always good to have him. We're glad he drove up here with us. It's always good to see him in the mix with us," guard Chris Kemoeatu said.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10255/1086995-66.stm

"He'll walk in with his head high, ready to work, ready to help us," said defensive end Brett Keisel, one of Mr. Roethlisberger's best friends on the team. "I think that's got to be your mentality -- to come in and make us all stronger. We all understand the situation and we're all going to welcome him with open arms.

"I think everyone will be happy he's back, regardless where we are, record-wise. He's one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. To have a guy like that back on the field, it helps."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10255/1086995-66.stm#ixzz0zWtFBhil

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/04/steelers-de-aaron-smith-says-he-wants-ben-roethlisberger-back-as-a-teammate/1

Fellow teammate Willie Colon, who was with Roethlisberger the night he was accused of sexual assault in Georgia, told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review he plans on sticking with the QB:

"Whatever he has to go through, I'm going to stand behind him, not only as a teammate, but as his friend and a brother. I'm going to make sure he gets through it."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2010-06-01-ben-roethlisberger-returns_N.htm

"He was excited, and that's what you wanted," Dixon said. "He loves what he does, and getting back on the field, it was great to see his familiar face."

Randle El is convinced Roethlisberger has undergone considerable soul-searching the last three months and is determined to become a better person.

"Any time you go through something, it makes you step back and take a look and evaluate, who you're hanging around with and who you're involved with, it makes you do a little bit of an evaluation of your life," Randle El said.

his teammates are offering Roethlisberger any support he wants, Randle El said. They hope that the public eventually comes around, too.

"We've all been through different things, we've all made different mistakes," Randle El said. "When you make those mistakes, as a player, as a friend, as anybody, you've got to have forgiveness in your heart. To be able to forget and move on, that's the kind of thing you have to do and expect. Not just from players but from friends and family, and even everybody that was involved. Everybody makes mistakes, but you can't hold onto it for life."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5238508

“ He's a man and everybody makes mistakes. I just feel like he's the leader of our team. Anytime he comes back we accept him for who he is. " Mike Wallace

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-04-02/steelers-lt-max-starks-well-always-be-there-for-ben-roethlisberger

Q: Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault of a woman in Georgia. What are your thoughts on his situation?
A: Ben is our quarterback. He’s a friend of mine. I support him in whatever happens. I wasn’t there; I haven’t talked to him about it. But we’ll always be there as teammates and as a team to uplift him. But that’s something he has to go through and deal with.

Q: Does he need to stop putting himself in these situations?
A: When you put people on pedestals, you’re always looking to knock them off those pedestals. That’s just the nature of our society. If it was any regular guy doing this, it wouldn’t be an issue. But because it’s a professional athlete, a Super Bowl-winning quarterback, the magnitude is that much greater, the scope is that much wider, the margin for error is that much less.

Max Starks

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-04-02/steelers-lt-max-starks-well-always-be-there-for-ben-roethlisberger#ixzz0zWzDN4as

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1173937/index.htm

Ben just wasn't equipped to be a famous person. He didn't know how to handle it. Now you'll see more of a normal guy who just wants to play football." Veteran wideout Hines Ward, who has been bluntly critical of Roethlisberger at times, said the quarterback has been making "a valiant effort" to be a better teammate.

LVSteelersfan
09-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Great, someone found some links that prove that not all of Ben's teammates despise him. DBL, come up with some that say they do not like him please. I bet there is no such thing except maybe for some stupid journalist writing crap to try to sensationalize things. I do not defend Ben's stupidity, but I also do not condemn him on allegations that have not been proved.

•Roethlisberger and Max Starks and the rest of the offensive line took part in a mass Mini ride to camp, possibly inspired by teammate James Harrison's arrival last year in a smart car.

"It's always good to have Ben around. He's one of our inspirations and he's one of our brothers, so it's always good to have him. We're glad he drove up here with us. It's always good to see him in the mix with us," guard Chris Kemoeatu said.

"He'll walk in with his head high, ready to work, ready to help us," said defensive end Brett Keisel, one of Mr. Roethlisberger's best friends on the team. "I think that's got to be your mentality -- to come in and make us all stronger. We all understand the situation and we're all going to welcome him with open arms.

"I think everyone will be happy he's back, regardless where we are, record-wise. He's one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. To have a guy like that back on the field, it helps."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/04/steelers-de-aaron-smith-says-he-wants-ben-roethlisberger-back-as-a-teammate/1

Fellow teammate Willie Colon, who was with Roethlisberger the night he was accused of sexual assault in Georgia, told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review he plans on sticking with the QB:

"Whatever he has to go through, I'm going to stand behind him, not only as a teammate, but as his friend and a brother. I'm going to make sure he gets through it."

Downbylaw
09-14-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm pissed off because you've claimed that I would knowingly support a rapist if he was on my team. when this all first went down the first thing i told my son was that two allegations spelled major trouble and chances were better than 50/50 that Ben had taken his last snap as a Steeler. In fact I went so far as to say that if charges were filed he was done, period. And I was fine with that. But when it looked likely that Ben wouldn't be charged I decided to open my mind and see what the story might be. the more information i gathered the more likely it appeared to me that the charges were as likely untrue as true, then as a few more things came to light I started to think the evidence supports the notion that the allegations came about as a result of peer pressure.

Bottom line the more I learned of the case the more likely it appeared that Ben didn't commit a crime, therefore supporting the notion that he deserves a second chance isn't distastefull.

Now would I have bothered to learn as much about the case if it had been a player from another team? No probably not, but at the same token i think thisone's pretty simple for an open minded person, no charges, + inconsistent witness statements+ uncooperative witness who unnessarily lawered up = Ben getting the benifit of the doubt.

Regardless I can give you other boards that contain posts i wrote going back 4-5 years, you wont find one post where I call Ray Ray a killer or say he doesn't deserve to be in the league. I've defended Donte Stallworth's right to return to the league. So honestly given the facts of this case if Ben played for anoter team I would most likely despise him for having been an asshole, but i wouldn't be one of the people calling him Rapistberger, or saying he isn't entitled to return to the league.

Oh and you're wrong about the other players not liking him, some do some don't. In fact I would say his popularity in the lockerrom while not overwhelming is certainly stronger than yours is here. :chuckle:

You have a bias and thats my point. Plain and simple. I dont know if Ben commited a crime I wasnt there. Just because someone is not charged does not mean they are innocent, thats crazy. Similarly just because someone is accused does not mean they are guilty. YOU NOR I know what happened. I will NEVER say Ben is a rapist, nor will i EVER say he is innocent because frankly, I dont know and for me to say one way or the other would be conjecture.

Its a fact that Ben is not liked by his teammates. Did I say ALL? No I did not. Lastly, this is a message board so your claim that no one like me here means what? Nobody like Jesus Christ either so you can see how misguided the masses can be. Never would I claim to Be Jesus just highlighting a principle.

Downbylaw
09-14-2010, 08:04 PM
That's a great article. Too bad the guy claims things to be 100% true, yet never quotes anyone. I wonder why that is. You should be more careful what you post as "evidence". You're sitting here blasting people for not searching high and low on the internet for proof that someone took Ben's side (which James Harrison did...but I'm too lazy to look up the specific article the quote was from, feel free though), yet you post an opinion piece...with no commentary (not even fake made up quotes) from other teammates saying they hate Ben.

Besides...you're sitting here saying Ben was a bad teammate and no one liked him (for reasons unknown to us all, it has nothing to do with the discussion of TB), yet fail to realize that TB was disliked by many of his teammates.

Your points just aren't making much sense here, and I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue anymore. Are you just arguing to hear yourself type?

Shall I post a piece by BEN HIMSELF saying that he was shocked that they didnt like him? Ok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kyadviN88

Thats right out of Bens mouth is the enough proof for you? So what did Ben start doing? He started taking his linemen out etc. Now if you had a boyfriend and he didnt show you any love and then someone told him he should treat you better. Would that be genuine? If you genuinely like someone no one will have to tell you to show it.

I never said they HATE Ben. I said "They dont like him" and they dont. Ben has ONE team MVP. Ben is not voted captain. For a so called leader of his team he sure doesnt have any team MVPs. Why do you think that is? ESPECIALLY after his 2007 season, he should have won it BUT his TEAMMATES voted James Harrison team MVP. Look at all the evidence. Its right in your face but people see what they want to see. Lastly, again, NOT ONE Steeler came forward and said anything close to this. "Ben doesnt have to force himself on women. He has plenty of women" etc.
Why not?

Downbylaw
09-14-2010, 08:08 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2010-06-01-ben-roethlisberger-returns_N.htm

"He was excited, and that's what you wanted," Dixon said. "He loves what he does, and getting back on the field, it was great to see his familiar face."

Randle El is convinced Roethlisberger has undergone considerable soul-searching the last three months and is determined to become a better person.

"Any time you go through something, it makes you step back and take a look and evaluate, who you're hanging around with and who you're involved with, it makes you do a little bit of an evaluation of your life," Randle El said.

his teammates are offering Roethlisberger any support he wants, Randle El said. They hope that the public eventually comes around, too.

"We've all been through different things, we've all made different mistakes," Randle El said. "When you make those mistakes, as a player, as a friend, as anybody, you've got to have forgiveness in your heart. To be able to forget and move on, that's the kind of thing you have to do and expect. Not just from players but from friends and family, and even everybody that was involved. Everybody makes mistakes, but you can't hold onto it for life."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5238508

“ He's a man and everybody makes mistakes. I just feel like he's the leader of our team. Anytime he comes back we accept him for who he is. " Mike Wallace

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-04-02/steelers-lt-max-starks-well-always-be-there-for-ben-roethlisberger

Q: Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault of a woman in Georgia. What are your thoughts on his situation?
A: Ben is our quarterback. He’s a friend of mine. I support him in whatever happens. I wasn’t there; I haven’t talked to him about it. But we’ll always be there as teammates and as a team to uplift him. But that’s something he has to go through and deal with.

Q: Does he need to stop putting himself in these situations?
A: When you put people on pedestals, you’re always looking to knock them off those pedestals. That’s just the nature of our society. If it was any regular guy doing this, it wouldn’t be an issue. But because it’s a professional athlete, a Super Bowl-winning quarterback, the magnitude is that much greater, the scope is that much wider, the margin for error is that much less.

Max Starks

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-04-02/steelers-lt-max-starks-well-always-be-there-for-ben-roethlisberger#ixzz0zWzDN4as

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1173937/index.htm

Ben just wasn't equipped to be a famous person. He didn't know how to handle it. Now you'll see more of a normal guy who just wants to play football." Veteran wideout Hines Ward, who has been bluntly critical of Roethlisberger at times, said the quarterback has been making "a valiant effort" to be a better teammate.

And you can find T.O'S teammates saying the SAME things about him. If Ben has all that love then WHY does he only have ONE Team MVP? Why didnt they vote him captain? Now is the clincher, hear it from BENS OWN MOUTH how he felt when he realized he wasnt liked. Refute that sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kyadviN88

Downbylaw
09-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Great, someone found some links that prove that not all of Ben's teammates despise him. DBL, come up with some that say they do not like him please. I bet there is no such thing except maybe for some stupid journalist writing crap to try to sensationalize things. I do not defend Ben's stupidity, but I also do not condemn him on allegations that have not been proved.

How about the words of Ben Roethlisberger himself?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kyadviN88

SteelCityMom
09-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Shall I post a piece by BEN HIMSELF saying that he was shocked that they didnt like him? Ok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kyadviN88

Thats right out of Bens mouth is the enough proof for you? So what did Ben start doing? He started taking his linemen out etc. Now if you had a boyfriend and he didnt show you any love and then someone told him he should treat you better. Would that be genuine? If you genuinely like someone no one will have to tell you to show it.

I never said they HATE Ben. I said "They dont like him" and they dont. Ben has ONE team MVP. Ben is not voted captain. For a so called leader of his team he sure doesnt have any team MVPs. Why do you think that is? ESPECIALLY after his 2007 season, he should have won it BUT his TEAMMATES voted James Harrison team MVP. Look at all the evidence. Its right in your face but people see what they want to see. Lastly, again, NOT ONE Steeler came forward and said anything close to this. "Ben doesnt have to force himself on women. He has plenty of women" etc.
Why not?

You started this conversation by saying that no teammates of Bens ever came out and supported him after the allegations. Then you gave an example of what a teammate would say in his defense. I guess none of us knew that the example was the exact quotes you were looking for.

There are already enough examples provided of how his teammates supported him.

Everybody already knows about the issues that Ben had with the rest of the team. It was talked about by Ben, Batch, Porter and a few others in previous years. Apparently he's gained some respect in that area.

As for not being voted captain...you don't know the real reasons anymore than the rest of us do. Just because he wasn't voted captain (after a very rough offseason) doesn't mean they don't respect him as a teammate.

Again, this isn't what this thread is about though...this was about Terry blasting Ben again for things that Terry did when he was a QB.

stb_steeler
09-14-2010, 09:17 PM
The only reason Ben wasnt voted Capt. is because he's out 4 games.....Cant be a master of the ship if ya aint riding the ship.
(sorry if off topic) (Quote: Tunch Ilkin)

Downbylaw
09-14-2010, 09:39 PM
You started this conversation by saying that no teammates of Bens ever came out and supported him after the allegations. Then you gave an example of what a teammate would say in his defense. I guess none of us knew that the example was the exact quotes you were looking for.

Everybody already knows about the issues that Ben had with the rest of the team. It was talked about by Ben, Batch, Porter and a few others in previous years. Apparently he's gained some respect in that area.

As for not being voted captain...you don't know the real reasons anymore than the rest of us do. Just because he wasn't voted captain (after a very rough offseason) doesn't mean they don't respect him as a teammate.

Again, this isn't what this thread is about though...this was about Terry blasting Ben again for things that Terry did when he was a QB.

I specifically said no teammates said "Ben doesnt need to force himself on women" etc. NO teammate came out and said that. That was my premise.

What the teammates said is and what they did DON'T mesh.
I never said they dont respect him. I said they dont like him. Big difference.
Terry doesnt like him either but he is not bound by the Rooneys so he doesnt have to hold his tongue. Speaking of the Rooneys, their initial reaction offers a lot of insight as to how Ben is perceived in the burgh. Worth noting.

Downbylaw
09-14-2010, 09:41 PM
The only reason Ben wasnt voted Capt. is because he's out 4 games.....Cant be a master of the ship if ya aint riding the ship.
(sorry if off topic) (Quote: Tunch Ilkin)

If Manning or Brady were suspended 4 games, I believe they would be captains. How come Ben has only one Team MVP???
Bradshaw had many and for you guys to put Ben over a Steeler legend like Bradshaw is laughable.Bradshaw can speak his mind if he wants to. If Ben doesnt like it he should take it up with Terry.

zulater
09-14-2010, 10:16 PM

I'm done with him SCM.Tthe guy's a douche, he keeps changing the story to suite himself. Hopefully he can keep hating Ben right through another SB win.

Downbylaw
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm done with him SCM.Tthe guy's a douche, he keeps changing the story to suite himself. Hopefully he can keep hating Ben right through another SB win.

I dont hate Ben. You just hate anyone who criticizes him. Grow up. Calling names again? Sigh. See the difference between you and myself is that If we win a SB with Ben I will be cheering out of control. But with you if we win a SB and Ben is not the starting qb it will be bittersweet. You see I dont root for the Steelers Because Ben is on the team. I root for Ben because he is on my team. Big difference.

StainlessStill
09-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Dude, look through this thread and look how you twist and turn and manipulate everything in your favor. You are the worst kind of fan who thinks their always right even when something so small is said that turns into a rant. Putting words in peoples mouths and directs the whole conversation into a big contradiction. Best troll around. Good job DBL, you're on pace for closing another thread by yourself. This trend can't go unnoticed any longer. This dude needs BANNED. right back down to reality. :wave:

MaidenIndiana
09-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Since Downbylaw obviously hates Big Ben and is not going to convince others to feel the same way, why doesn't he just STFU!:noidea:

zulater
09-15-2010, 05:01 AM
I dont hate Ben. You just hate anyone who criticizes him. Grow up. Calling names again? Sigh. See the difference between you and myself is that If we win a SB with Ben I will be cheering out of control. But with you if we win a SB and Ben is not the starting qb it will be bittersweet. You see I dont root for the Steelers Because Ben is on the team. I root for Ben because he is on my team. Big difference.

Don't claim you know my motivations or mind, that's what pissed me off at you in the first place.

I support Ben against those that attack him and would deny him a second chance because the evidence tells me that he's owed a presumption of innocence.

I support whoever starts for the Steelers be it Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, Dennis dixon, Byron Leftwich, or Charlie Batch.

That said I've seen enough in my time to recognize the difference between an elite quarterback and just another guy lined up behind center.

I don't think it's coincidental that our SB drought started when Bradshaw left and ended with Roethlisberger's emergence, so yeah I'll attack idiotic statements that proclaim that Ben isn't a couple steps above the other qb's currently on our roster or that think he'd be easily replaced.

colescott1
09-15-2010, 07:27 AM
In this thread alone, Downbylaw said:
Most professional athletes are womanizers.
Really? And you are sure this is fact? Please post stats. (Thats what you often refer others to do, right?)

NOT ONE NFL Player has come to Bens defense in regards to his actions and to me that speaks volumes. (And Later) Show me ONE Steelers player coming to Bens defense.
Hmm.. Wrong again. http://www.wpxi.com/news/22953803/detail.html
Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark said he supports Roethlisberger during an ESPN appearance Thursday.

"I think when guys do these things..sometimes guys make mistakes. I'm not his judge or jury. Obviously if we miss Ben for a minute of the game it affects us. But my thing is, to do as a teammate as a friend, is to be there for him if he has any questions or wants to know the pulse of the team. Or how we feel about him. It's to be there and love on him and allow him back to be our leader. We can't look at him and say 'Ben you are doing this and it's affecting us.' How selfish is that as a teammate and as a friend?" Clark said.
(just a quick side note.... a friend is someone who likes you).

So please explain why BEN is the only one to have this misfortune in the history of professional sports.
Wow. Short history. Wrong Again. Have to go all the way back to June 6th, just to find other misdoing ACCUSATIONS about other NFL players. I remember there was also a Colt in question, but I didn't bother with that. One example proves my point. Do I even have to bring up the Vikings "Love Boat"? http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5460528/green_bay_packers_questioned_in_alleged.html
CNN.com reports that several Green Bay Packerswere questioned in an alleged sexual assault incident involving two women in Lake Delton, Wisconsin in the early morning hours Saturday. Of the seven Packers brought in for questioning, all were released with only one man remaining under investigation as a possible suspect.

Guys will be under scrutiny at bars/clubs because of the attention both of Bens situations have brought to the league and the players.
Players have ALWAYS been under scrutiny. Its called the PERSONAL CONDUCT POLICY. You know about it. You love to refer to it.

Ben violated the conduct policy and embarrassed the Steelers and every player in the league. Those are the facts.
WRONG. Did you interview every player in the league? If not, then that is NOT fact, that is conjecture. Something you seem to live on.

Fact is Ben is not on or team and he is hurting the steelers again.
According to other threads by you, Ben wins because of the Steelers, so how is he hurting them? They should do JUST as well without him, if he is just another piece of the puzzle. Please stay straight on your arugments.

TMZ etc IS around now. Use your computer and go dig up some similar dirt on Bradshaw. If he did it, its on the record. From his autobiography, Man Of Steel... "I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before … my whole life was out of control … I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it."

Show me ONE Steelers player coming to Bens defense.
Ifs a FACT that the Steelers dont like BEn. A fact.
Its a fact that Ben is not liked by his teammates. Did I say ALL? No I did not.

Here, you are simply trying to hide behind quantifiers. For our sanity sake, please define "the Steelers". In your book, does it include all 53 men on the roster, plus coaches, etc? Or just the select few that might share your point of view? You started out asking for ONE, and that was provided. (Actually, quite a bit was provided Zulater). Once you read that, and realized you were wrong, (AGAIN), you then go into your "hiding behind the english language" mode.

There. Now...argue that YOU arent the one using conjecture, and broad statements, that have NO sound footing. (Me thinks at times people forget that on message boards, stuff is in writing, and can be referred back to).

Downbylaw
09-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Dude, look through this thread and look how you twist and turn and manipulate everything in your favor. You are the worst kind of fan who thinks their always right even when something so small is said that turns into a rant. Putting words in peoples mouths and directs the whole conversation into a big contradiction. Best troll around. Good job DBL, you're on pace for closing another thread by yourself. This trend can't go unnoticed any longer. This dude needs BANNED. right back down to reality. :wave:

No, YOU think I'm always right and thats why you ALWAYS say that. Banned for what? There you go crying again, never fails. Just ignore me bro, if you are that sensitive. Are you going to Ban Bradshaw too? :tt04:

Downbylaw
09-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Since Downbylaw obviously hates Big Ben and is not going to convince others to feel the same way, why doesn't he just STFU!:noidea:

I dont hate Ben but some of the Steelers and Bradshaw does. So..........

Downbylaw
09-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Don't claim you know my motivations or mind, that's what pissed me off at you in the first place.

I support Ben against those that attack him and would deny him a second chance because the evidence tells me that he's owed a presumption of innocence.

I support whoever starts for the Steelers be it Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, Dennis dixon, Byron Leftwich, or Charlie Batch.

That said I've seen enough in my time to recognize the difference between an elite quarterback and just another guy lined up behind center.

I don't think it's coincidental that our SB drought started when Bradshaw left and ended with Roethlisberger's emergence, so yeah I'll attack idiotic statements that proclaim that Ben isn't a couple steps above the other qb's currently on our roster or that think he'd be easily replaced.

There you go again talking about Bens innocence or guilt. Again, I dont talk about that because I wasnt there. So...........
Oh the same old tired argument about Ben is the reason the drought ended. We just won with a THIRD string qb so whats that tell you? It tells me the STEELERS are good and doesnt take much from the qb just like in SB 40 where the qb didnt show up. Just like in sb 43 we had a 20-7 lead with the qb only passing for 68 yards. It would have been a blowout had he showed up early. Unlike Mr. Bradshaw. Terry played well under the lights and we crushed opponents in his tenure. I still maintain that Bradshaw has the right to speak his mind about what he wants to. Just as Ben does. If Ben doesnt like it he knows how to find Terry.

StainlessStill
09-15-2010, 08:38 AM
No, YOU think I'm always right and thats why you ALWAYS say that. Banned for what? There you go crying again, never fails. Just ignore me bro, if you are that sensitive. Are you going to Ban Bradshaw too? :tt04:

Dude, I'd ban your ass in a second if you weren't in every thread throwin down your diarrhea or nonsense. I'm sensitive to the fact of your horrible posts and illiteracy that have no merit. You're the worst troll around. You seriously are worse than a Clowns fan playing for the same team. Your name appears straight down the page in the midst of other people replys to you. Look in every post you're in, it turns into the same shit and the thread closes. Banning you is impossible. Every thread. If you didn't turn every thread into what you do then I can tolerate you but holy shit dude.:banging:

Downbylaw
09-15-2010, 08:38 AM
In this thread alone, Downbylaw said:
Most professional athletes are womanizers.
Really? And you are sure this is fact? Please post stats. (Thats what you often refer others to do, right?)

NOT ONE NFL Player has come to Bens defense in regards to his actions and to me that speaks volumes. (And Later) Show me ONE Steelers player coming to Bens defense.
Hmm.. Wrong again. http://www.wpxi.com/news/22953803/detail.html
Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark said he supports Roethlisberger during an ESPN appearance Thursday.

"I think when guys do these things..sometimes guys make mistakes. I'm not his judge or jury. Obviously if we miss Ben for a minute of the game it affects us. But my thing is, to do as a teammate as a friend, is to be there for him if he has any questions or wants to know the pulse of the team. Or how we feel about him. It's to be there and love on him and allow him back to be our leader. We can't look at him and say 'Ben you are doing this and it's affecting us.' How selfish is that as a teammate and as a friend?" Clark said.
(just a quick side note.... a friend is someone who likes you).

So please explain why BEN is the only one to have this misfortune in the history of professional sports.
Wow. Short history. Wrong Again. Have to go all the way back to June 6th, just to find other misdoing ACCUSATIONS about other NFL players. I remember there was also a Colt in question, but I didn't bother with that. One example proves my point. Do I even have to bring up the Vikings "Love Boat"? http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5460528/green_bay_packers_questioned_in_alleged.html
CNN.com reports that several Green Bay Packerswere questioned in an alleged sexual assault incident involving two women in Lake Delton, Wisconsin in the early morning hours Saturday. Of the seven Packers brought in for questioning, all were released with only one man remaining under investigation as a possible suspect.

Guys will be under scrutiny at bars/clubs because of the attention both of Bens situations have brought to the league and the players.
Players have ALWAYS been under scrutiny. Its called the PERSONAL CONDUCT POLICY. You know about it. You love to refer to it.

Ben violated the conduct policy and embarrassed the Steelers and every player in the league. Those are the facts.
WRONG. Did you interview every player in the league? If not, then that is NOT fact, that is conjecture. Something you seem to live on.

Fact is Ben is not on or team and he is hurting the steelers again.
According to other threads by you, Ben wins because of the Steelers, so how is he hurting them? They should do JUST as well without him, if he is just another piece of the puzzle. Please stay straight on your arugments.

TMZ etc IS around now. Use your computer and go dig up some similar dirt on Bradshaw. If he did it, its on the record. From his autobiography, Man Of Steel... "I had separated myself from God. I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before … my whole life was out of control … I was trying to be someone else and was doing a rotten job of it."

Show me ONE Steelers player coming to Bens defense.
Ifs a FACT that the Steelers dont like BEn. A fact.
Its a fact that Ben is not liked by his teammates. Did I say ALL? No I did not.

Here, you are simply trying to hide behind quantifiers. For our sanity sake, please define "the Steelers". In your book, does it include all 53 men on the roster, plus coaches, etc? Or just the select few that might share your point of view? You started out asking for ONE, and that was provided. (Actually, quite a bit was provided Zulater). Once you read that, and realized you were wrong, (AGAIN), you then go into your "hiding behind the english language" mode.

There. Now...argue that YOU arent the one using conjecture, and broad statements, that have NO sound footing. (Me thinks at times people forget that on message boards, stuff is in writing, and can be referred back to).

Another futile DESPERATE guy trying prove DBL wrong SIGH

1. According to some statistics, the answer is no. According to the CNN report, famously quotes in a Daily Beast piee about Steve McNair, the percentage of professional athletes who cheat is in the range of 80% to 90% percent

http://www.hiphopmusic.com/best_of_youtube/2009/12/professional_athletes_who_cheat_on_wives_percentag e_is_high.html

http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ncs/newsarch/2001/Aug01/adultery.htm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/213915-infidelity-not-uncommon-among-many-pro-athletes

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/why-infidelity-part-pro-sports-lifestyle

Is that enough facts for you? Of course it isnt lol

2. When I said "Not one Steeler has came to Bens defense" I specifically said In regards to the ALLEGATIONS. If funny no one can ever find a quote along the guidlines that I listed. 'We know Ben. Ben is not like that. He loves women. He doesnt have to force himself on any woman. Woman force themselves on him". Why no such statements from his "friends" or teammates? I just find that odd. I also find it odd that his teammates stripped him of his captain duties. Very interesting.

3. Here is where DESPERATION sets in. I specifically said Ben had "Two allegations in one year. How come he is the ONLY guy in professional sports" etc. But this unclever guy leaves out the two in one year and only posts half of my statement. WOW. Bring up Colts, Packers or even the Love Boat and you STILL wont find ANY professional athlete accussed twice with a year. Only one. Again, your futile desperate attempt gives validation to my statements. Thank you.

4. You said guys will always be under scrutiny because of the Conduct Policy. Sir, the conduct policy isnt even 5 years old and that policy does not put them under scrutiny. It is merely there to police the actions of the players. The reason for its existence is because the PLAYERS were tired of bad apples giving the good apples a bad name so they asked the Commissioner to devise a poliy to keep the players in check. They were so fed up with the bad apples that they gave the Commissioner FULL power to punish as he pleased and allowed him to be the appellate officer as well. That to me sounds like a desperate bunch of players. Now if they (the players) were sick of the Pacman Jones', Michael Vicks, Chris Henry's etc how do you think they feel about the Ben Roethlisbergers? Not a word of support from any NFL players in regard to the allegations is your answer.

5. Ben violated the conduct policy and is now suspended for 4 games. FACT
Ben embarrassed the Steelers now opposing teams call him Rapistberger, the owner ASKED for a suspension, the owner shopped him and the owner was openly upset that he embarrased the team. FACT.
No, I didnt interview every player but NO players spoke out in defense of Roethlisberger, so what does that tell you? They even spoke out in defense of the pig Vick. Why not Ben? Because they dont like the bad light that he put on the players. Nobody coming to his aid in regards to the allegations is proof that he embarrassed them. FACT. When you start debating SEMANTICS, you truly have no ground to stand on.

6. Ben is not on the team so he is hurting them. You know to have such a low post count you sure know ALOT about my posts. Could you be posting under a NOM DE PLUME? Of course you are. I'm flattered lol
Now to answer your question. Ben does win because he is on the Steelers. Does that statement mean EVERY game? No, just in general. You know like SB40, last season vs the Vikes. I also follow that statement with "Put Ben on the Lions and he wouldnt win". Funny you left that off my statement AGAIN. Common theme with you.
Ben is hurting the Steelers in terms of preparation. They have to get qbs ready for snaps who would ordinarily be backups. He is disrupting the tempo of the team. He is expected to be there and when he is not that disrupts the team. His situation is a major distraction. Do you think guys like to answer questions about his situation? I cant believe you are arguing this point. On 2nd thought. Yes I can. lts only PROOF To what I say. "These guys will oppose me on everything just because I say it." Too funny.

7. You take excerpts from Bradshaws book that admits that he chased women etc. This is validation to my earlier point that MOST pro athlets are womanizer. In your eagareness to prove me wrong you helped my cause and didnt even know it. D+ debator at best. Bradshaw admitted to being a womanizer so how is that news? How is that a scandal? How is that embarrasing the STeelers, How is that even remotely close to what Ben has been accussed of? Did Terry get suspened? Did the Rooneys threated to trade him for his actions? Did the cops get summoned for his actions? Again, how are they similar? Are you kidding me? Unfortunately you're not.

8. The Steelers dont like Ben means MOST. I'm not hiding behind the english language at all. I even posted a video with Keisell in it and its CLEAR That he likes Ben. However, THE STEELERS whole team vote on MVP and Captain and THE STEELERS only voted him MVP, one time in his 6 year career with us and THE STEELERS didnt vote him captain this season. So you tell me sir what does that tell you? Ben played his best season in 07 and Harrison got the team MVP. Ben came off of his 2nd best season last year and won Team MVP but was stripped of captain duties. Now, if those statements were GENUINE that Zulater posted and the one by Clark that you posted, then wouldnt they have his back as the statements said? The captaincy vote brought to light what those statement were really about and that is PR in my opinion.

Refer back to anything you like. I love Textual proof. It shows by sheer dominance and all of your persistence to try to prove me wrong is validation of that dominance.

Arrogant? No just having fun with you all.

Downbylaw
09-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Dude, I'd ban your ass in a second if you weren't in every thread throwin down your diarrhea or nonsense. I'm sensitive to the fact of your horrible posts that have no merit. You're the worst troll around. You seriously are worse than a Clowns fan playing for the same team. Your name appears straight down the page in the midst of other people replys to you. Banning you is impossible. Every thread. If you didn't turn every thread into what you do then I can tolerate you but holy shit dude.:banging:

What exactly is Holy sh*t?

Downbylaw
09-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Dude, I'd ban your ass in a second if you weren't in every thread throwin down your diarrhea or nonsense. I'm sensitive to the fact of your horrible posts and illiteracy that have no merit. You're the worst troll around. You seriously are worse than a Clowns fan playing for the same team. Your name appears straight down the page in the midst of other people replys to you. Look in every post you're in, it turns into the same shit and the thread closes. Banning you is impossible. Every thread. If you didn't turn every thread into what you do then I can tolerate you but holy shit dude.:banging:

Dude its a message board. We have differing opinions, whats the big deal. You dont agree with me and I dont agree with you, It doesnt bother me, so why does it bother you.
What do you do in life when a guy doesnt agree with you? Do you call the cops on him? Do you cry? Bro, its called trials, we all go through trials in our lives, its how we handle trials that validate us as individuls.
You are a Steeler fan correct? What should the Steelers do when an opposing team doesnt let them score? Go cry to the Refs and ask the refs to boot the team off the field? Get ahold of yourself and be a man bro, my goodness. Men stand tall through it all. I have the WHOLE board against me and I am all by myself, what do I do? I come out swinging. You dont see me calling any names, I respect all posters but I hit them hard with the facts as I see them. Some dont agree and so what? Not a big deal to me. Lastly, I wouldnt have all these posts if I didnt have all these guys opposing me. Common sense dude.

zulater
09-15-2010, 08:56 AM

And has been pointed out multiple times to you bradshaw was mostly despised by his teammates. So.....

well actually i can add to my so, So your logic is once again convulted. :doh:

Downbylaw
09-15-2010, 09:00 AM
And has been pointed out multiple times to you bradshaw was mostly despised by his teammates. So.....

well actually i can add to my so, So your logic is once again convulted. :doh:

Can you prove that sir?

zulater
09-15-2010, 09:01 AM
If I were a Steeler I wouldn't have voted Ben as a captain either, and it has nothing to do with believing in his guilt or innocence, like or dislike, trust- or not trust, angry- or not.

It comes down to a few things.

1. Heath Miller was more deserving.

2. Ben will have enough on his plate when he comes back, no need to further burden him with captain duties.

3. A captain is meant to represent the team on and off the field, right now isn't the best time for Ben to be representing the team off the field.

StainlessStill
09-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Dude its a message board. We have differing opinions, whats the big deal. You dont agree with me and I dont agree with you, It doesnt bother me, so why does it bother you.
What do you do in life when a guy doesnt agree with you? Do you call the cops on him? Do you cry? Bro, its called trials, we all go through trials in our lives, its how we handle trials that validate us as individuls.
You are a Steeler fan correct? What should the Steelers do when an opposing team doesnt let them score? Go cry to the Refs and ask the refs to boot the team off the field? Get ahold of yourself and be a man bro, my goodness. Men stand tall through it all. I have the WHOLE board against me and I am all by myself, what do I do? I come out swinging. You dont see me calling any names, I respect all posters but I hit them hard with the facts as I see them. Some dont agree and so what? Not a big deal to me. Lastly, I wouldnt have all these posts if I didnt have all these guys opposing me. Common sense dude.

Oh shit, save the Full House moment for another time. Point isn't if we disagree or agree with you. You're 100% right. This is a message board, I disagree with people all the time but we talk in a civilized manor and don't try to go to great lengths to pound our chest over who's more knowledgeable and who's the best or whose right all the time. You even start threads yourself on how right you were right in a situation when, obviously you weren't. Understand how that comes off? And it doesn't stop there. You are a manipulator. You manipulate people into arguing with you and you KNOW what works.

Your arrogants are worse than New England fans I've debated and we play for the same team! You just don't understand how you come off, and that kind of attitude makes for a non-likeable character. and you're one of them.

zulater
09-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Can you prove that sir?

Yeah with a majority rules vote. In fact i wont even settle for a simple majority, If I pose the question right and I don't receive an overwhelming majority ( 75% or better) from our fellow posters I'll concede the point. Interested?

zulater
09-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downbylaw

Let's start here, you say some of the Steelers hate Ben. OK who, what's your prooof?

And I in turn responded with

]And has been pointed out multiple times to you bradshaw was mostly despised by his teammates. So.....

Now apparently you're challenging me on whether Bradshaw was despised by many of his teammates or not.

http://www.tv.com/untold/terry-bradshaw/episode/370337/recap.html?tag=episode_recap;recap

Terry tells the story of all the people he alienated on his way to greatness; his coach, his teammates, and his family. The dramatic reunion with his family members and with the city of Pittsburgh is seen

Bradshaw in his own biograghy admits to some estangement with his teammates, i can't link it but the books are out there, look it up.

Rocky Bleir in his book Fighting Back alludes to how much more support Terry Hanratty had amongst his teammates than BradshAW. Again impossible to link it, but it's out there and can be found and verified. Most of theSteeler players of that era supported Chuck Noll over Bradshaw. It's comon knowledge, no links available.

You see that's just it, it's not always possible to provide a link. So even though you can't provide a link that contains a quote with an actual players name attached to it that saying they hate Ben I'm sure there's a few in the lockerroom.

Bottom line is the below posting you made earliar is patently absurd.
:doh:

:point: And has been pointed out multiple times to you bradshaw was mostly despised by his teammates. So.....

SteelCityMom
09-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Oh shit, save the Full House moment for another time. Point isn't if we disagree or agree with you. You're 100% right. This is a message board, I disagree with people all the time but we talk in a civilized manor and don't try to go to great lengths to pound our chest over who's more knowledgeable and who's the best or whose right all the time. You even start threads yourself on how right you were right in a situation when, obviously you weren't. Understand how that comes off? And it doesn't stop there. You are a manipulator. You manipulate people into arguing with you and you KNOW what works.

Your arrogants are worse than New England fans I've debated and we play for the same team! You just don't understand how you come off, and that kind of attitude makes for a non-likeable character. and you're one of them.

Perfectly said.

We all know this is a message board. We all know that we're not going to agree with everyone. What people don't like is having opinions force fed to them, which is what you do DBL.

You think some people just disagree with you to disagree with you...that's not the case. They disagree with you b/c they think you're wrong and have a different opinion on a matter. At this point, you bust in and start bullying your views on the matter and start generalizing that you are the only one that can be right about this or that, and that everyone is against you. It's narcissistic and annoying. I personally wish everyone would just ignore it and move on.

I don't care if people have differing opinions. If you go peek into the locker room you'll notice there's two threads with religious undertones in which people are debating civilly. Imagine that. It's more peaceful in the threads about Muslims than it is in a good number of Steelers threads. Kind of sad.

I'm getting real sick of all these threads devolving into whether or not Ben did this, or who hates Ben, or does Ben have good enough stats, or did Ben sleep with my dog yadda yadda yadda yadda. I'm just going to start merging them into one giant thread called "the clusterfvck", cause that's all any of this is turning into. And no, it's no coincidence that every thread that goes down this coarse or gets closed has you involved smack dab in the center.

stb_steeler
09-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Still havent found that iggy button Stainless?.......:rofl:

steelerfan29_99
09-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Yea Terry just needs to get over it..I love Terry as a Steeler, an Actor and Commentator..but he seriously sounded like he's upset that Steeler Nation has another QB that's taking away his spotlight. Terry was great during his day but this is now and Ben is the face of the Steelers and Terry just needs to get over it and move on. God forbid there be another Steeler QB that wins a SuperBowl or 2..maybe more other than Terry!!

stb_steeler
09-15-2010, 01:35 PM
If Manning or Brady were suspended 4 games, I believe they would be captains. How come Ben has only one Team MVP???
Bradshaw had many and for you guys to put Ben over a Steeler legend like Bradshaw is laughable.Bradshaw can speak his mind if he wants to. If Ben doesnt like it he should take it up with Terry.

Thats just it, your beliefs, assuming again?. Show us proof that Manning or Brady would still be captains in the same situation. What does MVP have to do with anything in the topic.....MVP's dont have anything to do with some ones character, just means that individual played well that day!
Like most have said before TB was no angel either but, its ok to point some one in the right direction, its just that TB rants on every week about Ben and i think most of us are sick of it.

jjpro11
09-15-2010, 01:53 PM
the main issue here is that Terry assumes Ben is guilty and forcibly raped the girl.. had Ben actually been convicted, he would be worrying about jail time right now and not a league suspension. there's a big difference between having a convicted rapist on the team and having someone accused of rape by a drunken girl, who by all accounts, comes off as a ***** who sought sex that night. could the Steelers really afford to cut their franchise QB, who they have over $100 million invested in, based on allegations alone? i don't think so.

mikegrimey
09-15-2010, 04:28 PM
the main issue here is that Terry assumes Ben is guilty and forcibly raped the girl.. had Ben actually been convicted, he would be worrying about jail time right now and not a league suspension. there's a big difference between having a convicted rapist on the team and having someone accused of rape by a drunken girl, who by all accounts, comes off as a ***** who sought sex that night. could the Steelers really afford to cut their franchise QB, who they have over $100 million invested in, based on allegations alone? i don't think so.

Right on. Bradshaw's biggest sin is relying on his subjective emotions which leads to a lot of these silly tantrums on the TV.
Phrases like "the way he treats women" and "what you did was a lot worse" presume Ben's guilt when there is no way Bradshaw can prove whats purported by the alleged victims is true. He's taking his opinion and trying to make judgments off of it when people should be making judgments off the facts.

As I've mentioned before alls Bradshaw can objectively condemn here is going out to bars and drinking with women, which, if he thinks is punishable by suspension, he should justly criticize every other player that does it instead of just Ben.

cubanstogie
09-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Ben not being a captain is the team holding him accountable. Which I think is great. If he screws up again I will be first to say you have had your chance and cut ties. I don't see that happening. Ben appears to have stepped up taken the punishment and try to better himself. I will bet if Ben comes back and doesn't screw up rest of year and next preseason he will then be voted captain. He needs to earn it, not just get it because he is the QB. He will probably admit that he didn't deserve it. I agree Bradshaw needs to move on. He is entitled to his opinion and he gave it. The more he talks the less I like him. If he would have never became a commentator he would still be my favorite player ever like he was when I was a kid. I appreciate his skill on the field but he is far from perfect and is quite annoying on TV. These guys get women throwing themselves at them all the time. You can't say a lot of these women don't have an agenda. At least he hasn't shot, stabbed or brought a gun to these clubs. I know the Steelers are not like the Bengals, Raiders or Eagles but Ben's record with the law is clean. Except for riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

rich4eagle
09-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Bradshaw made an ass out of his divorced self...after proclaiming to death do we part.....nuff said........nothing about morality can be LOWER than making an oath and then dissolving it.............Ben never made an oath he was just an unattached man........

SORRY TERRY YOUR COMMENTS SUCK HUGE...........and are nice hypocrisy

colescott1
09-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I also find it odd that his teammates stripped him of his captain duties. Very interesting.

Your MAIN point about Ben, is that he isn't that good, and he's just a piece of the puzzle. After all, we won with a 3rd string qb. Correct? Pretty sure thats a complete quote.

So why then, do you find it so odd, or so very interesting, that the Steelers stripped him of his captain duties? After all, he isn't THAT good, right?
(Never mind the most obvious fact, that he's missing a 1/4 of the season...but no, theres gotta be a more sinister reason.)

Oh...and the fact that you think I'm some existing person under a different name just shows how completely clueless you really are. Its hard not to read your posts, as your drivel fills up most of the threads. But please....continue on. It seems to make yourself feel important!

Downbylaw
09-16-2010, 10:53 AM

I have NEVER said I am more knowledgeable than anyone. You read the content of my posts and YOU come to that conclusion. I certainly dont say that. Thats absurd. You sit there an have repeatedly called me names out of frustration so tell me WHO is in violation here? If I start a thread about being right so what. its a fact, isnt it? If I am wrong you wont hesitate to state that now will you, so whats the difference? The difference is when I was wrong about Batch etc. I manned up because thats what men do. Lastly, I could care less if people on a message board like me or not lol. You guys dont like me for my takes on Ben and thats clear. Oh well.

Downbylaw
09-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Thats just it, your beliefs, assuming again?. Show us proof that Manning or Brady would still be captains in the same situation. What does MVP have to do with anything in the topic.....MVP's dont have anything to do with some ones character, just means that individual played well that day!
Like most have said before TB was no angel either but, its ok to point some one in the right direction, its just that TB rants on every week about Ben and i think most of us are sick of it.

Brady was captain when he missed the WHOLE 08 season. PROOF.

Downbylaw
09-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Your MAIN point about Ben, is that he isn't that good, and he's just a piece of the puzzle. After all, we won with a 3rd string qb. Correct? Pretty sure thats a complete quote.

So why then, do you find it so odd, or so very interesting, that the Steelers stripped him of his captain duties? After all, he isn't THAT good, right?
(Never mind the most obvious fact, that he's missing a 1/4 of the season...but no, theres gotta be a more sinister reason.)

Oh...and the fact that you think I'm some existing person under a different name just shows how completely clueless you really are. Its hard not to read your posts, as your drivel fills up most of the threads. But please....continue on. It seems to make yourself feel important!

Thats a lie. I say "Ben is good" just not elite. Please get it right. Thats not a complete quote you're wrong.
Its CLEAR you havent read any of my posts lol

colescott1
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM

Uh....captains were ALREADY NAMED before Brady got hurt week 1. Nice try!

finesward
09-16-2010, 02:04 PM

It obviously does bother you enough to reply to every single freaking post that you perceive as an attack on you. The whole board against you? Are you delusional? Maybe if your posts were more intelligent and based on fact you wouldn't come across so much opposition. Ever occur to you that when everyone else is opposing you, that maybe your the one who is in the wrong? Your so arrogant and beyond humility that even when your wrong you think your right. And I quote "I hit em hard with the facts as I see them" Trying to convince everyone that the internet slows down the game clock...lol All anyone has to do is read that thread before it got closed to see how smart you are. :toofunny:

StainlessStill
09-16-2010, 02:26 PM

Exactly. Ben isn't even allowed to be around ANYONE or even talk to anyone during his suspension. Why would they name someone a captain of the team when he isn't even allowed to be around anybody officiated with Steelers or NFL headquarters? Of course, DBL doesn't see that fact but wants to argue one side to death.

stb_steeler
09-16-2010, 03:06 PM

Brady was out on IR thats not the same situation as Bens. Your freaking impossible dude!

Shea
09-16-2010, 03:28 PM
This guy has a thousand posts in just one month.

He's craving attention and you guys are giving him exactly what he needs.

Just ignore him.

Indo
09-16-2010, 03:30 PM

Just ignore him.

You have to admit, it is amusing...

He's like Tim Lumber, but he can spell...

SteelCityMom
09-16-2010, 03:40 PM

:rofl: It's funny cause it's true.

Shea
09-16-2010, 04:11 PM
:chuckle:

But Timmah is so off the wall that he is actually funny.

I'm still trying to find the funny with this guy though. :huh:

Indo
09-16-2010, 04:49 PM
:chuckle:

But Timmah is so off the wall that he is actually funny.

I'm still trying to find the funny with this guy though. :huh:

I'm amused at his persistence

But, maybe you're right, it's not that funny

Perhaps if one of the mods gave him his very own "Young Man" avatar it would be much funnier

stb_steeler
09-16-2010, 04:56 PM

Just ignore him.

I know, i was but sometimes ya have to stand your ground....

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 06:32 AM

My point EXACTLY. But you KNOW it would have been the same result had they not been selected. Are you saying that Ben commands the SAME amount of respect with his mates as Brady does? lol

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 06:33 AM
It obviously does bother you enough to reply to every single freaking post that you perceive as an attack on you. The whole board against you? Are you delusional? Maybe if your posts were more intelligent and based on fact you wouldn't come across so much opposition. Ever occur to you that when everyone else is opposing you, that maybe your the one who is in the wrong? Your so arrogant and beyond humility that even when your wrong you think your right. And I quote "I hit em hard with the facts as I see them" Trying to convince everyone that the internet slows down the game clock...lol All anyone has to do is read that thread before it got closed to see how smart you are. :toofunny:

Dont get mad at me because you took the bait. That was an epic display of how DESPERATE you are, you didnt even know you were on the hook. Classic

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 06:34 AM
Exactly. Ben isn't even allowed to be around ANYONE or even talk to anyone during his suspension. Why would they name someone a captain of the team when he isn't even allowed to be around anybody officiated with Steelers or NFL headquarters? Of course, DBL doesn't see that fact but wants to argue one side to death.

How do you eplain the ONE team MVp in his 6 seasons with the Steelers? Next excuse...........

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 06:35 AM

Just ignore him.

Yeah, I'm craving attention lol
Then why do you give it to me ?

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 06:36 AM

Thx for the compliment......... I think.:tt04:

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 06:46 AM
What it boils down to is we have a bunch of Haters. They get ticked off because my analysis is quite accurate. You can tell because when I do make a mistake they try to pounce on me like a lion does prey. THATS how you know that you are on top of your game. It happens to other "experts" too like Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd and Stephen A. Smith. Guys who know their stuff. I'm sure you will ALL disagree with me but again what did I expect? Admit it you guys LOOK for my posts just to see what I have to say. Admit it. When I joined this board it was dead, there werent even any mods assigned. Now its thriving, alive and way better. Being Diametrically Opposed is not a bad thing, its good to some extent. No need to get upsted guys/gals is just friendly banter back and forth, not a problem. Hey guys the sun is going to rise tomorrow, but I know you disagree with that

finesward
09-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Dont get mad at me because you took the bait. That was an epic display of how DESPERATE you are, you didnt even know you were on the hook. Classic

Don't try to weasel out of it again, you honestly thought a slow internet connection could somehow cause the game clock to slow down. Classic example of your "intelligence and dominance" :thumbsup:

colescott1
09-17-2010, 07:00 AM
My point EXACTLY. But you KNOW it would have been the same result had they not been selected. Are you saying that Ben commands the SAME amount of respect with his mates as Brady does? lol

And this is where, as good at debating, as you THINK you are, you are not.

Neither I, nor you, KNOW, that Brady would be selected Captain. You might ASSUME you know, because that is your mojo. You turn your OPINION into facts into your mind.

Lets twist this argument a little bit. Would you saying everybody...EVERYBODY in the league supports Brady and his pansy-azz way of playing QB, calling his own flags?

finesward
09-17-2010, 07:02 AM
What it boils down to is we have a bunch of Haters. They get ticked off because my analysis is quite accurate. You can tell because when I do make a mistake they try to pounce on me like a lion does prey. THATS how you know that you are on top of your game. It happens to other "experts" too like Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd and Stephen A. Smith. Guys who know their stuff. I'm sure you will ALL disagree with me but again what did I expect? Admit it you guys LOOK for my posts just to see what I have to say. Admit it. When I joined this board it was dead, there werent even any mods assigned. Now its thriving, alive and way better. Being Diametrically Opposed is not a bad thing, its good to some extent. No need to get upsted guys/gals is just friendly banter back and forth, not a problem. Hey guys the sun is going to rise tomorrow, but I know you disagree with that

Thanks for using the analogy I gave you when you posted some blatantly obvious thread about defense making stops and allowing the offense more chances... duh, yeah that's what football is. Saying I told you so that the steeler defense is good is like saying i told you so the sun rises yet again. :blah: that's not analysis, that's stating the obvious and then taking credit for it. it's narcissistic, it's something people do on message boards when no one gives a crap about them in real life. it's the same reason why everyone sees right through you :wave:

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 07:02 AM

Do you really think that EVERYONE disagrees with my takes. I do not. Imagine the backlash they will get if they openly agree with public enemy #1. Again, MOST of you are mad about what I say about Ben. Evidence of that is how you guys are KILLING Terry Bradshaw for his opinion. Thats the SAME way you are coming at me. Its ALL about Ben. You can claim "its your arrogance" "its your delivery" thats a smokescreen the REASON you guys hate on me is because of my view on Ben. Period.
I say he is goood. Bradshaw says other things and you guys react negatively. Me and Bradshaw are sticking up for the STEELERS, you guys are sticking up for an INDIVIDUAL. Big difference. I asked YOU ALL to list 4 elite games in a row by Ben and NOT ONE could do it. To me that proves that he is as I say he is, a GOOD qb and not an elite one yet. Thats not to say he cant be one day. When and if he does, great for my Steelers.

If you guys dont think that we should have a dynasty then you are selling the team short. How are dynasties made? Consistent play from the qb. Check the history of the league. Bart Starr (Packers), Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Tom Brady, Peyton Mannig. Not all dynasties but you get my point. They were NOT missing the playoffs TWICE in their primes. Thats a UNDERACHIEVEMEN. Blame Arians, Blame Tomlin, Blame Cowher, Blame the defense and I blame Ben. That is after all who you give the credit to when we win right? So why should I be any different than you guys? Bradshaw is doing the same thing.........

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Thanks for using the analogy I gave you when you posted some blatantly obvious thread about defense making stops and allowing the offense more chances... duh, yeah that's what football is. Saying I told you so that the steeler defense is good is like saying i told you so the sun rises yet again. :blah: that's not analysis, that's stating the obvious and then taking credit for it. it's narcissistic, it's something people do on message boards when no one gives a crap about them in real life. it's the same reason why everyone sees right through you :wave:

Obviously its NOT obvious because theyre are MANY who have opposed it. What I said was.......... THE PRIMARY REASON THE STEELERS ARE GOOD IS THE DEFENSE. Thats what I said. Ben lovers said "No, its Ben". I disagreed with that.
The DEFENSE puts fear in the opposition not Ben. Ben is respected. Our defense is FEARED. Big difference.
In regards to your analysis it seems like you are speaking from experience. Because its quite OBVIOUS that you and all your buddies care a great deal about me.:wave:

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Don't try to weasel out of it again, you honestly thought a slow internet connection could somehow cause the game clock to slow down. Classic example of your "intelligence and dominance" :thumbsup:

STILL on the hook. lol
WOW

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 07:07 AM
And this is where, as good at debating, as you THINK you are, you are not.

Neither I, nor you, KNOW, that Brady would be selected Captain. You might ASSUME you know, because that is your mojo. You turn your OPINION into facts into your mind.

Lets twist this argument a little bit. Are you saying everybody...EVERYBODY in the league supports Brady and his pansy-azz way of playing QB, calling his own flags?

No but I do say he is REVERED by his OWN TEAM and you and I BOTH know he would still be captain but hang on to semantics if you need to lol

finesward
09-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Do you really think that EVERYONE disagrees with my takes. I do not. Imagine the backlash they will get if they openly agree with public enemy #1. Again, MOST of you are mad about what I say about Ben. Evidence of that is how you guys are KILLING Terry Bradshaw for his opinion. Thats the SAME way you are coming at me. Its ALL about Ben. You can claim "its your arrogance" "its your delivery" thats a smokescreen the REASON you guys hate on me is because of my view on Ben. Period.
I say he is goood. Bradshaw says other things and you guys react negatively. Me and Bradshaw are sticking up for the STEELERS, you guys are sticking up for an INDIVIDUAL. Big difference. I asked YOU ALL to list 4 elite games in a row by Ben and NOT ONE could do it. To me that proves that he is as I say he is, a GOOD qb and not an elite one yet. Thats not to say he cant be one day. When and if he does, great for my Steelers.

If you guys dont think that we should have a dynasty then you are selling the team short. How are dynasties made? Consistent play from the qb. Check the history of the league. Bart Starr (Packers), Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Tom Brady, Peyton Mannig. Not all dynasties but you get my point. They were NOT missing the playoffs TWICE in their primes. Thats a UNDERACHIEVEMEN. Blame Arians, Blame Tomlin, Blame Cowher, Blame the defense and I blame Ben. That is after all who you give the credit to when we win right? So why should I be any different than you guys? Bradshaw is doing the same thing.........

AGAIN, here you are making what I said about your stupidity for thinking the game clock is inaccurate because it's online about your secret boyfriend, ben roth. You can't say for fact why anyone is opposing something you post, that assumption you keep making, is what I for one get annoyed with, speaking for myself and I'm sure many others have the same opinion as me. You assume to know for FACT the whats and whys behind others posts, creating some by "public enemy#1" persona that is uncalled for. Your delusional and your arguments lack any proper logic. So why should anyone take anything you say seriously?

finesward
09-17-2010, 07:12 AM
STILL on the hook. lol
WOW

Your still on the hook for believing the game clock somehow slows down to "server problems" LOL but yeah keep using those stubby fingers and stopwatch to time plays, not the actual game clock....

finesward
09-17-2010, 07:14 AM
No but I do say he is REVERED by his OWN TEAM and you and I BOTH know he would still be captain but hang on to semantics if you need to lol

Yeah I'm sure ALL his teammates love the star pretty boy qb who bangs supermodels. Yeah...because your in there with them getting all 53 players and coaches opinions on brady. see right through you... :wave:

finesward
09-17-2010, 07:17 AM
Obviously its NOT obvious because theyre are MANY who have opposed it. What I said was.......... THE PRIMARY REASON THE STEELERS ARE GOOD IS THE DEFENSE. Thats what I said. Ben lovers said "No, its Ben". I disagreed with that.
The DEFENSE puts fear in the opposition not Ben. Ben is respected. Our defense is FEARED. Big difference.
In regards to your analysis it seems like you are speaking from experience. Because its quite OBVIOUS that you and all your buddies care a great deal about me.:wave:

What you said was "DEFENSE GIVING THE OFFENSE EXTRA CHANCES" then you take credit for saying all along the defense was good. :toofunny: Yep, your analysis is so in depth and brilliant!!! :coffee:

finesward
09-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
thats equivalent to me posting THE SUN WILL RISE TOMORROW everyday. Yes no shit when the defense stops the opposing offense, the offense gets another chance to score. that's how every football game is, how can you take credit for something you have no control over? i.e the sun will rise tomorrow
The point of the thread is that the DEFENSE is the reason we win. Ben wins the SAME way. Did you see the Raven game on 08? Same way. Did you see the Super Bowl 40 and 43? Same way. Did you see the Titan game of 09? We won the same way. Did you see the Viking game of 09? Same way. Ben has won most of his games in the same manner that Dixon did. So did Kordell, Tommy and Neil. The defense is the key to the Steelers and thats my point.

This is YOUR post where your boytoy benny was first mentioned. NO ONE DISAGREED WITH YOU!!! You ASSUMED that because I called you out for posting something so obvious to everyone (the defense is a big reason we win football games) that I was opposing your completely obvious statement. No one disagreed with you, but in your head you just had to make the thread about BEN. Just admit you love him and wish he had taken you into the bathroom that night and be done with it already :hug:

colescott1
09-17-2010, 07:27 AM
Um...100% incorrect again. Why would anyone name somebody a captain who was going to be out for the year? They couldn't fulfil the role of Captain. (Do you really think its just a popularity contest?) ? I'll play your game here. Find me 1 instance of a player named captain who was out for the year, where he was out BEFORE Captains were named.

finesward
09-17-2010, 07:27 AM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=57180

Show me where "ben lovers" said no, it's ben...and where you disagreed with that.

again.. DELUSIONAL THOUGHTS!!! come back to reality buddy, take off you aluminum foil hat and go out in the fresh air for a bit

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 10:21 AM
AGAIN, here you are making what I said about your stupidity for thinking the game clock is inaccurate because it's online about your secret boyfriend, ben roth. You can't say for fact why anyone is opposing something you post, that assumption you keep making, is what I for one get annoyed with, speaking for myself and I'm sure many others have the same opinion as me. You assume to know for FACT the whats and whys behind others posts, creating some by "public enemy#1" persona that is uncalled for. Your delusional and your arguments lack any proper logic. So why should anyone take anything you say seriously?

Why would anyone take anything serious from a guy who is confused about your and you're either? And one who STILL doesnt see the clock joke. WOW LOL

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Your still on the hook for believing the game clock somehow slows down to "server problems" LOL but yeah keep using those stubby fingers and stopwatch to time plays, not the actual game clock....

He's HOPELESS LOL

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 10:25 AM
This is YOUR post where your boytoy benny was first mentioned. NO ONE DISAGREED WITH YOU!!! You ASSUMED that because I called you out for posting something so obvious to everyone (the defense is a big reason we win football games) that I was opposing your completely obvious statement. No one disagreed with you, but in your head you just had to make the thread about BEN. Just admit you love him and wish he had taken you into the bathroom that night and be done with it already :hug:

See here is where you are confused? YOU know ME by name, I answer so many posts I dont have time to associate name with stance. I have NO IDEA what you are talking about. WHO ARE YOU??? LOL

Colin Cowherd is talking about "Hated people" today. "If people hate you YOU MATTER. Name a dynasty that isnt hated. The Yankees, The Steelers, The Patriots. If you are good or if you are successful people will hate you." Great topic and I AGREE wholeheartedly. Listen in, he is describing you guys to a tee lol.

chacha
09-17-2010, 10:25 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFJtBq9BGZtjwbhvpS6Cte67jaKZTTS YShhlYdzk7ObvGTiWU&t=1&usg=__PXxkq6CIKfykZMdsyP9jkJOjOPA=

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Um...100% incorrect again. Why would anyone name somebody a captain who was going to be out for the year? They couldn't fulfil the role of Captain. (Do you really think its just a popularity contest?) ? I'll play your game here. Find me 1 instance of a player named captain who was out for the year, where he was out BEFORE Captains were named.

Edgerin James. Colts named him honorary captain and he wasnt even on the team. Do you KNOW what that means? It means they LIKED HIM. I see why you guys hate me. I'M GOOD.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/jan/21/usa-today-colts-name-edgerrin-james-honorary-capta/

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 10:30 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFJtBq9BGZtjwbhvpS6Cte67jaKZTTS YShhlYdzk7ObvGTiWU&t=1&usg=__PXxkq6CIKfykZMdsyP9jkJOjOPA=

Wanna be my pimp?

chacha
09-17-2010, 10:31 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSx-u9APzEZPekJ3eNqbeZ8xN99XdIWe45pwKiuJNYtcvIVuzw&t=1&usg=__HGsyggRFvmI-ihPSt9leTDOoYVk=

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 10:43 AM

Show me where "ben lovers" said no, it's ben...and where you disagreed with that.

again.. DELUSIONAL THOUGHTS!!! come back to reality buddy, take off you aluminum foil hat and go out in the fresh air for a bit

I have posted on MANY a thread I think you should research THOSE instead of just on oh desperate one. Are you stalking me? Are you still watching the clock? Tick.....tick.......tick...........
:rofl:
PRICELESS

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 10:45 AM

So are you agreeing with me? Do you also agree that the PRIMARY reason for our success is the defense?

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Notice he CAN'T bring himself to answer that question too funny. Now I will hurt you even more by ignoring you from now on. What will you do with yourself now? lol

colescott1
09-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Edgerin James. Colts named him honorary captain and he wasnt even on the team. Do you KNOW what that means? It means they LIKED HIM. I see why you guys hate me. I'M GOOD.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/jan/21/usa-today-colts-name-edgerrin-james-honorary-capta/

For real? This is your answer? It doesn't even pertain to the question. It was an "honorary" captain status, for 1 game. Not the season. And he wasn't hurt.

Keep looking.

SteelCityMom
09-17-2010, 01:00 PM
This is getting so old. Time to nip the problem in the butt.