PDA

View Full Version : Steelers DVD

noto45
03-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Does anyone have the New Steelers DVD that just came out?? I saw a blurb on KDKA about Hines signing them at ****s Sporting Goods. I was just curious as to how good it is....

83-Steelers-43
03-01-2006, 09:21 PM
There was a bomb threat tonight at the Lowe's Theatre where the players, family and friends were watching the DVD tonight. The theatre was evacuated and there was no bomb detected.

Just reported tonight on FSN Pittsburgh. I figured I would put in this thread since I felt it was not worth making a separate thread pertaining to the incident.

drizze99
03-01-2006, 10:00 PM
My bro just got it. I haven't watched it yet.

Atlanta Dan
03-04-2006, 06:07 PM
I thought the DVD would pretty much focus on the Super Bowl, but the main section of the DVD I flipped through is a review of the season in its entirety: opens with excerpts from playoff disappointments past (Chargers, Dallas, Denver, New England I & II), cuts to Hines crying at the press conference when he thought Jerome was done after New England II, then provides Harry Kalas narrated highlights of each game (basically somewhat longer versions of the game clips you can watch online on NFL.com each week, with longer excerpts for the playoffs). Since the Super Bowl was not a game for the ages in terms of the quality of the game that is fine with me.

Have not watched the add-ons, which include the NFL Netwok Game of the Week highlights of the Colts-Steelers playoff game, which was excellent.

Seems like a decent product for the money spent, although there is little there you could not have seen for free online at NFL.com or on NFL Network at one time or another. When it comes to packaging and selling its product, it's a cut & paste world for the NFL.

Minor irritant - when you start the DVD you first run through 2 f***ing commercials for a Bruce Willis movie and some other movie I will never watch - NFL does not miss a trick when it comes to squeezing out every $, which probably explains why the CBA negotiations are such a train wreck.

PisnNapalm
03-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Since I don't get NFL Network, I haven't seen most of that material. A friend did give me a copy of the Colts GOTW though. I've watched it several times. Very well done.

For some reason when I see their one coach( the big fat one who says "We have to keep fighting these people.") I think of the one Stooge Joe (or was it Curly Joe) that from the 3 Stooges. Not the original Curly but the character played by Joe Besser.

WWIIOwheelz
03-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Where did these DVDs come from? The special SI offer, or was this available from/in stores? I can't wait to see mine.

tony hipchest
03-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Where did these DVDs come from? The special SI offer, or was this available from/in stores? I can't wait to see mine.si offer is $100 with all the mags, footb all and book. nfl network is $24.98 but i think amazons is only 17.99

83-Steelers-43
03-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Yes, got it yesterday.

Ambridge
03-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Got mine today.

Three hours of priceless material that can't be watched enough.

Atlanta Dan
03-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Since I don't get NFL Network, I haven't seen most of that material. A friend did give me a copy of the Colts GOTW though. I've watched it several times. Very well done.

For some reason when I see their one coach( the big fat one who says "We have to keep fighting these people.") I think of the one Stooge Joe (or was it Curly Joe) that from the 3 Stooges. Not the original Curly but the character played by Joe Besser.

When I go back and watch the Colts-Steelers NFL Game of the Week on the DVD, I will check again, but I recall there were two very fat coaches for the Colts. I'm not talking stocky, I'm talking morbid obese, what appeared to be north of 300 pounds fat.

SteelerMurf
03-04-2006, 08:33 PM
go to Borders and walk in the store and get one for $14.99!!!!!

Lyn
03-04-2006, 08:33 PM
An absolute must have for any Steeler fan. Brilliant! Another dvd that is a must have is the Steeler's history dvd. That is also an awesome own.

Ambridge
03-04-2006, 08:43 PM
When I go back and watch the Colts-Steelers NFL Game of the Week on the DVD, I will check again, but I recall there were two very fat coaches for the Colts. I'm not talking stocky, I'm talking morbid obese, what appeared to be north of 300 pounds fat.

One of those Colts coaches is defensive line coach John Teerlink.........he's definately a Parade Float.
The other big guy might be their offensive line coach Howard Mudd.

siss
03-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey does anyone know if its a nation wide release or if us west coasters can get one to?

JoeR63
03-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey does anyone know if its a nation wide release or if us west coasters can get one to?

This is a nationwide release. You can get it anywhere...Best Buy, Circuit City, Amazon.com, anywhere DVD's are sold.

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Local Giant Eagle stores are selling them for 12.99, originally ****'s was selling them for 24.99,I believe

WWIIOwheelz
03-04-2006, 11:30 PM
I didn't get the mail today (Saturday) and I just walked out in the freezing cold to see if it was here, and it isn't. :(

Had it been, I'd have watched the whole thing, no doubt. :D

Man_Of_Steel
03-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Is the DVD they are selling at Wal Mart the same one as they are selling on the Steelers website? I notice the pictures on the front are a little different.

83-Steelers-43
03-05-2006, 10:01 AM
The Giant Eagle's in Pittsburgh are selling them for $12.95.

PisnNapalm
03-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm supposed to get mine from SI with that package deal. It hasn't arrived yet though. :(

Jim Schue
03-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Got mine yesterday!

caligirlsteelerfan86
03-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Should have just bought mine from the store vs. buying it from nfl.com. Wasted shipping money that takes forever to delivered once they ship it. Was too exicted after the win and didn't think about that stuff at time, lesson learned. Dvd should be here tomorrow, but who knows might not come till Fri. Can't wait to watch it.

figg
03-05-2006, 09:36 PM
The DVD is a must have for all Steelers fans! Awesome!

SteelerMurf
03-06-2006, 08:40 PM
I waited to buy everything at stores and I didn't have to wait long to find deals.

Official AFC Champ sideline hat : $7.50 (Finish Line)
Official AFC Champ sideline Tshirt: $10.00 (Sears)
Official XL Champ sideline hat: $17.89 (Kaufmann's w/ coupon)
Official XL Champ sideline Tshirt: $12.00 (Sears)
Official Superbowl DVD $14.99 (Borders)

And no shipping charges on anything, just walked in and bought 'em.

I am on a roll.

shutdown
03-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Had to goto 5 different stores last night but i finally found it.

Well worth the trips. :D

83-Steelers-43
03-07-2006, 09:57 AM
I waited to buy everything at stores and I didn't have to wait long to find deals.

I am on a roll.

Very smart.

WWIIOwheelz
03-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Got mine today & popped it right in, watched it all the way through. All I can say is that it gave me chills about 10 different times. NFL films has to be the absolute best source of making sporting events EPIC. The drama they capture is simply spine-tingling.

Yeah, that's an endorsement. I'm happy I spent the money on the SI deal for the DVD alone.

PisnNapalm
03-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Ok good. So someone else who bought the SI deal has received the DVD. Was it mailed USPS or sent some other way, UPS, etc...? Each day I anxiously await the arrival of the mailman, but so far I've been disappointed each day.

WWIIOwheelz
03-07-2006, 06:41 PM
It came in the regular US Postal Service mail. It's more a matter of when you bought the package, I'm thinking. I bought it as soon as I saw it was available, certainly within 24 hours.

PisnNapalm
03-07-2006, 08:30 PM
I signed up for mine about an hour after the Super Bowl.

SteelFan4Life
03-07-2006, 10:24 PM
I picked mine up at Best Buy tonight for $14.99.

I haven't had time to watch but a few short clips of it.

The cool thing? My dad and I are on it. haha

There is about a 3-second shot of me at the end of the Patriots game and their is another 3-second shot of my father at the beginning of the Lions game. We are the ones who wear the black/gold pointy/spikey hats and paint our faces. Patriots game, I had #86 on and my father had on #50 for the Lions game.

I'll have to make time by weekend to watch whole 2-hour thingie.

WWIIOwheelz
03-07-2006, 10:48 PM
I signed up for mine about an hour after the Super Bowl.

You'll have yours tomorrow, I'll bet. Hope so! It really does rock

Jim Schue
03-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Got mine yesterday!

And finally got my hat in the mail today. It's smooth-looking, for those of you who haven't seen the SB Champions locker room hat up close yet. Get yours right away!

BB2W
03-08-2006, 01:02 AM
I just watched the DVD tonight and I thought it was great!... a must have for every Steelers fan. :cool:

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2006, 07:56 AM
I still get chills watching JB plow over Urlacher. Excellent DVD.

Man_Of_Steel
03-08-2006, 08:17 AM

I am on a roll.

I did the exact same thing with the AFC Championship gear. I got the t-shirts at JCPenney for $10, the official AFCC Reebok hoodie at the Bon Ton for $22(was $52), and the official AFCC Rebok hat for $12. I'm going out today to look for Super Bowl gear.

PisnNapalm
03-08-2006, 12:19 PM
No luck for me again today... Though one of my wife's freakin beanie babies arrived.:dang:

WWIIOwheelz
03-08-2006, 12:31 PM
:redface:

Can't believe that, would've thought for sure today. Tomorrow, I'll bet. How close are you to the city? I'm just outside of it, so national distribution gets to me pretty fast once it flies into Pittsburgh.

PisnNapalm
03-08-2006, 12:34 PM
I live about 25 mile northwest of Philadelphia.

WWIIOwheelz
03-08-2006, 12:37 PM
I live on the airport side of the city, so that's a possible explanation, I guess. Still, I would've thought you'd gotten yours by now. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. (It really IS a fantastic show.)

I suppose they haven't shown this episode yet on the NFL Network? Nobody I've talked to has seen it yet. I don't get that channel, maybe should check into it.

redst3
03-09-2006, 05:14 AM
I got a twofer deal from Amazon.com. The Superbowl video and the ?history of the Steelers? video was something like 35 bucks. Last night I put in the history video and watched the whole thing ,except for the second dvd- which is another two hours! I?ve seen or have most of the stuff on there.

For old timers, I know you will enjoy the old stuff from the forties, thirties, etc?.I love those old clips. I started following the team in the 70?s, so it was really unique to see some of the old color stuff from the sixties.

I havent seen all of the Super Bowl dvd yet but it looks pretty good. I think the best thing for me was the field mike stuff, which we, of course, havent seen. I went through the season highlights and am going to watch the SB40 stuff once I get home this afternoon.

PisnNapalm
03-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Still no DVD for me. :( This is really starting to annoy me.

I received the History DVD set last year for my birthday. It's a fantastic program. I don't know how many times I've watched the special section about Jerome. I love seeing him run over DB's.

WWIIOwheelz
03-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Really weird. I posted a segment in the media section, Bettis running over Urlacher. Sorry you haven't gotten your yet. :(

PisnNapalm
03-09-2006, 03:44 PM
I've got that video of the NFL Network Pittsburgh road to the superbowl piece. I love watchin him run over the defense.

83-Steelers-43
03-09-2006, 04:48 PM
I live on the airport side of the city, so that's a possible explanation, I guess. Still, I would've thought you'd gotten yours by now. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. (It really IS a fantastic show.)

I suppose they haven't shown this episode yet on the NFL Network? Nobody I've talked to has seen it yet. I don't get that channel, maybe should check into it.

No, I have not seen it yet on the NFL Network. We still have the luxury of watching the Patriots 24/7. :rolleyes:

PisnNapalm
03-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Guess what I'm holding in my hands right now....:bouncy: Yes it arrived just minutes ago and I'm debating whether or not to watch it now or later after work. If I start it now I'll have to stop half way through.

I CAN"T WAIT!!! cya!

PisnNapalm
03-10-2006, 10:58 AM
AHHHHH!!! They had to open with Neil Freaking O'Donnell!! :dang: ()*&%#)(%*&##@)(*@#

83-Steelers-43
03-10-2006, 11:01 AM
AHHHHH!!! They had to open with Neil Freaking O'Donnell!! :dang: ()*&%#)(%*&##@)(*@#

I promise the ending is good. :bouncy:

WWIIOwheelz
03-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Glad to hear it! I've watched it 4 times already. :)

Excellent stuff

PisnNapalm
03-10-2006, 11:23 AM
I tell ya what... I love listening to Harry Kalas.

There was a newpaper article on him in the paper recently. A couple weeks ago I think. The writer described Kalas' voice as being "Marlboro and Tanqueray tuned".

WWIIOwheelz
03-10-2006, 11:26 AM
LOL! Great description. :)

Yes, the guy's voice simply makes it. I'm not sure they could've found a better replacement for the other guy who did them so long.

I PITY you for having to stop halfway through. I was powerless to do anything else when I put it on.

PisnNapalm
03-10-2006, 11:33 AM
I'll probably sit down tonight and rewatch it with my kids. :)

PisnNapalm
03-10-2006, 11:52 AM
AHHHH!!! DAMN!! No matter how many times I watch it and hope against it... Jerome still fumbles the ball on the 1 against the Colts.... Luckily though... Ben always makes "The Tackle". :oD

Ohio Steeler
03-10-2006, 11:54 AM
AHHHH!!! DAMN!! No matter how many times I watch it and hope against it... Jerome still fumbles the ball on the 1 against the Colts.... Luckily though... Ben always makes "The Tackle". :oD

u know to this day I know it coming but I still throw my remote at the TV when it happens

PisnNapalm
03-10-2006, 03:42 PM
This is a fantastic compilation for the season. Wow. 8o)

AcesHigh
03-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Got mine last night at Best Buy here in VA. Simply awsome. Gonna watch it again tonight.

Lyn
03-11-2006, 12:05 AM
It is sooooooooooooo good! We really enjoyed it actually had a few friends over and watched it on 3.5.06 1 month to the day of the SB. This time was so much better than actually the playoffs because I knew the outcome......I was nervous during the playoffs, real nervous.

noto45
03-11-2006, 06:42 AM
I got the DVD it is a must have for any true steelers fan

Hammer67
03-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Question...is this DVD in widescreen??? (The super bowl one..)
I know the Super Bowl itself was filmed in Widescreen HD...and, I had NFL Network in HD.

I sure hope it is....

SteelerMurf
03-11-2006, 09:35 AM

I wince in pain every time I see that play. And there is one Superbowl champ special magazine that has a photo I have never seen before. Bettis is falling backwards, the ball is high in the air and Bettis is just looking helplessly......I really don't think I will ever feel better about that play for some reason. I think, because for the next 10 minutes of the game I was almost in tears thinking how aweful this will be for a hall of famer to have that highlight run after every good description they have of him they would say "but" he will always be remembered for blowing a sure win vs. the Colts. He would have been the Bill Buckner of football highlights.

PisnNapalm
03-11-2006, 11:32 AM
I was physically nauseous after that fumble. My heart was nearly broken. If we'd have lost that game I probably would have cried for Jerome.

I think it also helped to steel the team together further to make sure things like that didn't happen again.

3 cheers for Vanderjerk! :oP