PDA

View Full Version : B-Mac and Timmons

SteelCurtain0815
09-13-2010, 02:51 AM
I thought these two stood out for our defense today. Timmons was stuffing the run and flying to the ball. He looked like he was playing with a chip on his shoulder. He's trying to prove that he is for real. Guess what? I'm sold. Some may think that B-Mac was getting burnt today. I would disagree with you. The guy was in perfect position on every play. White just made some great catches, but immediately after a WR would make a catch, they were going down quickly. B-Mac gives absolutely no YAC. He may be the surest tackler on our team. He also helps greatly in run support. Huge upgrade from last year (Gay). He simply doesn't miss tackles. He's a warrior, and I for one, am extremely happy he is back in the Burgh.

Steel_Bus_24
09-13-2010, 02:55 AM
I think Timmons has finally found his "beast mode"

We've seen flashes, but it looked like hes got it all together now

SteelCurtain0815
09-13-2010, 02:58 AM

We've seen flashes but, it looked like hes got it all together now

It really did look like that. He knew where he was suppose to be, and he got there fast and loud. I loved seeing him make tackles in the backfield. Dude is a beast.

Pittsburgh43
09-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Timmons looked great. He was simply relentless. I was happy with B-Mac's performance today as well. Our whole defense looked awesome. Lets hope Big Snack can get back soon.

ricardisimo
09-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Why exactly did McFadden do well in your eyes? The story I read was that if Matt Ryan saw McFadden covering Roddy White, he threw it to White, period. And indeed, White had a great game at B-Mac's expense.

I'm seeing he and Gay splitting time the rest of the year the way they did in our last SB run.

Timmons is finally looking like a first-round pick. Very cool.

finesward
09-13-2010, 08:12 AM
what he did was tackle the guy immediately and never giving up the big play. do you forget how many times gay would have his man dead to rights and whiff giving up a huge gain? lebeau left him alone on an island with a top 10 receiver allowing them to shut down the run and protect against the big play. sure he caught 13 balls but was targeted 23 out of 44 pass attempts. mostly those short quick passes. give him some credit for keeping a big play receiver to a 8.5 yard per catch average.

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 08:30 AM
No one is ever on an Island in Lebeaus scheme. its 90% zone. Bmac is in cover 3 most of the time. Where he is 14 yards off the ball and is responsible for his deep third. Clark the middle third and Ike the other third.

steeltheone
09-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Gay also played. He really needed to make that pick he dropped though.

tony hipchest
09-13-2010, 10:18 AM
--- Lawrence Timmons’ play Sunday is what Troy Polamalu might look like if he played linebacker. This is the linebacker Mike Tomlin said he had when the Steelers drafted him in the first round in 2007.

- ed bouchette in PG+

SteelCurtain0815
09-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Why exactly did McFadden do well in your eyes? The story I read was that if Matt Ryan saw McFadden covering Roddy White, he threw it to White, period. And indeed, White had a great game at B-Mac's expense.

I'm seeing he and Gay splitting time the rest of the year the way they did in our last SB run.

Timmons is finally looking like a first-round pick. Very cool.

Exactly what finesWard said. He didn't allow any YAC...ever. And he supports the run like a safety. He made some good tackles on Turner. The kid is tough as nails. He brings fire to this team. Stop hatin on him. Gay is not on his level. White would have had over 200 yards receiving if Gay was on him because Gay wouldn't have been able to tackle him, let alone cover him, but I thought Gay did very well. He's perfect as our
nickelback.

Vis
09-13-2010, 12:43 PM
12 tackles by a corner is never a good thing

LVSteelersfan
09-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I have never given up on Timmons although people on here have been trying to call him a bust since day one. His so called weakness was run support but he covers so much ground he is tackling people behind the LOS on the OTHER SIDE OF THE FIELD. People are also trying to call Jason Worilds a bust but I think he is going to be a player on this team and we will have no problem replacing Farrior at ILB. The Steelers FO knows a good LB when they see one. Way to go Timmons. You saved the Steelers by making Michael Turner non-existant.

SteelCurtain0815
09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
12 tackles by a corner is never a good thing

Did you even watch the game? Sure, a lot of his tackles were after White would make a reception, but many of his tackles came in run support as well.

StainlessStill
09-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Did you even watch the game? Sure, a lot of his tackles were after White would make a reception, but many of his tackles came in run support as well.

^^This.

It's not like they were running all over us and getting to the 2nd level, forcing our secondary/corners to make the tackle. These tackles came from an offense who dialed up 44 passing plays and only 20 running plays. B-Mac played solid.

As far as Timmons, he's been one of me and my bro's faves. His athleticism and closing speed makes him out to be the funnest player to personally watch on the field (Troys #1 of course.) The problem with Timmons's game all those years was that his strength as a overall play was to rush the quarterback with his speed on the outisde. He had trouble moving to middle and was terrible in run defense last season.

This off-season he bulked up and was all over the place yesterday. Everytime Timmons made a tackle, me and my bro pounded fists haha. He's going to be SPECIAL. Guys a FREAK.

BTW: Anyone else notice Worlids making some plays on special teams? Future James Harrison? Lets hope so.

SteelCurtain0815
09-13-2010, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=StainlessStill;843096]^^This.

It's not like they were running all over us and getting to the 2nd level, forcing our secondary/corners to make the tackle. These tackles came from an offense who dialed up 44 passing plays and only 20 running plays. B-Mac played solid.

As far as Timmons, he's been one of me and my bro's faves. His athleticism and closing speed makes him out to be the funnest player to personally watch on the field (Troys #1 of course.) The problem with Timmons's game all those years was that his strength as a overall play was to rush the quarterback with his speed on the outisde. He had trouble moving to middle and was terrible in run defense last season.

This off-season he bulked up and was all over the place yesterday. Everytime Timmons made a tackle, me and my bro pounded fists haha. He's going to be SPECIAL. Guys a FREAK.

Exactly right on McFadden. He was coming up towards the line of scrimmage to make some of those tackles. Very solid game. I noticed Worilds crush Weeks on one Kickoff. Let's hope he can be as good as Harrison.

MasterOfPuppets
09-13-2010, 05:23 PM
3 ..... 3 of his 12 tackles were rb tackles.

SteelCurtain0815
09-14-2010, 01:09 AM
3 ..... 3 of his 12 tackles were rb tackles.

What's your point? They were good tackles and any other corner on our team probably wouldn't have made them. B-Mac played very solid Sunday. Some of you people are blind to the game of football. He gave up no YAC. The Falcons threw the ball to White the majority of the time. White was going to get his no matter what, but 8.3 ypc is nothing special. McFadden did his job, and did it well.

MasterOfPuppets
09-14-2010, 02:12 AM
What's your point? They were good tackles and any other corner on our team probably wouldn't have made them. B-Mac played very solid Sunday. Some of you people are blind to the game of football. He gave up no YAC. The Falcons threw the ball to White the majority of the time. White was going to get his no matter what, but 8.3 ypc is nothing special. McFadden did his job, and did it well.
my point is , 3 is not "many" ... had you said "a few" , it would have been more accurate.....:hatsoff:

ricardisimo
09-14-2010, 04:04 AM
Gay also played. He really needed to make that pick he dropped though.
True, but he got close, which is more than anyone but Troy can say. Same story as always with our DBs: Ike simply will not intercept anything... just not what he does, and we need to live with it, I guess. Troy, meanwhile, is made of Velcro. McFadden doesn't intercept, and certainly doesn't scare or frustrate the opposing QBs either, which Ike occasionally does. All of the other guys are there merely to tease us with shoulda-coulda-woulda picks; Burnett, Gay, Keenan...

Someone other than Troy has to start making plays. Don't get me wrong, I like Timmons, but I do wish we had drafted Revis that year.

Rick5895
09-14-2010, 06:44 AM
I thought B Mac played decently but one thing I noticed , he seemed slow going to the ball once in the air. What made up for this is his outstanding ability to tackle, which is why he is back.

SteelCurtain0815
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
my point is , 3 is not "many" ... had you said "a few" , it would have been more accurate.....:hatsoff:

Well my fault. :wave:

Steelerfreak58
09-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Timmons is healthy and playing like a young guy that got time to develop and learn the system just like the Steelers wanted him to do. Last year he was playing hurt. If he stays healthy your going to see this young man put up some great numbers.

B-Mac did a hell of a job against a good reciever and QB combo. No TD's allowed no big Passing Interference game changing plays called. What more can you ask from a CB that was playing man to man for most of the game?

This defense will be in the top 3 again if Troy stays healthy. Top 2 if they continue to play like they did Sunday in Atlanta.

scsteeler
09-14-2010, 09:46 PM

We've seen flashes, but it looked like hes got it all together now

Me and my Brother were talking about the Same thing. He wanted to show why he was drafted #1.

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Timmons and Hood looked awesome out there, Sunday. While neither of them notched mch in the way of fantasy-type stats, nearly every play our defense made a stop, Timmons and Hood were right there in the middle, if they did not make the pay themselves.