PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben in Oxford

Nature Boy
09-13-2010, 07:41 AM
We as fans were told how Big Ben has changed........Well I am here to tell you that Big Ben was in Oxford(Miami of Ohio) watching the game in a bar that he was banned from during college. I have no problem with him as a player but he is going to have a ZERO tolerance from the Commish. I have no problem with him drinking but I think that he needs to stay out of the college towns for a few years. Someone needs to keep close tabs on him.

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Sure bud. WHY cant you substantiate this "story"

Atlanta Dan
09-13-2010, 07:49 AM
So I guess the ban from the college bar was temporary and not permanent ?

The mods for that bar must be more tolerant than thlse that run certain forums.:chuckle:

Maybe Ben had to agree to tip better and not walk out on tabs to get his ban lifted?

I find Ben's presence in a bar to be puzzling since i attributed allegedly "being in the best shape of his a career" to cutting down on the alcohol consumption, which in turn I assumed was on Ben's to do list following mandatory counseling - these next 3 weeks prsnt numerous chances for trouble until #7 gets back in the structure of practice and games

Some corroborationf or this story based upon a first time post would be appreciated - my guess is the P-G will have a story at some point on how Ben filled in his time yesterday

Nature Boy
09-13-2010, 08:19 AM
This is where he was yesterday.........

www.brickstreetbar.com

I just don't want to see him miss anymore games.

Downbylaw
09-13-2010, 09:07 AM

www.brickstreetbar.com

Bye. SIGH

browner3
09-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Nature Boy,

Where are you from? I'm a huge Steelers fan and went to Miami Ohio.

Nature Boy
09-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Eaton, Ohio

Nature Boy,

Where are you from? I'm a huge Steelers fan and went to Miami Ohio.

TackleMeBen
09-13-2010, 09:47 AM
as long as he wasnt near a bathroom with a chick i dont care...lol

Third Rail
09-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Roethlisberger was in a bar... watching the game no less...

I'm sure that merits a six-season suspension at minimum.

BlackAndGold4Ever
09-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Roethlisberger was in a bar... watching the game no less...

I'm sure that merits a six-season suspension at minimum.

:sofunny:

StainlessStill
09-13-2010, 11:08 AM
He also had a glass of wine. Commish is rumored to bump the suspension up to 8 games since he had two small glass's of it or possible 9 because he used a straw.

More to come from this story.

Third Rail
09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
BREAKING NEWS

DUNGY CALLED IN TO MENTOR BIG BEN

Fresh off his stint of teaching Michael Vick how to not kill dogs, Tony Dungy, The Great Orator and Communicator with the Divine Himself, has been called in to counsel Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger had been making strides in rehabilitating his public image - actions that got his six-game suspension reduced to four - but a recent trip to a bar in Oxford, Ohio to watch the Steelers game on Sunday sent Commissioner Adolf Goodell into a tirade.

"We're all very happy to know that Ben has been working hard at improving his behavior," Goodell said. "But when I heard that he was in a bar watching his teammates play on Sunday, I immediately started punching babies. A grown man who has never been formally charged with a crime has absolutely no business being in a public drinking establishment. That's why I immediately called up God and had him send Tony Dungy down to set Ben straight."

Dungy rode his golden charoit over to Roethlisberger's off-season home in Findlay, Ohio and has immediately taken control. Roethlisberger is scheduled to be flogged with a scourge every day this week for his actions, in between routine passing drills with several undrafted free agents.

"Anything I can do to make him more like Peyton Manning, I'm prepared to," said Dungy. "He needs to learn that when you're an an NFL quarterback, you're more than just a superb athlete and teammate. You're a messenger for God Himself and it's your mission to deliver the Word every Sunday to people who stayed home from church to watch the game."

TackleMeBen
09-13-2010, 11:35 AM
BREAKING NEWS

Fresh off his stint of teaching Michael Vick how to not kill dogs, Tony Dungy, The Great Orator and Communicator with the Divine Himself, has been called in to counsel Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger had been making strides in rehabilitating his public image - actions that got his six-game suspension reduced to four - but a recent trip to a bar in Oxford, Ohio to watch the Steelers game on Sunday sent Commissioner Adolf Goodell into a tirade.

"We're all very happy to know that Ben has been working hard at improving his behavior," Goodell said. "But when I heard that he was in a bar watching his teammates play on Sunday, I immediately started punching babies. A grown man who has never been formally charged with a crime has absolutely no business being in a public drinking establishment. That's why I immediately called up God and had him send Tony Dungy down to set Ben straight."

Dungy rode his golden charoit over to Roethlisberger's off-season home in Findlay, Ohio and has immediately taken control. Roethlisberger is scheduled to be flogged with a scourge every day this week for his actions, in between routine passing drills with several undrafted free agents.

"Anything I can do to make him more like Peyton Manning, I'm prepared to," said Dungy. "He needs to learn that when you're an an NFL quarterback, you're more than just a superb athlete and teammate. You're a messenger for God Himself and it's your mission to deliver the Word every Sunday to people who stayed home from church to watch the game."
:rofl::rofl::rofl: that is great...lol

StainlessStill
09-13-2010, 11:35 AM
BREAKING NEWS

Best post I've possibly EVER seen. Bravo dude. F_cking BRAVO!:helmet:

TackleMeBen
09-13-2010, 11:38 AM
question now ... can ben change dungy and turn him into a womanizing freak???lol

Third Rail
09-13-2010, 12:29 PM
LOL, thanks folks! Glad you liked that.

As I'm sure you can tell, I get really annoyed with the sports media's worship of Dungy. They act like that guy has never done anything wrong in his entire life and was the greatest coach who ever lived, when in actuality he just lucked out that he had a really good QB on his team. I'd like to see how many times the Colts would have made it to the playoffs if they had someone other than Peyton Manning at QB.

TackleMeBen
09-13-2010, 01:47 PM
what???? you dont bow down to the all great dungy????:chuckle:

stb_steeler
09-13-2010, 02:01 PM
So what if Ben was in a bar. Lots of people go there to watch the games. Maybe the game wasnt on his tv, perhaps the bar has Sunday Ticket.

Fire Arians
09-13-2010, 02:05 PM
i always watch the game at the bar if the steelers aren't on the local tv listings

gives me an excuse to go out and eat some nachos lol

TackleMeBen
09-13-2010, 03:18 PM
i always watch the game at the bar if the steelers aren't on the local tv listings

that last comment could be made into something totally different...:chuckle::chuckle:

yeah, that is it, ben went to a bar for some nachos..lol

Steel_Bus_24
09-13-2010, 03:24 PM
has this even been confirmed??lol

stb_steeler
09-13-2010, 03:27 PM

I'd say rumored...:coffee:

Third Rail
09-13-2010, 04:11 PM

Most likely just someone trolling.

TackleMeBen
09-13-2010, 04:25 PM
someone probably just wanted to start something, b/c i havent anything about this anywhere.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-13-2010, 04:33 PM
yea i call bs

cloppbeast
09-13-2010, 04:34 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/Pickles007/nachos2.jpg

Has this whole story been confirmed? I don't want to call the OP a liar or anything, but I'd hate to jump to conclusions about Ben's "rehabilitation" based on an unsubstantiated story, which could very well bu a rumor.

And, even if he did watch the game at a bar, who could really have a problem with it? Unless of course someone saw him walk into the women's bathroom with his genitals out......

He wasn't punished for going into a bar; he was punished for his behavior in a bar. Unless something happened in the bar, this isn't a problem in my opinion.

Atlanta Dan
09-13-2010, 04:42 PM

www.brickstreetbar.com

Anyone can make this stuff up

I have heard this is where Ben may have been yesterday

http://capitalcityga.com/

I just don't want him to miss anymore (sic) games

stb_steeler
09-13-2010, 06:05 PM
From what Tunch and Hillgrove said, he was watchin the game with his dad. :popcorn:

steelerohio
09-13-2010, 06:19 PM
um... who cares where Ben want to watch the games? :noidea:

floodcitygirl
09-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Is that a Bengal fan I smell.....or wait.....possibly a Brown's...??? :tap:

TackleMeBen
09-13-2010, 10:23 PM
From what Tunch and Hillgrove said, he was watchin the game with his dad. :popcorn:
so in otherwise, not only is he grounded from football, he is grounded by his dad and cant be out past 8pm.:chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-13-2010, 10:26 PM
whew....

what a relief.

i thought this thread said he was hanging out in Oxnard.

MasterOfPuppets
09-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Is that a Bengal fan I smell.....or wait.....possibly a Brown's...??? :tap:
does he reek of failure and despair ? :popcorn:

rick723
09-13-2010, 11:27 PM
as long as he wasnt near a bathroom with a chick i dont care...lol

Let's hope he ain't bumpin butts with a guy either, sheesh!
Joke guys

TackleMeBen
09-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Let's hope he ain't bumpin butts with a guy either, sheesh!
Joke guys
good point..lol...:chuckle:

floodcitygirl
09-14-2010, 08:29 AM
does he reek of failure and despair ? :popcorn:Well...it is a commom odor around these parts, that I've never quite gotten used to....:chuckle: