PDA

View Full Version : 2006-2007? The Patriots will do it again.

hardwork
03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
You can't do it every year. Even the best need to refocus every once and awhile. This years pretenders to the thrown had their time in the sun. I hope they enjoyed it because that's all their going to get. You can bank on this. The Patriots will take the Super Bowl again next season.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11191783/

"Dwelling on why the Patriots didn't make the Super Bowl this season is loser talk, because it's nearly impossible to remain on top year after year. And it takes away from the accomplishments of teams that did better, including the Colts, Broncos and especially the Steelers.

The issue here is maintaining a level of excellence over a long period of time. Using that measuring stick, the Patriots currently have no equal.

Next year they will win the Super Bowl because they will be hungry and vengeful. They will want to atone for a bizarre season that included one of their top linebackers suffering a stroke and then returning to play, and their star quarterback playing the second half of the season with a hernia.

Quite frankly, much of the Patriots' undoing this year had little to do with specific areas of weakness, like the surprise retirement of linebacker Ted Johnson right before the season, or the knee injury that caused Richard Seymour to miss four games, or the season-ending injuries to Rodney Harrison and Tyrone Poole, or the suddenly aged wheels of Corey Dillon.

Rather, it was about a collective mentality. The Patriots tried to will themselves to the title because they're used to doing just that. This time they didn't have enough will to go along with a shortage of healthy bodies.

Next year will be different. The Patriots will re-tool their roster and come back as strong as ever. Instead of starting off the season a mediocre 4-4, as they did in 2005, they will be stronger, more focused and more determined to post the best record in the AFC so they can entertain playoff opponents on the tundra that is their home field."

Livinginthe past
03-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Yep its true - the Steelers were the best team this year.

Personally speaking, I think it was the winner mentality and strong will that allowed the Patriots to recover from such a poor start to challenge in the playoffs.

It was all to do with getting hit hard by injuries in the wrong areas.

The Patriots certainly have a great shot at the title next year - surely we cant have the same amount of bad sh*t happen to us again in the first 5/6 games?!

NM

tony hipchest
03-02-2006, 12:01 PM
wow, you sure this article wasnt about the yankees of the past 5 years?

i never knew the patriots had a monopoly on desire and can flip a switch to prevent any future injuries, especially since they got them all out of the way in 05. that is good, they met their quota. also good is that success dulls the competitive edge of all teams BUT the patriots.

"Yet a load of success has a way of dulling a team’s competitive edge, especially when it is assaulted by wannabees like Cincinnati, Miami, Indianapolis, Denver and possibly San Diego, Kansas City and Jacksonville. If players don’t exactly get fat and lazy after reaching the Super Bowl, they at least get more comfortable than they had been."

pretty bogus article.

Livinginthe past
03-02-2006, 12:12 PM
wow, you sure this article wasnt about the yankees of the past 5 years?

i never knew the patriots had a monopoly on desire and can flip a switch to prevent any future injuries, especially since they got them all out of the way in 05. that is good, they met their quota. also good is that success dulls the competitive edge of all teams BUT the patriots.

"Yet a load of success has a way of dulling a team’s competitive edge, especially when it is assaulted by wannabees like Cincinnati, Miami, Indianapolis, Denver and possibly San Diego, Kansas City and Jacksonville. If players don’t exactly get fat and lazy after reaching the Super Bowl, they at least get more comfortable than they had been."

pretty bogus article.

I think the basic premise behind the article is that the Patriots, all things being equal, should not suffer the kind of crazy scenario's they did last year.

Hopefully we wont have:

A key player on D retire right on the brink of the season

A Defensive leader miss half the season with a stroke

To lose 80% of our O-line to injuries at some stage

To lose our starting centre for the 2nd half of the campaign

To start a Free agent RB that only signed the week before

Our QB play with a hernia for half the season.

To lose our best D-Lineman for large portions of the season.

Seems like your average season wouldnt contain all these mishaps.

I am pretty sure that the Patriots have set of record for the most injured players the last few years, the first 2 times they were able to overcome them - last year it was a little too much for them.

NM

augustashark
03-02-2006, 12:22 PM
I think the basic premise behind the article is that the Patriots, all things being equal, should not suffer the kind of crazy scenario's they did last year.

Hopefully we wont have:

A key player on D retire right on the brink of the season

A Defensive leader miss half the season with a stroke

To lose 80% of our O-line to injuries at some stage

To lose our starting centre for the 2nd half of the campaign

To start a Free agent RB that only signed the week before

Our QB play with a hernia for half the season.

To lose our best D-Lineman for large portions of the season.

Seems like your average season wouldnt contain all these mishaps.

NM

And if it were'nt for the almighty afc east! Give me a break, you think that because you were dealt a bad hand with all of your injuries and still made the playoffs makes you a top contender for next year! If the nfl has shown us nothing, it has shown us that good teams fall the next year and bad teams can get much better.

Just give thanks to who ever you do, that you're in the afc east! Actually you know what if miami can get brees........Oh hell your times over!

hardwork
03-02-2006, 12:32 PM
If the nfl has shown us nothing, it has shown us that good teams fall the next year and bad teams can get much better.

Really? I guess that takes care of the Steelers. Hope you had a good time. Of course since the Patriots have won 3 out of 5 it doesn't look like that applies to us.

tony hipchest
03-02-2006, 12:33 PM

I am pretty sure that the Patriots have set of record for the most injured players the last few years, the first 2 times they were able to overcome them - last year it was a little too much for them.

NM

hmmm. i smell a trend. stuff it catching up. the authors premise is bunk. it is sugarcoated with the fact that the patriots will wear the cloak of invincibility next season and will themselves to homefield advantage, ignoring all competition and actually playing the games. you think carson palmer wanted to get hurt? too bad he didnt have the will and desire of the patriots.

i am gonna use 3 other recent success stories in sports as examples of why i think this story is flawed in its thinking. the lakers after their 3 peat, the yankees up until 2000 and jeff gordon after his 4th winston cup champ. these 3 were all expected to be able to flip the switch and will themselves to another championship cause of an air of superiority based on past success. it still hasnt happenend for them though. other teams, owners, players etc. pay and get paid to catch up. but like the yankees do every year the pats should be happy they are the favorites to win it all again.

augustashark
03-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Really? I guess that takes care of the Steelers. Hope you had a good time. Of course since the Patriots have won 3 out of 5 it doesn't look like that applies to us.

What happen after the 2001 season. You can go on and on with examples. At this time of the year on paper the pats and steelers look like a lock for the playoffs and as contenders for the sb, but you know that does'nt always work out.

Livinginthe past
03-02-2006, 12:53 PM
And if it were'nt for the almighty afc east! Give me a break, you think that because you were dealt a bad hand with all of your injuries and still made the playoffs makes you a top contender for next year! If the nfl has shown us nothing, it has shown us that good teams fall the next year and bad teams can get much better.

Just give thanks to who ever you do, that you're in the afc east! Actually you know what if miami can get brees........Oh hell your times over!

The AFC East has been a very strong conference for a number of years - last year was the first year it got hit real bad with injuries - the Jets and the Bill had a real hard time.

Yes, I think if you can struggle through lost of injuries and still make the playoffs it does make you a real contender for the year after...seems logical to me.

Miami will be a very decent outfit next year, especially if they can add a good QB to the mix.

The Jets and Bills are probably still some way off challenging for the playoffs but you never know I guess.

The Patriots have been consistently good for the last 5 years - no reason to believe they will be anything other than that next year.

NM

hardwork
03-02-2006, 12:53 PM
What happen after the 2001 season. You can go on and on with examples. At this time of the year on paper the pats and steelers look like a lock for the playoffs and as contenders for the sb, but you know that does'nt always work out.

Of course. We don't even know what effect the current labor problems will have. They could seriously hurt the Patriots. You probably know more about what they could do to the Steelers.

My post was to have a little off season fun, and to point to a very real truth about the Patriots. They still have a lot left, and I highly doubt they're finished.

tony hipchest
03-02-2006, 01:04 PM

NM

i just realized we were reading different articles. here is the authors premise:

"Next year they will win the Super Bowl because they will be hungry and vengeful."

you may have misinterpreted:

"Quite frankly, much of the Patriots' undoing this year had little to do with specific areas of weakness, like the surprise retirement of linebacker Ted Johnson right before the season, or the knee injury that caused Richard Seymour to miss four games, or the season-ending injuries to Rodney Harrison and Tyrone Poole, or the suddenly aged wheels of Corey Dillon."

final verdict: the piece is bunk

hardwork
03-02-2006, 01:07 PM
The AFC East has been a very strong conference for a number of years - last year was the first year it got hit real bad with injuries - the Jets and the Bill had a real hard time.

Yes, I think if you can struggle through lost of injuries and still make the playoffs it does make you a real contender for the year after...seems logical to me.

Miami will be a very decent outfit next year, especially if they can add a good QB to the mix.

The Patriots have been consistently good for the last 5 years - no reason to believe they will be anything other than that next year.

NM

I agree. Good post.

augustashark
03-02-2006, 01:15 PM
If the afc championship is steelers vs pats then I'm ok with that. Two deserving teams that do things the right way.

hardwork
03-02-2006, 02:47 PM
.... the current labor problems will have. They could seriously hurt the Patriots.

I have to amend that. As this story breaks, and gets analyzed on the fly, it's hard to get a handle on it. However, from what I'm hearing now, the Patriots should come out of this, either way, in pretty good shape. Teams like the Colts could get killed. Too bad, huh?

Cape Cod Steel Head
03-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Will not happen! And yes I'm willing to put money on that!

hardwork
03-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Will not happen! And yes I'm willing to put money on that!

I could care less what anyone who lives in Mass. and roots for a team other then the Patriots thinks. You're worse then those who live here but root for the Yankees. Hey, do you root for the Taliban to?

Suitanim
03-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm sure the 1995 Cowboys and the 1979 Steelers felt much the same way.

The Phins are a QB away from taking your division, and you arrogant bastards are already making your SB travel plans. And you wonder why everybody hates Pats fans?

hardwork
03-02-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm sure the 1995 Cowboys and the 1979 Steelers felt much the same way.

The Phins are a QB away from taking your division, and you arrogant bastards are already making your SB travel plans. And you wonder why everybody hates Pats fans?

Hate is suitanuts middle name.

BTW, we aren't arrogant, just good.

Suitanim
03-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Not so good in Denver, though, eh?

hardwork
03-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Not so good in Denver, though, eh?

Better then you though, eh, and on your own turf.

tony hipchest
03-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Better then you though, and on your own turf. looks like someone else is living in the past. who were you a fan of during the pats 1-15 season? how bout that pathetic sb performance against the bears. atleast if your team ever makes it back to a sb the steelers have shown them how to win by more than a fg. lmao!

Suitanim
03-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Better then you though, and on your own turf.

In the regular season, though. I thought that didn't count? Or it does count, but only when the Pats win, or it doesn't...Hell, I can't keep track of all the bullshit and "Cold Hard Facts" that the Pats have been stroking each others jocks with over the last few years...

hardwork
03-02-2006, 08:57 PM
In the regular season, though.

Yeah, we never beat you in the playoffs on your turf. Ok, wonderlic kid.

tony hipchest
03-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah, we never beat you in the playoffs on your turf. Ok, wonderlic kid.
fyi hardwork, dont believe all your personalities/friends who have you convinced that brady scored a 50 on his wonderlic test too. its just a rumor. lol!

hardwork
03-02-2006, 09:11 PM
lol!

What? Only an "lol", not a "LMAO"? See, you're not trying hard enough.

3 to be 4
03-02-2006, 09:13 PM
there is a logical reason why the Patriots wont be going away any time soon. A very solid organization and talented personnel people who have a deep draft coming up with a lot of picks.

tony hipchest
03-02-2006, 09:20 PM
there is a logical reason why the Patriots wont be going away any time soon. A very solid organization and talented personnel people who have a deep draft coming up with a lot of picks.

ahhhh.... back on track. points that cant be disputed but the article that was the premise of this thread is totally bunk.

hardwork
03-02-2006, 09:23 PM

Sure. This group just won't except failure. Kraft knows there will be hard times, but he and the people you mention are working hard to keep those times limited. This is the best franchise in sports right now.

DIESELMAN
03-02-2006, 09:39 PM
You can't do it every year. Even the best need to refocus every once and awhile. This years pretenders to the thrown had their time in the sun. I hope they enjoyed it because that's all their going to get. You can bank on this. The Patriots will take the Super Bowl again next season.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11191783/

"Dwelling on why the Patriots didn't make the Super Bowl this season is loser talk, because it's nearly impossible to remain on top year after year. And it takes away from the accomplishments of teams that did better, including the Colts, Broncos and especially the Steelers.

The issue here is maintaining a level of excellence over a long period of time. Using that measuring stick, the Patriots currently have no equal.

Next year they will win the Super Bowl because they will be hungry and vengeful. They will want to atone for a bizarre season that included one of their top linebackers suffering a stroke and then returning to play, and their star quarterback playing the second half of the season with a hernia.

Quite frankly, much of the Patriots' undoing this year had little to do with specific areas of weakness, like the surprise retirement of linebacker Ted Johnson right before the season, or the knee injury that caused Richard Seymour to miss four games, or the season-ending injuries to Rodney Harrison and Tyrone Poole, or the suddenly aged wheels of Corey Dillon.

Rather, it was about a collective mentality. The Patriots tried to will themselves to the title because they're used to doing just that. This time they didn't have enough will to go along with a shortage of healthy bodies.

Next year will be different. The Patriots will re-tool their roster and come back as strong as ever. Instead of starting off the season a mediocre 4-4, as they did in 2005, they will be stronger, more focused and more determined to post the best record in the AFC so they can entertain playoff opponents on the tundra that is their home field."

:yawn: every other day I see a thread like this...how the Pats are going to do this and do that..wait until this years season and when the Pats don't start 0-5 then you can come in here and talk the talk.....

hardwork
03-02-2006, 09:57 PM
:yawn: every other day I see a thread like this...how the Pats are going to do this and do that..wait until this years season and when the Pats don't start 0-5 then you can come in here and talk the talk.....

Do they air your shop out, or are you sucking in exhaust all day?

DIESELMAN
03-02-2006, 10:13 PM
"Do they air your shop out, or are you sucking in exhaust all day?" YEAH!!!.....I love the smell of exhaust in the morning and the Pats can't play football....

hardwork
03-02-2006, 10:21 PM
"BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!"

In case you don't know, Americans don't bow down to anyones colors. Except, the RED, WHITE, and BLUE.

DIESELMAN
03-02-2006, 10:34 PM
"BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!"

In case you don't know, Americans don't bow down to anyones colors. Except, the RED, WHITE, and BLUE.
No Way...Really? its a football reference to other teams.......:dang: and trust me I know all about the Red White and Blue not bowing down to anyone....STFU DOORKNOB!!!!

hardwork
03-02-2006, 10:40 PM
and trust me I know all about the Red White and Blue not bowing down to anyone....STFU DOORKNOB!!!!

What you'd do, clean piss tubes on an Airforce base?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Oh for Shit sake here we go again...

83-Steelers-43
03-02-2006, 11:07 PM
What you'd do, clean piss tubes on an Airforce base?

And what exactly have you done in defense of this country?

augustashark
03-02-2006, 11:49 PM

He takes care of all the fat skanks! If you have'nt noticed they are taking over the world!:sofunny:

hardwork
03-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Oh for Shit sake here we go again...

Learn to control your posters Blitz.

hardwork
03-02-2006, 11:54 PM

More then enough. Much more then enough.

3 to be 4
03-03-2006, 01:25 AM
"I dont want to get into this with you man. You see, id kill you, then the police would have to come and they'd be all this paperwork....."

Judd Nelson in the "Breakfast Club"

83-Steelers-43
03-03-2006, 07:55 AM

Yeah I bet......pfffhhh

hardwork
03-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Yeah I bet......pfffhhh

If you can't handle the answer son, don't ask the question.

tony hipchest
03-03-2006, 07:17 PM

translation: "im a patriots fan so i do more than troops who actually fight in wars, by rooting on tom brady"

notice he didnt care to expand or elaborate on what "more than enough" actually was? i guess greeting sailors of the us navy when they come to port is kind of embarassing to admit on a public forum.

3 to be 4
03-03-2006, 07:22 PM
i guess greeting sailors of the us navy when they come to port is kind of embarassing to admit on a public forum.

have to admit that is really funny:sofunny: :bouncy: :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
03-03-2006, 08:31 PM

If you can't handle the response, don't criticize somebody else that serves or who has served this country...."son". But judging by your past threads and posts, I'm not surprised.

You never really answered my question. What have you done? What? Were you at the "Bulge"? Charge the beaches of Normandy? Judging that you have zero credibility or class in my book, I doubt I will believe any answer you give. It's just odd that If you claim to have served this country, that you would have the balls to insult anybody for whatever type of service they have given or are currently giving to our armed services and country. Then again, this goes back to my lack of class comment so I guess I should not be surprised?

Trash talking is one thing. Second guessing or insulting somebody's service in the military (the people who protect your ass) shows total lack of class and respect. But you don't care, right? Your a tough guy from Boston who talks real tough on an opposing teams message board behind your computer screen.

hardwork
03-03-2006, 10:33 PM
You know what, 83Steelers, I wrote something out for you but I got a better idea.

Whatever you say, son.

DIESELMAN
03-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Nothing is as it seems............with your reply of "RED,WHITE AND BLUE" it appears you've offended more people then you can chew on.This is a open forum

and people can talk freely about football or pretty much any subject you wish without a whole lot of restrictions.What started out as simple trash talk about

your team YOU have escalated into something much bigger."and trust me I know all about the Red White and Blue not bowing down to anyone....STFU DOORKNOB!!!!"
your reply of "What you'd do, clean piss tubes on an Airforce base?" didn't really offend me as much as it PISSED ME THE **** OFF!!!!! I've never questioned

anyones integrity,honor or service to his/her country on this site or anywhere.....I take great pride in having served in the US Army and I'll go on record

and say this much about my 6 years in the US Army.I served my whole tour at Ft. Stewart,GA. 24th ID(now the 3rd ID).I was a diesel mechanic in the military

where I was very proficient in working on anything from HUMVEES to M-1A1 and A2's.So proficient in fact that I was on a MST Inspection team that conducted

Inspections of every unit and every piece of equipment in the Southeast Command Region.While serving in Desert Shield/Storm in 90-91 I was chief mechanic

overseeing 3 MST units that provided support to 3 Armor Battalions maintaining a 98+% combat readiness for each Battalion.For my service dedication and

professionalism while serving in Desert Storm I received 3 Army Commendation Medals one for each Battalion that ripped through Saddam's wannabee Republican

Guard like they were wet paper.Did I expect the awards? no did I earn them?yes along with my fellow soldiers who got Arcom's as well(if they hadn't of gotten

theirs I would've respectfully turned mine down) note I wasn't a Green Beret or Special Forces nor did I receive my medals for being a hero.I served my

country as best as I could under any and all circumstances.Did I sacrifice? did I lose anything that meant the world to me? no more and no less then any man

or woman who had served with me before me or after me.I am currently back over here in the land of sand serving my country....I have said this before and I'll say it again when someone questions my integrity or honor then that is

what you would call "FIGHTING WORDS".I come home in May name the time and place.........as for 83-Steelers-43 Thanks again for having my back this isn't your

fight but I appreciate it all the same.

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-03-2006, 11:59 PM

Problem is you didn't answer the question, why don't you go back to the dock the next ship is due in!!

Cape Cod Steel Head
03-04-2006, 08:20 AM
But before you leave for the docks put your money where your big mouth is.

Stlrs4Life
03-04-2006, 11:50 AM
translation: "im a patriots fan so i do more than troops who actually fight in wars, by rooting on tom brady"

notice he didnt care to expand or elaborate on what "more than enough" actually was? i guess greeting sailors of the us navy when they come to port is kind of embarassing to admit on a public forum.

Still laughing at this one!!!!!!!!!:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

hardwork
03-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Nothing is as it seems............with your reply of "RED,WHITE AND BLUE" it appears you've offended more people then you can chew on.This is a open forum

and people can talk freely about football or pretty much any subject you wish without a whole lot of restrictions.What started out as simple trash talk about

your team YOU have escalated into something much bigger."and trust me I know all about the Red White and Blue not bowing down to anyone....STFU DOORKNOB!!!!"
your reply of "What you'd do, clean piss tubes on an Airforce base?" didn't really offend me as much as it PISSED ME THE **** OFF!!!!! I've never questioned

anyones integrity,honor or service to his/her country on this site or anywhere.....I take great pride in having served in the US Army and I'll go on record

and say this much about my 6 years in the US Army.I served my whole tour at Ft. Stewart,GA. 24th ID(now the 3rd ID).I was a diesel mechanic in the military

where I was very proficient in working on anything from HUMVEES to M-1A1 and A2's.So proficient in fact that I was on a MST Inspection team that conducted

Inspections of every unit and every piece of equipment in the Southeast Command Region.While serving in Desert Shield/Storm in 90-91 I was chief mechanic

overseeing 3 MST units that provided support to 3 Armor Battalions maintaining a 98+% combat readiness for each Battalion.For my service dedication and

professionalism while serving in Desert Storm I received 3 Army Commendation Medals one for each Battalion that ripped through Saddam's wannabee Republican

Guard like they were wet paper.Did I expect the awards? no did I earn them?yes along with my fellow soldiers who got Arcom's as well(if they hadn't of gotten

theirs I would've respectfully turned mine down) note I wasn't a Green Beret or Special Forces nor did I receive my medals for being a hero.I served my

country as best as I could under any and all circumstances.Did I sacrifice? did I lose anything that meant the world to me? no more and no less then any man

or woman who had served with me before me or after me.I am currently back over here in the land of sand serving my country....I have said this before and I'll say it again when someone questions my integrity or honor then that is

what you would call "FIGHTING WORDS".I come home in May name the time and place.........as for 83-Steelers-43 Thanks again for having my back this isn't your

fight but I appreciate it all the same.

You say you "served my whole tour at Ft. Stewart,GA" but then you talk about "serving in Desert Storm". You mean you served in Desert Storm from Ft. Stewart, Ga.?

Anyway, it's funny to see you and the rest of these wannabes take such exception to the fact that I talked about the Red, White, and Blue, and asked you if you cleaned piss tubes. While it's just terrific you served you were in the rear with the gear and no you didn't lose "no less then any man". Talk to some of those who have been at the point of the sword about what they lost. Things like arms, legs, eyes, and the ability to ever totaly relax again for the rest of their lives.

If I don't seem sorry about what I said it's because I'm not. You over reacted. And for a guy who spent his time in the rear with the gear that's never a smart thing to do. It's like thinking you played for the Steelers if you were just a ****ing water boy.

tony hipchest
03-04-2006, 12:13 PM
wow, look where this thread has gone. hilarious!

"dockboy" served long and hard cleaning the fleshy piss tubes at the port.

thanks dockboy, and God bless. :salute:

hardwork
03-04-2006, 12:16 PM
The Squealers. Super Bowl champions lite. Their fans? REMFs.

tony hipchest
03-04-2006, 01:00 PM
the patriots played their absolute best in 3 superbowls and barely squeaked out 3 pt wins with the aid of a kicker. the steelers played one of their worst games in the sb and won by 11 points not even needing to attempt a fg. true afc power finally materialized in this sb. patriots have been a shame and a poor representation of the afc dominance over the nfc in recent years. when the nfc ruled, teams like sf, dallas, giants, washington, crushed the opponents.

all of nfl fans except the tiny regional fanbases of the eagles and patriots know the steelers wouldve smacked around the eagles in sb 39 too.

steelers > patriots - and dockboy knows it.

hardwork
03-04-2006, 01:19 PM
the patriots played their absolute best in 3 superbowls and barely squeaked out 3 pt wins with the aid of a kicker. the steelers played one of their worst games in the sb and won by 11 points not even needing to attempt a fg. true afc power finally materialized in this sb. patriots have been a shame and a poor representation of the afc dominance over the nfc in recent years. when the nfc ruled, teams like sf, dallas, giants, washington, crushed the opponents.

all of nfl fans except the tiny regional fanbases of the eagles and patriots know the steelers wouldve smacked around the eagles in sb 39 too.

What a pathetic analysis from your basic Squealer fan.

tony hipchest
03-04-2006, 01:35 PM
patriots "dynasty" = paper dynasty (looks good on paper)

a true dynasty rules with an iron fist, not a kickers foot.

its over frauds.

enjoy your newfound yankeefan mentality, dockboy.

the iron fist has arrived and taken what is righfully theirs. go steelers!

tony hipchest
03-04-2006, 01:58 PM
More then enough. Much more then enough.:finger: :whistle: "sitting on the dock of the bay......." :whistle:

:chuckle:

Stlrs4Life
03-04-2006, 03:31 PM
So hardwork, you are counting the Steelers out? Good, hopefully the entire NFL will also. I think it will be interesting to see. I don't count the Patriots out, but not annointing them champs automatically.

hardwork
03-04-2006, 04:09 PM
So hardwork, you are counting the Steelers out? Good, hopefully the entire NFL will also. I think it will be interesting to see. I don't count the Patriots out, but not annointing them champs automatically.

Honestly? No, I don't count the Steelers out by a long shot. Nor do I really think the Patriots are any kind of a lock. Each season is a new adventure. That's the fun of it all.

DIESELMAN
03-04-2006, 06:14 PM
You say you "served my whole tour at Ft. Stewart,GA" but then you talk about "serving in Desert Storm". You mean you served in Desert Storm from Ft. Stewart, Ga.?

Anyway, it's funny to see you and the rest of these wannabes take such exception to the fact that I talked about the Red, White, and Blue, and asked you if you cleaned piss tubes. While it's just terrific you served you were in the rear with the gear and no you didn't lose "no less then any man". Talk to some of those who have been at the point of the sword about what they lost. Things like arms, legs, eyes, and the ability to ever totaly relax again for the rest of their lives.

If I don't seem sorry about what I said it's because I'm not. You over reacted. And for a guy who spent his time in the rear with the gear that's never a smart thing to do. It's like thinking you played for the Steelers if you were just a ****ing water boy.

You are a piece of work dude.......just to enlighten you and I really don't know why I'm wasting my time with your worthless ass,but I've got a couple minutes to spare.I wasn't a rear echelon Mother ****er while serving in Desert Storm but I am A Mother ****er and like I said name the time and place..thats the second time I've called you out....I supported Armor battalions which I didn't do from the rear when we hit the ground.......I'll let you and all your vast knowledge of war figure that one out.....if you had any honor or respect you would know why talking about the Red White and Blue pissed me off so until you come back on here with something worth reading go back to cuddling with your boyfriend......

Suitanim
03-04-2006, 06:16 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if I was a Pats fan, I'd be shitting my pants at the thought of Miami securing a decent QB. And it's VERY possible that they may land a very good QB. That means game over Pats.

Suitanim
03-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Whoops, Diesel...didn't mean to step on your post...by all means continue kicking HW's ass...

hardwork
03-04-2006, 08:39 PM
.............I'd be shitting my pants .............

I suspect you are already, on an hourly basis.

Suitanim
03-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Bashing me will not save your team from the Dolphins.

Try harder, and be more relevant next time.

Ambridge
03-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey, the Pats have taken the first step on the road to Superbowl XLI........they've resigned Hank Poteat.

hardwork
03-04-2006, 08:50 PM
You are a piece of work dude.......just to enlighten you and I really don't know why I'm wasting my time with your worthless ass,but I've got a couple minutes to spare.I wasn't a rear echelon Mother ****er while serving in Desert Storm but I am A Mother ****er and like I said name the time and place..thats the second time I've called you out....I supported Armor battalions which I didn't do from the rear when we hit the ground.......I'll let you and all your vast knowledge of war figure that one out.....if you had any honor or respect you would know why talking about the Red White and Blue pissed me off so until you come back on here with something worth reading go back to cuddling with your boyfriend......

Ok, leg. Tough war that Desert Storm.

BTW, you name the time and place, I'll be there. Don't worry about identifying yourself. I can spot a straight leg REMF from a mile away.

3 to be 4
03-04-2006, 09:18 PM

ok, i know lackofwork ticked you off but c'mon. if thats so why did the "poor representitive" beat the awesome Steelers twice in the AFCC Game in Pittsburgh?

you dont need to shit on everything Patriots because hardonatwork is being an ass

3 to be 4
03-04-2006, 09:22 PM

BTW, you name the time and place, I'll be there. Don't worry about identifying yourself. I can spot a straight leg REMF from a mile away.

hey hardwork, as one Patriot fan to another, shut the **** up, will you? You sound like a guy hes never done a thing. You sound like an idiot going after anyone who has served their country the way Deiselman has. Normally I wouldnt get into a scrap like this but I really dont want folks from Western Pennsylvania thinking this is representitive of Patriot Nation.
so again, i respectfully ask that you shut the **** up!!

hardwork
03-04-2006, 09:27 PM
ok, i know lackofwork ticked you off but c'mon. if thats so why did the "poor representitive" beat the awesome Steelers twice in the AFCC Game in Pittsburgh?

you dont need to shit on everything Patriots because hardonatwork is being an ass

Oh no, 3 to be 4, I'm...........I'm..............I'm so hurt.

3 to be 4
03-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Oh no, 3 to be 4, I'm...........I'm..............I'm so hurt.

probably not, you war expert, you.

its tough to be hurt when your distracting yourself masterbating in your mothers bedroom.

Suitanim
03-04-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm sure not the only one who bears witness to the dissension in the ranks. The inevitable collapse of structure around the mighty fortress that is the Pats Bandwagon.

In other words, the rats appear to be fleeing the ship...

3 to be 4
03-04-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm sure not the only one who bears witness to the dissension in the ranks. The inevitable collapse of structure around the mighty fortress that is the Pats Bandwagon.

In other words, the rats appear to be fleeing the ship...

its certainly not about football, Suit.

Im more concerned about anyones war service being questioned, especially when its from someone who's idea of service is continually and pleadingly asking his grandfather if could change his diapers for him.

hardwork
03-04-2006, 09:39 PM
hey hardwork, as one Patriot fan to another, shut the **** up, will you? You sound like a guy hes never done a thing. You sound like an idiot going after anyone who has served their country the way Deiselman has. Normally I wouldnt get into a scrap like this but I really dont want folks from Western Pennsylvania thinking this is representitive of Patriot Nation.
so again, i respectfully ask that you shut the **** up!!

3 to be 4, stay out of it. This is between me and Deiselman. It seems all the exhaust has gotten to his brain and he has forgotten who fights the wars and who supports those of us who fight them and the difference between the two. He'll come around. He just needs to be put back in his place. You see, grunts don't fight for the Red, White, and Blue. That's for phonies. Grunts fight to kill so they can stay alive.

Suitanim
03-04-2006, 09:45 PM

Im more concerned about anyones war service being questioned, especially when its from someone who's idea of service is continually and pleadingly asking his grandfather if could change his diapers for him.

My bad...I got a bit caught up in the hyperbole...

But, I will say this. I have no problem with you roosting here. You aren't a Steelers fan, per se, but you have proved your point, and proved it with some class and character, even while all the other shit was going down. We've scuffled more than twice, and it's still all good. I think I speak for many if not most here when I say that this board is open to anyone who let's the board open them up a bit, and vice versa. You fit that bill much better than, well, let's not go there...

3 to be 4
03-04-2006, 09:45 PM
3 to be 4, stay out of it. This is between me and Deiselman. It seems all the exhaust has gotten to his brain and he has forgotten who fights the wars and who supports those of us who fight them and the difference between the two. He'll come around. He just needs to be put back in his place. You see, grunts don't fight for the Red, White, and Blue. That's for phonies. Grunts fight to kill so they can stay alive.

Nintendo doesnt count, hardwork. Mommy just called, dinner is ready.

hardwork
03-04-2006, 09:46 PM

You know, I was going to let your other remarks go but...........First you say you're concerned about someone's service being questioned, then you question someones service. I don't think you're to up on military service, 3 to be 4. Again, stay out of it.

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Dock boy ,WTF do you know about fighting ?? Your feeble attempts at verbal jousting are pathetic !!For you to question anybody's service to OUR country is bullsh*t ! You keep insinuating your time in the service, but you have been called out several times and your silence on the matter speaks volumes. I just hope that everyone realizes how much you like recieving reacharounds! and that not all the Pats fans in here are complete A$$es!

Suitanim
03-04-2006, 09:49 PM
HW, have you ever heard the term "concede".

Can you look it up?

That term has your name written all over it...

hardwork
03-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Nintendo doesnt count, hardwork. Mommy just called, dinner is ready.

You're in over your head 3 to be 4.

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-04-2006, 09:52 PM

Better then being in it for the "HEAD", dock sucker

3 to be 4
03-04-2006, 10:01 PM

ooooh. im just drowning. help! help!

With your vast military background you should be able to save me, Admiral Hardwork!!

3 to be 4
03-04-2006, 10:03 PM
My bad...I got a bit caught up in the hyperbole...

But, I will say this. I have no problem with you roosting here. You aren't a Steelers fan, per se, but you have proved your point, and proved it with some class and character, even while all the other shit was going down. We've scuffled more than twice, and it's still all good. I think I speak for many if not most here when I say that this board is open to anyone who let's the board open them up a bit, and vice versa. You fit that bill much better than, well, let's not go there...

I appreciate that, Suit. Right back at you.

hardwork
03-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Dock boy ,WTF do you know about fighting ?? Your feeble attempts at verbal jousting are pathetic !!For you to question anybody's service to OUR country is bullsh*t ! You keep insinuating your time in the service, but you have been called out several times and your silence on the matter speaks volumes. I just hope that everyone realizes how much you like recieving reacharounds! and that not all the Pats fans in here are complete A$$es!

Well, well, well.

I'm retired military. I served with the 75th Rangers in Vietnam. I was trained by SOG(Special Operations Group). I have 6 gunshot wounds from AK47s. I have multiple fragmentation wounds from RPGs and mortar rounds. And I can prove every single bit of it. Anyone who gets compensation from the VA has his record in the public domain. By that I mean all you have to do is call the VA give them my name and they are required to give you the amount of comp I receive and whether it is for war wounds.

Anyone want to place a bet?

BTW, this is between dieselman and me. I'm not questioning whether he served or not. I didn't like the way he came back at my post. That's my f***ing business.

3 to be 4
03-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Well, well, well.

I'm retired military. I served with the 75th Rangers in Vietnam. I was trained by SOG(Special Operations Group). I have 6 gunshot wounds from AK47s. I have multiple fragmentation wounds from RPGs and mortar rounds. And I can prove every single bit of it. Anyone who gets compensation from the VA has his record in the public domain. By that I mean all you have to do is call the VA give them my name and they are required to give you the amount of comp I receive and whether it is for war wounds.

Anyone want to place a bet?

BTW, this is between dieselman and me. I'm not questioning whether he served or not. I didn't like the way he came back at my post. That's my f***ing business.

whatever you say. I called them and they have no record of a "Hardwork". Not even an Admiral Hardwork. Not even Captain Crunch Hardwork. Is this Senator McCain?????

hardwork
03-04-2006, 10:09 PM
ooooh. im just drowning. help! help!

With your vast military background you should be able to save me, Admiral Hardwork!!

You already went down. No saving your ass.

hardwork
03-04-2006, 10:12 PM
whatever you say. I called them and they have no record of a "Hardwork". Not even an Admiral Hardwork. Not even Captain Crunch Hardwork. Is this Senator McCain?????

Whats the problem? Chickening out are you? No bet?

3 to be 4
03-04-2006, 10:17 PM
zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz its late. good night.

hardwork
03-04-2006, 10:22 PM
zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz its late. good night.

That's what I thought, chickenshit.

tony hipchest
03-04-2006, 10:24 PM
whatever you say. I called them and they have no record of a "Hardwork". Not even an Admiral Hardwork. Not even Captain Crunch Hardwork. Is this Senator McCain????? lol! capn' crunch??????:sofunny:

hardwork, thats great and all getting shot up in nam, but youre still a prick. if what you say is true i respect you a little more than i did. correction, i respect what you DID and the time you may have served. im not the type to take away from ANYONES service, whether they root for the pats or steelers, were drafted or joined, served in the af, navy, army or marines.

the military is honorable work. but it seems like you have to play a game of one upsmanship with someone elses service in the same way you do with the team someone roots for. pretty petty and pretty bogus.

i must ammend this post cause its not "great and all" for any americain servicemember to get shot up during the time of duty no matter what team they root for. its not like i would pull for a member of the vc or republican guard just cause they were the worlds biggest steelerfan.

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-04-2006, 10:32 PM
hardwork, thats great and all getting shot up in nam, but youre still a prick. if what you say is true i respect you a little more than i did. correction, i respect what you DID and the time you may have served. im not the type to take away from ANYONES service, whether they root for the pats or steelers, were drafted or joined, served in the af, navy, army or marines.

the military is honorable work. but it seems like you have to play a game of one upsmanship with someone elses service in the same way you do with the team someone roots for. pretty petty and pretty bogus.

IF you served I do respect that but with all the bullsh*t you post it's hardwork believing it!!

hardwork
03-04-2006, 10:37 PM
lol! capn' crunch??????:sofunny:

I'm going to say this once more. I didn't like the way dieselman came on. I shot back. In truth I respect him for his service. We need the guys in support. They do important work. I lost my temper, and so did he.

Now, am I a prick? Yes. I don't care if you like me or not. Most of the guys who did the kind of stuff I did in the service are a little nuts. That includes me. But I take our troops very seriously. I take those who are the point of the sword very very seriously. I think of them every day. I prey few of them will get all shot up as so many of the guys in my unit did. So, hate me if you want, I don't care. But, know this, you won't find a stronger supporter of our fighting men.

tony hipchest
03-04-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm going to say this once more. I didn't like the way dieselman came on. I shot back. In truth I respect him for his service. We need the guys in support. They do important work. I lost my temper, and so did he.

Now, am I a prick? Yes. I don't care if you like me or not. Most of the guys who did the kind of stuff I did in the service are a little nuts. That includes me. But I take our troops very seriously. I take those who are the point of the sword very very seriously. I think of them every day. I prey few of them will get all shot up as so many of the guys in my unit did. So, hate me if you want, I don't care. But, know this, you won't find a stronger supporter of our fighting men. my edit didnt come through in my post you quoted so check it out if you missed it. as for hating you thats not the case. pretty much the most anyone will get out of me on this board is me calling them a prick. you accepted that just as i would being called an *******. as for any dockboy jokes i cant apologize cause i thought they were pretty damn funny and couldve been avoided if you had been forthright in the first place. i will (and enjoy) talking shit with anyone concerning football or even other sports. but its just that, talking shit. nevertheless, regardless what team we root for we all share one thing in common. we are all football fans. that cannot be taken away from any of us.

and while i do appreciate and definitely understand your viewpoint on the "tip of the sword" analogy, i really have a great deal of respect for those in support. having tried to join the military to be a field surgeon, i can appreciate those who have sewn up, and saved the lives of those injured in combat, so that they can return home to their families. while not pulling the trigger, (which i would more than gladly do) i think is a very important and honorable job. everybody in the service has a job to do. all make the machine work. pardon the comparrison but while a. vinatieri wasnt on the front lines, his job was very important to the patriots winning the game.

DIESELMAN
03-04-2006, 11:25 PM

Now, am I a prick? Yes. I don't care if you like me or not. Most of the guys who did the kind of stuff I did in the service are a little nuts. That includes me. But I take our troops very seriously. I take those who are the point of the sword very very seriously. I think of them every day. I prey few of them will get all shot up as so many of the guys in my unit did. So, hate me if you want, I don't care. But, know this, you won't find a stronger supporter of our fighting men.

I respect anyone who served in Vietnam no matter what their MOS was.The point being they were there...whatever anyone has been through in a time of war is not a point to be questioned or dissected.No matter what anyone has seen or been through they will always have those moments to live with for the rest of their lives no matter if they want to or not.Notice I'm not dissecting your experiences in Vietnam...why? personally I don't give a rat's ass what you went through just like you don't give a shit of what I've been through.but I take a man's word if he says he did something or was somewhere ..why? because thats all anyone has got is their word.....You took the first jab at me questioning my experiences.....if what I've been through didn't affect me or change me the way it did then I wouldn't have gotten pissed off and I wouldn't have gave a shit what you said...That being said I'm done with this discussion I'm sure you will find your own interpretation of what I just said and try and downplay everything anybody has done except for yourself.....so be a man and walk away from this thread with not another word said about it.....I give you my respect for having served the United States of America and for serving in the hell hole of Vietnam.

hardwork
03-05-2006, 12:11 AM
......so be a man and walk away from this thread with not another word said about it....

When I walk away from this thread is my business not yours, and what makes me a man is also my business not yours. You got a lot to learn young fella.

hardwork
03-05-2006, 12:29 AM
"if you had been forthright in the first place."

I was, forthright in the first place. I said I'd done more then enough, and that should have been enough. Between those who know, it is enough. But, it's all forgotten as far as I'm concerned.

tony hipchest
03-05-2006, 12:55 AM
"if you had been forthright in the first place."

I was, forthright in the first place. I said I'd done more then enough, and that should have been enough. Between those who know, it is enough. But, it's all forgotten as far as I'm concerned.well it did leave it open ,and in my case left it open for jokes and ribbing. and initially you did choose not to elaborate. i can understand if you dont wanna wear your military service on your sleeve on a steelers fansite, or come off as someone who brags about doing a job you were obligated to do. i actually respect that. its definitely water under the bridge, as far as im concerned.

steelerfan or patfan, it is obvious you are a member of this site and im sure it is for a reason. probably cause this is the best fansite around. while we may not agree on everything concerning our fan allegiance im sure if we met in a bar we could easilly share a brew, shoot the shit, and talk football. thats good enough for me.:cool:

3 to be 4
03-05-2006, 02:31 AM
That's what I thought, chickenshit.

well, the kid is up at 3AM, so i guess i am too. You see Capn' some of us have actual responsibilities so we have to sleep when we can. How was the war while i was gone?

3 to be 4
03-05-2006, 02:39 AM
oh my, i guess a lot did indeed go on. hmmm.
well, of course if you actually DID those things, i respect that very much. its just funny how all this never came up until you started getting creamed.

you certainly seem to have all the symptoms of severe post traumatic stress disorder, so i'll guess i believe you, and honor your high service to our nation.

3 to be 4
03-05-2006, 06:55 AM
Well, its 7:51AM, and i just noticed that Commander McHale sent me a private message begging me to bet with him like he was an addicted Cosmo Kramer or something. The fact that I wont bet is due to the fact A) i really dont want to know this guy well enough to exchange addresses in any money transaction and B) I really couldnt give enough of a crap.
So i'll drop it. I believe Senator McCain that hes a war hero. I wont question Captain Parminters credentials anymore. Any further exchanges with Major Hochstetter will be about football.

Suitanim
03-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Sorry, guys, but I'm gonna backpeddle my way the Hell outta this thread. Sure, by goading HW I hoped to get some kind of answer, but not this one. I read John Plaster's book on the SOG in Vietnam, and if half of what he wrote was true, those guys are the best of the best of the best, and badasses all. They'd operate in 3 man teams, they were all cross-trained to do several different jobs, they operated almost always deep behind enemy lines, all there mission objectives were difficult at best, impossible at worst (some of them were just suicidal), they ran over 100% casualties, Hell, I could go on and on and on...

Anyway, if HW was in SOG, you DO NOT want to **** with this dude. Even anyone crazy enough to SAY he was SOG is not someone you'd ever want to **** with. Compared to these guys, Rambo is a P ussy...

STEELERDYNASTY
03-06-2006, 01:32 PM
The Patriots are a fraud thier whole "Dynasty" is a fraud Woodson caused that fumble that should have iced the game for the Raiders.....one of the biggest B.S. calls in history....started the patsies on thier littlerun.

3 to be 4
03-06-2006, 05:44 PM
The Patriots are a fraud thier whole "Dynasty" is a fraud Woodson caused that fumble that should have iced the game for the Raiders.....one of the biggest B.S. calls in history....started the patsies on thier littlerun.

so why didnt the Steelers beat the fraud Patriots the next week?

Livinginthe past
03-06-2006, 06:21 PM

Nice avatar.

You ever post at raiderfans.net?

NM

BBC
03-06-2006, 07:00 PM

That was the right call. If you go by the rulebook, there is nothing wrong with that call. Stupid rule? Yes. The right call? Also yes.

SteelCityMan786
03-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Don't count on it. If you guys are injury proned again. The Steelers Will Reign Supreme once more.

Stlrs4Life
03-06-2006, 07:29 PM

HW, I wasn't a leg.

hardwork
03-06-2006, 08:32 PM
HW, I wasn't a leg.

Since you're not DIESELMAN you must have something you need to say. No one is stopping you.

Stlrs4Life
03-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Since you're not DIESELMAN you must have something you need to say. No one is stopping you.

No, when you called him a Leg, I understood what you were calling him.

hardwork
03-09-2006, 05:35 PM
No, when you called him a Leg, I understood what you were calling him.

82nd, Stlrs4Life?

Stlrs4Life
03-11-2006, 09:15 AM
82nd, Stlrs4Life?

101st. Air Assault, I was Airborne qualified at Bragg though. I was a 4 jump chump. LOL.

tim686
03-11-2006, 05:41 PM
I think the Pats had their day. It was for them while it lasted

Suitanim
03-11-2006, 06:08 PM
They still get a lot of play on this board, but I suspect that will change, too...

Livinginthe past
03-11-2006, 11:19 PM

Whats this then?

A game of 'Guess the missing word'?

Im going to take a shot at 'nice'.

NM

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 04:45 PM
I`m not counting the Pats out yet, Brady is a winner whether we like it or not. But for the first time in years we can say we plan on repeating. So the Pats won`t be back this year

Suitanim
03-12-2006, 07:15 PM
The constant Patriots references start to sound like "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" after awhile...

http://www.hissandpop.com/celebrities/p/eveplumb/photos/eve-plumb-010.jpg

Fortunately, like the Brady Bunch, that team probably jumped the shark in Denver and will be cancelled next season.

Petesburgh66
03-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Whats this then?

A game of 'Guess the missing word'?

Im going to take a shot at 'nice'.

NM

I say it's "fun"

Steel Pit
03-13-2006, 12:30 AM
If they stay predominently healthy, the Patriots will be a top contender once again next year. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. I however will not just hand them the Lombardi Trophy. I believe that 2 or 3 AFC teams will be just as strong as the Patriots. The Steelers, Colts, Jaguars, Broncos and Chiefs will have plenty to say about who will be representing the AFC in Super Bowl 41.

Livinginthe past
03-13-2006, 06:57 AM
I say it's "fun"

Yeah 'fun' is a good guess. We can only wait and see who the winner is...hopefully there is a nice prize....

NM

hardwork
03-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Yeah 'fun' is a good guess. We can only wait and see who the winner is...hopefully there is a nice prize....

NM

Or will it be a fun prize.......?

83-Steelers-43
03-15-2006, 08:55 AM

IMO, as long as they have Brady I'll consider them contenders. I'm not nor have I ever counted them out of the picture. I've always respected the players and coaching staff and through that respect I've learned not to ever count them out. Now the fans are a different story. That's a whole other story.

Livinginthe past
03-15-2006, 09:44 AM
IMO, as long as they have Brady I'll consider them contenders. I'm not nor have I ever counted them out of the picture. I've always respected the players and coaching staff and through that respect I've learned not to ever count them out. Now the fans are a different story. That's a whole other story.

Im sure you loved Patriots fans when they were the 'lovable losers' of the NFL .

I bet Seattle fans dont like Steeler fans either - imagine that pain multiplied by 3...ouch.

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Im sure you loved Patriots fans when they were the 'lovable losers' of the NFL .

I bet Seattle fans dont like Steeler fans either - imagine that pain multiplied by 3...ouch.

NM

Actually, I didn't know they even existed when they were the "lovable losers" of the NFL.

Personally, I don't have a complete lack of respect for Patriot fans because the Patriots beat us three times in the playoffs. If that was the case I would also dislike the team. As I already stated, I respect the team and coaching staff. It's just when it comes to the fans, it's a different story. There is not a hatred towards them though, amusement if anything.

Livinginthe past
03-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Actually, I didn't know they even existed when they were the "lovable losers" of the NFL.

Personally, I don't have a complete lack of respect for Patriot fans because the Patriots beat us three times in the playoffs. If that was the case I would also dislike the team. As I already stated, I respect the team and coaching staff. It's just when it comes to the fans, it's a different story. There is not a hatred towards them though, amusement if anything.

I bet its the same story with those damn bandwagon Bengal fans aswell eh?

Getting above their station taking the AFCN...the cheek!

Amusement is fine I guess - we all get our 'jollies' in different ways - you get yours at the expense of a team that beats yours on a regular basis..no harm in that!

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-15-2006, 11:02 AM
I bet its the same story with those damn bandwagon Bengal fans aswell eh?

Getting above their station taking the AFCN...the cheek!

Amusement is fine I guess - we all get our 'jollies' in different ways - you get yours at the expense of a team that beats yours on a regular basis..no harm in that!

NM

Yeah, pretty much the same with "those damn bandwagon Bengal fans".

Once again....follow me here, ready? I don't get amusement from the team. I get amusement from the "fans". There is a difference there. Team, I respect and enjoy watching play the game of football. Fans, amusing. Get it? Eh?

Also, to tell you the truth, this Super Bowl erases all three of those losses in my book. Those three defeats in the history of Steeler football may still stick with some people, but it's not the case with me. See, I'm patient when it comes to Super Bowls. I'm willing to win four and either make the playoffs on a consistent basis or at least be in the hunt and eventually win another Super Bowl. Hell, many teams never even sniffed a Super Bowl, let alone win one. I'm content...lol.

For the record, I get my "jollies" by traveling locally and world wide, good food, poker with friends, Steelers football and watching girl on girl action. :bouncy: :sofunny:

tony hipchest
03-15-2006, 11:51 AM

Once again....follow me here, ready? I don't get amusement from the team. I get amusement from the "fans". There is a difference there. Team, I respect and enjoy watching play the game of football. Fans, amusing. Get it? Eh?

Also, to tell you the truth, this Super Bowl erases all three of those losses in my book. Those three defeats in the history of Steeler football may still stick with some people, but it's not the case with me. See, I'm patient when it comes to Super Bowls. I'm willing to win four and either make the playoffs on a consistent basis or at least be in the hunt and eventually win another Super Bowl. Hell, many teams never even sniffed a Super Bowl, let alone win one. I'm content...lol.

For the record, I get my "jollies" by traveling locally and world wide, good food, poker with friends, Steelers football and watching girl on girl action. :bouncy: :sofunny:

didnt you know that no one is allowed to dislike the patriots or their fans? if they do, there is something inherently wrong with them like being bitter or living in the past. after all patriots are americas team and their fans are americas fans. not liking them is akin to not liking democracy. :rolleyes:

Livinginthe past
03-15-2006, 01:03 PM

I hear ya loud and clear!

You dont really like the fans of teams that get one-up on the Steelers, AFCN, beatings at Heinz Field etc etc - all very understandable.

Im with you on the stuff you do get your jollies from!

Where have ya travelled in a world wide sense? I have done some travelling too!

NM

Livinginthe past
03-15-2006, 01:05 PM
didnt you know that no one is allowed to dislike the patriots or their fans? if they do, there is something inherently wrong with them like being bitter or living in the past. after all patriots are americas team and their fans are americas fans. not liking them is akin to not liking democracy. :rolleyes:

I guess you are right - maybe the Patriots are America's team - the Cowboys have had their turn.

You could feel the sporting public willing the Patriots to make a miraculous shot at a 3-peat - bearing in mind their mediocre regular season, it would have been a fantastic and popular achievement.

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-15-2006, 02:05 PM
I hear ya loud and clear!

You dont really like the fans of teams that get one-up on the Steelers, AFCN, beatings at Heinz Field etc etc - all very understandable.

Im with you on the stuff you do get your jollies from!

Where have ya travelled in a world wide sense? I have done some travelling too!

NM

Good job, you finally distinguished the difference between "fans" and "team". Now we can move on to your next well thought out theory..........

Well, I have no problem with Bronco, Titan, Dolphin, Colt, Bills, Chiefs, Cowboy or Charger fans. As I recall, they all got "one-up" on the Steelers at one point in time. So that fact basically blows your little theory out the window.

As for where I have travelled outside the USA. I have family in Italy (Sicily and near Rome). Visit them every Summer. Besides Italy I have also visited Canada, Mexico, France, England, Germany and Greece.

augustashark
03-15-2006, 10:53 PM
I have done some travelling too!

NM

How about travelling your ass right on out of here and back to the pats msg board!

Livinginthe past
03-16-2006, 12:46 AM
Good job, you finally distinguished the difference between "fans" and "team". Now we can move on to your next well thought out theory..........

Well, I have no problem with Bronco, Titan, Dolphin, Colt, Bills, Chiefs, Cowboy or Charger fans. As I recall, they all got "one-up" on the Steelers at one point in time. So that fact basically blows your little theory out the window.

As for where I have travelled outside the USA. I have family in Italy (Sicily and near Rome). Visit them every Summer. Besides Italy I have also visited Canada, Mexico, France, England, Germany and Greece.

Its all thanks to you - your patience in helping me make that distinction was very much appreciated.

I have been to Italy, France, Spain ,Germany, Holland, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, USA, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia.

Done all of that in an 18 month period after getting made redundant - spent pretty much the whole redundancy doing it aswell.

What part of England did you visit?

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-16-2006, 07:31 AM
What part of England did you visit?

London. Compared to other places I have visited, it was pretty boring for the most part. France was by far the worst country overall. Although visiting Omaha Beach while touring the French countryside was very cool. I plan on staying away from Asia and the Middle East. I have no desire to visit either of those regions.

Poland, Ireland, Spain and Holland are the next four countries I plan on visiting in the near future.

Livinginthe past
03-16-2006, 11:01 AM
London. Compared to other places I have visited, it was pretty boring for the most part. France was by far the worst country overall. Although visiting Omaha Beach while touring the French countryside was very cool. I plan on staying away from Asia and the Middle East. I have no desire to visit either of those regions.

Poland, Ireland, Spain and Holland are the next four countries I plan on visiting in the near future.

London can be a very grey and souless place if you catch it at the wrong time.

I had a hard time in France too - they had little tolerance for people who couldnt speak fluent French, unless you were female.

However, saying this, I only visited Paris which is probably a slightly unfair sample to judge the whole of France on.

Asia is a dangerous place at the moment - the climate is especially unpredictable and there is alot of unrest politically aswell.

Prague and Talinn are two places I would recommend in eastern europe - although I bet the ladies are just as beautiful in Poland.

Barcelona is a beautiful city - but I got pick-pocketed there and 2 friends got mugged when they strayed from the group - make sure you are in company come nightfall.

NM

hardwork
03-16-2006, 04:16 PM
London can be a very grey and souless place if you catch it at the wrong time.

I had a hard time in France too - they had little tolerance for people who couldnt speak fluent French, unless you were female.

However, saying this, I only visited Paris which is probably a slightly unfair sample to judge the whole of France on.

Asia is a dangerous place at the moment - the climate is especially unpredictable and there is alot of unrest politically aswell.

Prague and Talinn are two places I would recommend in eastern europe - although I bet the ladies are just as beautiful in Poland.

Barcelona is a beautiful city - but I got pick-pocketed there and 2 friends got mugged when they strayed from the group - make sure you are in company come nightfall.

NM

How can anyone not love Paris. Yes, the French are the French, but the food, the architecture, the art, the women, etc. etc. If I were to live outside of North America, Paris would be my first choice.

83-Steelers-43
03-16-2006, 04:34 PM
How can anyone not love Paris. Yes, the French are the French, but the food, the architecture, the art, the women, etc. etc. If I were to live outside of North America, Paris would be my first choice.

Personally, I don't like living in an area where the people are ignorant and rude. Surprisingly, I found Paris to be a very dirty city compared to others in Europe. For the most part and compared to other countries, I really didn't see that many good looking women in France. In my opinion, Paris is overrated. These are just my thoughts and opinions on France, but I have heard many friends, relatives and people in general state the same.

Nice people, great beaches, great food, great art, beautiful architecture, beautiful women? I'll take anywhere in Italy.

hardwork
03-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Personally, I don't like living in an area where the people are ignorant and rude. Surprisingly, I found Paris to be a very dirty city compared to others in Europe. For the most part and compared to other countries, I really didn't see that many good looking women in France. In my opinion, Paris is overrated. These are just my thoughts and opinions on France, but I have heard many friends, relatives and people in general state the same.

Nice people, great beaches, great food, great art, beautiful architecture, beautiful women? I'll take anywhere in Italy.

My wife was French so I could be a tad prejudice. And of course with her there I never felt the langue barrier. I'm sorry though that apparently so many feel the same as you.

83-Steelers-43
03-16-2006, 04:58 PM
My wife was French so I could be a tad prejudice. And of course with her there I never felt the langue barrier. I'm sorry though that apparently so many feel the same as you.

I wouldn't say "so many" unless you really want to? lol. Just many of the people that I have talked to outside my friends and family had the same opinions of Paris and France in general. I'm sorry though if my opinions offended you since your wife is or was French.

Plus, there is no reason to apologize to me. I'm the one that made the mistake of visiting that country....lol.

hardwork
03-16-2006, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't say "so many" unless you really want to? lol. Just many of the people that I have talked to outside my friends and family had the same opinions of Paris and France in general. I'm sorry though if my opinions offended you since your wife is or was French.

No, no, no offense taken.

Stlrs4Life
03-16-2006, 06:31 PM
I too, while stationed in Germany had the chance to visit Paris, France. I didn't like it either. Totally rude people and like said, it wasn't very clean. I don't know, maybe they just don't like Americans in France.

SteelerzGirl
03-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't know, maybe they just don't like Americans in France.

Yea, those Frenchies hate us! Oh well, their loss. :wink:

Suitanim
03-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Eh, they hate everyone, so we shouldn't take it personally.

Livinginthe past
03-16-2006, 08:48 PM

Rome was absolutely fantastic. It is totally surreal having something like the Coliseum just siting there right in the middle of the city with traffic streaming around it.

Visited Vatican City aswell - im not a huge fan of the catholic church, despite my upbringing, but it was quite an experience In St Pauls and the square.

Paris is overrated but I did enjoy a glass of wine or two under the Eiffel Tower at night, which was very civilised seeing as I was a lowly backpacker.

NM

83-Steelers-43
03-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Yea, those Frenchies hate us! Oh well, their loss. :wink:

Yeah, it's funny, that's what I kept thinking as I was walking along Omaha Beach and making the drive back to Paris.