PDA

View Full Version : Jets lose DT Jenkins to ACL tear

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Jets' Kris Jenkins done for season

By Rich Cimini
ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Kris Jenkins' season is over. You have to wonder about his career as well.

The New York Jets' nose tackle tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Monday night against the Baltimore Ravens. It's the same knee that required reconstructive surgery last October, putting Jenkins' career in jeopardy.

Jenkins, 31, a former Pro Bowl selection, was hurt in a first-quarter pile-up. He left the game and didn't return. After the game, the Jets anticipated the possibility of a season-ending injury, with one source telling ESPNNewYork.com there was a 50-50 chance it would end his season.

Jenkins went for an MRI exam Tuesday morning, confirming the tear. The previous injury to that knee also involved the ACL. It was repaired in October with a graft, using a tendon from his hamstring. He made a strong recovery, dropped more than 30 pounds and reported to training camp in terrific shape at 359 pounds.

He was looking forward to a bounce-back season, but it lasted only six plays. A year ago, the Jets compensated for Jenkins' absence and still finished No. 1 in overall defense. But now their depth will be tested. In the preseason, the Jets lost defensive end Ropati Pitoitua (Achilles tendon).

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/news/story?id=5571834

steelax04
09-14-2010, 08:31 PM
He made a strong recovery, dropped more than 30 pounds and reported to training camp in terrific shape at 359 pounds.

I wish in my world 359 lbs was terrific shape...

steeltheone
09-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Yes me too. Oh well, Off to work in the morning!

MasterOfPuppets
09-14-2010, 11:51 PM
I wish in my world 359 lbs was terrific shape...
lol....i was thinking the same thing. unless of course your 7 ft tall.

SteelersinCA
09-15-2010, 01:51 AM
I feel bad for him. Shame.

ZoneBlitzer
09-15-2010, 02:33 AM
When I saw it go down and heard the announcers say that it was the same knee as last year, I had to wonder aloud why on earth was he not wearing a brace???