PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Wilson vs Markice Pouncey

tony hipchest
09-14-2010, 07:40 PM
i remember some ZOMGoblins out in full force when we passed on 1st round cb wilson in favor for pouncey.

many were so certain that will gay sucked so bad, a 1st round rookie was the only answer to getting our defense back on track.

little did they know a plan was in the works to trade for mcfadden.

after watching wilson play mediocre at best vs the ravens on MNF, and witnessing an upgrade in our o-line, doesnt it appear obvious that we definitely got the longer end of the stick?

SteelKnight
09-14-2010, 08:06 PM
i remember some ZOMGoblins out in full force when we passed on 1st round cb wilson in favor for pouncey.

many were so certain that will gay sucked so bad, a 1st round rookie was the only answer to getting our defense back on track.

after watching wilson play mediocre at best vs the ravens on MNF, and witnessing an upgrade in our o-line, doesnt it appear obvious that we definitely got the longer end of the stick?

Yeah ...I was thinking the same thing. I was one wo was salivating over Wilson for weeks leading into the draft. I like our choice now.

That being said, Wilson will be a baller by next year.

steeltheone
09-14-2010, 08:11 PM
For us, OL was a must....

jjpro11
09-14-2010, 08:22 PM
i didn't follow the lead up to the draft nearly as much as prior years... but i don't think anyone could have predicted Pouncey would be so good, so soon. he played in a unique situation at Florida with Tebow.. that was the furthest thing from a pro-style offense and it was very possible Tebow made the offensive linemen look better than they really were with his ability to scramble and keep defenders from pressuring a lot, as well as Florida's lack of a traditional running game. so it's hard to blame fans who had reservations about Pouncey given they didn't see his private workouts or watch the game film coaches do. just be glad fans aren't running the FO.

theplatypus
09-14-2010, 08:41 PM
For us, OL was a must....

For us, OL IS a must

scsteeler
09-14-2010, 09:41 PM

Hell yes!! I have said that the Steelers and coaching staff know what the Steelers need more than we fans do and year after year the Steelers have come out with Gems in each draft.

Steelerfreak58
09-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Pouncey is a great pick now if we can pick up a couple of more specimens for the O-line this next draft it would make me pretty happy. He was pretty damn solid for his first start as a rookie.

The O-Line did alright against the Falcons I thought. Couple of missed plays but Dixon got decent time to throw the ball. Although I thought and still think he should make the Defense scared about his running ability .

ETL
09-14-2010, 09:53 PM
You know my opinion on this.

I wouldn't trade Pouncey for any other center in the league right now. He may be the best pick in this draft and we are very lucky to have him.

Fire Arians
09-14-2010, 10:47 PM
pouncey all the way. I'm sure at this point he's done more than any of the high profile draft picks in rd 1 like suh, berry, spiller

great pick, i feel we got something special in this kid. i was originally hoping rolando mcclain would eventually fall down to us so we could pick him, but im glad things worked out the way they did. pouncey is what our o-line needed

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Kyle Wilson's jump up the draft board kind of suprised me. It seemed like one week he was a second or third round guy and the next he was the second best corner in the draft. I don't know. I'm no draft expert but I wasn't that high on him for some reason.

Tone's Toes
09-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Ridiculous to be judging this after 1 game. I'm certainly not writing off Wilson yet. I admit to having my doubts about Pouncey. To me an interior lineman has to be special to warrant the 18th pick and I had my doubts that Pouncey was. I thought we may have reached, but from what I've seen of Pouncey to this point, he is very special. He has the talent to be elite as an interior lineman and can be the answer at C for 10+ years. Like I said, I'm not writing off Wilson and he or another player drafted after Pouncey may be better one day, but we still have nothing to complain about with Pouncey. He was/is a hell of a pick.

MikeHaullace
09-15-2010, 02:36 AM
The over/under for posts until someone mentions Dermontti Dawson = 0.

MasterOfPuppets
09-15-2010, 04:15 AM
i was actually a little higher on lupati than pouncey at draft time, but i wanted an interior lineman either way. i think either guy would have been an immediate contributor and upgrade... be it for essex or hartwig. the only DB i wanted in the first was earl thomas if he fell to us , and i wouldn't have been mad if McClain would've been our pic .... i wasn't too excited about any of the tackles in this draft.
i still think golden tate would have been a nice pick in the second