PDA

View Full Version : Tea party victory endangers GOPís goal of retaking the Senate

MasterOfPuppets
09-15-2010, 04:39 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100915/el_yblog_upshot/tea-party-victory-endangers-gops-goal-of-retaking-the-senate
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/img/marjoriemoon/2010/08/16/simpsons-haha.jpg.gif

Vis
09-15-2010, 07:59 AM
When you purge moderates from the ranks of candidates you purge moderates from your voters. Then again, the bat shit crazy turn out on election day.

Atlanta Dan
09-15-2010, 03:37 PM
NPR had an interesting story on the Tea Party movement this morning:

Tea Partiers are white, bright, and right, on average. The minority presence is relatively small. I don't think that's because they're racist. I don't think they are. I think it's because they're conservative and conservatives tend to attract more white voters than minority voters. They are bright, they're well-educated.

Finally, they are many of them debranded Republicans. That is to say, they look and talk and sound like Republicans. They often vote like Republicans, but many of them think of themselves as independents. That's one reason they're so unafraid to vote for Republican candidates in primaries who might lose to Democrats. They say it's not about party, and in their minds it really isn't. ...

The most important thing that they will tell you they're trying to do is a cultural movement, not a political movement. They're tiring to reeducate the whole country, change the way Americans think about their relationship to government....

They are not afraid to challenge moderate Republicans and they are not afraid, if necessary, to elect Democrats if that's what they have to do to make their point. But remember, their goal in their mind is not fundamentally about taking power. It's about changing the way Americans think about politics.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129874282

Vis
09-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Can anyone list a tea party candidate who hasn't said crazy things? If tea partiers are, in general, bright, why do they seem to go for people who campaign on sound bites and black and white, simplified positions?

Vincent
09-16-2010, 12:03 AM
Can anyone list a tea party candidate who hasn't said crazy things?

Define "crazy". What "crazy things" have you heard a tea party candidate say? Who allegedly said the "crazy things"?

If tea partiers are, in general, bright, why do they seem to go for people who campaign on sound bites and black and white, simplified positions?

Why do you frame questions to deliberately mislead? That's what you do. They speak succinctly. That's what they do. It "resonates" with bright people.

MasterOfPuppets
09-16-2010, 12:12 AM
you gettin your lib fix for the day vinny ? :sofunny:

Wallace108
09-16-2010, 12:18 AM
If tea partiers are, in general, bright, why do they seem to go for people who campaign on sound bites and black and white, simplified positions?

You just described every Democrat and Republican candidate I've ever seen. :noidea:

Atlanta Dan
09-16-2010, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=Vincent;843992]Define "crazy". What "crazy things" have you heard a tea party candidate say? Who allegedly said the "crazy things"?[QUOTE]

Maybe Karl Rove knows?:chuckle:

Karl Rove sounded a depressing tone for Republicans late Tuesday night, warning that surprise Delaware GOP Senate nominee Christine O’Donnell has said “nutty things” and has ruined the party’s chances of winning the seat.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0910/42205.html

Atlanta Dan
09-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Define "crazy". What "crazy things" have you heard a tea party candidate say? Who allegedly said the "crazy things"?.

How about this?:chuckle:

"American scientific companies are crossbreeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains," warned Delaware senate candidate Christine O'Donnell on the O'Reilly Factor in 2007. As you might expect, that's not exactly true:

Human-mouse chimera studies were reported in 2004 that involved the injection of human neural stem cells into developing mouse brains ó something different from crossbreeding ó resulting in brains that were one percent human, and a Stanford researcher did ask his ethics board for an opinion on the ethics of creating chimeric mice with 100 percent human brain cells, according to The Washington Post. But that experiment was never conducted

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/09/christine_odonnell_will_save_u.html

SteelCityMom
09-16-2010, 04:39 PM
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/downloads/images/season-12/1205/1205_ear-on-mouse.jpg?width=500

lionslicer
09-16-2010, 06:57 PM
How about we just get rid of the 2 party system? People just run to be elected, and if everyone in congress is independant, then we dont' have to worry about people voting no on a bill just because its a different party. If Tea Party members actually believed in the founding fathers and what they said, they would all run independently or just start a new party instead of running for republican. The republican party means completely different things than it ment just 40 years ago.

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Define "crazy". What "crazy things" have you heard a tea party candidate say? Who allegedly said the "crazy things"?.

I suppose this might also qualify as saying "crazy things":chuckle:

The story of Christine O'Donnell's past got a little stranger Friday. Bill Maher -- on whose former show, "Politically Incorrect," O'Donnell appeared repeatedly in the late 1990s -- showed a previously unaired clip from Oct. 29, 1999, on his current HBO program, "Real Time," in which the GOP Senate nominee from Delaware said she "dabbled into witchcraft." From ThinkProgress:

O'DONNELL: I dabbled into witchcraft -- I never joined a coven. But I did, I did. ... I dabbled into witchcraft. I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do. [...]

One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that. ... We went to a movie and then had a midnight picnic on a satanic altar.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/09/christine-odonnell-i-dabbled-i.html

BrandonCarr39
09-29-2010, 10:45 PM
FYI, the Tea Party is BAD news, why? B/c the leaders of it have ties to that Dominionism New Age radical pseudo-Christian group Joel's Army.

Sarah Palin is a JA member - their Dominionism view is that they think God lost dominion of this earth when Adam and Eve fell in the Garden of Eden, and then since the 70's, supposedly "new" apostles were appointed so that they can clean up the earth, build the "church", spread world peace, so that Jesus can come back for his 1000 year mil reign.

Pretty much almost all of the mainline "evangelicals" you see on the MSM and TBN that get lots of airtime are part of this group - Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, Charles Stanley, Beth Moore, Todd Bentley, C. Peter Wagner, Rick Joyner(it's either Wagner or Joyner who heads this group), Jim Wallis, Stacey Campbell, Benny Hinn, Pat Robertson, Jerryand the list goes on. They also know how to play both sides of the fence, with the "religious right" being pro-Israel/pro-family values on one end, and the "religious left" being pro-Islam/anti-family on the other end.

Their main purpose is to usher in the coming One World New Age religion for the One World New World Order government.