PDA

View Full Version : Why,or HOW we WILL beat the titans!!!

SoCalFan
09-15-2010, 02:14 PM
I think we will hold the running attack to right at 150 yards,Young and CJ combined, and shut down the pass.We must pass more in the middle of the field utilizing Ward of course and ALOT more Heath Miller.Im looking for Miller to have a big game!Dixon was TERRIBLE passing outside the hash marks last week,STAY IN THE MIDDLE.My prediction if we do this,Steelers 17 titans 10.:tt03:Thoughts...

fer522
09-15-2010, 02:52 PM
i could give many options but bottom line let Dixon play cut him loose
our D can take care of the Titans offense, let him throw the ball, let him run, let him do whatever, let the kid play and well be ok

Vis
09-15-2010, 03:33 PM
The TT curse is still against them

HAWK
09-15-2010, 04:57 PM
The TT curse is still against them

Testicle Tuesday?

Fire Arians
09-15-2010, 05:26 PM
dunno this game has me worried. coming away with a win is doable, but it won't be easy. possibly the hardest game to win out of the first 4 games. even tougher than baltimore at home imo

mendenhall will have to have at least a decent game. while dixon i don't think is terrible, he is not great yet and won't be able to win it there on solely his arm.

stb_steeler
09-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Titty Twister?

cubanstogie
09-15-2010, 07:22 PM
It sounds easy, make Young throw. I know stopping the best running QB and one of best RB is not an easy task, even for the best run stopping D. Which I think we have had for years. The Steelers D will shut them down but not out. Which leads us to our offense. We will need more than 15 points. You know they will put 8 in box and try to shut down our new run first offense. Arians will try to out think them and put some play action in early. Lets face it, Dixon is going to have to make a few plays. I know everyone wants to run, but a few play action passes early might open up the run and keep the D honest. Hopefully Dixon will throw and play looser as opposed to aiming his passes or trying to be too precise. Or we come out running and never give up on it, which equates to 3rd and long if we don't succeed. Hopefully we come out running and its successful. No doubt its going to be a tough game, with both teams wanting to run.

ZoneBlitzer
09-16-2010, 04:44 PM
It's in their park and against one of the best coaches in the league, Jeff Fisher. I'd say the Steelers pretty much have 0 chance on this one UNLESS they can get some turnovers. If they can get at least 2 turnovers and put some points up, I say they got a shot. Of course, they would have to come out on the plus side turnover wise as well meaning DD can not give up the ball for free.

That's the only way I see the Steelers winning this game, winning the turnover ratio by at least 2, preferably 3.

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 07:40 AM
The best thing about the Titans is Ck2k. We WILL stop him no doubt about that. Vince young cant beat us with his arm. He is a shade below Matty Ice and we had him on ice. If the offense can execute this game wont be close. We get 30 this week 30-10 Steelers in a breeze. Why are you guys worried about the Titans? WE ARE GOOD!!

SacknificentStew56
09-17-2010, 09:04 AM
I see our O scoring 3 TDs and our D getting a score along with two 3 pointers from Jeff.
Final score- Steelers: 34 Tight......Ends: 20

StainlessStill
09-17-2010, 10:04 AM
No way we score 30 points, and vice versa. This could be another disgustingly/beautifully low scoring game. I'm watching more of Dixon this week and see how he does particularly on 3rd downs. The throws will be there, just like last week so we'll see if he can gradually get comfortable as the game goes on in hostile environment. I won't be surprised to see the Titans D be more aggressive than the Falcons, which means we could see Dixon running down field more often.

Our D will do whatever it takes to stop Johnson. I feel that their only 2 weapons (Atlanta certainly had more as a WHOLE unit) is Young and Johnson, so if we can take one one of them out of the game (Johnson) then I see us having Young play right into our lap and they become one dimensional. It's up to our offense to score atleast 2 touchdowns.

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 11:33 AM
No way we score 30 points, and vice versa. This could be another disgustingly/beautifully low scoring game. I'm watching more of Dixon this week and see how he does particularly on 3rd downs. The throws will be there, just like last week so we'll see if he can gradually get comfortable as the game goes on in hostile environment. I won't be surprised to see the Titans D be more aggressive than the Falcons, which means we could see Dixon running down field more often.

Our D will do whatever it takes to stop Johnson. I feel that their only 2 weapons (Atlanta certainly had more as a WHOLE unit) is Young and Johnson, so if we can take one one of them out of the game (Johnson) then I see us having Young play right into our lap and they become one dimensional. It's up to our offense to score atleast 2 touchdowns.

No way? Lol
Last week was vs a zone team. This weak will be a man to man team, so look for Dixon to have more success. Its easier to read man. Ben has his biggest games agains man to man defenses (see the packers game last season) as most qbs do.
Hostile enviroments are better than the comforts of your own home. It gives you a me or us against the world attitude.

mikegrimey
09-17-2010, 11:40 AM
The one bad thing I can see playing against CJ is it only takes one touch, rush or reception, for him to take it to the house. We did a very good job keeping him in check the last two times we played him, he only broke a long one once in the season opener last year.

I don't see our offense putting up a lot of points with DD under center, unless Mendenhall goes berzerk or something.

Downbylaw
09-17-2010, 11:41 AM
When didnt put up a lot of points on them with Br7 under center either so..........

StainlessStill
09-17-2010, 02:21 PM
No way? Lol
Last week was vs a zone team. This weak will be a man to man team, so look for Dixon to have more success. Its easier to read man. Ben has his biggest games agains man to man defenses (see the packers game last season) as most qbs do.
Hostile enviroments are better than the comforts of your own home. It gives you a me or us against the world attitude.

Sorry dude, I just don't see us being able to score 30 points against a team we traditionally have trouble with and esp since we could only score 9 points against a softer Defense, at home versus on the road.

After that first drive last week, the Steelers could barely pick up first down yardage and it took them awhile to hit some big plays. Whose to say the Titans wont alter their game plan and play more zone coverage since DD or any other young QB struggles to death against it? I expect the Titans D to be way more aggressive, because that's the mentality of a Jeff Fischer defense but 'd expect Fischer to try to confuse a young QB in Dixon more often than to blitz him. If Dixon can see the blitz, that plays into his game to take off or dial up more hot reads, ala Heath, but if they sit back and call DD a chump, then that forces DD to make a read and be accurate with the football if shown the open coverage, something he hasn't shown yet.