PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward: Steelers still angry about Titans' stomping on Terrible Towel

mesaSteeler
09-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Hines Ward: Steelers still angry about Titans' stomping on Terrible Towel
04:40 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/09/hines-ward-steelers-still-angry-about-titans-stomping-on-terrible-towel/1

With the Pittsburgh Steelers visiting the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, the memory of the Titans' 2008 disrespecting of the Terrible Towels has come back into view.

Several Titans players stomped on the towels -- a favorite emblem of Steelers fans -- as Tennessee defeated Pittsburgh in a regular-season game in late 2008.

And Steelers WR Hines Ward said Wednesday that incident has not been forgotten.

"When you disrespect the towel, you are disrespecting the people here in Pittsburgh and all of Steeler Nation," Ward said. "(Steelers fans) still remember it and they will always remember that." :tt04::tt04::tt04:

The Steelers went on to win Super Bowl XLIII after the snub by the Titans, who were en route to the AFC's top seed at the time of the incident. Former Titans LB Keith Bulluck got a Terrible Towel in the mail after the Steelers' Super Bowl win.

Will Ward and his teammates be mindful of the disrespect when they meet on Sunday?

"It doesn't matter," Ward said. "It is a disrespect to us, but we don't play for somebody stepping on a towel or not."

-- Sean Leahy

stb_steeler
09-15-2010, 06:46 PM
:tt05: REVENGE

StainlessStill
09-15-2010, 07:20 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/tt05.gif

RESPECT-TRADITION- POWER-YOI!

stb_steeler
09-15-2010, 07:32 PM
:tt05: DOUBLE YOI

Fire Arians
09-15-2010, 07:34 PM
if hines ward ain't smilin', ain't nobody smilin' :tt02: :tt03:

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-15-2010, 07:57 PM
I am of the opinion that what happened 2 seasons ago should not be bulltein board material now still.....was jacked up what they did, but half of that duo is not even in Ten anymore (Lendale White)....

jjpro11
09-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I am of the opinion that what happened 2 seasons ago should not be bulltein board material now still.....was jacked up what they did, but half of that duo is not even in Ten anymore (Lendale White)....

if Hines and the guys can still find some motivation in it, then i am all for it.

StainlessStill
09-15-2010, 08:06 PM
if Hines and the guys can still find some motivation in it, then i am all for it.

+1. Tennessee is a rivalry out of our division, and we SHOULD remember it since this is our first trip to Tennessee since that incident.

Fire Arians
09-15-2010, 08:13 PM
+1. Tennessee is a rivalry out of our division, and we SHOULD remember it since this is our first trip to Tennessee since that incident.

and to add to that, beating them in our homefield isn't revenge enough, i want them embarrassed in front of their own crowd, how sweet would that be

stb_steeler
09-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Im sure Fisher will tell the media there wont be any bulletin board material about any towel stomping, like he said the last time. :tt05:

steelerchad
09-15-2010, 08:34 PM

Neither of them are there. Bullock is gone too.

stb_steeler
09-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Thats right....Fatboy White's in Denver now...with torn achiles. Ahhh!
:tt05: LIVES ON!

steeltheone
09-15-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm a big fan of Fishers. But thought he handled the Towel situation wrong...Still,.I'd take him as a coach any day.

caplovestroyp43
09-15-2010, 11:05 PM
I LOVED Jeff Fisher until THAT happened. Now, not so much! I agree with everything Hines said.

And to our dear inventor of the Towel to begin with:

YOI AND DOUBLE YOI!!!:tt::tt::tt:

Fire Arians
09-15-2010, 11:12 PM
jeff fisher sucks and will never win a super bowl. he will go down in history as the most overrated coach who ever lived

MasterOfPuppets
09-15-2010, 11:14 PM
the rest of the team is guilty by association ... :noidea:

steeltheone
09-15-2010, 11:23 PM
jeff fisher sucks and will never win a super bowl. he will go down in history as the most overrated coach who ever lived

With VY this may be true!

jjpro11
09-15-2010, 11:39 PM
i hate the damn Titans.. Joe Nedney, Lendale White, their obnoxious fans who only show their faces when the Titans are winning. screw them. i hope we take care of business Sunday.

ricardisimo
09-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Thats right....Fatboy White's in Denver now...with torn achiles. Ahhh!
:tt05: LIVES ON!
You're right... It's the curse of the TT!! :tt02:

That sounds like sour grapes. He's a good coach who wins a lot with some truly mediocre teams. I doubt he'd have the record against us he has if he were so godawful.

For the record, Hines denies that this is BB material. I appreciate his point: Don't suit up if you need that sort of inspiration.

Fire Arians
09-16-2010, 01:27 AM
You're right... It's the curse of the TT!! :tt02:

That sounds like sour grapes. He's a good coach who wins a lot with some truly mediocre teams. I doubt he'd have the record against us he has if he were so godawful.

For the record, Hines denies that this is BB material. I appreciate his point: Don't suit up if you need that sort of inspiration.

yeah sure, he's a 'good' coach, he's marty schottenheimer II

ricardisimo
09-16-2010, 03:33 AM
yeah sure, he's a 'good' coach, he's marty schottenheimer II
You wouldn't be referring to one of the winningest coaches in the history of the game, would you?

steelrush
09-16-2010, 03:42 AM

It doesn't matter whether they're still Titans or not!
The damage is done and - as the saying goes, "Those who forget the past doesn't have the right to live the future" - or something like that. :grin:

steeltheone
09-16-2010, 07:07 AM
You wouldn't be referring to one of the winningest coaches in the history of the game, would you?

You gotta give credit where credits due, Steeler fan or not.

DoubleYoi
09-16-2010, 10:08 AM
"The Terrible Towel is poised to strike!!" - Myron Cope

LenDale White and Keith Bullock might be gone but the memory is still very much there. Seeing their teammates watch the towel trouncing with a smile on their faces was enough to play even harder against this team for years to come. Kind of like how Houshmanzadeh wiping his shoes with the Terrible Towel put the fire back in this rivalry again. The Terrible Towel works in mysterious ways. Beware Tennessee....Mr. Cope will strike down upon you with great vengance and furious anger!! :tt04:

Jeff Fisher (along with Shottenheimer) is a very good coach but I hate that little field mouse. Nothing wrong with a healthy dislike for a guy who coaced a division rival for years but you can't doubt his abilities as HC.

Had my doubts about this week's game since it is played in Tennessee but I honestly feel that this Steelers Defense is returning to form and the Titans will be hard-pressed to put up points. They're sounding a little too confident in themselves after pounding the Raiders. After all, I predicted the Steelers to go 3-1 with Ben and this game was a W in my head so I'll say 17-13 Steelers.

Fire Arians
09-16-2010, 10:53 AM
You gotta give credit where credits due, Steeler fan or not.

no i don't lol

lionslicer
09-16-2010, 11:01 AM
:tt05::tt05:
:deadhorse::smack:
:club:
:bricks:

THEY'RE SCARED
:couch:

stb_steeler
09-16-2010, 05:16 PM
the rest of the team is guilty by association ... :noidea:

Right u are MOP.....Off with all of their heads! :chuckle:

SacknificentStew56
09-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Let them try and stomp the towel again and there will be some smoke in the city this year.

ricardisimo
09-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Let them try and stomp the towel again and there will be some smoke in the city this year.
Oh no... another domestic terrorist in our midst. :doh:

fer522
09-17-2010, 06:18 PM
if they stomp the towel again all hell is gonna break loose im not from there and im gonna be driving a rental car full of gas and if im lucky i might even make the 9 o'clock news ill make you guys proud:wave:
:tt03: :banging: