PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich unsure if he'll dress for Sunday's game

mesaSteeler
09-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Leftwich unsure if he'll dress for Sunday's game
By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, September 17, 2010
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_699920.html#

Quarterback Byron Leftwich, who was limited in practice for the second consecutive day as he recovers from a knee injury suffered in the final preseason game, still doesn't know if he will dress for Sunday's game at Tennessee. "It felt OK. Every day it'll hopefully get better,'' he said. As for dressing Sunday, Leftwich replied: "I didn't rule myself out for last week. I won't count myself out.''

Left tackle Max Starks missed another practice because of a sprained ankle. Starks wouldn't discuss his injury status but he gave thumbs up to potential replacements Jonathan Scott and Tony Hills. "They will be more than enough to fill that void,'' Starks said.

NT Casey Hampton (hamstring) and Nick Eason (not injury related) missed their second consecutive practice. CB Bryant McFadden (groin) also didn't practice. WR Emmanuel Sanders (quadricep) and LB Jason Worilds (shoulder) were limited. DE Aaron Smith, LB James Farrior and WR Hines Ward all returned to practice after sitting out Wednesday.

Backup defensive end Ziggy Hood said defensive line coach John Mitchell's player rotation against Atlanta kept the starters fresh late in game. "Keeping the guys fresh is a good idea on coach Mitch's part,'' Hood said. "You didn't see a big difiference between the (startes) in the first quarter and the fourth quarter. It seems like when they played in the fourth quarter, they were making more plays, playing faster with the other guys coming in giving them a rest. You don't want tired linemen at the end. Late in the game, that's when you really need them.''