PDA

View Full Version : Titan fan wishing you luck.

TongueNGroove
09-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Just stoping by to say HI and hope we have an injury free game on both sides.

Ohh yah, CJ is going to get his 100+ .:cheers:

toughsticks87
09-17-2010, 01:16 AM
If so, it'll be the hardest 100 yards he's ever had to get. Our front 7 is amazing.

Fire Arians
09-17-2010, 01:28 AM
thanks but i don't wish you luck

DanRooney
09-17-2010, 01:30 AM
thanks but i don't wish you luck

Ah the same Fire Arians from the stillers board? I'm Gravity on there.

SteelCityMom
09-17-2010, 01:31 AM
Thanks! Hope there's no injuries on your side either....except maybe some pride injuries. :chuckle:

Our D has been planning for CJ for weeks now, they'll be ready! :tt02:

Fire Arians
09-17-2010, 01:31 AM

hahah yep =]

SteelCityKing
09-17-2010, 02:04 AM
ummm...we don't play against CJ Spiller this week. either way, any CJ isn't getting 100 yards on us. haha!

Wallace108
09-17-2010, 02:15 AM
I'd like to say good luck to you as well, but I can't ... we need this win. :tt03:
But welcome to the board, TongueNGroove.

TongueNGroove
09-17-2010, 02:43 AM
Yah, you need this win more than we do. I feel sorry for Dixon though...poor feller is going to get owned.

Thanks for the welcome ;)

Fire Arians
09-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Yah, you need this win more than we do. I feel sorry for Dixon though...poor feller is going to get owned.

Thanks for the welcome ;)

won't be an easy game for you either. our defense is insane.

TongueNGroove
09-17-2010, 02:56 AM
It won't be an easy game for the Titans at all. I am looking forward to it.

Wallace108
09-17-2010, 03:03 AM
I feel sorry for Dixon though...poor feller is going to get owned.

We don't need Dixon to win the game ... just manage it. The defense will take care of the rest. Young isn't facing the Raiders D on Sunday ...

TongueNGroove
09-17-2010, 03:07 AM
I know you guys are real proud of your defense, but your "D" has never faced the VY/CJ combo. I imagine their heads will be spinning by half time. Maybe they can make some adjustments at half time though....we'll see.

BTW, if the Steelers come into LP field and whoop the Titans with a 3rd string QB who has no experience, I will be embarrased, as should everyone on the team.

Fire Arians
09-17-2010, 03:08 AM
we'll see, should be a good game regardless. i do predict a low scoring game though.

you guys do have more playmakers on offense (and the best playmaker in the league) but we have the better defense (possibly the best or at least top 3). it's an interesting matchup

Goat27
09-17-2010, 03:19 AM
I know you guys are real proud of your defense, but your "D" has never faced the VY/CJ combo. I imagine their heads will be spinning by half time. Maybe they can make some adjustments at half time though....we'll see.

BTW, if the Steelers come into LP field and whoop the Titans with a 3rd string QB who has no experience, I will be embarrased, as should everyone on the team.

Vince Young doesn't pose a threat, I mean come on didn't he lose his job to Kerry Collins and disappeared, people thought he killed himself?? Chris Johnson is very talented, and he will get his yards, not 100, but he will get yards.. you guys don't have Mawae no more , so Big Snack, Hoke and Ziggy will have a field day, plus no more Alge Crumpler to fall on Troy's leg, lol...

TongueNGroove
09-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Check the stats man, VY was the best QB in the league Week 1. I doubt he will be in Week 2, but still, he is much better this year, and don't forget, he was 8-2 last year along with the 99yrd drive to beat the Cards with almost no time left, which made the Titans the first team to ever start 0-6 and then win 5 in a row.

Here, let me refresh your memory...... A quick overview of what you are facing against VY...and there was not one carry by a running back on this drive ( No CJ). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E88xjcUSKWQ&feature=related One of the greatest drives in NFL history.

Goat27
09-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Check the stats man, VY was the best QB in the league Week 1. I doubt he will be in Week 2, but still, he is much better this year.

look brother you can't base Vince Young peformance from week 1, base his performance since he came in the league.

TongueNGroove
09-17-2010, 03:37 AM
Look brother, read the rest of the post. (For those that are wondering, the only thing I edited in the post he quoted was which version of the video I posted, just to be clear haha, I can't find the good one.).

pete74
09-17-2010, 04:51 AM
Young actually looks decent and CJ is possibly the best rb ever. with that said i think or defense will do a good job stopping the run but without Hampton CJ will probably get a few good ones in there. it will probably be a low scoring tight match and the team who makes the least amount of mistakes will be 2-0

TongueNGroove
09-17-2010, 05:46 AM
I am predicting more of a lopsided win for the Titans, mainly because of your QB. Probably not as bad as we did to the Raiders, but something like 27 - 13 should be about right.

If this game turns out to be a close one (or if we lose), the Titans are in trouble this year.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-17-2010, 06:14 AM

same here

joeyssteelcurtain
09-17-2010, 06:18 AM
I am predicting more of a lopsided win for the Titans, mainly because of your QB. Probably not as bad as we did to the Raiders, but something like 27 - 13 should be about right.

If this game turns out to be a close one (or if we lose), the Titans are in trouble this year.

No way you guys put 27 points up on us i say 24-10 steelers

SacknificentStew56
09-17-2010, 07:23 AM
We got Troy back and plus Alge CrumpShaker isn't around to fall on his knee again. I see CJ coughing up the rock this game and finishing with about 75yds.

colescott1
09-17-2010, 07:32 AM

Thats fine. Last I checked, 100 yards by a running back didn't declare anybody the winner. I'd bet Mendy gets his 100+ too. Does that mean we'd tie? :noidea:

Goat27
09-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Look brother, read the rest of the post. (For those that are wondering, the only thing I edited in the post he quoted was which version of the video I posted, just to be clear haha, I can't find the good one.).

I bet you can't brother, and the Titans suck, VY suck, That whole organization suck, never won, and never will, ur coach is a Bill Cowher ( yeah I know from the inside cause my cousin played for that team and he played for the steelers ) wanna be.... VY young better this year after 1 game yeah sure!

StainlessStill
09-17-2010, 08:39 AM

Like some people said here, I wish you no luck, haha. In all seriousness, Tennessee is a tough game on our Steelers schedule if ever and whenever the schedule is released. We all know right there that it's going to be a battle between both similiar teams and how aching and painful it will probably be on both sides of the coin. I've said it even if Roethlisberger was in the lineup.. Tennessee will be our toughest opponent in our first 4 and that includes Baltimore.

With that said, I've watched this Steelers team for a long time and I assure you that we would rather have V.Y throw for over 30 times and throw for 300 yards, which means upping his pass attempts to force him to make the dreaded mistake, rather than letting C.J run all over us. We will bottle up C.J because we are the best team possibly ever at stopping the run, and to my understanding, in 2 meetings the past 2 years, Johnson never reached 70 yards. I like our chances.

As for V.Y, sure he has a knack of winning, kind of like what Roethlisberger gives our team. It just seems that V.Y is their best quarterback and can always make it happen no matter what the circumstance. However, he has never been faced with this kind of defense before and the Steelers play it differently than others and more recklessly. IMHO, I'd be more worried about Kerry Collins in there, a pocket, accurate passer who understands the holes in our defense and takes what we give him. A rhythmic passer. Collins always played a good game against us.

A quarterback like Young is the kind of Quarterback we take advantage of: making one dimensional. If we can get to Young early, there's no doubt in my mind he folds.

On the flip-side, our offense might want to work on calming down and converting the 3rd down balls that could be there. Dixon missed many of them last week and if he completes them, the whole landscape of that game changes in our favor and we could have had an easier time at putting our team in better position. We will have to deal with a rigorous road and a crowd that makes it miserable. I'm eager to see if DD can gradually get better and hit the passes we all know he has the potential to make.

StainlessStill
09-17-2010, 08:56 AM

Be careful & never mistake us for the Raiders. It was certainly a big win for you guys and a wide margin, but most of it had so much to do with the Afraiders being that atrociously bad and non- prepared.

It won't be that easy, if easy at all. Falcons fans pounded their chests last week and claimed that they were going to put atleast 30 points up on us. You must respect our defense and give them the benefit of the doubt and realize we rarely ever give up that many points. Granted in '08 you ran with it regarding many of our offensive turnovers in the red-zone, but no way we give up more than 20 points.

SteelMember
09-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Uhhggg. I hate the oilers.

This will be a tough game on the road for us. We have the better D, and if they can hold them to no more than 17, I believe we can win. CJ and Vince have some good legs, but they will need to throw to win... Nate and Bo being the biggest threats. My guess is that we will stack the box, pressure Vince and force his hand to make some pass decisions on the fly. Hopefully our secondary will "man" up to the task, and get some picks. Then we can all dance with our shirts off. :chuckle:

mikegrimey
09-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Check the stats man, VY was the best QB in the league Week 1. I doubt he will be in Week 2, but still, he is much better this year, and don't forget, he was 8-2 last year along with the 99yrd drive to beat the Cards with almost no time left, which made the Titans the first team to ever start 0-6 and then win 5 in a row.

Here, let me refresh your memory...... A quick overview of what you are facing against VY...and there was not one carry by a running back on this drive ( No CJ). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E88xjcUSKWQ&feature=related One of the greatest drives in NFL history.

VY had 17 pass attempts in a blow out victory in Week 1, he'll have to throw the ball more against the Steelers, so don't get too excited until you see Young doing the same thing against the Steelers,ravens,bengals etc.

Now onto your streak last year, I can't knock that drive against the Cardinals, it was awesome, but it's fair to piont out the majority of your 8 wins came against subpar competition who couldn't stop CJ.
The Steelers will contain CJ so VY will have a bigger load to shoulder this week.

cloppbeast
09-17-2010, 11:28 AM
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/1723138/1223sptitans_w300.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.salisburypost.com/Sports/122308-cowher&usg=__9r5Kx2zGonxz9Y1PBOYGAT2PR1o=&h=511&w=300&sz=154&hl=en&start=2&zoom=1&tbnid=i86DVQK1_qj1hM:&tbnh=131&tbnw=77&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtitans%2Bterrible%2Btowel%26um%3D1%26 hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1

Paybacks are a *****.

In all seriousness, I think the Titans will win this one. If Ben were in the game, though, it would be a different story.

Even while the Steelers were playing don't-lose-the-game safe with their quarterback, Dixon still threw a pick and a few more should-have-been picks. This week, on the road against a pretty stout Tennessee team, Arians will be counting more on Dixon to get the ball in the endzone and win the game. I think Dixon will throw at least two interceptions, too much for the defense to overcome.

Titans 24, Steelers 10

vasteeler
09-17-2010, 01:40 PM

your basing that on what he did against the raiders?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BlackAndGold4Ever
09-17-2010, 01:43 PM
I really don't have anything intellectual to add to this post. I hate the Oilers/Titans and always will. Our D will contain CJ to under 100 yards and will get pressure on VY. I dont know if we'll win, but we will play tough and it will not be a gimme for Titans like alot of the media thinks. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO :tt04: :tt02: :tt: :tt03:

steelerchad
09-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I would be really surprised if CJ got 100 yards. He hasn't done it yet against the Steelers in 2 trys. Little stat for you. In the last 6 years (96 games) the Steelers have allowed a 100 yd rusher only 5 times. So if CJ were an avg. back his odds would be 5.2%. I realize he's 1 of the top 2 in the league, but AP didn't last year either. I give CJ about a 25% chance of getting his 100yds. I also only give the Steelers about a 30% chance to win this game. Dixon looked shaky to me in game 1 and unless he improves, we could be in trouble. I actually give Mendy a better chance than CJ at 100 yds. probably 50-50% in my opinion.

I'm making the trip along with my other 20k-30k Steel brothers, so homefield won't be such a big advantage at this one. When I was there in 08, we had a good 25K show up and the Titans were 12-1 at that point that season. I look for the crowd to be pretty split.

I also wanted to take the time to wish you all the luck in the world.

All Bad Luck of course.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-17-2010, 02:25 PM
I really don't have anything intellectual to add to this post. I hate the Oilers/Titans and always will. Our D will contain CJ to under 100 yards and will get pressure on VY. I dont know if we'll win, but we will play tough and it will not be a gimme for Titans like alot of the media thinks. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO :tt04: :tt02: :tt: :tt03:

Here we go steelers here we go steelers

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt02::tt02::tt02::t t::tt:

stb_steeler
09-17-2010, 04:54 PM
GO S T EEL E R S

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-17-2010, 05:26 PM
To be honest, I don't feel too confident going into this game. I will always vote for the Steelers to win, but....

Dennis Dixon looked terrible in week 1. Sorry Dixon apologeticists. If you look only at his stats, he didn't have that bad of an outing (compared to say, Sanchez)-- only 1 INT. But lets be honest, there were at least 2 others that SHOULD have been INTs, but we got lucky and the Falcon's defenders dropped them. A lot of Dixon's completions were due to Ward having magnets for hands, otherwise, some of his passes were down by the receivers' feet and more INTs just waiting to happen.

The Oilers are a good team, one that used to give us fits (I think we have only won once in Tennessee). Their defense probably won't make the same miscues that the Falcons did, so Dixon would have chucked up 3 INTs. And that, would be too much to recover from because we don't have Ben to run the muddle/no huddle to put us back in the game.

Against a solid Titans team, one INT might end up being too much. This game will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes.

I can't predict who is gonna win this one, but I think the score will be something low, to the tune of like 13-10, regardless of who wins.

fer522
09-17-2010, 05:50 PM
like i have said before i don't care if he get 200 yard as long as we get the W that will put us at 2-0 with a chance to end up 3-1 or maybe even 4-0 if we kick the hummingbird's ass:wave:
:tt03:

TongueNGroove
09-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Thats fine. Last I checked, 100 yards by a running back didn't declare anybody the winner. I'd bet Mendy gets his 100+ too. Does that mean we'd tie? :noidea:

What it means is, CJ is one game closer to the record for most 100+ yrd games in a row. He only needs 2 more to tie the record.

ETL
09-17-2010, 09:40 PM

Thanks for not giving us any gratitutously disgusting complements. Like you supporting your boy CJ. Game on!

TongueNGroove
09-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Well, I think we all pretty much agree, the Titans are favoured to win this game. But yah, I wouldn't be suprised if we lost. All I am saying is, if the Titans are going to prove they are a "legit" contender, they should smoke this game with ease.

We will see.

Again, "Good" luck guys.

caplovestroyp43
09-17-2010, 10:09 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah:

I HATE your Tennessee team! Those who disrespect our SPECIAL towel, you are asking for more trouble than your team wants to handle!!

I'll be twirlling mine here in Ohio and hoping and praying the magic of the Towel goes clear to Tennessee and causes them to lose and BIG!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::mad::mad::mad:

joeyssteelcurtain
09-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Well, I think we all pretty much agree, the Titans are favoured to win this game. But yah, I wouldn't be suprised if we lost. All I am saying is, if the Titans are going to prove they are a "legit" contender, they should smoke this game with ease.

We will see.

Again, "Good" luck guys.

There is nooooooooo way you guys are going to smoke us.

steelerohio
09-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I don;t see any smokng going on... a close game is more likely. Esp. with the defense being fired up and, not to mention that Polamalu is not happy with his performance in the last game coupled that with him playing his heart out for his new kid.

I see more of a 21-18 Steelers win...:tt03:

MikeHaullace
09-18-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm apparently late to the party.

My .02 :

This game is going to end up being something like 10-6 or 13-10.

No one can contest CJ's skills and abilities. He's a great running back on course to be talked about with the greats. However, I'm guessing he'll have one or two 15-20 yarders and a lot of nothing after that. 60-70 yards.

Young is going to be mediocre and will probably throw a couple of over-thrown picks. He doesn't scare me whatsoever.

With both Timmons and Troy on the field, I see very few, if any, plays taken the distance on the ground against this unit.

This is going to be a hard-nose, hard-fought slobber-knocker. I'll be honest. I anticipate seeing PITT/TEN almost as much as I do PITT/BAL.

I am really hoping for the Oregon Duck Dennis Dixon to show up this game. That dude was exciting to watch. More-so than the UT 'Horn Vince Young show.

At the end of the day, this is either team's ballgame. I'm sure it's going to be a good one.

:tt03:

TongueNGroove
09-19-2010, 03:05 PM
I am blown away at how bad the Titans were today. You kicked our ass, I am embarrased. Great game guys.

Kanata-Steeler
09-19-2010, 03:16 PM
I am blown away at how bad the Titans were today. You kicked our ass, I am embarrased. Great game guys.

actually, our DEFENSE did ALL of it, our "O" didn't really show up at all today.

Cheers.

Fire Arians
09-19-2010, 03:18 PM
told ya this game wasn't going to be easy. our defense is possibly better than the 2008 squad

good game regardless, i think you guys are better off starting collins, young is sad

SteelCityMom
09-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah...thank god for our D playing lights out today cause our O certainly wasn't doing a damn thing.

You were a great visitor here man...best of luck in the rest of the season. Don't be a stranger!

mikegrimey
09-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Well so much for the idea that we would have trouble in our first go around with the VY/CJ combo.
Young lost his head after the early Troy P INT, he seemed afraid to throw at all after that.
Definitely an ugly game but you take the victories anyway you can get them.

We'll be in Tampa next week which will probably be hotter than Tennessee and they haven't been pushovers yet so hopefully we get Starks and Leftwich back.

SteelersinCA
09-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Let's see that VY/CJ combo ended up with VY on the bench and CJ with 34 yards. Stellar absolutely stellar.

BigRick
09-19-2010, 04:06 PM

Looks to me like he came up way short. Oh and young was also a non factor!:tt03:

BigRick
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM

Sorry got the wrong quote the first time! Meant this one not the one about Moore.

NYC_Steeler
09-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Just as I had hoped for: CJ got caught with his pants down. Talk about being knocked about. Completely shut down - awesome .

lionslicer
09-19-2010, 04:12 PM
told ya this game wasn't going to be easy. our defense is possibly better than the 2008 squad

good game regardless, i think you guys are better off starting collins, young is sad

We wont know how good this defense really is until week 8 against the Saints.
The Bucs, Ravens, Browns, and Dolphins are not contender offenses.

Fire Arians
09-19-2010, 04:23 PM

no, but they made an average offense look terrible, what a great defense SHOULD do. and holding chris johnson to 2 yards a carry isn't anything to balk at either

mikegrimey
09-19-2010, 04:31 PM
I agree about waiting to crown our D just yet.

We're looking fearsome again with Troy in the secondary but I want to see how we fare against The Saints and Pats (who are looking very strong once again on offense).

Bengals defense once again did a bang up job against an afc north foe, i'm excited for those games too.

niklim11
09-19-2010, 05:23 PM

I dunno about that considering Atlanta has a pretty good offense (see what they did today to a decent, okay maybe not so good, Arizona defense) and we were able to shut them down. Oh and not to mention that Chris Johnson has ran 12 straight games over 100 yards, and faces our D and is held to 34 yards...I'd say we have quite the idea of how good our defense is. :thumbsup:

Goat27
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
What it means is, CJ is one game closer to the record for most 100+ yrd games in a row. He only needs 2 more to tie the record.

I guess this won't happen now will it? Well look on the bright side, Vinvce Young was 7-10, probably leads in stats this week too, huh brother? lol......

stb_steeler
09-19-2010, 06:56 PM

You meant minus 100.....Troll on in anytime!

ETL
09-19-2010, 07:33 PM
7 turnovers? Had to be the curse of the towel for the Titans.

lionslicer
09-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I dunno about that considering Atlanta has a pretty good offense (see what they did today to a decent, okay maybe not so good, Arizona defense) and we were able to shut them down. Oh and not to mention that Chris Johnson has ran 12 straight games over 100 yards, and faces our D and is held to 34 yards...I'd say we have quite the idea of how good our defense is. :thumbsup:

Johnsons is a fast strong player, but he's only had 12 100 yard games because he's stuffed to around 40-50 yards of 3-4 averaged yards runs until he breaks a 50-90 yard run. There was a minor hold on Hoke on that Johnson 80 something yard run, and no one could stop him, that would haev been his 100 yard breaking run, and then he would have been medicore the rest of the game. Steelers got lucky there was holding. Thats my look on it. Until they stuff the Saints, I wont give them a break, because I thought they played well without Troy in some games last year, until they lost 5 straight games, 4 against less than medicore teams.

CaliStillersFan
09-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Gee I hope they got a suicide watch on VY tonight after that butt whopping our defense laid on him. Best play of the game was watching 3 Steelers slam dunk VY on his head. Although watching CJ getting stuffed in the back field all day long was pretty entertaining as well.

MikeHaullace
09-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Johnsons is a fast strong player, but he's only had 12 100 yard games because he's stuffed to around 40-50 yards of 3-4 averaged yards runs until he breaks a 50-90 yard run. There was a minor hold on Hoke on that Johnson 80 something yard run, and no one could stop him, that would haev been his 100 yard breaking run, and then he would have been medicore the rest of the game. Steelers got lucky there was holding

This is exactly right.

CJ is a law-of-averages back with explosive speed. Once in the open field, he will *not* be caught. The hold on Hoke was legitimate. When he got to the next level, I said 'there's his hundred' right before i saw the yellow flag box appear.

You take away the homerun, you take away the hype.