PDA

View Full Version : Forum media members?

ricardisimo
09-18-2010, 02:37 AM
Does anyone know, suspect, or have reason to believe that any of the Pittsburgh Steelers media figures/beat writers hang out here or at another BB? Just curious.

I doubt that we're a source of valuable info, but I know writers (from Hollywood) and they scour pertinent boards to pick up anecdotes, pithy phrases, interesting ideas... and then steal them.

pete74
09-18-2010, 04:19 AM
very possible but we will never know because they would never admit it

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2010, 06:48 AM
The media knows fan boards can sometimes be a source of information

When The Wall Street Journal was working on a story in 2008 on the potential sale of the Steelers the WSJ reporter posted here to request he be contacted if anyone wanted to give him their opinion - posts on the board were noted and several of us were quoted in the story that ran - the first and presumably last time I will be quoted in The Wall Street Journal:toofunny:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121556617369337895.html

MasterOfPuppets
09-18-2010, 03:54 PM
i'm pretty sure clownbyflaw and mark madden are the same person.

zulater
09-18-2010, 04:11 PM
i'm pretty sure clownbyflaw and mark madden are the same person.

No actually Douchette would fit his posts more than Madden. Madden's Ben's biggest fan to the point i think it's just about the only thing he likes about the team.

tony hipchest
09-18-2010, 06:34 PM
ive often had threads ive started show up as an article the next day, but its usually with the more general idias.

for example, you will often see pretty much the same weekly articles written by the gazette and tribune during the season, but they are pretty much tackling the obvious.

i was the 1st to write the "Troy Matters..." article after he missed his 1st game vs the bears last season. ive seen many that mimicked it throughout the offseason.