PDA

View Full Version : Jealousy likely trigger for Bradshaw's anti-Ben rant

zulater
09-19-2010, 05:01 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10262/1088739-87.stm

Is it possible that Terry Bradshaw's repeated attacks on Ben Roethlisberger are rooted in jealousy and the likelihood that Roethlisberger will be remembered one day as the greatest quarterback in Steelers history?

I say yes.

The only other plausible explanation is that Bradshaw simply doesn't like Roethlisberger. That might go back to before Roethlisberger's motorcycle accident in June, 2006. "Ride it when you retire. Those things are dangerous," Bradshaw had warned him a year earlier. Roethlisberger basically told Bradshaw to kiss off and mind his own business.

That seems like a pretty silly reason to hold a grudge, not to mention that five years is a long time to hold it......

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10262/1088739-87.stm#ixzz0zy66mgYz

We once had a thread available concerning this topic, but since it's locked I suppose I'll have to post it as a new thread. :wink02:

DanRooney
09-19-2010, 05:54 AM
Exactly what this is. Bradshaw is trash and a hypocrite. Ben is already the better quarterback. Put Bradshaw on any other team back in the late 70s and Terry is just another guy on the field.

stb_steeler
09-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Who is TB to tell BB not to ride his motorcycle?. His dad...Does he do this to everyone?. Maybe he's one of those nut jobs that feels he has to father everyone.

StainlessStill
09-19-2010, 08:26 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10262/1088739-87.stm

View all related imagesIs it possible that Terry Bradshaw's repeated attacks on Ben Roethlisberger are rooted in jealousy and the likelihood that Roethlisberger will be remembered one day as the greatest quarterback in Steelers history?

I say yes.

The only other plausible explanation is that Bradshaw simply doesn't like Roethlisberger. That might go back to before Roethlisberger's motorcycle accident in June, 2006. "Ride it when you retire. Those things are dangerous," Bradshaw had warned him a year earlier. Roethlisberger basically told Bradshaw to kiss off and mind his own business.

That seems like a pretty silly reason to hold a grudge, not to mention that five years is a long time to hold it......

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10262/1088739-87.stm#ixzz0zy66mgYz

We once had a thread available concerning this topic, but since it's locked I suppose I'll have to post it as a new thread. :wink02:

At least someone came out and said it. This is what we've been saying on he boards the past couple weeks. Bradshaw was no good man himself in his day and even wrote a book about his behavior. Does Terry forget this or is the rumor true that he is as dumb as he looks and can't even read his own sentence?

Bradshaw is pretty hard on Ben, but if he sits down and owns himself, he shouldn't even have a job on FOX to begin with. We'll see how his man-love on Roethlisberger continues, ESP when he comes back and dominates.

shangaur
09-19-2010, 09:16 AM
The fact that Bradshaw states he would've traded Ben had he been the owner of the Steelers reflects his own poor understanding of the business of football operations. Ben is our franchise QB; Holmes was not. It was actually a very smart decision by the front office: they made an example out of Holmes to prove a point but managed not to alienate Ben from the team.

SteelCityMom
09-19-2010, 09:33 AM
At least you didn't title the thread "I WAZ RIGHT! BRADSHAW IZ JEALOUZ!!!!"

Thanks for posting...it would have gotten lost in that "other" thread lol.

Fire Haley
09-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Bradshaw is pissed Pittsburgh welcomed Ben back with open arms, of course he's bitter.

"I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women"

The man has some nerve talking about someone else's ego getting out of hand.

No doubt

NYC_Steeler
09-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Any thoughts that Bradshaw is jealous of Ben are without a doubt, the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. TB has nothing to be jealous of - he has 4 SB rings in less than 10 years - no other QB can say that. He's extremely well-liked by just about everyone - something Ben can only dream of becoming. He gave fatherly advice to Ben regarding riding a motorcyle - without a helmet no less, and Ben completely ignored and mocked him - only to wind up in an accident which almost killed him - and caused us to not repeat as SB champs. To top it off, Ben continues to act like an immature jerk , especially to college co-eds which ultimately gets him into the biggest disaster of his life. Humiliating and disgusting facts see the light of day and he becomes one of the most despised men in America - esp among women. So yeah, I can see where TB might be jealous of Ben - NOT! Stupidity reigns supreme - there's alot of it going around it seems.

zulater
09-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Any thoughts that Bradshaw is jealous of Ben are without a doubt, the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. TB has nothing to be jealous of - he has 4 SB rings in less than 10 years - no other QB can say that. He's extremely well-liked by just about everyone - something Ben can only dream of becoming. He gave fatherly advice to Ben regarding riding a motorcyle - without a helmet no less, and Ben completely ignored and mocked him - only to wind up in an accident which almost killed him - and caused us to not repeat as SB champs. To top it off, Ben continues to act like an immature jerk , especially to college co-eds which ultimately gets him into the biggest disaster of his life. Humiliating and disgusting facts see the light of day and he becomes one of the most despised men in America - esp among women. So yeah, I can see where TB might be jealous of Ben - NOT! Stupidity reigns supreme - there's alot of it going around it seems.

welcome back downie. :chuckle::popcorn:

Just to address your post briefly, you're right Terry should't be jelous of Ben for all the reasons you stated plus more. But when you're talking TB reason doesn't always prevail, the man knows how to carry a grudge well beyond the reasonable limits. Terry had no reason to carry a grudge against Noll as long as he did, had no good reason to skip the Chief's funeral, had no good reason to have his broadcast partner of a couple years ( Verne Lundquist) be his presenter at the Hall of Fame over his family, teammates, or coaches either. But that's Terry for you.

OX1947
09-19-2010, 10:46 AM
I think there is a big difference between honky tonking and being accused of sexual assault. I think that's what Terry is eluding to. Sounds as if he thinks he did it. Now whether Terry is jealous of Big Ben, eh, I doubt it. What would he be jealous about? Terry had a Hall of Fame career and led the greatest football dynasty. And has had an equal amount of success after he retired with movies, TV and commercials. Acceptance by the Steeler fans maybe? They removed Big Ben's stuff from the local zoo and there are several Steeler fans who are angry and wont support Big Ben right now. Whether that changes is yet to be seen. So that can not be used either.

The Bradshaw vs Ben rift started when Ben was riding his bike. Bradshaw made comments about how that was not too smart and I think Big Ben took offense to it and it may have gotten worse when Ben crashed. This smells like personal crap, nothing else. Bradshaw doesn't like Ben and Ben doesn't like Bradshaw, simple as that.

Where Terry is wrong is trading Big Ben. Ben isn't the only moron who has put himself in bad positions because of his weener. And on top of it, no proof of anything, you cant trade your franchise QB because a couple of harlots accuse you of something with zero proof. I still believe that the Rooney's were part of the number of games to be suspended for Ben. Goodell took the heat but I believe it was the Rooney's who made some decision on it. It just doesn't make sense to suspend Ben for 4 games for something he isn't even charged with. I believe it was to scare the crap out of Ben and it seems to have worked. Because Ben may have seen the future in Oakland winning 5 games and dealing with the crypt keeper. Because I am sure they put out some feelers out there and not even one medium level team offered anything worth trading for.

stb_steeler
09-19-2010, 10:48 AM
At least you didn't title the thread "I WAZ RIGHT! BRADSHAW IZ JEALOUZ!!!!"

Thanks for posting...it would have gotten lost in that "other" thread lol.

That other thread had to many know-it all's :wink02:

TazmanianTroy
09-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Incredible...

Terry was not the sharpest tool in the shed..I'll give you that. It's suspect if he really ever learned to read defenses...so they say.

But he won 4 SB's, and was the QB of probably the most exciting passing game in history. (Swann and Stallworth) He had a cannon for an arm.

The Immaculate Reception...

You guys remembering any of this?

Ben has played well, and was directly responsible for a 15-1 season.

But his first SB win...he even admitted to playing very poorly.

If you ride a sport bike, or any motorcycle, you should wear a helmet. Especially a 'Busa, which is the fastest and most powerful bike you can buy off the showroom floor. It's definitely not a bike for beginning riders.
(I have been riding motorcycles for about 33 years now, so I speak from experience.)

And let's not forget the reason he is not on the field right now.

Now...maybe some of you should re-think your positions.

Just saying...not griping.

:tt02:

SteelCityMom
09-19-2010, 11:14 AM
We're not the ones who wrote the article lol.

I respect Terry for all the success he helped bring the Steelers, but his holier than thou speeches concerning Ben are pure hypocrisy. Whether it's because he's jealous or not doesn't change that fact.

And yes...chasing skirts around a honky tonk bar is not the same as sexual assault BUT, there's no proof to that says that Ben did anything other than that. And if Terry were a player today doing the things he did when he played in the 70's, he'd be putting himself in the same position that Ben did and we'd be having the same discussion about Terry that we are about Ben right now.

TazmanianTroy
09-19-2010, 11:17 AM
We're not the ones who wrote the article lol.

I respect Terry for all the success he helped bring the Steelers, but his holier than thou speeches concerning Ben are pure hypocrisy. Whether it's because he's jealous or not doesn't change that fact.

And yes...chasing skirts around a honky tonk bar is not the same as sexual assault BUT, there's no proof to that says that Ben did anything other than that. And if Terry were a player today doing the things he did when he played in the 70's, he'd be putting himself in the same position that Ben did and we'd be having the same discussion about Terry that we are about Ben right now.

Yeah...you did not write the article...but comment(s) in support of Terry bashing were made I believe.

tony hipchest
09-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Bradshaw was no good man himself in his day and even wrote a book about his behavior. Does Terry forget this or is the rumor true that he is as dumb as he looks and can't even read his own sentence?

.:huh:

have you ever read terry's books? i have and by no means are they some sort of confession or revealing of deep dirty secrets.

theyre not even about his "behavior". theyre about his life and time with the steelers and beyond.

SteelCityMom
09-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah...you did not write the article...but comment(s) in support of Terry bashing were made I believe.

That's because he's being a blatant hypocrite. He brought these reactions on himself.

You think anyone would be saying anything about Terry if he had kept his mouth shut about Ben doing things that he (Terry) did back in the day when he was a player? Nope.

TazmanianTroy
09-19-2010, 11:25 AM
That's because he's being a blatant hypocrite. He brought these reactions on himself.

You think anyone would be saying anything about Terry if he had kept his mouth shut about Ben doing things that he (Terry) did back in the day when he was a player? Nope.

Mostly what I know about Terry is on the field stuff.

What exactly did he do OFF the field that would bring such condemnation?

Just asking an honest question here.

Thanks.

SteelCityMom
09-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Mostly what I know about Terry is on the field stuff.

What exactly did he do OFF the field that would bring such condemnation?

Just asking an honest question here.

Thanks.

"I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before ... My whole life was out of control."

Straight from the horses mouth...and taken directly from the article posted.

Not saying that makes him a bad person. And it certainly means that Terry has room to give advice to Ben since he's been there done that...but to bash him on national television in a way that is not giving friendly advice makes it hypocritical.

TazmanianTroy
09-19-2010, 11:34 AM
"I lived only for Terry Bradshaw, not for God. I tried to be one of the boys and went to every honky-tonk I could find and chased women and behaved in a way that was totally alien to anything I had ever known before ... My whole life was out of control."

Straight from the horses mouth...and taken directly from the article posted.

Not saying that makes him a bad person. And it certainly means that Terry has room to give advice to Ben since he's been there done that...but to bash him on national television in a way that is not giving friendly advice makes it hypocritical.

Maybe you are right.

The motorcycle advice I still stand by my opinion on that one.

I've been a bit out touch with everything going on football wise as well.

Also, Terry never got accused of anything.

It's a toss-up on the bar thing I guess.

That's all I have on this one.

Thanks for the insight.

:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
09-19-2010, 11:38 AM
that quote that keeps being tossed around really needt to be put back into the context in which it was delivered.

what he is saying is that he was pretty much a small town, shy, awkward kid who's social life pretty much consisted of bible study with a few fellow Christaina teammates.

he did start going out and trying to fit in, but in no way did he try to use his influence on women or bone chicks in bathrooms.

im not defensing terry's comments, and definitely dont think ben is guilty of anything, but terrys actions were much more innocent.

lets not forget, bradshaw got married (X3). while he is always accused of failed marriages, he's never been accused of forcing himself on women.

its possible he was guilty of infidelity, but that is not what his books are about.

steeltheone
09-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Loved Terry...A hero to me growing up! Like BR7 too ...just needs to clean up his act

SteelCityMom
09-19-2010, 11:57 AM
that quote that keeps being tossed around really needt to be put back into the context in which it was delivered.

what he is saying is that he was pretty much a small town, shy, awkward kid who's social life pretty much consisted of bible study with a few fellow Christaina teammates.

he did start going out and trying to fit in, but in no way did he try to use his influence on women or bone chicks in bathrooms.

im not defensing terry's comments, and definitely dont think ben is guilty of anything, but terrys actions were much more innocent.

lets not forget, bradshaw got married (X3). while he is always accused of failed marriages, he's never been accused of forcing himself on women.

its possible he was guilty of infidelity, but that is not what his books are about.

That may very well be true...but saying "I went to every honky tonk I could find and chased women" doesn't sound that good at all lol.

Kanata-Steeler
09-19-2010, 03:47 PM
for TB:

... I just could never say, or even think, anything bad of Terry Bradshaw, -ever, no way, no how. My genes prevent this.
Thankyou Terry FOREVER, for those first 4 SB rings.

" now the rest o you yoots', watch your frickin' MOUT'S here !!!" :mad:

thx.
;)

:tt04:

zulater
09-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Anyone who watched that abortion of an offense today and still agrees with TB's sentiment that Ben should be gotten rid of, well I don't know what to say?

dcsteel5804
09-19-2010, 05:32 PM
Everyone is sayin "Terry get paid to give his opinion", blah blah blah. I dont get paid to give mine,but I'll give it anyways, "Hey Terry, STFU". You just sound stupid constantly going out of your way to direct negativity in BB's direction. Its childish, grow up. I dont know if I'd say Terry is jealous, but I'd say he has some really bad blood toward Ben. The funniest part is that Ben has never been convicted of anything. Nothing has every been proven and Terry's judgement is based on hearsay and he's taking cheapshots long after the fact.

cubanstogie
10-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Everyone is sayin "Terry get paid to give his opinion", blah blah blah. I dont get paid to give mine,but I'll give it anyways, "Hey Terry, STFU". You just sound stupid constantly going out of your way to direct negativity in BB's direction. Its childish, grow up. I dont know if I'd say Terry is jealous, but I'd say he has some really bad blood toward Ben. The funniest part is that Ben has never been convicted of anything. Nothing has every been proven and Terry's judgement is based on hearsay and he's taking cheapshots long after the fact.

Lets see if Terry has the same rants when it comes to his favorite QB Favre now that he is in trouble with women. I doubt it, Terry wants to blow Brett. I loved him as a QB but can't stand him on TV anymore.

sharkweek
10-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Bradshaw has always been a nut job, I don't know why anyone would take him too seriously.

tony hipchest
10-10-2010, 10:07 PM
y'all love terry.

admit it.

tafb-jPTH4I

MasterOfPuppets
10-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Lets see if Terry has the same rants when it comes to his favorite QB Favre now that he is in trouble with women. I doubt it, Terry wants to blow Brett. I loved him as a QB but can't stand him on TV anymore.
good point...should be interesting.

Kanata-Steeler
10-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Of course Terry is overly HARD on Ben, but if anyone "can" say it, then it's Terry -all the way. "...what doesn't kill 'ya, will make you stronger...."
Big deal !? pbbbbt,
TB was his own worst hellraiser himself back in the day - The obvious difference was, Terry wasn't "stioooopid" enough to get caught -whereas Ben was, duh !
It's as simple as that !
Ben has now swallowed lots of humble pie, and he will come out of this stronger and better for us.
It's ALL good.

Go ahead, give him heck Terry.
:)

Fire Haley
10-13-2010, 11:14 AM
The rumor now is Ben is banging Bradshaw's daughter - that's why he hates Ben.

AndyWitmyer
10-13-2010, 12:40 PM
There are many who will argue (fairly) that no one has ever accused Terry of forcing himself on a woman. This may be true. But just to play devil's advocate (and to put things into a little bit of perspective), in those days, women were more marginalized. They were far less likely to speak out on the things men would do. Getting hit on and "chased" were the social norms. And rape was shameful. Not saying Terry raped anyone - not even saying Ben raped anyone - but the definitions of sexual assault were, I think, a little different in those days.

What I guess I'm saying is, it's entirely possible that Big Ben and Terry Bradshaw, "chased" women in the same way - but what was once considered "boys being boys" is now considered "sexual assault". Not to mention, our culture was not so hung up on suing people left and right.

steelerdave1969
10-13-2010, 03:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone else thought the same thing I was about Terry just being an idiot. Today's players are so much different than back in the day and Terry did win 4 super bowls, but he did it with the Best Defense of That Time. I love the Steelers and have for 40 years, but I also know that that Defense of the Steel Curtain Days could Not stand up to today's offenses. That being said, I have seen enough of Terry Bradshaw to know that he would not most likely be a more like Mark Malone QB against today's Defenses. He made bad passes and through A Lot of INT's. I love Ben, and I hope that all the accusations are false about him, cuz he is one of today's Top QB's for sure.

Corey120120
10-13-2010, 05:04 PM

I agree 100%, i do like ben as a quarter back and a football player, but he is not acting like someone in his position should be.

zulater
10-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I agree 100%, i do like ben as a quarter back and a football player, but he is not acting like someone in his position should be.

Past tense Corey, make it should have and we agree. :drink:

ricardisimo
10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Bradshaw has an opinion on this because he's paid to have opinions on this. He's not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, and never was. I suspect he's harder on the Steelers and on Ben for two reasons:

In his mind it makes him more of a "legitimate" journalist to be harder on his old team;
I suspect he's never gotten over not being drafted by either a New York or an LA team, to make his transition to the Big Time that much easier.

Just guesses on my part. Doesn't matter. He helped bring us four titles, and we should be thankful.

mikegrimey
10-13-2010, 06:51 PM

Tony how is "I went to every honky tonk and chased every woman" being taken out of context?

It is a very revealing quote in light of Bradshaw denouncing Roethlisberger repeatedly for "the way he treats women".

Even if Bradshaw used that example to show how he turned the life around how is "going to every honky tonk" any different than the modern day equivilent of "getting fvked up and fvcking every bitch in sight?"

By the man's own admission he partied hard and chased a lot of skirt.

I've said it before, the main fault in Bradshaw's venom against Ben is he assumes Ben's guilt without any proof.

ricardisimo
10-13-2010, 06:57 PM
I've said it before, the main fault in Bradshaw's venom against Ben is he assumes Ben's guilt without any proof.
"Without any proof" is overstating the case. Just because the Georgia Bureau of Investigations couldn't satisfy their legal obligations so as to proceed doesn't mean "there's no proof." To your point, though, in our system he is innocent until proven guilty... or until Glenn Beck declares him guilty, whichever comes first.

zulater
10-13-2010, 07:16 PM
"Without any proof" is overstating the case. Just because the Georgia Bureau of Investigations couldn't satisfy their legal obligations so as to proceed doesn't mean "there's no proof." To your point, though, in our system he is innocent until proven guilty... or until Glenn Beck declares him guilty, whichever comes first.

Actually he's right there is no proof. Outside of contradictory witness statements by the accuser, and her subsequent refusal to talk to authorities what "proof" do you know of that indicates any guilt of a crime? :noidea:

scsteeler
10-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Exactly what this is. Bradshaw is trash and a hypocrite. Ben is already the better quarterback. Put Bradshaw on any other team back in the late 70s and Terry is just another guy on the field.

I echo your words. I have never seen so much hate well I have (look at the elections) but that is what it is Hate and not just a dislike. Bradshaw should just get over it and stop his Whining.