FIRE ARIANS !!!

Kanata-Steeler
09-19-2010, 03:29 PM
FIRE ARIANS !!!

"ditto"

ETL
09-19-2010, 03:31 PM
how many INTs did our QBs throw?

it would have been really sad to lose a game like this where our defense played so well because of a bad INT

mikegrimey
09-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Batch threw a couple of good ones
Miller
Ward
Wallace
Randle El
all left a pass apiece hit the turf

SteelCityMom
09-19-2010, 03:33 PM
FIRE ARIANS !!!

Haters be hatin'. :sofunny:

I'm willing to overlook the offensive woes today. At least we got the W.

Gotta remember that our O-line is filled with rookies and 2nd stringers right now. Hopefully everyone on the O-line is back and healthy when Ben gets back.

SteeleReign
09-19-2010, 03:33 PM
I know. I'm trying to remember a single offensive highlight other than the 20 yard run by Mendenhall....was there anything else?

Fire Arians
09-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I know. I'm trying to remember a single offensive highlight other than the 20 yard run by Mendenhall....was there anything else?

no.

FIRE ARIANS!

why? why not! :P

MasterOfPuppets
09-19-2010, 03:36 PM
dixon had a 20 yd run...:noidea:

ETL
09-19-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm sorry, but with a defense playing like that - it would be criminal to let our 4th string QB try to "air it out" Arians called a game as dictated by the game. If we needed the offense to win the game - I'm sure he would have made other calls.

The boring run plays drained the clock and allowed our defense to rest. The game is won by scoring more points than the other team and not with more passing yards or offensive highlights.

vasteeler
09-19-2010, 03:38 PM
I dont think we can blame BA for the offensive woes, we had our 4th string qb out there ......give me a break, better yet give bruce a break

joeyssteelcurtain
09-19-2010, 03:39 PM
It will be all good when Ben comes back

lionslicer
09-19-2010, 03:41 PM
The last 2 games were against top defenses, the next 2 games are against top defenses, though Arians has problems, he's doing a great job of not giving the game away. We're playing with 3rd and 4th string quarterbacks, a beat up offensive line and top defenses, he deserves a little credit.

Fire Arians
09-19-2010, 03:44 PM
could be worse, joe flacco threw 4 INT's today lol

joeyssteelcurtain
09-19-2010, 03:46 PM

I love it. Everyone was picking them to win the afc and they have looked like poop the frist 2 games i love it stupid ratbrids

SteelCityMom
09-19-2010, 03:46 PM

Exactly...Brett Favre had 4 TO's today against Miami as well.

As critical as I was of the play calling all game...I get why it was so weak, and at least they didn't turn the ball over constantly. That would have been horrific.

tony hipchest
09-19-2010, 04:00 PM
dixon had a 20 yd run...:noidea:

and a DAMN good run it was. unfortunately i think that may have been the play that knocked him out of the game.

we werent supposed to beat the titans and did so with a 4th string 1b and a 2nd string OL. :thumbsup:

it was a good day. :drink:

MasterOfPuppets
09-19-2010, 04:03 PM
and a DAMN good run it was. unfortunately i think that may have been the play that knocked him out of the game.

we werent supposed to beat the titans and did so with a 4th string 1b and a 2nd string OL. :thumbsup:

actually his last play was the designed run for like 7 yds ... i'm assuming it happened there.

BigRick
09-19-2010, 04:03 PM
FIRE ARIANS !!!

I totally agree!::tt03:

mesaSteeler
09-19-2010, 04:34 PM

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Absolutely correct! We did what we had to do to win. Given that Batch has not worked with the starters it's not surprising his timing is off.

tony hipchest
09-19-2010, 04:37 PM
i was just glad we didnt have to take a knee 3 times to ice the game.

charlie may have sprained it.

Spinlcrack
09-19-2010, 04:39 PM
i was just glad we didnt have to take a knee 3 times to ice the game.

charlie may have sprained it.

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are.

MasterOfPuppets
09-19-2010, 06:29 PM
I dont think we can blame BA for the offensive woes, we had our 4th string qb out there ......give me a break, better yet give bruce a break
perspective.... the sorry ass rams and their rookie qb scored twice from the redzone. :doh:

stb_steeler
09-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Arians didnt want DD running thats obvious, Hate it or not he was out to play conservative but he got hurt anyway. This is what they didnt want to happen being down 2 QB's.

lionslicer
09-19-2010, 06:48 PM
perspective.... the sorry ass rams and their rookie qb scored twice from the redzone. :doh:

Against the Raiders... Who still won

MasterOfPuppets
09-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Against the Raiders... Who still won
they're still the F'n rams , not the team that won a sb 2 years ago....:doh:

lionslicer
09-19-2010, 07:01 PM
they're still the F'n rams , not the team that won a sb 2 years ago....:doh:

So you're being prejudice because of their recent seasons? Doesn't history teach you anything. Any team can be terrible one season and great the next season with a new rookie quarterback. Does this ring a bell? 2003 Steelers 6-10 2004 steelers with a new rookie quarterback 15-1
Being prejudice against a team because of their past is like being a racist... I love the steelers, but they went 9-7 last year, so this year, with a line that can't stay healthy and a 3rd and 4th string quarterback, I'm not going to say they have to be amazing because they won the superbowl 2 years ago. After 2005 they went 2-6 in theit first 8 games, superbowls in the past don't make you good in the present.

MasterOfPuppets
09-19-2010, 07:04 PM
yes history has taught me something .... that bruce arians shouldn't be an offensive coordinator in the nfl ...:popcorn:

lionslicer
09-19-2010, 07:06 PM
yes history has taught me something .... that bruce arians shouldn't be an offensive coordinator in the nfl ...:popcorn:

Nice job changing a topic to something everyone agrees on.

MasterOfPuppets
09-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Nice job changing a topic to something everyone agrees on.
if you agree, then what are you objecting too ? :noidea:

ETL
09-19-2010, 07:43 PM
What are you all complaining about? Our QBs played like All-Pros! Here is what a Titan fan posted on his messageboard. I guess its all about different perspectives. :)

I'm still pissed about this one. I knew it wasn't gonna be good when they started the game off with the KO return for a TD.

Overall I will give our D a lot of credit for only giving up 19 points on our 7 TOs, but these guys made Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch look like all-pros out there. I still cannot believe that we lost this game.

The big difference in this game was coaching. Pittsburgh adjusted to what our D was throwing at them and our offense didn't. Period.

Fire Arians
09-19-2010, 07:47 PM
how much of a blowout would this game have been if the offense was led by ben? I'm quite sure he'd be able to turn 7 turnovers into at least 20 points

ETL
09-19-2010, 07:54 PM
how much of a blowout would this game have been if the offense was led by ben? I'm quite sure he'd be able to turn 7 turnovers into at least 20 points

agree with you 100%. Probably more than 20 points.

MasterOfPuppets
09-19-2010, 07:54 PM
What are you all complaining about? Our QBs played like All-Pros! Here is what a Titan fan posted on his messageboard. I guess its all about different perspectives. :)

I'm still pissed about this one. I knew it wasn't gonna be good when they started the game off with the KO return for a TD.

Overall I will give our D a lot of credit for only giving up 19 points on our 7 TOs, but these guys made Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch look like all-pros out there. I still cannot believe that we lost this game.

The big difference in this game was coaching. Pittsburgh adjusted to what our D was throwing at them and our offense didn't. Period.
intelligent fans they got over there.....that poster should be a writer over at S.U.ck.

tony hipchest
09-19-2010, 07:56 PM
how much of a blowout would this game have been if the offense was led by ben? I'm quite sure he'd be able to turn 7 turnovers into at least 20 pointsi would like to think it would be a huge blowout.

but with ben, arians might have called 40 pass plays/3 int, and the titans contol the clock withy johnson. :noidea:

the gameplan has produced winning football in the past 2 weeks.

i fear the gameplan may change when ben comes back. with him in the line up it is all about "style points".

MasterOfPuppets
09-19-2010, 08:02 PM
i would like to think it would be a huge blowout.

but with ben, arians might have called 40 pass plays/3 int, and the titans contol the clock withy johnson. :noidea:

the gameplan has produced winning football in the past 2 weeks.

i fear the gameplan may change when ben comes back. with him in the line up it is all about "style points".
a few more incompletions stopping the clock on the steelers part, might have gave them a better shot to tie the game up.

ETL
09-19-2010, 08:05 PM
"i fear the gameplan may change when ben comes back.".

I hope Arians is learning on-the-job during all this. I'm sure he is. How can he not. And he should learn how running the ball helps you control the game. Even when Ben comes back, Arians should continue to use the run.

here's the catch. you can only run the ball like this IF your defense is strong. If your defense is weak - then forget about trying to control the game with the run.

StainlessStill
09-19-2010, 08:05 PM
How and why is everyone wanting to fire Arians? Didn't we KNOW what to expect coming into this season with a 4th string QB taking the reigns? We knew that it had to be the defense to play well enough to win games. Fortunate for us, we didn't expect the D to be THIS stout and this dominant. Arians has nothing to work with and can't really call a balanced gameplan with the uncertainty at QB, esp when were down to our last one! It'll gradually get better, guaranteed, esp when you know who comes back. Watch teams eventually back off when Ben comes back and that allows the whole field to open up, esp. Mendenhall as well as situational play calls. Patience, we're getting it done.

ETL
09-19-2010, 08:10 PM
How and why is everyone wanting to fire Arians? Didn't we KNOW what to expect coming into this season with a 4th string QB taking the reigns? We knew that it had to be the defense to play well enough to win games. Fortunate for us, we didn't expect the D to be THIS stout and this dominant. Arians has nothing to work with and can't really call a balanced gameplan with the uncertainty at QB, esp when were down to our last one! It'll gradually get better, guaranteed, esp when you know who comes back.

I agree with you. Arian has been given subpar ingredients and is being asked to make a gourmet meal. As long as he can make something edible (i.e. good enough for a win) at least for the first 4 weeks, I will be happy

lionslicer
09-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I hope Arians is learning on-the-job during all this. I'm sure he is. How can he not. And he should learn how running the ball helps you control the game. Even when Ben comes back, Arians should continue to use the run.

here's the catch. you can only run the ball like this IF your defense is strong. If your defense is weak - then forget about trying to control the game with the run.

Steelers ran the ball 30 times today. Line was suffering, injuries, heat, titans really good at just stuffing the run in general. You can't run the ball 2 times, and expect to get a first down running on 3rd and 6. I don't like Arians, but there was nothing he could do in this game. 2 less than medicore quarterbacks, recivers dropping balls, good defense. Some people are mad he was running the ball, some people are mad he called like less than 20 pass plays.

tony hipchest
09-19-2010, 08:20 PM
i think some of you are missing the point.

arians called a great game today because his hands were tied and he was forced to do so.

he had no coice but to do what conventional wisdom said he had to do in order to win.

unfortunately that wont be the case when ben gets back. arians has a ton of pass plays to call to make up for lost time and get another 4000+ yd passer.

im afraid that when ben is back, conventional wisdom is out the window.

PhantomJB93
09-19-2010, 08:20 PM
^I understand your point on arians but seriously his playcalling could still be a lot better. im not opposed to running a lot by any means, but in the second half i swear we ran straight up the middle on almost every play...it gets really predictable after a while, you could at least mix it up with some outside runs or pitches, and if youre afraid to try long passes or risk getting batch injured why not just run some quick screens or checkdowns to mix things up a bit? we ran up the middle on first and second down pretty much every series and almost every time it just left us with 3rd and long because after a little bit they caught on. I guess it was good for clock management but I just feel like we could have managed the clock and capitalized on our chances more efficiently at the same time...I know Im not a coach and its easy to say "Theyre the coaches they know better than us" but I really just cant help but feel that the offensive playcalling couldnt have been any more predictable...

I guess a W is a W but I still feel like even with Batch and our oline in shambles we could have turned some of those 3's into 7's with just a little better playcalling...

LVSteelersfan
09-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Arians is still being too damn predictable. If he would just try a play action pass on first down just once I would fall off my chair. He needs to get Hines and Miller into the game plan. He kept running it on first and second down to the same side of the field over and over in the red zone. I HATE THAT. He is the worst red zone OC ever as far as I am concerned. I hate all those stupid field goals game after game keeping the other team in the game.

lionslicer
09-19-2010, 08:24 PM
^I understand your point on arians but seriously his playcalling could still be a lot better. im not opposed to running a lot by any means, but in the second half i swear we ran straight up the middle on almost every play...it gets really predictable after a while, you could at least mix it up with some outside runs or pitches, and if youre afraid to try long passes or risk getting batch injured why not just run some quick screens or checkdowns to mix things up a bit? we ran up the middle on first and second down pretty much every series and almost every time it just left us with 3rd and long because after a little bit they caught on. I guess it was good for clock management but I just feel like we could have managed the clock and capitalized on our chances more efficiently at the same time...I know Im not a coach and its easy to say "Theyre the coaches they know better than us" but I really just cant help but feel that the offensive playcalling couldnt have been any more predictable...

I guess a W is a W but I still feel like even with Batch and our oline in shambles we could have turned some of those 3's into 7's with just a little better playcalling...

He called running plays up the middle because both of the offensive tackles were injured. When we ran left, Hill or whoever was over there let players right in the back field, when we ran right the same thing. He really had no choise but to go right up the middle.

Well not injured, Dehydrated as they put it

SH-Rock
09-19-2010, 08:24 PM
I love it when analysts expect the Steelers to play awful. In the past two games the Steelers were expected to lose by most analysts.

MasterOfPuppets
09-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Arians is still being too damn predictable. If he would just try a play action pass on first down just once I would fall off my chair. He needs to get Hines and Miller into the game plan. He kept running it on first and second down to the same side of the field over and over in the red zone. I HATE THAT. He is the worst red zone OC ever as far as I am concerned. I hate all those stupid field goals game after game keeping the other team in the game.
hater....:popcorn:

lionslicer
09-19-2010, 08:28 PM

Yeah blame him and not the recievers for dropping balls or offensive linemen commiting stupid holding calls, totally not their fault..

I am not a supporter of Arians at all, I'm just puting some consistancy into your arguement.

fer522
09-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Guys i hate BA as much as you do but today he did what he could with what he had and he did one hell of a job:wave:
steelers 2-0 :tt03:
bengals 1-1 :rofl:
ravens 1-0 :rofl:
browns 0-2 :rofl:

FireMedic24
09-19-2010, 08:53 PM
i think BA did exactly what he needed to and was told to do. im sure he was told by tomlin and lebeau that he with the way our defense was playing we did not want to give the titans a short field. sure we all would of like to see a couple of down the field shots to open up the running game but they just were not comfortable with batch since he has no p.t with the ones. in the end all we need are the wins no matter how we get them. tampa is going to be another long hot game next week very similar to todays game. steelers 3-0 after and bring on the f-ing ratbirds, another 4 ints from flacco and maybe an injury.

GO STEELERS

LVSteelersfan
09-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Damn, you figured me out. :flap: I realize that they did what they had to today for the most part. But they tried running Moore up the middle at least three times today. What is he even doing in there on that play? It should be Mendy or Redman. And running the same play on first and second down to the right side when it didn't work on first down drives me crazy. They did that on two drives in a row. They could at least try the other side of the line between Kemo and Pouncey, two road graders, at least one time to see if there is a weakness over there. I will not back off the fact that I cannot stand Arians. I will not be satisfied until he goes the way of Tyrone Carter, Stephan Logan and any other useless person on the team.

hater....:popcorn:

Hi5Steeler
09-19-2010, 09:24 PM
I hope we get 21 yards passing every single game because the results were beautiful

ZoneBlitzer
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
1.2 yards per pass. That is abysmal. Without Ben the dropoff should not be that dramatic. The D is carrying this team. It is time to find some new solutions on offense. You have to wonder with the give away of Holmes and his absence off the roster is starting to show to say the least.

The offense is absolutely terrible. The most disappointing thing is their squandering of short fields throughout the game.

SteelKnight
09-19-2010, 10:33 PM

We will be fine once Ben comes back but we need to spend at least one practice a week (not the whole day) working on Red Zone offense and situational football in the Red Zone. I noticed they were still having trouble with Ben in the preseason.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-20-2010, 06:20 AM
1.2 yards per pass. That is abysmal. Without Ben the dropoff should not be that dramatic. The D is carrying this team. It is time to find some new solutions on offense. You have to wonder with the give away of Holmes and his absence off the roster is starting to show to say the least.

The offense is absolutely terrible. The most disappointing thing is their squandering of short fields throughout the game.

Our solution is on his way week 5 my friend

SteelMember
09-20-2010, 07:45 AM

I'm just glad we were able to get enough 3's to make it a 2 posession game. It's bad enough to get 7 turnovers and still keep them in the game at the end. I was starting to get a little nervous when the prevent started making it's usual debut.

i think some of you are missing the point.

arians called a great game today because his hands were tied and he was forced to do so.

he had no coice but to do what conventional wisdom said he had to do in order to win.

unfortunately that wont be the case when ben gets back. arians has a ton of pass plays to call to make up for lost time and get another 4000+ yd passer.

im afraid that when ben is back, conventional wisdom is out the window.

BA - "They would totally not expect that.. or would they?" :scratchchin:

Curtain_of_Steel
09-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Could've been Flacco with 4 int's!! Thats pricelist.
Coud've been Vince Young too, lol
Whats shocking is Sanchex passed for more TD's than INT's, but we all know that is a train wreck waiting to happen on Dec 19th.

If Leftwhich is somewhat healthy Tomlin should go with him next week. Dixon is not the answer and our Def has stepped up unbelievably these past 2 weeks. I was hoping for 2-2 when Bb comes back and now it could be 3-1 or 4-0 with the way we are playing. Tampa doesn't impress me at all and the Ravens will have flacco at QB keeping us in the game in 2 weeks.

So much for any QB controversy, lol Sad part is, Dixon has proven he isn't a back up QB and his trade value is about that of Ryan Leaf right now or Jamarcus Russell.

As far as BA goes, I do not care if your the greatest football mind in the world on offense. You have green QB and and old qb who can't move QB'ing for us this week. Oline was the greatest and Titans Def knew all we could do was run. Several plays Dixon had people open, on his fumble I believe Randel El was open on the left, but Dixon was staring down Wallace than he got whacked.

2-0 2 games to go before Big Ben is back in the fold.