PDA

View Full Version : Defense

shinoff2183
09-19-2010, 05:18 PM
I think are defense really really came thru for us this week. Without that defensive performance, we lose. The offense was ****ing horrendous. Sucks that dixon had to leave the game early. For everyone that wanted batch(I like batch I really do, just not on the field) over dixon, do you see how batch played. Atleast dixon **** it.

Im sorry to rant like this, but im just completely disgusted by the offense. Did we even manage over 50 yards passing. I cant wait until bens back. Lucky for us were 2-0.

shinoff2183
09-19-2010, 05:20 PM
I think are defense really really came thru for us this week. Without that defensive performance, we lose. The offense was ****ing horrendous. Sucks that dixon had to leave the game early. For everyone that wanted batch(I like batch I really do, just not on the field) over dixon, do you see how batch played. Atleast dixon **** it.

Im sorry to rant like this, but im just completely disgusted by the offense. Did we even manage over 50 yards passing. I cant wait until bens back. Lucky for us were 2-0.

shinoff2183
09-19-2010, 05:21 PM
please delete my browser said problem loading page, so I assumed it didnt work, I hit back and hit submit again.

pancake
09-19-2010, 05:26 PM
I didn't like our offense either, but I will take a win any day no matter how ugle.

Just 2 more games to get our QB back...

Fire Arians
09-19-2010, 05:27 PM
we won against a good team in hostile territory, who historically we've never fared well at their house. i'll take it!

mesaSteeler
09-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Stop double posting!

Admins would you please consolidate the threads.

As far your point, it is completely wrong. We have a patchwork offensive line and in Batch, a fourth string QB who has not worked with the starters. It's no wonder his timing is off. What did you want the offense to do? Pass fifty times and lose the game?

The offense did exactly what it was supposed to do and not lose the game and to score just enough points to win.

Even after Ben comes back we still will have to be reliant on the run and a strong D since Ben's timing will take some "time" to come back.

Spinlcrack
09-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Really, you THINK the D came through for us this week? Of course they did, buddy. They did the same thing last week.

Do you realize who was playing QB or LT? The offense made no mistakes, other than the forced fumble, which, again look at the LT. The O played smart and to the situation, IMHO.
I am totally stoked about this win. Our D is awesome. Welcome Mr. Timmons.

:tt:

mesaSteeler
09-19-2010, 05:42 PM
please delete my browser said problem loading page, so I assumed it didnt work, I hit back and hit submit again.

And how did you manage to have two different thread titles? I don't think that was because of a browser.

sbbound
09-19-2010, 05:50 PM

How disgusted can you really be by the offense? They're playing with their 4TH string qb. The defense looks absolutely tremendous. Barring injuries it is without a doubt a sb defense. Its all a matter of how fares when Ben returns.

StainlessStill
09-19-2010, 05:52 PM
What a game!!!!! This might be THEE NASTIEST defense I've ever watched. 7 turnovers, limiting Johnson to 34 yards on the ground. This is what we expected, the defense to step up and carry the entire load. We are getting very thin with depth. Expect Lefty to get a major look for next week. Defense is just unbelievably unstopable. We're looking great. Going 3-1/4-0 with a warm seat for Ben would be fantastic. Can't wait for BR7 to come back. Boy oh boy do we miss that man.

MasterOfPuppets
09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Stop double posting!

Admins would you please consolidate the threads.

he forgot the "phew" .... its a legit reason to start an "almost" identical thread ...:noidea:

shinoff2183
09-21-2010, 11:37 AM
And how did you manage to have two different thread titles? I don't think that was because of a browser.

The browser messed up I hit back and decided to add the phew. Honestly is it that big of a deal. I was unaware that it still posted the first time. I barely post here why would I waste my time making two threads on the same subject on purpose. I did post in one of them please delete.

I was mad as hell after that game, a couple days later Im still concerned about this offense with batch in there. Are defense had a fantastic game, I just hope they can keep it up and play the whole four quarters.

SteeleReign
09-21-2010, 12:12 PM

I disagree to a point. I actually thought Batch looked more comfortable in the pocket than Dixon did. In defense of Charlie, he did have a TD pass pulled back due to holding, and Wallace dropped another pass that could have been caught.

I think Batch, given some time, will do fine for us. Hopefully, we can get Mendenhall rolling this weekend & take some pressure off of the QB, whoever it is.