PDA

View Full Version : You Know You're a Steelers fan when...

blackvelvet
03-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Let's see how long we can make this! I'll start.

You think paying $75 dollars for groceries is nuts, but think nothing of paying $1000 for Steeler garb.

You think the Giant Eagle is on the ends of the Earth, but when you go out of town you tell people that you live "right down the block" from Heinz Field.

You'd skip a family reunion to go watch the Steelers train up in Latrobe

You saved up all these years for your dream vacation, then spend the entire savings on a Steelers/Browns game

You have five T-shirts that says "Cleveland sucks"

You get Steeler fight songs stuck in your head

You consider The Wheels on the Bus a fight song

If the teacher at the local preschool doesn't teach The Wheels on the Bus, you accuse them of being a Browns fan

You've started calling people you don't like Seahawk fans or Browns fans

You own Steeler jerseys that they don't sell anymore (and you were born after '85)

When you meet out of towners, you only think of them by their football teams (ex: a person from New Orleans is automatically a saint fan, a person from Indy is a Colts fan... you get the idea)

You start comparing quarterbacks, whether or not they're Steelers, to Terry Bradshaw

You've tried to make a Brown's pinata, but couldn't for awhile because you didn't know what the heck a Brown was.

You then made a dog piniata instead of a Brown piniata, whatever a brown supposed to be

Church lets out early for Steeler games

You know the Four seasons: Preseason, football, playoffs, and offseason with nothing to do on Sundays

You own more than one Original Terrible Towel

When the Steelers are in the playoffs, the church crowd chants "Here we go Steelers, here we go!" on their way out.

Teachers cancelled classes after playoff games and the Super Bowl because they didn't want to deal with the hungover students that actually made it to class

that's all I can think of. Anybody got more?

tony hipchest
03-05-2006, 03:47 PM
good post.

you know youre a FOOTBALL fan when you visually imagine how far you could punt your neighbors yapping chuihuahua. when you see it sitting there you wonder if you could kick it over the telephone wires for a field goal.

you know youre a steelerfan:

when youre still convinced kordell stewart shouldve been able to win a superbowl if not 2.

when you think bumble bees look like flying insects in tiny steeler jerseys

when the childrens story "lambert the sheepish lion" offends you.

when you think terry bradshaw is the greatest tv personality of all time

when your convinced his daytime talk show shouldve been more succesfull than "dr. phil"

when you think painted curbs and road stripes are "gold"

when you get dressed and you think red, blue, black, and yellow match.

when you think a yellow shirt or tie goes best with a tuxedo.

when you see a brand new black vehicle you think how much cooler it would be with 2 huge yellow racing stripes across the hood and trunk.

blackvelvet
03-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Ha! I love that first one!

Another one:

You're going to see Failure to Launch just cause Terry Bradshaw's in it.

tony hipchest
03-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Ha! I love that first one!

Another one:

You're going to see Failure to Launch just cause Terry Bradshaw's in it.

you already know you will own it on dvd before even seeing it.

you wonder if he will be nominated for an oscar for best supporting actor.

HburgXL06
03-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Great heres a few:

You know Lyn Swan is going to win governor for PA just by announcing his running.

You know you will vote for Swannie without even hearing what he will do for the state.

Whenever you go to a party everyone you meet always knows at least one Steelers fan not including yourself.

You keep very close track of where your Terrible Towel and Steelers jersey(s) are in case of fire they are the most valuable items that you would grab first out the door.

Nothing is ever "black and yellow" because with those two colors together it's always Black n Gold.

BuFu

pucho58
03-05-2006, 06:31 PM
when your wife is in labor you tell her to hold it untill the game is over.

when we run into strangers wearing steelers gear we start talking like we knew each other for years.

you have a heart felt moment when your 2yrs old son says the words Cleveland Sucks.

HburgXL06
03-05-2006, 11:44 PM
you have a heart felt moment when your 2yrs old son says the words Cleveland Sucks.

First phrase my son will learn: "Here we go"

Second: "Browns suck!"

Nice post man. Peace.

BuFu

melroseplace
03-06-2006, 09:09 AM
when you show up late to Christmas eve mass because you were watching the game and you showed up wearing black and gold (even if it wasn't Steelers gear)

beSteelmyheart
03-06-2006, 06:14 PM
..any gold vehicle with black trim is automatically a Steelers car-you daydream about what Steelers stuff you could add to it, if it were yours. Especially if it's one of those "gold" Corvettes.
..shopping for a car, there are only certain colors you will consider, colors that will match any Steelers stuff you want to put on it. Of course, those colors would be black, gold, white, red or blue, my preferences are in that order.
..of course, before you even find that perfect car, you already have your Steelers accessories chosen, wondering if they make Steelers seat covers!

siss
03-06-2006, 10:46 PM
If you truly believe that the term "seahawks fan" is an oxymoron.
If you spend all day looking up stuff about the players personal lives.
If you have ever been to Ben's Blog.
If you have posted a relpy on Ben's Blog.
If you can't concentrate on your homework because you would rather be reading said blog.
If you went out and bought a "Drink Like a Champion Shirt"
If you spend your brake at work on any web sight related to the steelers.

Mamaduck43
03-07-2006, 04:52 AM
You reach into your closet to grab something to wear - - it can even be totally dark in your room - - and when you look in the mirror later, you realize that you are wearing black and gold in some combination.....

When you travel from Hawaii to Green Bay, in November, to see the game, and you buy a heavy Steelers parka, wool hat and gloves, $50 boots and thermal socks and underwear that you won't ever wear again, or at least until you can work another Steelers game into your budget...... And you would do it again in a heartbeat!!!!!

When you have been choking up and sobbing since the middle of this past season just thinking about next season without The Bus being on the field in #36......

When a young man from Wisconsin asks you for permission to marry your daughter - - her three kids are in on the deal, too - - and your response is that they can get married as long as he promises not to try to make Packer fans out of any of them......

And you begrudgingly concede that if he and your daughter have a child together, that it can be raised as a Packer fan except for when they play the Steelers - - then it will wear black and gold - - provided by grandma, of course.......

blackvelvet
03-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Your friends have called Oprah and asked if she can do a story on you 'cause they've never met someone so obbsessed with the Steelers

You believe that whole DVD veiwing at Lowes bomb thing was the handiwork of some Browms fans.

or Seahawk fan

or Indy fan

or Pats fan

or Broncos fan

or Bengals fan

or anyone else that could be mad about Pittsburgh winning the Super Bowl

When your New England friends brag about the Pats you loudly declare:

Before Super Bowl XL: "Steel City will rise again!"

After Super Bowl XL: "Guess who has FIVE Super Bowls? Guess who doesn't?"

You believe no Browns fan is worthy of crying on a Terrible Towel

You actually get teary eyed when you hear "They Tore Down Three Rivers" (if you haven't heard it, go to steelersinhoboken.com. Just search around. You'll find it).

Ohio Steeler
03-08-2006, 10:17 PM
You Know You're a Steelers fan when...

you name you dog's

Piitts and Burgh

tony hipchest
03-08-2006, 10:41 PM
you know youre a football fan when your kids name is payton terry (mom is a bears fan) and the name was selected before the sex of the child was known.

payton terence, or in our case payton teresa.

Steeler in Carolina
03-08-2006, 11:04 PM
You know you are a Steeler fan when:

I passed up seats in a Suite to see a Panther game to watch Steelers play in 2004 on TV when team was already out of playoffs and game didn't matter.

I quit a job because I had tickets to the last game in Three Rivers Stadium and I was going to have to work that day.

I have a "Vote for Lynn Swann for governor" bumper sticker eventhough I live in North Carolina.

FisherMOM
03-08-2006, 11:22 PM
when you think terry bradshaw is the greatest tv personality of all time

So what are you saying? Are you saying that this is not true????? :redface:

and this one.. hahaha we thought about doing this to David's truck a few years back...

when you see a brand new black vehicle you think how much cooler it would be with 2 huge yellow racing stripes across the hood and trunk.

tony hipchest
03-08-2006, 11:34 PM
So what are you saying? Are you saying that this is not true????? :redface:

my bad...when you KNOW tb is the greatest tv personality of all time. :cool:

when youve read both his books and

when youve passed on his country albums to not tarnish any image of greatness you may have formed.

83-Steelers-43
03-09-2006, 07:58 AM
When you can't sleep the night before game day, leave for Heinz Field at 7:00 am and have beer and Italian sausage for breakfast at the tailgate. My heart, stomach and nerves are still recovering from this past season.

Ohio Steeler
03-09-2006, 08:26 AM
When you can't sleep the night before game day, leave for Heinz Field at 7:00 am and have beer and Italian sausage for breakfast at the tailgate. My heart, stomach and nerves are still recovering from this past season.

for sure

GO STEELERS

blackvelvet
03-09-2006, 06:42 PM
your friends are taking bets on which Steeler you'll faint of in front of first when you to Latrobe

you get pissed when your computer breaks and can't go on steelersfever, Ben's blog, or steelers.com

People've stopped reading your livejounal 'cause all you put up are Steeler related stuff, even though you promised to stop after the Super Bowl

Your lifejournal title reads "Life of a Diehard Steeler fan"

The subtitle says "I don't have many friends from Cleveland," or something to that extent

blackvelvet
03-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Oh! and whenevr you see the number 43, you automatically start singing the Polamolu song

And when people spell Hines Ward's name wrong, you go on a forty minute rant about how to correctly spell it!

siss
03-09-2006, 10:51 PM
...and when they spell or say Roethlisberger wrong (not that it happens much anymore)

siss
03-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Oops double post!

Lyn
03-10-2006, 03:31 PM
When you apply Phone numbers to Steeler players # (it works though word association)

HburgXL06
03-10-2006, 05:50 PM
When you are willing to fight a guy twice as big as you and five times as strong and is one of your good friends just because he said "Steelers suck go seahawks" during the super bowl (I was pulled back before anythin happened).

BuFu

blackvelvet
03-10-2006, 06:02 PM
You Know You're a Steelers fan when...

you name you dog's

Piitts and Burgh

Here's My list:

Dogs:
Benny
Dan
Bill
Bradshaw

Cats:
Rooney
Terry
Hines
Bettis

blackvelvet
03-11-2006, 10:07 AM
You know the Steelers history better than your family history

You believe it's you're god given right to educate non Steeler fans on everything you know about the Steelers

beSteelmyheart
03-19-2006, 05:53 PM
..when you would wear one of these(ladies) or buy one for your wife/girlfriend.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PITTSBURGH-STEELERS-STRING-BIKINI-SWIMSUIT-XS_W0QQitemZ5480588511QQcategoryZ63867QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem
I'd buy one in a minute if I could try it on, first!!
(not a sales pitch, I just think they are cute!)

FisherMOM
03-20-2006, 08:40 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PITTSBURGH-STEELERS-STRING-BIKINI-SWIMSUIT-XS_W0QQitemZ5480588511QQcategoryZ63867QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

Hey, that's cute.. sadly thought, I dont DO bikinis anymore! :dang: :rolleyes:

SteelerzGirl
03-21-2006, 07:26 PM

Hey, that is pretty cute, but I don't particularly like the Steelers logo on the nipple. It just looks kinda weird there. I would prefer a smaller logo on the back of the bikini bottoms somewhere around where it says "Steelers." I guess a Steelers logo on my butt wouldn't be cool, though, huh...(lol)?

tony hipchest
03-21-2006, 08:09 PM
I would prefer a smaller logo on the back of the bikini bottoms somewhere around where it says "Steelers." I guess a Steelers logo on my butt wouldn't be cool, though, huh...(lol)?........good for target practice.

oh wait....did i say that out loud? my bad.

(parden the inuendo, but it had to be said)

anyways........you know your a steelersfan when you can turn their logo into an "inuendo" :sofunny:

JAG151
03-22-2006, 06:08 PM
If you have ever blown off a girlfriend's birthday celebration with her family because it was going to happen when the first game of the season was going to be on and you knew it wouldn't be on the television at the party!!

SteelerzGirl
03-23-2006, 12:45 PM
........good for target practice.

oh wait....did i say that out loud? my bad.

(parden the inuendo, but it had to be said)

anyways........you know your a steelersfan when you can turn their logo into an "inuendo" :sofunny:

:rolleyes:

A smart Steelers fan actually knows how to spell innuendo. Doesn't quite make the impact you had originally intended when you can't spell, now does it? :sofunny:

clevestinks
03-23-2006, 03:42 PM
You tell him SteelerzGirl

ARKIESTEEL
04-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Well this might sound crazy but I have 32 head of cows and they have tags in there ears with # on them so I started calling them by there STEELER names. The bus angus cow #36 just had a calf the bull is #29 so I call him Barry Foster and so on and so on. I guess I am nuts.

FisherMOM
04-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Hey ARKIE.. that's pretty cool! lol!

ARKIESTEEL
04-20-2006, 09:25 AM
The funny thing is that it wasnt planed it just kind of happened with the cows ear tags. If I had more cows we could do o-line d-line and wr.

shimmysteelerfan
05-02-2006, 12:46 PM
you know you have turned some one into a steelers fan ( your wife by chance ) when you show her the steelers couch @ ****ssportinggoods.com and she says , " that would be awesome in the living room!" :jammin:

NJSteelersgirl_3rdgen
05-05-2006, 11:52 AM
when one of the reasons you quit your job was because they wouldn't give you off on sundays.
when you live in jersey and have to deal with all the giants fans telling you that Ben sucks and Eli is better.
When said giants fans call you during the superbowl to tell you they now LOVE Ben because they won a bet and you tell them Ben doesnt need their love.
When you force your boyfriend to apply for a PA state trooper on the off chance he'll get assigned to the Pittsburgh area.

blackvelvet
05-05-2006, 05:27 PM
when one of the reasons you quit your job was because they wouldn't give you off on sundays.
when you live in jersey and have to deal with all the giants fans telling you that Ben sucks and Eli is better.
When said giants fans call you during the superbowl to tell you they now LOVE Ben because they won a bet and you tell them Ben doesnt need their love.
When you force your boyfriend to apply for a PA state trooper on the off chance he'll get assigned to the Pittsburgh area.

yeah, my friend lives on long island and is a Giants fan. At christmas, he came here to Pittsburgh and saying all over the place that the Giants were going to win. When the Steelers got to the Super Bowl, i sent him an e-mail that says: who beat Cinci, Indy AND Denver? or the better question is who LOST to Carolina 23-ZIP.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-06-2006, 12:20 PM
When you live in Cleveland and your friends tell you that if you want a girlfriend you need to move to Pittsburgh because the Cleveland girls just don't understand.

It's the Colts vs. Patriots AFC Championship Game and your friend's going away party because she is going to New Zealand.The game is on at her house for the party and you know the Steelers aren't in it,but you still show up in Steelers gear.

When you threaten to kick the ass of a guy 3 times your size just because he said the "Steelers suck".

Living in Cleveland,you still want a black F-150 4x4,and you wanna make it a Steelers themed vehicle,knowing you will one day come out to it and find it vandalized.

SteelerFanInATL
05-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Check the signature below, it says it all. All displaced Pittsburghers (East Liberty) who need there Black and Gold Fix every weekend can relate.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-21-2006, 10:22 AM
when your wife is in labor you tell her to hold it untill the game is over.

when we run into strangers wearing steelers gear we start talking like we knew each other for years.

I live in Indiana so anytime I run into someone wearing Steelers gear I get excited and start acting like a mad man. A couple weeks I was at the local bar I hang out at and two guys walked in wearing Steelers hats. I started screaming Super Bowl Champs my brothers. They yelled and screamed back. I love the Steelers Nation. Its like we are one big happy family. Here We Go Steelers Here We Go.

clevestinks
05-21-2006, 10:55 AM
You Bleed Black & Gold! Bottom line!

FisherMOM
05-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Check the signature below, it says it all. All displaced Pittsburghers (East Liberty) who need there Black and Gold Fix every weekend can relate.

YUP.... Same reason we have it here too... for the NFL ticket!:bouncy:

SteelCityMan786
05-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Let's see how long we can make this! I'll start.

You think paying $75 dollars for groceries is nuts, but think nothing of paying $1000 for Steeler garb.

You think the Giant Eagle is on the ends of the Earth, but when you go out of town you tell people that you live "right down the block" from Heinz Field.

You'd skip a family reunion to go watch the Steelers train up in Latrobe

You saved up all these years for your dream vacation, then spend the entire savings on a Steelers/Browns game

You have five T-shirts that says "Cleveland sucks"

You get Steeler fight songs stuck in your head

You consider The Wheels on the Bus a fight song

If the teacher at the local preschool doesn't teach The Wheels on the Bus, you accuse them of being a Browns fan

You've started calling people you don't like Seahawk fans or Browns fans

You own Steeler jerseys that they don't sell anymore (and you were born after '85)

When you meet out of towners, you only think of them by their football teams (ex: a person from New Orleans is automatically a saint fan, a person from Indy is a Colts fan... you get the idea)

You start comparing quarterbacks, whether or not they're Steelers, to Terry Bradshaw

You've tried to make a Brown's pinata, but couldn't for awhile because you didn't know what the heck a Brown was.

You then made a dog piniata instead of a Brown piniata, whatever a brown supposed to be

Church lets out early for Steeler games

You know the Four seasons: Preseason, football, playoffs, and offseason with nothing to do on Sundays

You own more than one Original Terrible Towel

When the Steelers are in the playoffs, the church crowd chants "Here we go Steelers, here we go!" on their way out.

Teachers cancelled classes after playoff games and the Super Bowl because they didn't want to deal with the hungover students that actually made it to class

that's all I can think of. Anybody got more?

This is a BIG time fact.

WardBus8636
06-04-2006, 08:45 PM
this is a great topic

WardBus8636
06-04-2006, 08:47 PM
:smile: this is a great topic:smile:

blackvelvet
06-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Just wondering, was a thread like this exsisting before I started my own?

I.C. Lights
06-07-2006, 10:18 PM
You know you're a Steelers fan if:

You start saying "yuns" while watching football
You've ever had P.O. Chili
You stash away Iron City for the game
When you hear "Green" you don't think of a color
You know what Bubby Brister is up to these days
You own a smoke house
The "Pennsylvania Polka" is your theme song
You get excited when you see Iowa football highlights
You cant resist writing "ers" on US Steel logos

blackvelvet
06-08-2006, 10:11 AM
You know you're a Steelers fan if:
The "Pennsylvania Polka" is your theme song

I was at my aunt's 50th annivesary party last year, where i had reletives I've never met from New England, Indiana, and Philly (wow. i never realized how weird that was, having family members from New England, Philly, Pittsburgh, and Indy). Anyway, the DJ says "Okay, so for you out of towners, Pittsburgh is famous for three things: One, the Steelers, Two, Heinz ketchup, and three, polka." then he starts playing th Pennsylvania polka, but without the fight song lyrics. I start singing the words, and my out of town reletives look at me like i'm some sort of weirdo. (i'm the weirdo. they're the out of towners who don't know anything) :dang:

blackvelvet
06-17-2006, 11:13 AM
I think we can add this now:

You shudder whenever you hear "Suzuki Hayabusa" and "motorcycle" in the same sentence.

SteelCityMan786
06-17-2006, 11:48 AM
When you use a lot of copisms
you think Maddox should have won 2 super bowls. 1 as a starter and one as he did as a backup before he started sucking
you do joey porter's grass kick when there is a sack
you mock opposing players dances just like Hines does.

blackngoldbaby
06-19-2006, 06:59 PM
id wear it in a minute!!!actually ive been looking 4 one.:bouncy:

Cap
06-25-2006, 06:04 PM
I agree; cool thread. I was only going to post a couple....I came up with more than that it looks like!! :sofunny:

You think your dog has to have a picture with a Terrible Towel wrapped around her chest!

You truly believe Myron Cope is a legend (and folks, he sure is THAT)

You have to have NFL Field Pass because you enjoy listening the radio broadcasts with Bill Hillgrove, Tunch Ilkin and Craig Wolfley better than the yo-yo's on TV

You listen to the archived games on Field Pass over and over and over again and never get tired of them :sofunny: (that would be me!!)

You think of the broadcast team as family (that would be me also.....I was laid off 31 months and I listened to the archived games and live games so much, I really DO think of them as family because they were "in" my home almost every evening!!) :bouncy:

You PROUDLY wear a Pittsburgh Steelers dog collar around your ankle year-round because you WANT people to know that you LOVE the Steelers! (that would be me also!! I have had it since 1996 and I will NOT take it off!!) :smile:

You live in Ohio and you don't give a DAM who knows that you're a Steeler's Fan and you make it a POINT to tell them that you are (that would be me!!) :bump:

HburgXL06
06-25-2006, 07:03 PM
When you threaten to kick the ass of a guy 3 times your size just because he said the "Steelers suck".

Did it. Super bowl party at my friends' apartment. A few drinks in around the 2nd quarter my one friend said, "Steelers suck, Go seahawks." I was down the hall and I charged him and knocked him back onto the couch and got pulled off by my friend and his roommate. It was nuts, I don't know where that came from.

BuFu

HometownGal
06-25-2006, 08:16 PM
There are some really good ones here - great work! :smile:

---You hum the Pah-la-ma-lu song in the shower almost daily.

---You refuse to have a surgical procedure because the O.R. insists that you take off your Steelers post earrings (which they can easily tape to your ears). I won that round!

---You proudly display your Steelers flag year round.

---Black and gold aren't colors - they are a blood type.

blackvelvet
06-26-2006, 01:36 PM
People are more concerened about the Steelers health than their own (like i said back in the hospital thread, when i was in the hospital, that's all anyone could talk about. Ben's knee and Batch's hand)

You have a shrine dedicated to the Steelers and have weekly animal sacrifices (if you're at the point where you make animal sacrifices, you seriously need help)

When your first grade class wrote "if you give a dinosaur a doughnut" (after we read "if you give a moose a muffin") , it somehow went from giving a dinosaur a doughnut to the dinosaur getting drafted by the Steelers

You spelled a Steelers' name or anyone else in the Steelers' franchise's name wrong in first grade, and never heard the end of it. (For God's sake! I spelt it Cohwer instead of Cowher! So sue me! I was six!)

blackvelvet
06-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Oh! and you love the Drew Carey Show, but you have a hard time understanding part of the theme song. (if you've never seen it, it goes, "Cleveland rocks, Cleveland rocks....")
Love the show. I just don't get the theme song.

Cap
06-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Oh! and you love the Drew Carey Show, but you have a hard time understanding part of the theme song. (if you've never seen it, it goes, "Cleveland rocks, Cleveland rocks....")
Love the show. I just don't get the theme song.

Being an Ohioian, I can explain that one easily. :smile: The song came out way before the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was erected BUT now when one hears that song, they immediately think of the Hall. I always liked that song. Don't ask me WHY....I can't answer it!! But I really have. Just one of those novelity songs that came out in the late
70's I believe it was. And this thought just came to me....it could have been connected to the days of the "Cardiac Kids" in Cleveland.

Is there anyone else in Ohio in here that can confirm this or give a better explanation? If so, that's fine. But that's my first guesses. :cool:

Hope that helps!

blackngoldbaby
06-28-2006, 06:56 PM
when the only kind of ketchup u buy is heinz ketchup.:blurp:

Stillers#1
06-28-2006, 08:00 PM
When you have a framed picture of Heinz field in your living room.

meanjoecoop
06-28-2006, 08:50 PM
I would prefer a smaller logo on the back of the bikini bottoms. I guess a Steelers logo on my butt wouldn't be cool, though, huh...(lol)?

Nah, just call'em buns of STEEL! :smile:

blackvelvet
06-29-2006, 08:58 AM

you mean there are other brands of kethchup? :huh:

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-29-2006, 01:38 PM
1) When you have empty "Steeler" Heinz bottles or rusty "Steelers" beer cans on display
2) When you yell the word "Steelers" and your 18 month old throws up his hands to signify a touchdown.
3) When you refuse to buy a pre-season football magazine because they dont have the Steelers winning the Superbowl.
4) When you question a persons patriotism, because he/she doesnt like the Steelers.
5) When you avoid the big cat exhibit at the zoo because it reminds you of the bengals...the aviary because of the ravens ...and refuse to mail through UPS because of the browns
6) When you want to make out like AT&T and "reach out and touch someone" whenever Madden starts his unintelligible rant on the the immaculate reception.

blackngoldbaby
06-29-2006, 01:55 PM
you mean there are other brands of kethchup? :huh:
LOL:bouncy:

kmsteelerwr15
06-29-2006, 03:29 PM
1) When you have empty "Steeler" Heinz bottles or rusty "Steelers" beer cans on display
2) When you yell the word "Steelers" and your 18 month old throws up his hands to signify a touchdown.
3) When you refuse to buy a pre-season football magazine because they dont have the Steelers winning the Superbowl.
4) When you question a persons patriotism, because he/she doesnt like the Steelers.
5) When you avoid the big cat exhibit at the zoo because it reminds you of the bengals...the aviary because of the ravens ...and refuse to mail through UPS because of the browns
6) When you want to make out like AT&T and "reach out and touch someone" whenever Madden starts his unintelligible rant on the the immaculate reception.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thats some funny stuff!!!!!! :sofunny:

blackvelvet
06-29-2006, 06:17 PM
When you refuse to buy a pre-season football magazine because they dont have the Steelers winning the Superbowl.

I picked up a preseason magazine in Borders the other day, and the first page said they still think Indy's going to be in the Super Bowl (as well as Carolina). Oh, and they had the Steelers 11-5. I refused to read the rest.

HburgXL06
06-29-2006, 06:45 PM

I remember once I opened my grandmom's fridge and she had a bottle of hunt's "catsup." I asked her why she bought it. She said she didn't know she just did. I went on for five minutes on how she should only buy Heinz "Ketchup" because it's a PA, Pittsburgh, and Steelers brand. My grandmom yelled at me for sassing her. Lol.

BuFu

floodcitygirl
06-29-2006, 07:38 PM
: 1) When you have empty "Steeler" Heinz bottles or rusty "Steelers" beer cans on display
6) When you want to make out like AT&T and "reach out and touch someone" whenever Madden starts his unintelligible rant on the the immaculate reception.:rofl: Sounds just like my family!

stlrtruck
07-08-2006, 10:59 PM
1 - When you find out your wife is pregnant, you inform her that the room will have Steelers paraphanelia on the walls and she starts thinking of what she can to coordinate the room in Black and Gold.

2 - The evening before the Super Bowl you tell your wife she can't have Starbucks coffee because it started in Seattle. She whines more about wanting the coffee and you tell her that if she wants the coffee, take off the Steelers shirt she's wearing (needless to say, she didn't get any coffee).

blackvelvet
07-09-2006, 03:19 PM
i just got back from hilton head yesterday with my family. one night we decided to go to this place called Nick's. They place was crowded, but we had nowhere else to go, so we decided to wait. we made our way to the restruant's bar, when I saw a football that had "steelers super bowl champs" engraved on it. I started getting excited. Later, I also saw a PA liscence plate that said "stillerfan" and a wall dedicated to Big Ben. My dad and i decided that the owner was probably a steeler fan. we get our table, and the waiter comes. my dad says "So, yinz guys got steaks a'nant?" the waiter looked scared and confused. We explained that we were from Pittsburgh, and my dad joked that we assumed that the owner was too and that the staff was trained to talk like Pittsburghers. (the owner was from Pittsburgh by the way.) when we got our food, we were disapointed that the ketchup wasn't hienz. it was some sort of ketchup made in houston.

steveironcity
07-09-2006, 08:30 PM
i just got back from hilton head yesterday with my family. one night we decided to go to this place called Nick's. They place was crowded, but we had nowhere else to go, so we decided to wait. we made our way to the restruant's bar, when I saw a football that had "steelers super bowl champs" engraved on it. I started getting excited. Later, I also saw a PA liscence plate that said "stillerfan" and a wall dedicated to Big Ben. My dad and i decided that the owner was probably a steeler fan. we get our table, and the waiter comes. my dad says "So, yinz guys got steaks a'nant?" the waiter looked scared and confused. We explained that we were from Pittsburgh, and my dad joked that we assumed that the owner was too and that the staff was trained to talk like Pittsburghers. (the owner was from Pittsburgh by the way.) when we got our food, we were disapointed that the ketchup wasn't heinz. it was some sort of ketchup made in houston.

Thats nothing but old fashoned communism!!!

blackvelvet
07-14-2006, 11:56 AM
You woke yourself up at 6:45 just so you wouldn't miss Ben's interveiw on Good Morning America (and 1) you didn't have to get up at that time 2) You usually don't get up at that time and/or 3) you're not a morning person)

bigbenrules4000
07-19-2006, 01:55 PM
How about this
You know your a Steeler Fan when
1.If you can spell Roethlisberger frontwards and backwards off the top of your head with out even thinking about it.(I can do this)
2. Everytime you see someone where anything for another team you look at them in disgust and think god what are they thinking they're in Steeler Country.
3. You are walking down the aisle in a store wearing your Ben jersey/Steeler jersey and some guy you don't even know holler "Go Steelers" at you. (This actually happen to me a Wal-mart last season before the Super Bowl)

siss
07-19-2006, 10:56 PM
You woke yourself up at 6:45 just so you wouldn't miss Ben's interveiw on Good Morning America (and 1) you didn't have to get up at that time 2) You usually don't get up at that time and/or 3) you're not a morning person)
*raises hand*
I did that!

bigbenrules4000
07-20-2006, 12:18 PM

I know I so did that to.

stlrtruck
07-21-2006, 11:20 AM
I know I so did that to.

Does it count if your 1 year old woke you up but you missed the interview?

blackvelvet
07-21-2006, 11:46 AM
3. You are walking down the aisle in a store wearing your Ben jersey/Steeler jersey and some guy you don't even know holler "Go Steelers" at you. (This actually happen to me a Wal-mart last season before the Super Bowl)

We did that when we were in Hilton Head and saw people wearing Steeler shirts.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-21-2006, 11:51 AM
We did that when we were in Hilton Head and saw people wearing Steeler shirts.

During the winter I have people stop me all the time and tell me they like my Steeler Coat...(as I have always said.."some people in Illinois like the Bears..others like football")

Lyn
07-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by bigbenrules4000

I tend to go home from work, change my clothes and all I have to wear are steeler clothes (actually all I WANT to wear works better here) LOL So any errands I do, anywhere I go I have my Steeler stuff on. Plus my car is pretty much Steeler so I have carried on the greatest conversations with fellow MI Steeler fans right in a parking lot.

Driving down the road they see my Steeler plate on the front and my Steeler license plate holder on the back plus I have a steeler logo on the driver side (the one on the passenger side got stolen when we came to the parade) .

I have literally followed cars that a small steeler logo on them. And I have met a ton of Steeler fans, I had no idea there were so many Steeler fans right here in my own town. In fact, I just met some people from Jacklson in Sam's this year. We all had our Steeler stuff on.

We are all Steeler famila!

memphissteelergirl
07-21-2006, 12:57 PM
When you're at your local Steeler bar and a fellow fan gives you a Terrible Towel as a gift and you feel like you just won the lottery...

(True Story, folks :smile: )

stlrtruck
07-21-2006, 02:10 PM
When you look at your collection of Steelers clothes, you realize that you could go almost a full month without having to wear a shirt twice!

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-21-2006, 03:16 PM
When you look at your collection of Steelers clothes, you realize that you could go almost a full month without having to wear a shirt twice!

...and you have at least one old "lucky shirt" that you have to hide for fear of "someone" wanting to throw it away...(let my guard down and lost my Rod Woodson Jersey...she thought the Kordell jersey she had got me would make up for it:dang: )

blackvelvet
07-21-2006, 04:36 PM
in second grade, my school had a milk mustache contest, and I was in the top 5. we could've chosen out anything, and one of them was a steeler shirt. i jumped on it before any of the other kids could get it, even though it was way too big for me. I still have it, and i still wear it on game days. My mom wanted to throw it out because after eight years it was starting to fade, but let me keep it as i had a bizare attachment to it.

Oh! that makes a good add on

you know you're a steelers fan when...

You have bizzare emotional attachments to any of your steeler stuff.

blackvelvet
07-21-2006, 04:48 PM
oh! and you grew up thinking the bengles were actually called the "bungles" by the entire NFL, not just Pittsburgh fans

stlrtruck
08-03-2006, 07:42 PM
When during the 2004-2005 playoffs your wife calls and tells you that her father needs to borrow your truck but you forbid switching vehicles because if your truck isn't parked outside O'Briens bar in Tampa the team you will lose!!!

ftlewisSteelersfan
08-17-2006, 12:36 AM
Well this is my second post.

you know your a steelers fan when:

Your outfit for driving into seattle is a steelers hat, superbowl t-shirt, and you steelers license plate.

memphissteelergirl
09-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Well this is my second post.

you know your a steelers fan when:

Your outfit for driving into seattle is a steelers hat, superbowl t-shirt, and you steelers license plate.

You win....:nw:

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-01-2006, 04:35 PM
You haven't missed watching a Steeler game in 14yrs. Thank you Direct TV

SteelersFire
09-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah, absolutely. All that and ...

When you're living in Raiders/49ers country and you walk, unabashed, into a local store wearing Palamalu's jersey and are accosted by about 15 people who sneer/scream/grumble at you about being a traitor and tell you to "go back east where they need you"

And I say ... get a life and be real because the Steelers Rule (and then don't run from the mob! LOL)