PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fever Power rankings

SteelKnight
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Rank your top 15 here.

I'm ready to do mine even without the Monday night game.

Here's My Top 15:

1. New Orleans -SB champs are still the team to beat. (no change)
2. GB - Holding their own. (no change)
3. New England - Tough facing the leagues number 1 D but they will recover. They still strike fear in opponents' hearts. (no change)
4. Indianapolis -I mentioned they would recover. (up one spot)
5. Houston -Can they continue to be consistent? (up one spot)
6. Pittsburgh - Amazing D. When Ben returns they will be unbelievable. (up one spot)
7. NY Jets -wow. Sanchez proved me wrong and when Santonio comes back, they should be great but can the offense be consistent? (up 5 spots)
8. Chargers - Nice recovery. (no change)
9. Baltimore - Offense sputtered two weeks in a row albeit against top defenses. If you want to be elite though, those are the teams to beat. (down 5 spots)
10. Minnesota -They will stay low until Sidney Rice returns and Farve can shake off the rust (three INTs this week). (no change)
11. Cincinnati -Made a statement in Baltimore (new to list)
12. Atlanta -Nice recovery but can they play like that against a good team? (up 3 spots)
13. NY Giants -To be a top team you must beat top teams (down two spots)
14. Cowboys -Paper isn't everything. They must execute. (down 5 spots)
15. Philadelphia - If they keep Vick starting, they may move up the list. (new to list) No need to get excited. It WAS Detroit.

Fell off the Top15 list:
Tenn, Seattle

tony hipchest
09-19-2010, 10:06 PM
the leagues #1 D is the steelers (not jets).

lionslicer
09-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Actually at the moment, the Titans defense is number 1. Steelers aren't even in the top 5.

Titans
Ravens
Giants
Packers
Fins

SteelKnight
09-20-2010, 04:07 PM
the leagues #1 D is the steelers (not jets).

Actually at the moment, the Titans defense is number 1. Steelers aren't even in the top 5.

Titans
Ravens
Giants
Packers
Fins

I see both of your points. I was giving the Jets proper credit because they were number 1 last year and have looked in top form this year.

We'll see by mid season.

On the Titans, they are only number 1 because they played the Raiders the first week then that sucky offense this past week...oh yeah...the Steelers.

Why don't you guys do your power rankings? It's fun to compare.

lionslicer
09-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I see both of your points. I was giving the Jets proper credit because they were number 1 last year and have looked in top form this year.

We'll see by mid season.

On the Titans, they are only number 1 because they played the Raiders the first week then that sucky offense this past week...oh yeah...the Steelers.

Why don't you guys do your power rankings? It's fun to compare.

Lol, I do agree the Jets have probably haev the true number 1 defense, they stopped Brady and company.
Steelers have showed some great defense, but its too early to judge for me, I want to see how they fair against the Saints.

I'd make a power ranking, but ehh, I'm a perfectionist so I keep changing it and then get frustrated.

ricardisimo
09-20-2010, 05:13 PM
I know it's only two weeks, but having teams that are 0-2 on a Top-15 list is still stretching it. And one of those teams (Dallas) is perennially over-rated. You have a chance to correct that and don't?

So, here's my first attempt at anything like this:
Steelers - I have difficulty seeing them anywhere else, especially given that Ben is back in three weeks.
Packers - They look good, and Clay Matthews is the real deal.
Saints - I'd rather rank them tonight than go out on a limb right now.
Texans - They beat two good teams with offense, and Cushing comes back after two more games, so...
Colts - It's difficult, even with injuries and age, to put them much lower than this.
Patriots - Ditto.
Falcons - They had the misfortune of playing us, otherwise they're 2-0 right now.
Eagles - They lost a close one to Green Bay. They should be starting Vick, though.
Dolphins - Beating the Vikes might not turn out to be all that hard... we'll see.
Ravens - Flacco may be having his sophomore slump a year late.
Jets - So long as Revis doesn't miss too much time.
Chargers - Norv Turner will once again pull them up in December. Why bother, though?
Redskins - I despise Snyder, but I like McNabb and respect Shanahan, so they wind up here.
Bears - Not a firm believer in Lovie or Cutler just yet, but they are undefeated.
Chiefs - I don't care if they are 2-0, this is as high as they go.

Steeler Fred
09-20-2010, 07:24 PM
No Tampa Bay? The Buccaneers are next on the radar.... don't wanna look past them.

SteelKnight
09-21-2010, 07:24 AM
I know it's only two weeks, but having teams that are 0-2 on a Top-15 list is still stretching it. And one of those teams (Dallas) is perennially over-rated. You have a chance to correct that and don't?

So, here's my first attempt at anything like this:
Steelers - I have difficulty seeing them anywhere else, especially given that Ben is back in three weeks.
Packers - They look good, and Clay Matthews is the real deal.
Saints - I'd rather rank them tonight than go out on a limb right now.
Texans - They beat two good teams with offense, and Cushing comes back after two more games, so...
Colts - It's difficult, even with injuries and age, to put them much lower than this.
Patriots - Ditto.
Falcons - They had the misfortune of playing us, otherwise they're 2-0 right now.
Eagles - They lost a close one to Green Bay. They should be starting Vick, though.
Dolphins - Beating the Vikes might not turn out to be all that hard... we'll see.
Ravens - Flacco may be having his sophomore slump a year late.
Jets - So long as Revis doesn't miss too much time.
Chargers - Norv Turner will once again pull them up in December. Why bother, though?
Redskins - I despise Snyder, but I like McNabb and respect Shanahan, so they wind up here.
Bears - Not a firm believer in Lovie or Cutler just yet, but they are undefeated.
Chiefs - I don't care if they are 2-0, this is as high as they go.

I'm not sold on the Chiefs, Dolphins, Redskins or Bears yet. If the Bears beat the Packers ...respect earned. If the Dolphins beat the Jets, respect earned.

I am tempted to put the Steelers as the best but I need to see Ben back and see how they handle the Red Zone. I do think we are going to the Superbowl this year.

By the way, here is the new Sporting News ranking: (Steelers 4th)
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2010-09/nfl-power-poll/story/nfl-power-poll-saints-stay-on-top-steelers-move-up-again

ricardisimo
09-21-2010, 02:04 PM
No Tampa Bay? The Buccaneers are next on the radar.... don't wanna look past them.
Uh,... no. I think Freeman will be a fine QB in a few years, but they are definitely still rebuilding. So are the Chiefs, of course, so I guess i have nothing but personal taste and instinct to base this on, but, uh,... no.

SteelKnight
09-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Uh,... no. I think Freeman will be a fine QB in a few years, but they are definitely still rebuilding. So are the Chiefs, of course, so I guess i have nothing but personal taste and instinct to base this on, but, uh,... no.

I sort of did my Power rankings with the idea "Will be the biggest force to reckon with come playoff times?" "Who is in position?" rather than "Who is most likely to win it all?"

Here is PFTs. I'm going to do a second one.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39286498/ns/sports-nfl/

SteelKnight
09-21-2010, 04:20 PM
OK.
Here is my updated ranking of who is most likely to win it all Power rankings? I think I will keep this format next week.

1. New England -They are still a beast to contend with on anyone's schedule. They instill fear whether excitement is with it or not. Bellicheck will find a way to whip them back into shape.
2. Pittsburgh - Awsome D and they should be hitting on all cylinders when Ben comes back. The Patriots are a nemesis. They will have to show they can soundly handle them. Two Super bowls ago they never had to face the Patriots. Last Superbowl, Brady was out for the season. They'll get their chance this year...perhaps twice.
3. New Orleans -Although they may look mediocre for a while without Bush, they should come through for the playoffs. They know how to finish games.
4. GB -Yes...they look good but they still have potential to choke. They definitely deserve this spot for now. Fortunately they do play the Jets and Patriots this year so we will see if they are for real before playoff time.
5. Indianapolis -If Manning's receivers can hold on to balls, they have a shot. They have the season to practice.
6. NY Jets -Wow. They showed they are for real. If the Edwards situation doesn't derail them, they should be formidable when Santonio returns.
7. Houston - Potential is unlimited but can they execute consitently?
8. Chargers -They will be in the playoff mix but probably won't make it to the end.
9. Baltimore - Offense sputtered two weeks in a row albeit against top defenses. If you want to be elite though, those are the teams to beat. The season will be a practice for them to work on gelling. Should they make the playoffs, they could be dangerous.
10. Minnesota - Too many are counting them out too soon. They almost beat Miami except for a fluke interception on the goal line then a sold stop by Miami within the 5. This is the offseason workout that Farve missed. Once Sidney Rice returns and Harvin starts playing, they should be contenders again...if Farve can shake off some rust.
11. Atlanta - They will require some fortune but tey have a chance to pull it off.
12. Philadelphia -Now with Vick named the starter, they should be more potent despite a suspect defense.
13. Cincinnatti- They have potential but they need more than that to win it all.
14. Cowboys - Never count out the paper team. One day, they may learn to execute. Houston should be a good test. Because they have potential to upset the Saints or Packers they deserve a spot. The question is "Will they make the playoffs?"
15. Chicago - The Packers will be a real test for them. Beat the pack and I'll move them up. Right now they hang on to the boat.

Edit was made because Vick was named starter of Phily.

SteelKnight
09-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Since I tink the Jets are for real now, the playoffs will be good.

My Six for the AFC include:

NE, Pitt, SD, Indy, Baltimore, Jets

It's amazing because the AFC is the real deal this year and Houston and Cin could both make a push. I think Miami, while formidable, will have trouble making it.

Every game counts. All the Steelers need is a ticket to the dance.

1.Pitts
2.NE

3.Indy
4.SD

5.Jets
6.Baltimore

Jets beat SD. Indy beats Baltimore.

1.Pitt vs. 5 Jets ...Pitt beats Jets
2.NE vs. 4 Indy ...NE beats Indy

Championsip 1. Pitt vs 2 NE at Heinz Field...I'll decide once I see how the Steelers Red Zone play is when Ben comes back.

SteelKnight
09-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I like my new format. My other ranking is more of a MOMENTUM/ Force ranking. It is more of a clout ranking whereas my new format is "who is most likely to win the Superbowl".

ricardisimo
09-21-2010, 05:35 PM
So, the Cowboys and Patriots both lost important games that will cost them in December, and you moved them up your list? I'm not sure what to say about that. I kind of thought for a while that you were taking this somewhat seriously. :noidea:

And if it really is a "who is most likely to win the Superbowl" list, then Dallas has no business on it at all, let alone moving up. Tony Romo will not be winning any championships.

SteelKnight
09-21-2010, 05:49 PM
So, the Cowboys and Patriots both lost important games that will cost them in December, and you moved them up your list? I'm not sure what to say about that. I kind of thought for a while that you were taking this somewhat seriously. :noidea:

And if it really is a "who is most likely to win the Superbowl" list, then Dallas has no business on it at all, let alone moving up. Tony Romo will not be winning any championships.

The Jets game was a tough game for NE but it will only make them more motivated when the second Jets/patriots game comes around. I think Welker got injured.

Dallas was in both those games. Two tough loses. They have paper potential. They are going to have to find a way to use the season to practice wile still making the playoffs. I do believe they can upset a GB or New Orleans. Fortunately GB is on their schedule. The Cowboys, should they make the playoffs, while won't be favored, can upset any of the NFC teams.

ricardisimo
09-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Like I said, I don't know what to tell you. New Orleans was in two tough games as well... and won them both. So the reigning champs ("SB champs are still the team to beat" as you yourself stated at the top here) win and move back two spots, despite having both "paper potential" and actuality?

Meanwhile, Dallas is almost certainly going to be bumped out of the playoffs (do the math: they won't win their division, and the NFC South alone is probably enough to bump them out of the Wildcard race) and yet you retain them on your Top-15. New England loses by two touchdowns (hardly a close game) to a division rival, and clearly has defensive issues if they are the ones to make Mark Sanchez look like the real deal... and they become your Number One?

I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing it. Green Bay, Steelers, New Orleans, Houston... any of them could be at the top. The Patriots?? As far as using their loss as motivation, why isn't Cleveland in contention? They've got twice as much motivation as the Pats.

tony hipchest
09-21-2010, 09:38 PM
i agree... patriots suck and tom brady is gay.

they just lost one of their most important cogs for the year- kevin faulk.

there is absolutely nothing that suggests they arent the playoff chokes we saw in january. it took moss 1 week to start bitching and whining and being a distraction.

:coffee:

SteelCityMom
09-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I think about the only thing many fear from the Pats*** right now is Brady's Beiber cut. They just don't look the same at all. Brady doesn't seem to have that fire in him right now....and the defense has been very suspect for a couple years, it's really starting to show now.

tony hipchest
09-21-2010, 09:54 PM
i hate to admit it, but that brady td toss to moss was an absolutely disgusting thing of beauty.

talking heads who attend their camps and practices, say they practice that all the time, and you will routinely see moss make that 1 handed grab 2-3 times all the time.

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Like I said, I don't know what to tell you. New Orleans was in two tough games as well... and won them both. So the reigning champs ("SB champs are still the team to beat" as you yourself stated at the top here) win and move back two spots, despite having both "paper potential" and actuality?

Meanwhile, Dallas is almost certainly going to be bumped out of the playoffs (do the math: they won't win their division, and the NFC South alone is probably enough to bump them out of the Wildcard race) and yet you retain them on your Top-15. New England loses by two touchdowns (hardly a close game) to a division rival, and clearly has defensive issues if they are the ones to make Mark Sanchez look like the real deal... and they become your Number One?

I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing it. Green Bay, Steelers, New Orleans, Houston... any of them could be at the top. The Patriots?? As far as using their loss as motivation, why isn't Cleveland in contention? They've got twice as much motivation as the Pats.

The Saints look beatable. They are still the team to beat in the NFC though. They are a good team.

The Pats' clout doesn't disappear after one game with the team that had the best defense last year. Of course they are no guarantee not to choke in January. Right now I'd put them at 50/50 and that's darn good. One of the main reasons they are number one is they have the second team's (Steelers) number with Brady. Even with a weak seconday, Belicheck will get them prepared for the playoffs. If Brady has to outscore teams, he will.

Yeah, I think about the only thing many fear from the Pats*** right now is Brady's Beiber cut. They just don't look the same at all. Brady doesn't seem to have that fire in him right now....and the defense has been very suspect for a couple years, it's really starting to show now.

The Patriots are a formidable opponent...every week. They have our number with Brady. Our two Superbowls...40...someone else took the Pats out for us. 43. Brady was injured for the year. We have a match up against them this year and will have a chance to show we are not scared and can dominate them. Maybe this year we go to the Superbowl by facing NE in the playoffs.

tony hipchest
09-22-2010, 12:56 AM
they didnt have our number... they had our signals.

you attribute SO much to brady, yet ignore their defense who is no longer there.

no law, seymore, harrison, vrabel, mcginnest, etc...

ricardisimo
09-22-2010, 03:32 AM
The Saints look beatable. They are still the team to beat in the NFC though. They are a good team.

Every team is beatable, including the unbeatable Patriots, as they proved three years ago... and again three days ago. Unlike the Saints, who are winning the games they are supposed to win, the Patriots lost by 14 to a mediocre Jets team.

The Pats' clout doesn't disappear after one game with the team that had the best defense last year. Of course they are no guarantee not to choke in January. Right now I'd put them at 50/50 and that's darn good. One of the main reasons they are number one is they have the second team's (Steelers) number with Brady. Even with a weak seconday, Belicheck will get them prepared for the playoffs. If Brady has to outscore teams, he will.

Evidently, their clout with you is not going anywhere. The Patriots have a good record against us, but so do the Bears. I don't think Jay Cutler "has our number." Belichick can get them prepared for the playoffs if he wants, but if I were him, I'd get them prepared for Buffalo.

The Patriots are a formidable opponent...every week. They have our number with Brady. Our two Superbowls...40...someone else took the Pats out for us. 43. Brady was injured for the year. We have a match up against them this year and will have a chance to show we are not scared and can dominate them. Maybe this year we go to the Superbowl by facing NE in the playoffs.

They are indeed a good team, but they are clearly and demonstrably not the best team in the league right now, by any metric you choose. And as far as other teams taking them out for us - no. In 2005 they squeaked out a regular season victory against a very young Ben Roethlisberger, and in 2008 we spanked them 33-10. If what you mean is that only the playoffs matter, first they have to get there, and that's not guaranteed given how their D is playing. Second they lost both of the years you cited in the playoffs, and who cares if it was to us or not?

It seems to me that what this all comes down to is that they frighten you personally, but given last year's results, I'd be more afraid of the sh!tty teams like the Browns, Chiefs and Raiders than I would the Cheats. And besides, it's a moot point - we're the best team in the league right now.

None of which explains your fascination with the Cowboys. What's up with that? What's this "paper" fetish you've got, and what does it matter if they suck and lose just like they always do? Why are they on your list, and how the hell did you move them up? By what calculus do you figure they even make the playoffs? I'm not seeing it.

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 03:05 PM
they didnt have our number... they had our signals.

you attribute SO much to brady, yet ignore their defense who is no longer there.

no law, seymore, harrison, vrabel, mcginnest, etc...

I hope you are right. I remember our defense having trouble stopping them. They took advantage of short passes (a weakness of ours) but had good YAC. Welker should be able to do this again. Maybe we have better tackling now. They also could hit us deep.

We owe him something from that 2007 game where Anthony Smith ran his mouth. He grinned at us after the game.

I'm not counting the victory against Cassell.

I can't wait for the match up this year. I'm excited and a little nervous at the same time. We have to come out and hit them in the mouth for the monkey to be off our backs. You must admit this Tony.

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Every team is beatable, including the unbeatable Patriots, as they proved three years ago... and again three days ago. Unlike the Saints, who are winning the games they are supposed to win, the Patriots lost by 14 to a mediocre Jets team.

Evidently, their clout with you is not going anywhere. The Patriots have a good record against us, but so do the Bears. I don't think Jay Cutler "has our number." Belichick can get them prepared for the playoffs if he wants, but if I were him, I'd get them prepared for Buffalo.

They are indeed a good team, but they are clearly and demonstrably not the best team in the league right now, by any metric you choose. And as far as other teams taking them out for us - no. In 2005 they squeaked out a regular season victory against a very young Ben Roethlisberger, and in 2008 we spanked them 33-10. If what you mean is that only the playoffs matter, first they have to get there, and that's not guaranteed given how their D is playing. Second they lost both of the years you cited in the playoffs, and who cares if it was to us or not?

It seems to me that what this all comes down to is that they frighten you personally, but given last year's results, I'd be more afraid of the sh!tty teams like the Browns, Chiefs and Raiders than I would the Cheats. And besides, it's a moot point - we're the best team in the league right now.

None of which explains your fascination with the Cowboys. What's up with that? What's this "paper" fetish you've got, and what does it matter if they suck and lose just like they always do? Why are they on your list, and how the hell did you move them up? By what calculus do you figure they even make the playoffs? I'm not seeing it.

The Patriots are always the real deal. I'm not counting the 2008 battle against Cassell. Be fair. Right now we have to say the Brady Patriots have owned us. We have a chance to make that right this year. You ave selectively chosen games. Why not go back and look at all the games Brady has played against us? I think you'll see he owns us. Give credit were it's due.

Did you even watch the Patriots/Jets game? It wasn't a blowout. The 14 points are misleading. They are still formidable and I'd rather play the Jets if I were forced to choose a playoff opponent.

When you say the Patriots only scare me, you are being unrealistic. You can't twist reality. Any team that sees the Patriots on their schedule knows they have a tough and formidable week coming up and they will probably (but not definitely) lose. Look...I'm a Steeler fan just like you and Tony. I just refuse to look at the past through rose colored glasses and make excuses, not give proper respect and credit etc. Calling Brady gay does not make him a worse player. To me it strikes of jealousy. We don't go around calling meaningless players gay right? That means we don't have anything else to say. It's not my style. He is not overrated. He is one of the top 3 QB. I put Ben at 4.

On the Cowboys, I'm not fascinated with them. They are a talented team that has trouble executing. Now that I've been able to watch the Cowboys bears game on NFL replay, I've seen both games. The talent is there. They made several costly mistakes...not all Romo's fault...balls bouncing off receivers hands for PICK, dropped passes, missed field goals, fumbles. He had some inaccurate throws but he also had some that were right on the money. I think they could upset any of the NFC teams on any given Sunday (including Saints and Packers). I must admit, it will be hard for them to make the playoffs. They will need to step up and win big games against their division opponents...but should they make the playoffs, don't count them out.

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 03:57 PM
OK...Here are the facts...and before you decide to twist things keep in mind Tomlin on NFL Network "No excuses, no explanations."

Tom Brady is 5 and 1 as a Starter against the Steelers (3 of them at Heinz, 2 AFC Championships).

It is true he got hurt in the second quarter of the 2001 season AFC championship game but he was already winning before that...if you bring that up, it will reek of desperation.

In addition, even though one of you tries to blame the beat downs on the great defense, they had no trouble putting points on the board in their wins 24, 30, 41, 23, 34.

W 2001 AFC Championship at Heinz (24-17)
W 2002 30-14 at Gillete (spanking)
2003-did not play
L 2004 20-34 at Heinz
W 2004 AFC Championship at Heinz 41-27 (spanking)
W 2005 23-20 at Heinz
2006-did not play
W 2007 34-13 at Gillete (spanking)
2008-Brady out for year
2009-Did not play

I'm not going to waste my time arguing if you two won't be realistic.

MasterOfPuppets
09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
http://ui06.gamespot.com/1573/patriotscheaters_2.jpg

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 04:45 PM
http://ui06.gamespot.com/1573/patriotscheaters_2.jpg

LOL

Well this year, our turf will be the time to settle the score...put up or shut up. They are the one team that makes me have reservation about us going to the Super Bowl this year.

SteelCityMom
09-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Brady is an excellent QB...I'll never deny that. But make no mistake, their defense is nothing of what it used to be, and a good bit of the offense is slipping as well. Yes, they are tough to play and opposing teams certainly would never overlook them on their schedule...but from a fans perspective, they are not as "scary" as they used to be.

LayOffTheDopeTanard
09-22-2010, 07:00 PM
1. New Orleans Saints (2-0) - Defending champs and are still undefeated. Until they lose, I am going to keep them at #1.

2. Green Bay Packers (2-0) - Aaron Rodgers and the offense continues to shine and Clay Matthews looks to be making a run at DPOY.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0) - Defense has been straight up nasty and they have been winning without Big Ben which is pretty impressve.

4. Houston Texans (2-0) - Their offense is probably the best int he NFL and I think they are for real this season. Just need a little bit of help on the defensive side of the ball.

5. Indianapolis Colts (1-1) - After a dissapointing week 1, the Colts came on strong and destroyed the Giants in week 2. Don't know why people were actually worried about this team after the loss in week 1.

6. Baltimore Ravens (1-1) - They've got an excellent defense, but their offense really needs to step it up. Joe Flacco has been awful in the first 2 games.

7. Miami Dolphins (2-0) - I think the Dolphins are flying under the radar and were very underrated coming into this season. Their D played excellent against the Vikings, forcing many key turnovers, and their offense did enough to win. Their next 2 games with the Jets and Patriots should help us see how good they really are.

8. New York Jets (1-1) - Their defense is insane and Mark Sanchez looked much better against the Patriots than he did in week 1 vs. the Ravens. If he can continue to play like that, the Jets will be very hard to beat.

9. New England Patriots (1-1) - After an impressive win against the Bengals in week 1, the Patriots fell flat against the Jets. Their secondary needs a lot of work.

10. Cincinatti Bengals (1-1) - Bengals had a huge win against the Ravens after a week 1 loss to New England. They didn't want to start the season off 0-2. Make that 8 straight division wins for them.

11. San Diego Chargers (1-1) - Came out strong and destroyed the Jags after a dissapointing loss on MNF. I think the Chargers will be fine.

12. Atlanta Falcons (1-1) - After their offense got shut down by the Steelers in week, they came out firing against the Cardinals and put up 41 points in an impressive win.

13. Tennessee Titans (1-1) - Defense looks solid, but their offense looked terrible on Sunday. It was, however to their credit, the Steelers defense.

14. Washington Redskins (1-1) - Almost beat an impressive Texans team and should of, but Kubiak's icing the kicker routine worked out. Tough loss for the Redskins.

15. Chicago Bears (2-0) - Wasn't expecting them to start off 2-0, but Jay Cutler has looked really good and has this offense on track.

16. Dallas Cowboys (0-2) - Starting off on a terrible note. Coaching has been very poor and they have lost their first 2 games. I think the Cowboys will soon get on track though. They have too much talent.

17. Philadelphia Eagles (1-1) - Vick looked great, but too bad the Eagles are going to stick with Kolb. Their defense needs some work. Jahvid Best had a field day on them and they beat the Lions by only 3 points.

18. New York Giants (1-1) - Played like complete crap against the Colts and both sides of the ball looked lost. They need some work.

19. Minnesota Vikings (0-2) - Without Rice, this team is really struggling. Favre is looking like his oldself throwing INT's all over the place and his receivers aren't helping him out much at all either. Defense looks decent, but it isn't good enough to win them games.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-0) - Defense looks excellent and Josh Freeman is taking some big strides. Don't know if the winning will continue next week against Pittsburgh, but I love the direction this team is headed in.

21. Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) - Defense looks pretty good, but their offense needs some work. I'm not liking what I am seeing from Cassell and they need to give Charles some more touches.

22. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) - Looked decent week 1 against the Broncos, but the Chargers killed them in week 2. Which Jaguars team is the real one?

23. Denver Broncos (1-1) - I liked what I saw from them on Sunday. Defense played solid and Kyle Orton was very impressive as they beat up on the Seahawks.

24. Seattle Seahawks (1-1) - After a convincing win in week 1, the Seahawks played like crap aginst the Broncos in week 2. Just like the Jaguars, which Seahawks team is the real one?

25. San Fransisco 49ers (0-2) - The 49ers made the MNF game a lot better of a game than most people were expecting. The 49ers offense looked good for the most part, but costly turnovers ruined the game for them. Looked much better than they did in week 1 though.

26. Oakland Raiders(1-1) - Defense looked a lot better this week against the Rams, and the offense started to get things going. McFadden had a great game and Gradkowski looked decent.

27. Arizona Cardinals (1-1) - After barely getting by the Rams, the Cardinals got destroyed by the Falcons. This team is crap without Kurt Warner.

28. Carolina Panthers (0-2) - Matt Moore played so bad that he had to be taken out of the game and be replaced with rookie QB Jimmy Clausen. We'll see how this change goes for them next week.

29. Detroit Lions (0-2) - Lions were almost able to squeak out a win against the Eagles, but fell short. Their offense looks good, but their defense still needs some work. Jahvid Best is going to be a special player for them.

30. Cleveland Browns (0-2) - Defense doesn't look bad, but their offense can't seem to get anything going.

31. St. Louis Rams (0-2) - Bradford looked solid again against the Raiders. I think the Rams are headed in the right directions.

32. Buffalo Bills (0-2) - Packers beat up on the Bills pretty bad. The Bills need a lot of work. Chan Gailey announced that Ryan Fitzpatrick will now start instead of Trent Edwards. I don't think that will help much.

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Brady is an excellent QB...I'll never deny that. But make no mistake, their defense is nothing of what it used to be, and a good bit of the offense is slipping as well. Yes, they are tough to play and opposing teams certainly would never overlook them on their schedule...but from a fans perspective, they are not as "scary" as they used to be.

Thanks for being honest. In the regular season, I am not really nervous because I like the excitement of the challenge. If it were an important, end of season game that we needed to win, I would be nervous.

In the playoffs, YES...I would be scared and I would not feel comfortable until I saw the clock hit zero. I would not wish to play them before the championship game.

I know their secondary is weakening but Bellicheck just finds a way to get things done. Our offense hasn't shown to be a juggernaut that can take advantage of that as of yet. Maybe if we can win this year soundly, it will boost my confidence. lol

On their offense slipping, as long as they have Brady, Welker and Moss, they are still a threat every single drive.

Why couldn't we get someone like Welker? Because we only want bottom basement freeagents. I appreciate the philosophy of "freeagents from within...blah blah" but every once in a while, we should keep our eye out for special pieces to help the team. It's no sin. If we can get a top free agent OL next year, we should do it.

ricardisimo
09-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Brady is a great QB, and the pass to Moss last week made my wee-wee feel funny, and I had to watch it over and over again... truly a thing of beauty. But the Lions had a similarly beautiful play with a similarly great receiver.

None of this matters. We're not talking about Brady. We're talking about the Patriots, and they really should not be inspiring fear in the top half of the league any longer. They haven't had a running game in years, and their defense is close to non-existent. Brady and Moss will have to put up 30 or 40 every week if they are to make the playoffs. I just don't see that happening.

You never really answered how these two teams can lose and move up. Why did the Browns and Lions not move up your list?

SteelKnight
09-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Brady is a great QB, and the pass to Moss last week made my wee-wee feel funny, and I had to watch it over and over again... truly a thing of beauty. But the Lions had a similarly beautiful play with a similarly great receiver.

None of this matters. We're not talking about Brady. We're talking about the Patriots, and they really should not be inspiring fear in the top half of the league any longer. They haven't had a running game in years, and their defense is close to non-existent. Brady and Moss will have to put up 30 or 40 every week if they are to make the playoffs. I just don't see that happening.

You never really answered how these two teams can lose and move up. Why did the Browns and Lions not move up your list?

Sometimes a team can move up with a loss if the teams above them do worse but in the case of the patriots, what happened was I decided to redo how I was doing my power rankings to reflect the team most likely to win the Superbowl.

On my other ranking scheme, the patriots did not move. It had something to do with how the teams around them played. W isn't everything.

I'll be surprised if the Patriots don't make the playoffs.