PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network OTL

ZoneBlitzer
09-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Devoted fan of the NFL network here...watch it all the time.

I just have to say their coverage of the Steelers Titans game is woefully off the mark.

First off, their highlight package was brutal. It missed the point entirely. There were many shifts in momentum as well as punishing play by the defenses, especially Pittsburgh who was on the road.

Their take on it was that Tennessee was just completely inept all day. This is just not the case and they have to give the Steelers some credit, don't they?

Moron Deion was all over the fact that VY was pulled. First off, he clearly did not watch the game. He missed the fact that the Steeler D basically sat on the Titans offense all day long. They also failed to mention the stoning of CJ for like 34 yards.

It made me wish for Warren Sapp to be on the panel. At least as a down in the trenches kind of guy might of picked up on the fact that the defense laid a beat down on the Tennessee offense in their own park.

Anyhow, all in all, it was the worst coverage ever of a very grueling and punishing game.

MikeHaullace
09-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I can certainly appreciate where you are coming from but, honestly... how can you expect otherwise?

i think it was more of a save-face type move as most of the 'experts' going into this game had a double-dip of VY and CJ sausage-in-the-mouth.

I don't watch NFL Network with any regularity anymore but I can attest they certainly like to protect their 'darlings' and their inept pre-game assessment and speculation.

case in point, watch this : http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81aa14e3/Can-the-Steelers-contain-the-Titans

CJ's balls can be seen on duke's chin starting around 2:00.

Don't get sucked in, ZB and keep the noise level down. We're still under the radar. ;^)

stb_steeler
09-19-2010, 11:35 PM
What do you expect from a network that rides the cryboys wagon every year and thinks their goin to the SB. I can tell you this, Rich, Deon never cared for the Steelers. The only one on there that ever shows any respect for the Steelers is Mooch!

lionslicer
09-19-2010, 11:39 PM
What do you expect from a network that rides the cryboys wagon every year and thinks their goin to the SB. I can tell you this, Rich, Deon never cared for the Steelers. The only one on there that ever shows any respect for the Steelers is Mooch!

What about Woodson, I don't remember too many times he actually went against the Steelers.
I hate Deon personally, as a player he was like Chris Johnson, he only cared about himself and about the money, so when he analyses plays and games, he's very bias towards the teams people like Johnson and Ocho and Revis are on.

stb_steeler
09-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Woodson not so much, i was referring to game day on nfl net. Though Woodson has gone against the Steelers a few times, but he doesnt trash talk about them.

stb_steeler
09-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I havent really cared for nfl net since they put those 2 :sissies: Deon & Irvin on the set.

OX1947
09-19-2010, 11:55 PM
It amazes me how a great channel can not only have so many douche bags like Deion Sanders and Rich Eisen on it, but continue to add more douche baggery with the likes of Michael Irvin.

If I were the NFL, I would get Berman and Tom Jackson over there at any price. Ditch that twreep Eisen and for the love of God get rid of ebonicons neon moron sanders and lose the crack head in a suit Irvin.

.24lockdown
09-20-2010, 12:14 AM
Close to the end of the first half they were talking about how the Fisher and the Titans D were stopping the Steelers run-game and all this crap, and then the numbers came up
Rush yds
Steelers-63
Titans-20/30somethin
And he was like yeah see they only have 63 yards...i was like wtf?

Then again i could be mistaken cuz the Steelers sports bar i go to always has the volume really low :noidea:

Merchant
09-20-2010, 12:21 AM
I can't believe they didnt even show the Triple Team sack.. that was godly

cubanstogie
09-20-2010, 12:31 AM
only reason I watch is for highlights. Analysis very poor IMO. Mooch is best but I thought he was off mark when talking about Vick today. I don't see how Vick doesn't start. Deion was right, its not like Kolb won the job by holding a clipboard for years. Vick should play until he doesn't produce.

ZoneBlitzer
09-20-2010, 01:03 AM
I can't believe they didnt even show the Triple Team sack.. that was godly

It WAS godly....good word.

I thought it was like something from the movie 300 for a second... ;)

BigRick
09-20-2010, 01:18 AM
I havent really cared for nfl net since they put those 2 :sissies: Deon & Irvin on the set.

Ditto for me. Can't stand either one of those guys.:tt03:

joeyssteelcurtain
09-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Yea i hate the NFL network they suck big time

colescott1
09-20-2010, 07:28 AM
On the NFL Gameday morning, I only got a chance to watch for about 10 minutes, and it had Michael Irvin on there saying that Vince Young was now an ELITE QB. (And how well he deals with adversity now that hes matured, etc).

I wish they'd have a segment where they would have to go back and explain themselves...roll the tape of them blowing smoke, and then answering to how god- awfully wrong they were after the game. Now THAT would be something to watch.

Steeldude
09-20-2010, 09:51 AM
deion sanders was whining about young being benched because young is a black QB.

Spinlcrack
09-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Close to the end of the first half they were talking about how the Fisher and the Titans D were stopping the Steelers run-game and all this crap, and then the numbers came up
Rush yds
Steelers-63
Titans-20/30somethin
And he was like yeah see they only have 63 yards...i was like wtf?

Then again i could be mistaken cuz the Steelers sports bar i go to always has the volume really low :noidea:

Yeah, that was on the broadcast, not NFL Network, but I was like , seriously? The announcers were horrible. And I have yet to see Troys dive over the line.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Its apparent Jeff Fisher is not a big Vince Young fan since he didn't want him starting last year anyway. I think its something about a QB being able to spell his name correctly or finding the stadium regularly without getting lost.

Sanders is a douchbag, Young sucked on Sunday, if he thought otherwise he should stop smoking Irvins dope backstage. The NFL should drug test their announcers anyway, lol

LVSteelersfan
09-20-2010, 11:49 AM
I will give Jamie Dukes some credit. He was fighting with Warren Sapp or someone on gameday morning saying the Titans will go nowhere with Vince Young at QB. I agree with him 100% Young is a joke but he is defended like crazy by the likes of Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders. He might go home and not come out for a couple weeks after the beating the Steelers D put on him. And Chris Johnson just kept sitting on the bench and shaking his head like he was having an epileptic fit after the beating they put on him. Screw your consecutive 100 yard game record. The Steelers D is built to take those records away. They slobber all over Vick too because he had one good game. He will disappoint just like always if they make him the starter because he can't pass the ball worth snot.

Steeldude
09-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Its apparent Jeff Fisher is not a big Vince Young fan since he didn't want him starting last year anyway. I think its something about a QB being able to spell his name correctly or finding the stadium regularly without getting lost.

Sanders is a douchbag, Young sucked on Sunday, if he thought otherwise he should stop smoking Irvins dope backstage. The NFL should drug test their announcers anyway, lol

fisher and chow didn't even want young. the owner pulled the trigger on that failed draft pick

Goat27
09-21-2010, 09:26 PM
I like how Jamie Dukes told Tom Waddle that since Big Snack was out expect Chris Jonhson to go for 90+, lol......

lionslicer
09-21-2010, 10:50 PM
deion sanders was whining about young being benched because young is a black QB.

NFL network has gone down hill since they got Deion and got rid of Terrel Davis. Or he quit, idk, I really liked him, he was really well spoken and didn't blame anything on race lol.
Well not the whole network, NFL totall access, which on gameday takes up the bulk of the network, everything else is NFL films stuff. Which is still awesome, but when I want current NFL news, I'd like to hear it without Deion ruining it in someway.

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 05:51 AM
What about Woodson, I don't remember too many times he actually went against the Steelers.
I hate Deon personally, as a player he was like Chris Johnson, he only cared about himself and about the money, so when he analyses plays and games, he's very bias towards the teams people like Johnson and Ocho and Revis are on.

I like Dion. I think he is one of the best shut down corners of all time if not the best.

Sure he wanted his money but who can blame him? By the way, they get paid much more these days (Back then 5 mill/year was considered huge). A lot of players are like that but they just let their agents do the talking. He was confident to go to new teams and still play well wherever he went.

I think he is a nice and funny guy and I like his ****iness because he was able to back it up. I find he tries hard to be understanding of players situations. He's a stand up guy and he adds flavor to the show by saying what is on his mind and saying it in an outlandish way.

Each person has their own opinion...not trying to convince you but I wanted to offer some support for a different perspective.

Spinlcrack
09-22-2010, 12:19 PM
They are giving props to the D on Playbook right now. They talk about gameplanning for Troy. Tenn didn't do a very good job of planning for Troy, never mind James, Lawrence or anyone else for that matter.

:drink:

stb_steeler
09-22-2010, 09:45 PM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/bill.jpg

Life after CBS :thumbsup: