PDA

View Full Version : NFL DELAYS WAIVER

pittsburgh$teelersfan
03-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Well the nfl delays the cuts waiver deadline to 11:30ET.Down here in Memphis TN for me it is 10:30.Oh boy the nfl is going down majorly as we know it pittsburgh steelers fan.:dang: :redface:

Atlanta Dan
03-05-2006, 09:24 PM
I believe the delay until 11:30 was a bone Upshaw threw to the agents to allow the agents to make a last ditch effort to keep their clients from cutting cut by further restructuring of current contracts. CBA negotiations appear to be done for the night.

What will be interesting now is that if you are a FA, do you sign with someone immediately to get your cut of a smaller pool of FA $$ or do you hold back waiting to see if something still gets worked out? It is not as if no CBA tonight means no CBA cannot be worked out after the FA period starts at midnight.

For the Steelers, my bet is either Hartings or Okobi get released.

tony hipchest
03-05-2006, 09:44 PM
I believe the delay until 11:30 was a bone Upshaw threw to the agents to allow the agents to make a last ditch effort to keep their clients from cutting cut by further restructuring of current contracts. CBA negotiations appear to be done for the night.

What will be interesting now is that if you are a FA, do you sign with someone immediately to get your cut of a smaller pool of FA $$ or do you hold back waiting to see if something still gets worked out? It is not as if no CBA tonight means no CBA cannot be worked out after the FA period starts at midnight.

For the Steelers, my bet is either Hartings or Okobi get released.

this sucks. up to this point it seemed like both could be kept for another year. center is definitely a position where youre better safe than sorry especially with the steelers. its kinda like the head coaches with the steelers. webster, dermonti, and hartings in the last 30 years or so. only 2 head coaches in the same span.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2006, 10:44 PM
well its past 1130 EST time now..and nothing new..

This sux all kinds of ass !!!

BigDude66687
03-05-2006, 10:53 PM
NFL Free Agency Postponed another 72 hours......................................

bigbensgirl7
03-05-2006, 11:02 PM
From KFFL...
NFL | Free agency pushed back again
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:09:40 -0800

ESPNews reports the start of free agency has been pushed back one more time. This time, it has been moved to Thursday, March 9, and will begin at 12:01 a.m. EST.

NFL | Tagliabue to take latest proposal to league owners
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:18:34 -0800

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports there will not be any further talks between the NFL Players Association and the NFL. However, NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue has agreed to take the latest proposal from the NFL Players Association and present it to the owners. It is believed the NFL owners will meet and vote on the proposal Tuesday, March 7.

NFL | Salary cap compliance deadline moved again
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:22:27 -0800

ESPN reports the deadline for all NFL teams to be in salary cap compliance for the 2006 season is now 9 p.m. ET Wednesday, March 8

pittsburgh$teelersfan
03-05-2006, 11:08 PM
oh man we just going to check all doing the week.We will know something late thursday or friday maybe another week if they postponed it again man this sux.

bigbensgirl7
03-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Yes it does and I have to say I don't have much faith that a deal will get done either. This has been going on too long and I really don't think they have really come close to making it work.

DIESELMAN
03-06-2006, 03:11 AM
Harold Henderson, the NFL?s executive vice president for labor relations, told the AP the union rejected a proposal that would have added $577 million for players in 2006 compared to 2005 and $1.5 billion in the six years of the extension. ?It?s an unfortunate situation for the players, the fans and the league,? Henderson said.