PDA

View Full Version : Huge hits on CJ

ZoneBlitzer
09-20-2010, 02:12 AM
There were a couple throughout the game. Does anyone have clips of these? I didn't get a good look at 320 x 240...

fer522
09-20-2010, 04:33 PM
i was watching it and i got hurt thats how bad it was

StainlessStill
09-20-2010, 04:35 PM
There was one during maybe the 3rd QRT to where a VERY TIMID C.J got the ball and nervously skipped to the line of scrimmage, obviously avoiding ALL contact as possible when James Farrior comes out of nowhere, wraps him up slams and then digs him into the ground like a pitchfork. Johnson got up saying "uncle."

stb_steeler
09-20-2010, 04:40 PM
There was one during maybe the 3rd QRT to where a VERY TIMID C.J got the ball and nervously skipped to the line of scrimmage, obviously avoiding ALL contact as possible when James Farrior comes out of nowhere, wraps him up slams and then digs him into the ground like a pitchfork. Johnson got up saying "uncle."

You could tell he took a shot, he was bent over in the huddle. :tt02:

kiuaswarrior
09-20-2010, 05:14 PM
You could tell Johnson was a little timid carrying the ball in the game -- this made me very happy.

cloppbeast
09-20-2010, 05:39 PM
I wonder if the huge hits had something to do with Johnson waiving the ball in Polamalu's face when scoring a touchdown in their '08 matchup. I know the Steelers are normally a hard hitting bunch, but it seemed like they put a little something extra in on CJ.

I'm glad. I hate that ****y sumbitch.

LVSteelersfan
09-20-2010, 06:05 PM
The Steelers knocked the ****iness right out of him and took away his chance at an NFL record. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I hope it screws Vince and CJ up for the rest of the year as they will hear footsteps coming up on them in their sleep. It was fantastic.

ETL
09-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Steelers gave the NFL the blueprint on how to stop him. Whether the other teams can execute that blueprint is another matter

I think Timmons is the key. Many teams have fast defenders that can tackle Johnson but not punish him when they do. They also have big players who could punish him but can't catch him to do so. Timmons can do both.

fer522
09-20-2010, 09:00 PM
The Steelers knocked the ****iness right out of him and took away his chance at an NFL record. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I hope it screws Vince and CJ up for the rest of the year as they will hear footsteps coming up on them in their sleep. It was fantastic.

ditto :wave:
:tt03:

Fire Arians
09-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Steelers gave the NFL the blueprint on how to stop him. Whether the other teams can execute that blueprint is another matter

I think Timmons is the key. Many teams have fast defenders that can tackle Johnson but not punish him when they do. They also have big players who could punish him but can't catch him to do so. Timmons can do both.

timmons might possibly be one of the most athletically gifted middle linebackers in the league. just that combination of speed and size, he's just a scary dude. even scarier that he's only 24 and still has many years ahead of him

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 09:37 PM
i think CJ is still a bit concussed. l. woodley sent out this little twitter message to polamalu, clark, mundy, ward and CJ-

RT @LaMarrWoodley: @chrisjohnson28 @ryanclark25 @tpolamalu @mundy_steelers @mvp86hinesward i dont remember the TITANS because we clashed the TITANS lol

CJ's response?- [yall aint dat good mark my word

https://twitter.com/LaMarrWoodley

Fire Arians
09-20-2010, 09:47 PM
i think CJ is still a bit concussed. l. woodley sent out this little twitter message to polamalu, clark, mundy, ward and CJ-

RT @LaMarrWoodley: @chrisjohnson28 @ryanclark25 @tpolamalu @mundy_steelers @mvp86hinesward i dont remember the TITANS because we clashed the TITANS lol

lol @ CJ, if they aint that good how come they shut your asses down?

SteelCityMom
09-20-2010, 10:10 PM

Lol...I saw that. CJ is an f-in butthurt moron. It's like someone stole his candy on the playground and he waited until they ran away with it to say something back.

What a pu.ssy.