PDA

View Full Version : Parity at last?

ricardisimo
09-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Two weeks in and there are only seven undefeated teams? That's pretty crazy, don't you think?

SteelCityMom
09-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Yeah, and a lot of them are teams that you wouldn't expect to be undefeated. There is a TON of parity going on this year so far. Even the Lions (even though they are 0-2...thank you refs) look like they could go out there and kick anyone's ass each week so far.

Speaking of the Lions...how much must it suck to be a Lions fan and know how close you are to 2-0 (or atleast 1-1) and just have it snatched away from you. That's got to be the unluckiest team in history.

lionslicer
09-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Very few teams, usually like half the league is 2-0

ricardisimo
09-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Yeah, and a lot of them are teams that you wouldn't expect to be undefeated. There is a TON of parity going on this year so far. Even the Lions (even though they are 0-2...thank you refs) look like they could go out there and kick anyone's ass each week so far.

Speaking of the Lions...how much must it suck to be a Lions fan and know how close you are to 2-0 (or atleast 1-1) and just have it snatched away from you. That's got to be the unluckiest team in history.
No, that would be the Browns. Cleveland makes its luck, and it's all bad.

ricardisimo
09-23-2010, 10:15 PM
I obviously posted before the NO game, so there are actually 8 teams at 2-0, not seven. However, by late Monday night there will be a maximum of six undefeateds, and very likely only four, I think. In week three. That's pretty amazing.:scratchchin:

Shea
09-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Personally, I think the teams that are 0-2 right now are a more interesting subject.

Especially Minny and the Cowboys. The Vikes should get a win this weekend against Detroit but the Cowboys got the Texans who have to be hyped and confident.

Starting off 0-3 for either is pretty much playoff suicide for two teams that a lot of people picked to be in the Super Bowl.

ricardisimo
09-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Minnesota strikes me as a team that was already preparing for the Superbowl. Dallas is just losing early this year, instead of late.

I find it interesting that we are considered a surprise at 2-0, but not Miami. Why is that?

ricardisimo
09-27-2010, 12:23 AM
Wow. Barring a tie, after tomorrow's game, there will be only three undefeated teams left in the NFL after three weeks.

I don't know about you folks, but I am floored by that. It's particularly sweet that one of the three is the Stillers.