PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers have weathered the storm

steelerchad
09-20-2010, 08:39 AM
At 2-0 the Steelers have already accomplished what they needed to during Ben's suspension. They needed at least a 2-2 start and they got it. With the rest of the division all having a loss at the very worst they can be no more than 1 game out when Ben returns. This team will be a factor in the playoff race come December.

The rest of the NFL should be taking notice, because this D looks dominant. If the O gets fixed with Ben's return, the Steelers will be a tough out for any team.

StillerzFreak
09-20-2010, 12:42 PM
I agree! Couldn't be more happy with the start, especially in the division. I hoped for at least a 2-2 start and that has already been accomplished, now skies the limit. Bucs although are 2-0, should be a win if our defense and special teams keep playing the way they are and the Ravens haven't looked good in their first 2 games(10-9 win against the Jets, 10-15 loss to the Bungals). 4-0 is not out of the question by any means, but our offense needs to produce and sustain some drives.

DoubleYoi
09-20-2010, 03:28 PM
I agree! Couldn't be more happy with the start, especially in the division. I hoped for at least a 2-2 start and that has already been accomplished, now skies the limit. Bucs although are 2-0, should be a win if our defense and special teams keep playing the way they are and the Ravens haven't looked good in their first 2 games(10-9 win against the Jets, 10-15 loss to the Bungals). 4-0 is not out of the question by any means, but our offense needs to produce and sustain some drives.

Ravens D hasn't given up a TD yet which means our anemic offense will have a tougher time against them than they did against Atlanta and Tennessee. Hopefully Leftwich is re-signed, healthy and the playbook opens up a bit more against the Bucs. It's kind of insane to think we are 2-0 while hardly being able to complete a pass more than 10 yards downfield. Don't get me wrong, Dixon has done well at managing the game while he was in there but Leftwich would be a breath of fresh air to me since he has the confidence and arm strenght to deliver a ball on the money 30 yards downfield.

Atlanta Dan
09-20-2010, 03:35 PM
The passing game is even worse than I expected - Ben presumably will change that

Agreed under any circumstances there will be something to play for when #7 returns, especially since the new and improved Ravens offense has a lot more new than improved

Like Vegas I had the Steelers 0-2 at this point - since I had Tampa as the one pre-Ben return win they probably will lose that game :chuckle:

With a 2-0 start I will be seriously pi**ed off if this team is anything less than 3-1 at the break

zulater
09-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Oh I hope that's not how the Steelers are looking at it. Sure recipe for a letdown. We need to go full throttle into Tampa and get that 3-0.:tt04: