PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Tampa Bay

Swashbuckler
09-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Some of you will get to know me over the next few days, some may not. I gotta say though, it's nice to be around knowledgeable , die-hard football fans again. And no worries, I'm not going to spend my entire time here to making your lives as miserable as possible like I did the Panthers fans. I got it in for them like you all do Cleveland. I DO welcome a jest here and there because after all, is football not a game of pride? And those 2 rings since 2006 deserves a lot of respect. You have certainly have mine.

I'm looking forward to talking some football and I'm looking forward to the game! Gimme a shout Steeler Nation!

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 09:20 AM
And no worries, I'm not going to spend my entire time here to making your lives as miserable as possible like I did the Panthers fans. !

:chuckle: its all good. welcome to steelersfever.

bucs fans have made a great showing here so far and its only monday.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Yup, come on over. I'm still not gonna feel too boastful with maybe Charlie Batch starting and some injuries piling up.

If the Steelers dont score on defense or special teams, they arent gonna put much on the board this week either. I was hopeful for a 2-2 start, but with that already secure......anything else is gravy.

Fire Arians
09-20-2010, 10:19 AM
welcome. won't be taking your bucs for granted, they look much improved this year. should be a tough game

that and our offense couldn't score with paris hilton

SteelCityMom
09-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Welcome aboard! Like Tony said, Bucs fans have shown up well so far...glad to have as many here as want to come over to enjoy the upcoming game with us.

I too was just hoping for 2-2 while Ben was out, and now that that is accomplished I can sit back and relax a little. Ok that's a lie, come game time I'll probably be as worked up as ever lol.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to the game. I don't get to watch a lot of Bucs games, so its great to hear about what our team will have to prepare for from the opposing teams fans.

Here's to a good game Sunday! :drink:

LVSteelersfan
09-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Sorry, but the Steelers defense is going to stomp your young QB into submission. He has never seen a defense like this one. Whether the Steeler's offense can score is a whole nother thing. So I make no predictions on who will win. But be very scared that your QB will make it through the game in one piece. They made Matt Ryan and Vince Young both look like scared high school kids.

Swashbuckler
09-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Sorry, but the Steelers defense is going to stomp your young QB into submission. He has never seen a defense like this one. Whether the Steeler's offense can score is a whole nother thing. So I make no predictions on who will win. But be very scared that your QB will make it through the game in one piece. They made Matt Ryan and Vince Young both look like scared high school kids.

Agreed, it's gonna probably come down to a game of field goals for us... if you even let us get that far. I'm still confident that this game is winnable for my Bucs. With Ben on your offense I give us a snowball's chance in hell against you guys. I figure you guys win like 20-7 or 20-3. With him out I imagine we match up A LOT better, at least offensively. And call me nuts but I believe we can still win the game but it would probably be something like 10-7. I said to the Panthers fans, "It's not about us being a better football team, it's that you lost your QB, your new one has a concussion and your best player is now playing for the Bears.. thereby our team is better matched against you." You guys have the defense but with Ben out... there's still some hope for us.

I don't expect much running out of us because your d-line will probably manhandle our o-line all day and I know Cadillac is gonna get stomped like a ****roach on the brand new tile floor. Josh Freeman is gonna have to win this for us. Can he do it? I'll give him a vote of confidence because he somehow finds ways to win and he has won the improbable games for us before. No offense to you guys but I trust him a hell of a lot more than Charlie Batch or whoever it is you'll be playing. It'll be an ugly win for sure if we get it. But then again you have to take those wins and win those games when your opponent is at such a major disadvantage. The odds are probably 70:30 in favor of the Steelers, but of course that's what all the talking heads at ESPN gave us to beat Cleveland and Carolina. Both are 0-2.

But Cleveland at 0-2? What's the surprise there? HIYO!

acaton
09-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Another Tampa fan here greetings to the Steeler fans! Born in Ohio grew up a Bengals fan (I know I know) but escaped to Florida in 85' and became a Bucs fan after Culverhouse.

Looks to be a good game next Sunday...may it be injury free.

Good luck to ya.

Buc Bradshaw
09-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Greetings Steeler Fans and fellow Buc Fans,

2nd post. Just dropped to show support for Swashy's post. Bet you thought it was Terry Bradshaw. Shows what you know. All kidding aside, It's simply to get the Buc name in there in addition to recognizing your teams history. That Bradshaw guy sure had a habit of turning my TV screen Black and Yellow at playoff time back in the day.

I have a funny feeling your D will leave our boys a lttle bruised up. It's a good thing they have the bye for Game 4 to recover. Any team can beat any team on any given day. We'll see what happens

Here's to a good game , no injuries.

Go Bucs

BlackAndGold4Ever
09-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Greetings, should be another defensive game in the hot weather

steelerschik
09-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Greetings Steeler Fans and fellow Buc Fans,

2nd post. Just dropped to show support for Swashy's post. Bet you thought it was Terry Bradshaw. Shows what you know. All kidding aside, It's simply to get the Buc name in there in addition to recognizing your teams history. That Bradshaw guy sure had a habit of turning my TV screen Black and Yellow at playoff time back in the day.

I have a funny feeling your D will leave our boys a lttle bruised up. It's a good thing they have the bye for Game 4 to recover. Any team can beat any team on any given day. We'll see what happens

Here's to a good game , no injuries.

Go Bucs

Welcome Bucs fan!! You guys sure are a cordial bunch, aren't ya? You know, ever since the Tony Dungy days, I've kinda had a soft spot for Tampa. Congrats on being 2-0, it's gotta be exciting for you guys, huh? I'm amazed myself the Steelers are 2-0 cause I really am keeping my expectations low. Our O is anemic to put it mildly (ok, they suck right now), but thank God for our D. I don't know how the game will play out on Sunday, but here's to a good game with no injuries and win or lose, your fans have certainly earned my respect. Here's to Sunday and looking to chatting with ya some more and hopefully learn more about your team. :tt:

SteelCityMom
09-20-2010, 01:39 PM
You guys only like us cause Tomlin helped win you a SB! :chuckle:

Incognito
09-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Hello Steelers fans. Another Bucs fan here.

My thoughts on this week's game...

Pittsburgh's D is top notch... and you guys are certainly gonna put Josh Freeman to the test. We're already without a running game... so you don't have to even worry about that.

Our offense (passing) has been good... and our D is really on point. We have the better team right now. Your offense is in trouble right now with Big Ben out... and thats why I'm glad we're playing against you at this point in time. If your team was complete, I'd have serious doubts about a Tampa victory... but right now I'm feeling pretty confident.

That said, heres to a fun, injury free game for both sides.

LukesDad88
09-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Between both offenses and both defenses, this could end 2-0.

Steeler Fred
09-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Wow. Steelers are 2 - 0 and the Bucs are 2 - 0. Superbowl preview? Never say never.

However, Steelers opponents were a bit different....:chuckle:

Welcome to the classy Bucs fans..

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Our offense (passing) has been good... and our D is really on point. We have the better team right now. Your offense is in trouble right now with Big Ben out... .

well we are getting leftwich back and at this stage of their respective careers i would say josh and byron are about on equal ground.

i call it a wash.

but lets get down to business.... how do you figure the bucs are the better team?

our defense is a superbowl winning unit, with the best safety, the best corps of linebackers, and probably the best DL rotation in the league. aaron smith is probably the leagues most underrated player. theres not a free safety in the league i would trade for ryan clark, and i would gladly keep our cb's over talib and barber.

as for offense, i take mendenhall over any TB back, and our TE is the best all around and most complete TE in the game. i dont think the buc's #1 wr would make our top 3.

just for good measure, id say our kicker and punter are better as well.

so in summation, your starting qb is a little bit better than our back up and thats about it.

oh, and welcome. :wave:

Incognito
09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
at this stage of their respective careers i would say josh and byron are about on equal ground.

Wait... what?

I hope that was a failed attempt at humor or something.

:drink:

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Wait... what?

I hope that was a failed attempt at humor or something.

:drink:one good joke deserves another.

We have the better team right now.

:chuckle:

Fire Arians
09-20-2010, 08:30 PM
We have the better team right now.

whoa easy there buddy, let's not get ahead of ourselves now. I know you're excited about the bucs being 2-0 and they look like a decent squad.. but i'm sure our linebacking corps alone has more pro bowlers than your entire team has. your offense won't beat us. if you guys win, it will have to be through a defensive score or special teams. with that said, i will agree that without ben we probably won't score on offense unless the D sets us up good. whoever's defense and ST makes more plays will win the game.

hows the bucs rushing D btw? if you guys let mendenhall have a 100 yd game your chances of winning go to nil

MasterOfPuppets
09-20-2010, 08:57 PM
freeman has thrown more pics than TD's in his short career. 14 / 18.

Incognito
09-20-2010, 09:03 PM
freeman has thrown more pics than TD's in his short career. 14 / 18.

This year its 4/1.

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 09:04 PM
freeman has thrown more pics than TD's in his short career. 14 / 18.easy with the facts their bud.

the bucs havent seen a qb with this much promise since trent dilfer and shaun king.

MasterOfPuppets
09-20-2010, 09:09 PM
This year its 4/1.
so he's "arrived" huh ? :popcorn:

Incognito
09-20-2010, 09:14 PM
so he's "arrived" huh ? :popcorn:

I wouldn't go that far BUT...

He's much improved this year.

He's moving in the right direction to be our franchise QB.

MasterOfPuppets
09-20-2010, 09:19 PM

i wouldn't read to much into beating the clowns and carolina .... both will most likely be drafting in the top 10 next year.

Incognito
09-20-2010, 09:23 PM
i wouldn't read to much into beating the clowns and carolina .... both will most likely be drafting in the top 10 next year.

So will the Steelers if Ben keeps raping people and Troy keeps getting hurt. :flap:

LVSteelersfan
09-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Don't want to burst your bubble there buddy, but Vince Young and Matt Ryan are far better quarterbacks than Freeman any day of the week. The Steelers D harassed them to no end the first two games. Freeman is in for a shock because I seriously doubt he has any clue how to read the zone blitz defense that Lebeau is going to throw at him. He is going to be in for a miserable day. Write it down now.

Incognito
09-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Don't want to burst your bubble there buddy, but Vince Young and Matt Ryan are far better quarterbacks than Freeman any day of the week. The Steelers D harassed them to no end the first two games. Freeman is in for a shock because I seriously doubt he has any clue how to read the zone blitz defense that Lebeau is going to throw at him. He is going to be in for a miserable day. Write it down now.

I won't "write it down" per say... but I WILL save this post for after the game... and when Freeman repeatedly scores on your Steelers, I'll enjoy watching you eat crow.

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 10:06 PM
So will the Steelers if Ben keeps raping people and Troy keeps getting hurt. :flap:

now see, that would almost be funny and some good smack talk except the steelers have only drafted in the top 10 three times since bradshaw was taken #1 overall in 1970.

so what that means is that in the last 40 drafts, the steelers have twice as many lombardi trophies as top 10 picks.

:sofunny: thats great. (steelers will be drafting 25th-32nd this year )

Fire Arians
09-20-2010, 10:11 PM
I won't "write it down" per say... but I WILL save this post for after the game... and when Freeman repeatedly scores on your Steelers, I'll be enjoy watching you eat crow.

yeah, cause freeman is the 2nd coming of joe montana.

Incognito
09-20-2010, 10:12 PM
yeah, cause freeman is the 2nd coming of joe montana.

He's better than you think.

I'm just thankful that we're not coming to this game with Byron Leftovers at the helm.

Fire Arians
09-20-2010, 10:13 PM

i didn't say he sucks, but not even peyton manning is going to score easily on our D

tbayfan
09-20-2010, 10:14 PM
i didn't say he sucks, but not even peyton manning is going to score easily on our D

Another Bucs fan in the house. How is everybody in steelersville. Looking forward to the game sunday and expect a great show no matter the turnout. Whats the latest on your quarterback?
Ours is getting a lot of comparisons to Roth

MasterOfPuppets
09-20-2010, 10:17 PM
in the 4+ years i've been on this board, i don't recall ever seeing a bucs fan here.... its funny how having a 2, not followed by a double digit number brings em out ....:toofunny:

there's less TB fan sightings on record than there are bigfoot sightings.

Incognito
09-20-2010, 10:21 PM
in the 4+ years i've been on this board, i don't recall ever seeing a bucs fan here.... its funny how having a 2, not followed by a double digit number brings em out ....:toofunny:

Whats funny is the fact that the steelers were defeated by the Browns last year. :toofunny:

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 10:23 PM
I won't "write it down" per say... but I WILL save this post for after the game... and when Freeman repeatedly scores on your Steelers, I'll enjoy watching you eat crow.

where do people "save" posts?

freemans not bad. i would definitely say the bucs got their franchise guy and shouldnt give up on him. it was a good move to throw him into the fire as opposed to trying to win games with leftwich last year.

the bucs should feel good going into this game. recent steelers history says the team wont even practice against an unexperienced, untested young player.

we have had fits with the likes of 1st or 2nd year players leinart, cutler, clement, gradkowski, whoever was the dickstick who qb'd the browns last year, etc...

its classic lebeau defense. completely shut down the run. put the game in the inexperienced qb's hands, play prevent defense, and dare him to dink and dunk for 40-45 throws while waiting for him to make a mistake.

however this year seems different (especially with ben out, having troy and smith back, and getting burnt with that philosophy in 3 of 5 games last year).

expect lots of pressure. james harrison cannot be stopped (not legally anyways).

Fire Arians
09-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Another Bucs fan in the house. How is everybody in steelersville. Looking forward to the game sunday and expect a great show no matter the turnout. Whats the latest on your quarterback?
Ours is getting a lot of comparisons to Roth

dixon's out 3-5 weeks, meniscus tear. batch will most likely start, or leftwich if he's good to go, but from a knee sprain, i doubt it

Fire Arians
09-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Whats funny is the fact that the steelers were defeated by the Browns last year. :toofunny:

in hindsight that is funny, but this ain't last year :tt02:

tbayfan
09-20-2010, 10:24 PM

I am glad that we could add some excitment for you after 4 years. 2-0 is a pretty good start for sure, but 3-0 sounds better. It should be a good one down in old Tampa Bay.

Incognito
09-20-2010, 10:25 PM
where do people "save" posts?

Bookmarks. :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
09-20-2010, 10:26 PM
thats the law of averages ... you can't win em all....we bitch slapped em twice a year for 10 straight years. ... even a broken clock is right twice a day.

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Whats funny is the fact that the steelers were defeated by the Browns last year. :toofunny:they beat us this one other time, too.

Bookmarks. :thumbsup: do people really do that? bookmark posts? :nerd:

Incognito
09-20-2010, 10:38 PM
do people really do that? bookmark posts? :nerd:

Well yes. If you want to be able to easily find it later.

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 10:42 PM
you wont wanna find it later. :hunch:

just razzing you bro.

lets talk some football and find out why you think the bucs are the better team right now.

you really wouldnt trade your wr's/TE or LB corps for ours? you dont like polamalu?

Incognito
09-20-2010, 11:00 PM
you wont wanna find it later. :hunch:

just razzing you bro.

lets talk some football and find out why you think the bucs are the better team right now.

you really wouldnt trade your wr's/TE or LB corps for ours? you dont like polamalu?

Why do I think we're the better team right now? The QB is a very important part of the team... and thats where you guys are hurting right now. Playing a good D just puts salt in the wound.

No I wouldn't trade for your WRs.

Don't know much about your TEs

Your LBs are good. I might trade for them.

Yes Polamalu AND his hair is awesome.

StainlessStill
09-20-2010, 11:13 PM

Oh boy, if you're going by that logic and are expecting that same team from last year going into Sunday then you will be sadly mistaken and very, very, very dissapointed. You guys lost to Buffalo, who wasn't that far away from being worse than Cleveland, and you also went on your way to a whopping 3 win season. This isn't 2009 now is it ;)

Freeman might have upside and could be a sleeper QB to rise up in his later years, but LeBeau versus a 2nd year QB? I don't think it's even a close comparison. It's actually as big of a mis-match that ever presents itself. Freeman might be able to handle a Cleveland Browns or Carolina Panthers bad-mediocre at best defense's, but all of this talk about the Steelers falling into a trap, we might be talking about a back down to reality game for Tampa Bay.

MikeHaullace
09-20-2010, 11:17 PM

I'm just thankful that we're not coming to this game with Byron Leftovers at the helm.

I'm thankful that we'll be playing 75% of our games with Big Ben and Big D.

Speaking of D...

No way Freeman does anything meaningful against this defense. When reality sets in for you about halfway through the 2nd quarter, you'll see that the kid won't know what to do with what is being thrown at him. He'll probably come out of the game pulling a Vince Young " They did some things that I havenít seen before."

This defense, when healthy, is special. This has taken *years* of building and development. There's nothing special about your offense, or Freeman's ability/talent for that matter. (other than the obvious "he's a pro QB" retort)

I, for one, look forward to your post-game appearance... Or lack there-of.

Oh yeah. Welcome to the board. :tt03:

SteelCityMom
09-20-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm going to move this to the Blast Furnace...have at it y'all.

P.S. The Steelers LB's are going to kick the shit out of Freeman and Co. on Sunday...be sure of that. Supposedly Matt Ryan and VY were going to wreck the Steelers with their wily passing games and hardcore running backs...that shit didn't work out so well for them either.

If the Bucs win this game it will be on TO's and TO's only. Mark that shit down.

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Why do I think we're the better team right now? The QB is a very important part of the team... and thats where you guys are hurting right now. Playing a good D just puts salt in the wound.

No I wouldn't trade for your WRs.

Yes Polamalu AND his hair is awesome.

really? here are your "receivers"-

Kellen Winslow 8 115 14.4 40 0 oops... nope... a TE
Mike Williams 7 84 12.0 35 2
Earnest Graham 6 41 6.8 14 1 oops .... nope... isnt he the FB?
Cadillac Williams 3 31 10.3 20 0 oops... nope.... a running back with 3 catches
Micheal Spurlock 2 49 24.5 33 1
Sammie Stroughter 2 32 16.0 18 0
Jerramy Stevens 1 8 oops... nope... another TE

you wouldnt take hines and wallace??? :wtf:

Don't know much about your TEs our tight end is called heath miller.

we know plenty about your tight ends... soljah kenivel makes ben riding around on a motorcycle w/o a helmet look like childs play. joey porter punked bitch ass stevens the last time we played him in SB XL.

Your LBs are good. I might trade for them.

you "might" huh? :rofl:

yeah, they are half way decent unless you have an aversion with pro bowlers and defensive MVP's.

mendenhall >>> cadillac

willie parker >>> cadillac

StainlessStill
09-20-2010, 11:32 PM

P.S. The Steelers LB's are going to kick the shit out of Freeman and Co. on Sunday...be sure of that. Supposedly Matt Ryan and VY were going to wreck the Steelers with their wily passing games and hardcore running backs...that shit didn't work out so well for them either.

If the Bucs with this game it will be on TO's and TO's only. Mark that shit down.

Exactly. Atlanta was supposedly going to score more than 30 points on us in an "easy win" and Tennessee's Vince Young and Chris Johnson was supposed to be a two headed monster that would send the Steelers into the fetal position on their way to a route. We all know how that turned out.

I'm sure we've ALL watched the Steelers for quite some time now. We've always been a defensive run city and been in the top 5 in defense since I could possibly remember. With that said, THIS is the stingiest I've EVER seen them play thus far and we are going to get punk'd by a 2nd year QB who hasn't even won 10 games yet?

There's a point to where you can only take so much with the dis-respect from people not aware of how we do things. I get that Tampa Bay fans are excited from their fast start, but they will clearly be out-classed by the Steelers team this Sunday, who returns mostly ALL of the same players from their recent decade 2 Super Bowl victories. What does Tampa Bay return?

This could be an intriguing matchup and if we can't get anything going on offense, then I expect the Bucs to be in it for sure, but if we so happen to be clicking on offense just a tad then I don't see how Tampa can keep up talent wise for 4 qrts.

SteelCityMom
09-20-2010, 11:33 PM
I'll probably join this board to talk some friendly smack soon, but I found this interesting.

Although that defense has played lights out the first 2 weeks.. How long can it be able to sustain that with their pathetic passing game?

http://buccaneersterritory.com/forums/now-face-pittsburgh-t283-20.html

The whole season baby. The whole season. The Steelers offense pretty much blew in '08 WITH Ben, yet they still won the SB.

Don't underestimate the power of this defense. It is game changing. I know, I know...that may sound lame and cliche and all...but it's fvcking true too. Ask any Steelers fan, and they will tell you, they haven't seen a defense as fierce as this since the '70s. That includes the defense that pretty much led the Steelers to the SB in '08.

They are pissed. They want to tear QB's apart. They are coming after Freeman next.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1149336/steelers-crush-vy-o.gif

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 11:34 PM
real talk here...

i would trade nick eason for g. mccoy (but none of our starters).

i would trade spaeth for winslow.

i would trade any of our 3 back up qb's for josh.

i would probably trade el or battle for mike williams.

im sure i could cherry pick an OL or 2 off of your team.

thats about it.

Swashbuckler
09-20-2010, 11:36 PM

Why would there be many of us here or even any of us at all? We play you guys about as often as Cleveland wins (HIYO!!). The only more random combination I can possibly think of would be a Texans fan on the Seattle board. And plus we're showing up because we have a game coming up. It should be a dandy.

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 11:36 PM

If the Bucs with this game it will be on TO's and TO's only. Mark that shit down.

i say leave it. it is a good welcome thread, and its pretty much football talk right now. nobody is being uncivil or really talking any trash.

Swashbuckler
09-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I'll probably join this board to talk some friendly smack soon, but I found this interesting.

The whole season baby. The whole season. The Steelers offense pretty much blew in '08 WITH Ben, yet they still won the SB.

Don't underestimate the power of this defense. It is game changing. I know, I know...that may sound lame and cliche and all...but it's fvcking true too. Ask any Steelers fan, and they will tell you, they haven't seen a defense as fierce as this since the '70s. That includes the defense that pretty much led the Steelers to the SB in '08.

They are pissed. They want to tear QB's apart. They are coming after Freeman next.

Ahhh "The defense! The defense! The defense!!!" cry out the Steeler faithful. It's gonna be a hard game for my Bucs to win. No doubt about it. But if we can hold a much more talented Carolina team (albeit with Matt Moore) to 7 points (and even then, they scored because of an all out blitz) without breaking a sweat then I don't imagine you all doing much better, especially with Ben out of the lineup. You just said it yourself, you guys right now are like the Bucs teams of the late 90's... your best offense is your defense. And I mean this literally. Unless one of your boys makes a house call for 6 points, I don't see you all scoring any more than field goals.

I've changed the score up probably close to half a dozen times now but I'm convinced the score will be 9-6 and all we will see is field goals.

StainlessStill
09-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Ahhh "The defense! The defense! The defense!!!" cry out the Steeler faithful. It's gonna be a hard game for my Bucs to win. No doubt about it. But if we can hold a much more talented Carolina team (albeit with Matt Moore) to 7 points (and even then, they scored because of an all out blitz) without breaking a sweat then I don't imagine you all doing much better, especially with Ben out of the lineup. You just said it yourself,, you guys right now are like the Bucs teams of the late 90's... your best offense is your defense. And I mean this literally. Unless one of your boys makes a house call for 6 points, I don't see you all scoring any more than field goals.

I've changed the score up probably close to half a dozen times now but I'm convinced the score will be 9-6 and all we will see is field goals.

I really don't think you understand the kind of nightmare your offense will be going up against. The 90's Bucs D was good and so was their D overall in 2002. Still, this Steelers defense thus far puts them to shame. You guys looked good against Cleveland and looked better against Carolina, but we are a far battle cry from those two teams. We do things WAY differently and Mr. Freeman might find that out all the way to the bench.

Like I said in another post:

Atlanta was supposedly going to score more than 30 points on us in an "easy win" and Tennessee's Vince Young and Chris Johnson was supposed to be a two headed monster that would send the Steelers into the fetal position on their way to a route. We all know how that turned out.

I'm sure we've ALL watched the Steelers for quite some time now. We've always been a defensive run city and been in the top 5 in defense since I could possibly remember. With that said, THIS is the stingiest I've EVER seen them play thus far and we are going to get punk'd by a 2nd year QB who hasn't even won 10 games yet?

There's a point to where you can only take so much with the dis-respect from people not aware of how we do things. I get that Tampa Bay fans are excited from their fast start, but they will clearly be out-classed by the Steelers team this Sunday, who returns mostly ALL of the same players from their recent decade 2 Super Bowl victories. What does Tampa Bay return?

This could be an intriguing matchup and if we can't get anything going on offense, then I expect the Bucs to be in it for sure, but if we so happen to be clicking on offense just a tad then I don't see how Tampa can keep up talent wise for 4 qrts. We will shutdown any kind of running game you have to offer, and I don't see Freeman getting the better of our defense with his arm with the complexity of schemes we'll throw at him.

SteelCityMom
i say leave it. it is a good welcome thread, and its pretty much football talk right now. nobody is being uncivil or really talking any trash.

No, but I can feel it coming. And I want to talk some shit. :chuckle:

If you want to move it back, that's cool...I just felt it heading in that direction. I kind of gave it a little push too lol.

MikeHaullace
... Looking forward to the game sunday and expect a great show no matter the turnout. ... Ours is getting a lot of comparisons to Roth

Welcome to the board.

I too expect a great show. Good to see two defensive teams go head to head.

About that QB statement... As a Steelers fan, once he rips off 10-11 in a row or knocks down half a dozen 4th quarter comeback wins, I would say hold off on comparing the QBs on anything other than their size.

Marino had it. Montana had it. Elway had it. Favre even had it. B Rape has 'it'. Not sure Freeman has it. :tt03:

SteelCityMom
09-20-2010, 11:52 PM
much more talented Carolina team

I'm sorry...I almost stopped right there. That shit is funny as hell. Much more talented Carolina team? Really? That's just hilarious.

You just said it yourself, you guys right now are like the Bucs teams of the late 90's... your best offense is your defense. And I mean this literally. Unless one of your boys makes a house call for 6 points, I don't see you all scoring any more than field goals.

Except for OT against the Falcons, we haven't scored an offensive TD yet. FG's seem to have worked fine so far. Our D has kept the other teams offense in check pretty damn well. If one of our DB's or LB's goes for 6, you can pretty much call the game at that point.

This is quite possible. Not likely though. I'll admit, the Bucs have a chance at winning this game....they are going to have to be damn patient and stingy on offense though. One mistake could literally cost them the game.

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2010, 12:06 AM
this reminds me of when the confident 6-0 bronco fans came storming over last year thumping their chests....... they never came back :huh:

Swashbuckler
09-21-2010, 12:06 AM
I really don't think you understand the kind of nightmare your offense will be going up against. Like I said in another post:

Atlanta was supposedly going to score more than 30 points on us in an "easy win" and Tennessee's Vince Young and Chris Johnson was supposed to be a two headed monster that would send the Steelers into the fetal position on their way to a route. We all know how that turned out.

This could be an intriguing matchup and if we can't get anything going on offense, then I expect the Bucs to be in it for sure, but if we so happen to be clicking on offense just a tad then I don't see how Tampa can keep up talent wise for 4 qrts.

I haven't missed any of these facts. Nor am I disrespecting the defense you all have. Trust me, I know about great defenses. But don't become spoiled by its greatness and turn a blind eye as to the fact that your offense may start costing you games soon. Sorry Stainless but I'm not exactly in awe of the fact that your offense against the Titans came almost strictly from your kicker. Were it not for your kick return for a TD you guys win that game by only a single point. I don't expect us to do any better seeing as we don't have anyone of the caliber of Chris Johnson on our side, but I'm still going to believe regardless. Like I said, unless your defense puts up points for your offense, you MIGHT be in trouble. Do you really expect the defense to bail you out every game? It works for a while like it is now but then it eventually comes back to haunt you like it did my Bucs so many times in the Dungy years. I'm sure you know that though.

Is it Sunday yet?

MikeHaullace
09-21-2010, 12:11 AM

Hey!

Watch it now, buddy.

The last person that made that joke got Harrislammed.

http://i.imgur.com/TcefO.jpg

You should take that back while you still have a chance.

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2010, 12:13 AM
I haven't missed any of these facts. Nor am I disrespecting the defense you all have. Trust me, I know about great defenses. But don't become spoiled by its greatness and turn a blind eye as to the fact that your offense may start costing you games soon. Sorry Stainless but I'm not exactly in awe of the fact that your offense against the Titans came almost strictly from your kicker. Were it not for your kick return for a TD you guys win that game by only a single point. I don't expect us to do any better seeing as we don't have anyone of the caliber of Chris Johnson on our side, but I'm still going to believe regardless. Like I said, unless your defense puts up points for your offense, you MIGHT be in trouble. Do you really expect the defense to bail you out every game? It works for a while like it is now but then it eventually comes back to haunt you like it did my Bucs so many times in the Dungy years. I'm sure you know that though.

Is it Sunday yet?
dude we're just riding the wave till week 6 when ben gets back... most people here were just hoping to go 2 - 2 , till then. mission accomplished... :thumbsup:

Swashbuckler
09-21-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry...I almost stopped right there. That shit is funny as hell. Much more talented Carolina team? Really? That's just hilarious.

If you want to call Smith, Stewart and Williams more talented than Mendenhall, Ward and Wallace I wouldn't disagree. Carolina's problem is that they rely on those 3 guys exclusively to win almost every game because their defense isn't really worth much of a damn anymore as well. To your advantage, you all have probably the best in the league. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2010, 12:19 AM
i'll be surprised if carolina wins more than 6 games this year.

Swashbuckler
09-21-2010, 12:21 AM
dude we're just riding the wave till week 6 when ben gets back... most people here were just hoping to go 2 - 2 , till then. mission accomplished... :thumbsup:

It's definitely all about damage control until then and the Bucs know it. We're not gonna go in ****y, coach Morris has warned us and preached about it endlessly. But even then, 2-2 won't kill you guys and there will be no cause for panic once Ben comes back. With the defense you guys have you're at least 10-12 win team no matter what record you start out with.

Swashbuckler
09-21-2010, 12:25 AM
i'll be surprised if carolina wins more than 6 games this year.

I would be too. It's a disaster from top to bottom there. Peppers went to Chicago and their defense sucks out loud aside from Jon Beason. Delhomme went to Cleveland and now they're starting a rookie at QB. And I'm curious as to how many reps he has gotten with the team until now. The talents of Stewart, Smith and Williams are going to be completely wasted this year.

A Mans Part
09-21-2010, 12:30 AM
If you want to call Smith, Stewart and Williams more talented than Mendenhall, Ward and Wallace I wouldn't disagree. Carolina's problem is that they rely on those 3 guys exclusively to win almost every game because their defense isn't really worth much of a damn anymore as well. To your advantage, you all have probably the best in the league. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Dear Fool,
When your defense isn't worth a damn it puts more of a strain on your offense. The Steelers defense is that much better than Carolina's[btw so far this year Williams nor Stewart crack the top 20 in rushing].

Sincerely,
Mans Part

PS. This means as a Bucs fan I'm scared. Very very scared. Hopefully the fact that Ben Rapelesburger is out will help us. Heavens knows we'll need it.

PPS. Hopefully we give up on Caddy sooner rather than later. X factor of some unscouted legs might help us pull the upset.

tony hipchest
09-21-2010, 12:40 AM
bottom line....

steelers offense is a bit hurt w/o ben, holmes, parker, and colon. we will get by.

what will be the bucs gameplan to deal with the steelers defense?

keisel/hampton/smith need 5 guys to block them. hampton and smith are often double teamed.

that leaves timmons, polamalu, woodley, and harrison.

timmons was one on one with chris johnson in coverage. troy will cover anybody. how do you deal with harrison and woodley? you cant double them both. they will get sacks and they will get forced fumbles.

troy will get his interception. our cornerbacks may luck out and pick off a ball or 2 as well.

ryan clark may be our hardest hitter.

when our team is healthy, they are the toughest starting 11 in the league. dont let anyone tell you otherwise (not even ray 'slew us" and the loudmouth ravens or the SB champion chest thumping jets).

Swashbuckler
09-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Dear Fool,
When your defense isn't worth a damn it puts more of a strain on your offense. The Steelers defense is that much better than Carolina's[btw so far this year Williams nor Stewart crack the top 20 in rushing].

Sincerely,
Mans Part

PS. This means as a Bucs fan I'm scared. Very very scared. Hopefully the fact that Ben Rapelesburger is out will help us. Heavens knows we'll need it.

PPS. Hopefully we give up on Caddy sooner rather than later. X factor of some unscouted legs might help us pull the upset.

Excuse me for crediting better players who happen to be on a far worse team? Part, you should know that the system works both ways. A poor offense also puts that much more strain on the defense. You really think a defense can just rely almost exclusively on a kicker for offensive support all the time? And I'm the fool?

If the Steelers win it won't be pretty. But they don't play for pretty... they play to win. It's why they have 2 rings since 2006.

Swashbuckler
09-21-2010, 01:08 AM
bottom line....

steelers offense is a bit hurt w/o ben, holmes, parker, and colon. we will get by.

what will be the bucs gameplan to deal with the steelers defense?

keisel/hampton/smith need 5 guys to block them. hampton and smith are often double teamed.

that leaves timmons, polamalu, woodley, and harrison.

timmons was one on one with chris johnson in coverage. troy will cover anybody. how do you deal with harrison and woodley? you cant double them both. they will get sacks and they will get forced fumbles.

troy will get his interception. our cornerbacks may luck out and pick off a ball or 2 as well.

ryan clark may be our hardest hitter.

when our team is healthy, they are the toughest starting 11 in the league. dont let anyone tell you otherwise (not even ray 'slew us" and the loudmouth ravens or the SB champion chest thumping jets).

To be honest I think the best we can hope for is a few field goals and any kind of turn over that turns into points. I can't reasonably expect us to score much more than field goals. Maybe a TD at most. The only thing I can say with confidence is that Freeman is doing his homework in how to read 3-4 defenses and that Mike Williams and Rejus Benn can at least complement each other nicely enough to make a difference when they are double teamed.

Incognito
09-21-2010, 01:29 AM

I can assure you, that WILL NOT happen to Freeman. I'm not saying he won't get sacked AT ALL... but he won't get PWND like VY did. Freeman is just too elusive and strong to be slammed like that.

tony hipchest
09-21-2010, 01:31 AM
To be honest I think the best we can hope for is a few field goals and any kind of turn over that turns into points. I can't reasonably expect us to score much more than field goals. Maybe a TD at most. The only thing I can say with confidence is that Freeman is doing his homework in how to read 3-4 defenses and that Mike Williams and Rejus Benn can at least complement each other nicely enough to make a difference when they are double teamed.

well since we are being honest i actually own 2 bucs jerseys. sapp-away and lynch-home.

theyre cool jerseys i bought offa the clearance rack when the bucs dumped them, and i like to wear them to sleep, or on the weekends when i go fishing or camping.

:tt03:

SteelCityMom
09-21-2010, 01:48 AM
I can assure you, that WILL NOT happen to Freeman. I'm not saying he won't get sacked AT ALL... but he won't get PWND like VY did. Freeman is just too elusive and strong to be slammed like that.

:sofunny: No, 3 LB's probably won't get to Freeman at once....but does the number of how many get there really matter in the long run? They are all hungry for some QB...that's all I know.

smokeykurt
09-21-2010, 02:08 AM
13-6 in favor of Steelers is what i'm thinking.

This prediction is banking on a special teams, or, more likely interception turning into a TD as i bet the bucs QB struggles under the pressure of our D and makes some mistakes.

I'm hopin for 4-5 turnovers *smile* in our favor, and i bet our offense plays cautiously to avoid errors and let our D handle this game.

No offense to bucs fans, but i agree with the other steelers fans saying bucs QB doesn't stand much of a chance against our D. Bucs QB is lookin better..thats for sure, but he's also played against....well...weak teams, he might have the confidence now, and i think thats awesome for tampa fans, but we have yet to see him face a decent team this season. Also, bucs rushing sucks...which will in the end hurt your passing game, our D is gonna be all over bucs QB and...well, tampa doesnt have other options or tricks up their sleeves really to offset that.

Only way i see Tampa winning is if we start leftwich(think hes more likely to lean towards interceptions), and for some odd reason we pass aggressively and make mistakes that result in interceptions. Either that, or if some crazy returns happen for Tampa. We're gonna rush alot, and I bet it works for some field goals (less likely to have mistakes than Tampas QB passing hoping for field goals at least in my opinion)

I could be wrong...but after taking out Falcons and Titans (i was hoping for 2-2 without ben and we already got that...) my confidence is up incredibly.

I'm so glad Polu is back...our defense wasn't steelers defense without him IMO

Throw in Big Ben and i think we're goin to playoffs...and i can't wait. :)

StainlessStill
09-21-2010, 07:42 AM
I Were it not for your kick return for a TD you guys win that game by only a single point. I don't expect us to do any better seeing as we don't have anyone of the caliber of Chris Johnson on our side, but I'm still going to believe regardless.. I'm sure you know that though.

Is it Sunday yet?

Sorry Stainless but I'm not exactly in awe of the fact that your offense against the Titans came almost strictly from your kicker.

Nothing to be sorry about :hatsoff: Fortunately for us, this is the way the Steelers love playing football. Our defense is built around winning tight ball games & our offense alongside Jeff Reed has been put into position by the defense to go out there and put any kinds of points on the board. 3's will be enough to work with if this defense plays the way they are meant to be played. We are just in survival mode on offense & the combination worked thus far against pretty good caliber teams with dangerous weaponry.

If were it not for your kick return for a TD you guys win that game by only a single point.

Give credit where credit is due. Special teams is a big part of a football game and the execution was flawless. We went on the road and got the job done to put ourselves in better position to win regardless of no ingredients to succeed on offense. Remember now, our defense only gave up 3 points to the daunting Vince Young and the unstoppable Chris Johnson and only gave up a T.D in garbage time so only winning by a single point becomes a moot point judging by how things would have been different in circumstance.

Like I said, unless your defense puts up points for your offense, you MIGHT be in trouble.

Which is VERY, very possible. This defense forced 7 turnovers last week and we are tied in the league with most interceptions, Polamalu having 2 in 2 games. The percentages are highly favorable for the Steelers to score on defense this week. Still, regardless, even though we mostly have been losing the field position battle, this defense will give us some room to work with if we ever decide to break out on offense anytime soon. Remember, we pretty much were put in position down to our 4th string QB so we went from battling, to surviving and taking care of the football. We have a whole week to gameplan around the abilities of Batch OR Leftwhich and if it would be any week to crack the endzone, this will be it.

Do you really expect the defense to bail you out every game? It works for a while like it is now but then it eventually comes back to haunt you like it did my Bucs so many times in the Dungy years.

Not necc. I don't expect it to carry us for an entire 16 game season because we know it's temporary until Ben comes back, but the majority of the time, if the Steelers play to their full potential, more times than not defense is our best offenses. The Steelers have been winning this way for years and this city has always been built around dominating defense, and the Steelers sure do play defense a little differently than most teams. As bad as our offense looks, we are simply winning with 3rd-4th string quarterbacks and not having the tools to call a solid or completed game plan. We are limited, but yet, somehow still manage to win the time of possession battle. That's impressive and if we can keep that up, it'll be tough for the Bucs to reach even the redzone.

BFT
09-21-2010, 07:58 AM
that and our offense couldn't score with paris hilton
Too bad Big Ben's suspended.

He'd score with her...

(whether she wanted to or not.)

BFT
09-21-2010, 08:06 AM
whoa easy there buddy, let's not get ahead of ourselves now. I know you're excited about the bucs being 2-0 and they look like a decent squad.. but i'm sure our linebacking corps alone has more pro bowlers than your entire team has.
Well, I get your point, and I agree... but come on, the pro bowl?

We're talking football, not popularity contests...

StainlessStill
09-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Well, I get your point, and I agree... but come on, the pro bowl?

We're talking football, not popularity contests...

Maybe we can talk about sack totals (in the past 3 years, James Harrison has been in the top 4 sack leaders), or Defensive Player of the Year awards instead :hatsoff:

Swashbuckler
09-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Nothing to be sorry about :hatsoff: Fortunately for us, this is the way the Steelers love playing football. Our defense is built around winning tight ball games & our offense alongside Jeff Reed has been put into position by the defense to go out there and put any kinds of points on the board. 3's will be enough to work with if this defense plays the way they are meant to be played. We are just in survival mode on offense & the combination worked thus far against pretty good caliber teams with dangerous weaponry.

Give credit where credit is due. Special teams is a big part of a football game and the execution was flawless. We went on the road and got the job done to put ourselves in better position to win regardless of no ingredients to succeed on offense. Remember now, our defense only gave up 3 points to the daunting Vince Young and the unstoppable Chris Johnson and only gave up a T.D in garbage time so only winning by a single point becomes a moot point judging by how things would have been different in circumstance.

Which is VERY, very possible. This defense forced 7 turnovers last week and we are tied in the league with most interceptions, Polamalu having 2 in 2 games. The percentages are highly favorable for the Steelers to score on defense this week. Still, regardless, even though we mostly have been losing the field position battle, this defense will give us some room to work with if we ever decide to break out on offense anytime soon. Remember, we pretty much were put in position down to our 4th string QB so we went from battling, to surviving and taking care of the football. We have a whole week to gameplan around the abilities of Batch OR Leftwhich and if it would be any week to crack the endzone, this will be it.

Not necc. I don't expect it to carry us for an entire 16 game season because we know it's temporary until Ben comes back, but the majority of the time, if the Steelers play to their full potential, more times than not defense is our best offenses. The Steelers have been winning this way for years and this city has always been built around dominating defense, and the Steelers sure do play defense a little differently than most teams. As bad as our offense looks, we are simply winning with 3rd-4th string quarterbacks and not having the tools to call a solid or completed game plan. We are limited, but yet, somehow still manage to win the time of possession battle. That's impressive and if we can keep that up, it'll be tough for the Bucs to reach even the redzone.

All great points. My Bucs aren't ready for the big time yet but the improved defense has me on high hopes. Maybe we do or maybe we don't win, its gonna be a slug fest on Sunday. But like I said, you all don't play to win pretty, you just play to win. 4-0 wouldn't be impossible, especially with how well the defense is playing. I DO expect Freeman to be hit several times and that he will have to make his decision before he even snaps the ball. I think Rejus Benn is gonna have a big day because he is perfect for dump passes and hauling defenders an extra 3-5 yards.

And yes... you have indeed noticed a pattern as to how I'm not mentioning the run game at all. I don't trust Cadillac Williams against you guys, I just don't think he can run hard enough or if he can take the beating. I don't want to see him get hurt. And in all honesty I think we will be seeing the debut of LeGarrett Blount on Sunday but I'm not sure of how ready he is or how many reps he has had with the team. He is big guy and I think if anyone can stand up to the physicality of your defense, it would most surely be him. He has 40 lbs on Chris Johnson and maybe... just MAYBE that will make the difference. I haven't been able to see all the highlights of you stopping him (thank you nfl.com for not being able to download the video!) but I'm sure as soon as Johnson got free, your DBs/LBs dropped him like a sack of rocks. Coach Morris hasn't let on (or maybe I haven't heard) to playing Blount, but one surely has to believe that we are getting him ready. The only answer to a defense like yours would be a guy like Jerome Bettis. And Blount is probably the closest thing we will ever get to him since Alstott is gone.

Swashbuckler
09-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Okay nfl.com FINALLY stopped being stupid. And all I have to say is wow.... I'm VERY impressed. No wonder you all toot your horn so loud about the big bad d! From one defense loving fan to another I applaud it!! :applaudit:

And this also convinces me that Vince Young is completely inept at QB. It makes me sad that he is been in the league this long and has forgotten the first rule as an NFL QB: If you don't see anything THROW THE BALL AWAY! If Freeman can be smart with the ball and learn to live to play another drive we should have a shot. He just needs to make sure his errors do not come within field goal range. And I trust that his mobility will pay off and buy us time as well.

BFT
09-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Maybe we can talk about sack totals (in the past 3 years, James Harrison has been in the top 4 sack leaders), or Defensive Player of the Year awards instead :hatsoff:

Funny... whenever I think of sacks, and the Steelers... I always think of Kordell Stewart.

Not that I'm judging his 'lifestyle choice'. :rofl:

StainlessStill
09-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Funny... whenever I think of sacks, and the Steelers... I always think of Kordell Stewart.

Not that I'm judging his 'lifestyle choice'. :rofl:

Haha... okay?:noidea::popcorn:

StainlessStill
09-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Okay nfl.com FINALLY stopped being stupid. And all I have to say is wow.... I'm VERY impressed. No wonder you all toot your horn so loud about the big bad d! From one defense loving fan to another I applaud it!! :applaudit:

And this also convinces me that Vince Young is completely inept at QB. It makes me sad that he is been in the league this long and has forgotten the first rule as an NFL QB: If you don't see anything THROW THE BALL AWAY! If Freeman can be smart with the ball and learn to live to play another drive we should have a shot. He just needs to make sure his errors do not come within field goal range. And I trust that his mobility will pay off and buy us time as well.

Tampa Bay runs more of a game manageable offense with Freeman and pretty much expects him to not lose the game first than anything else. He hasn't completed more than 17 balls and hasn't even individually thrown for 200 yards in the first 2 weeks of the season yet. Tampa Bay won't be doing any kinds of damage if they are going to take that approach with Freeman and that offense to only ask him to complete 12 balls for 150+ yards. That's a very vanilla run offense and you guys certainly are in all kinds of matchup problems against this Steelers team.

Cleveland barely has anything to be scared about and Caroline is in as big of a wreck than any team out there right now. Even Ronde Barber said the Panthers didn't offer a threat so with Tampa cruising along and playing not to lose won't work on our style of blitzing schemes and defense. Freeman is going to have to make quick reads and stand in there. LeBeau will certainly turn up the heat, esp on a young QB who more than likely won't know what he's looking at.

Now that the Steelers know what they have in a Leftwhich or Batch, we now can call some plays downfield we didn't plan on having in the playbook with Dixon. Batch looked good last week and made some pin-point throws. Things can be opened up. I like our chances from any matchup standpoint but anything could happen. Traveling to Tampa is no laughing matter and we're aware of it.

Steeler Fred
09-21-2010, 03:37 PM
www.tbaybucs.com

For those who wish to check it out.

Incognito
09-21-2010, 03:40 PM
You guys are extremely optimistic in your Steelers. I like it. Its how ALL fans should be.

StainlessStill
09-21-2010, 04:12 PM
You guys are extremely optimistic in your Steelers. I like it. Its how ALL fans should be.

Well of course, as should you be about your team. I gave major kudos the first couple of weeks and even had the Falcons taking it to us. Judging our team 2 weeks later and watching this defense just rip teams apart, I'm having a very hard time giving the Tampa offense any benefit of the doubt. I really do think that it will be difficult for a young QB like Freeman to make it even to the redzone with the complexity of the schemes and blitzes he'll be seeing.

I saw the Panthers wiff on Freeman numerous times and they looked so incredibly slow in the middle of the field. No way the Steelers let that happen. We are gang tacklers at our best and swarm like fire flies.

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2010, 04:20 PM
probably cause the steelers won more than 3 games last year .....:popcorn:

Incognito
09-21-2010, 04:31 PM
probably cause the steelers won more than 3 games last year .....:popcorn:

HEY! Now thats just hurtful. :shake01:

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2010, 04:41 PM
HEY! Now thats just hurtful. :shake01:
no its logical. we beat 2 teams that are likely to still be playing in january.... you beat 2 teams that'll likely be looking for a head coach in january.

BFT
09-21-2010, 04:48 PM
no its logical. we beat 2 teams that are likely to still be playing in january.... you beat 2 teams that'll likely be looking for a head coach in january.

So you think The Browns OR the Panthers will keep their coach? Otherwse, I think you need to make that three teams...

I don't see Raheem making it. Dude's in over his head. He showed he can have success as a DC, but Head - coaching wise, I'm not sold yet.

I'm kind-a hoping we can get Cowher to come in and take over.

StainlessStill
09-21-2010, 04:54 PM
So you think The Browns OR the Panthers will keep their coach? Otherwse, I think you need to make that three teams...

I don't see Raheem making it. Dude's in over his head. He showed he can have success as a DC, but Head - coaching wise, I'm not sold yet.

I say hang in there. Tampa is still in a rebuilding process and seems to have landed their future franchise quarterback for future reference.

Have patience and allow Morris to have a couple more drafts to build around him and also build the interior defensive fronts.

That's what's the problem with many GM's and owners today. They simply want to win NOW when they simply cannot and then become impatient with their head coach and fire him, setting the team back in stability worse than it was. You guys will be alright.

Incognito
09-21-2010, 04:57 PM

http://blogs.southflorida.com/citylink_dansweeney/Spock.jpg

Incognito
09-21-2010, 04:58 PM
I say hang in there. Tampa is still in a rebuilding process and seems to have landed their future franchise quarterback for future reference.

Have patience and allow Morris to have a couple more drafts to build around him and also build the interior defensive fronts.

That's what's the problem with many GM's and owners today. They simply want to win NOW when they simply cannot and then become impatient with their head coach and fire him, setting the team back in stability worse than it was. You guys will be alright.

:applaudit:

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2010, 05:10 PM

i think if mangini starts out like he did last year ( 1-7, 2-8) ... he'll be shit canned during the season. i think fox needs to be over .500 , and one of his qb's better show some serious potential and progress through out the season , or he could be toast.
i think 8-8 might buy raheem another year. owners wanna see progress and improvement. an 8-8 record and a much improved josh freeman should be enough to hang a hat on for another year.

BFT
09-21-2010, 05:18 PM
i think if mangini starts out like he did last year ( 1-7, 2-8) ... he'll be shit canned during the season. i think fox needs to be over .500 , and one of his qb's better show some serious potential and progress through out the season , or he could be toast.
i think 8-8 might buy raheem another year. owners wanna see progress and improvement. an 8-8 record and a much improved josh freeman should be enough to hang a hat on for another year.

Freeman's impressing me. Raheem, not so much.

I just want to see actual progress this season, the record be damned. IF they can show that - IMO he stays, if not, can him.

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Freeman's impressing me. Raheem, not so much.

I just want to see actual progress this season, the record be damned. IF they can show that - IMO he stays, if not, can him.
the record IS the progress owners look at. coaches are paid to put up W's .this is his ...what 3rd year ? i don't think its unreasonable to expect a .500 or better unit after 3 ....playoffs by 4 .

tony hipchest
09-21-2010, 05:48 PM
i think raheem needs to do more than just win. he needs to put asses in those seats.

cowher would be a great hire because despite a lack of talent on the field it will build a buzz and excitement that will have people coming out to the games.

A Mans Part
09-22-2010, 12:30 AM

Learning to read would do you well. We haven't beaten ourselves...

.. yet.

BFT
09-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Learning to read would do you well. We haven't beaten ourselves...

.. yet.

And... do you think we're playoff bound?

Like I said on our board. I don't care about our record. We could be 10-6, squeak into a first round blowout and I'd not care. We're not a contender, yet.

If we end up with JUST two wins, I'm happy if the players and youth are progressing. Thus far, they've done well, better than expected by most assessments.

I'm stoked, but I'm also a realist. We played the Browns and the Panthers. We've not played a team like the Steelers, yet.

A garbage win is just that... a garbage win, especially if you won't go anywhere in the post season.

Fire Haley
09-22-2010, 09:36 AM
i think raheem needs to do more than just win. he needs to put asses in those seats..

he will this week.........we will OWN Raymond James!!!

Thousands and thousands of Steeler Nation fans will descend like a swarm to save the Bucs from another blackout so their fans can stay home and watch it on local tee-vee, a real novelty in those parts, from what I hear.

I will be there - Lot 3

I bet Josh Freeman is pissing down his leg

BFT
09-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Your QB's don't scare me...

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss234/doug3454/5cd07f6e.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/QuarterBlack08/Kordell%20Stewart/l_d92de3debba5eb6ced0f469f7d0bd6a1.jpg

OK, this guy scares me...
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af141/jbowar02/alg_steelers_ben-roethlisberger.jpg

...especially if I'm a college girl in a Milledgeville night club....

Fire Haley
09-22-2010, 10:44 AM
keep your fag talk between you and your boyfriend

Chris Johnson, 34 yds = tackling dummy

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201009/dianasteelers0919_17_500.jpg

MACH1
09-22-2010, 10:47 AM
keep your fag talk between you and your boyfriend

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3112/2644969615_74e21b03d2.jpg?v=0

Fire Haley
09-22-2010, 10:59 AM
ha ha!

swashbucklers - always with something in their mouth

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2008/09/340x_1bruce.JPG

SteelCityMom
09-22-2010, 11:57 AM
It's not the QB's you need to be scared of...

J5Ts3bBG75g

A Mans Part
09-22-2010, 01:25 PM
And... do you think we're playoff bound?

No, and that's besides the point.

I guess you don't understand(and it makes sense being that you're a mental midget) that when someone is talking about teams we've beat, they're not talking about our team(we don't play ourselves unless you're talking about Training Camp or Practice).

I get it though.. You threw that in there trying to "play smart", or improve your "e- cred" by mentioning Cowher on a Steelers board.

Congrats. You've just been smacked by A Mans Part.

#1LambertFan
09-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Another Tampa fan here greetings to the Steeler fans! Born in Ohio grew up a Bengals fan (I know I know) but escaped to Florida in 85' and became a Bucs fan after Culverhouse.

Looks to be a good game next Sunday...may it be injury free.

Good luck to ya.

That is definitely the best greeting I have heard in years from an opposing team's fan. May it be injury free! Let's hope so!

I predicted a 3-1 start actually. I have lived in Florida all of my life and for me there is nothing better than your team coming in and shutting up locals, but Tampa fans are good fans and few of them get in your face about their team. Not like those damn UF fans! God I wish people had enough dignity so they wouldn't jump the nearest band wagon and claim die hard fans for life! Take that Arizona! LOL:rofl:

#1LambertFan
09-22-2010, 05:28 PM
easy with the facts their bud.

the bucs havent seen a qb with this much promise since trent dilfer and shaun king.

Who are they?

Hahaha! Truth be told I think the Bucs are a pretty good team this year... as far as the NFC goes! C'mon now, Do you Bucs fans really think starting 2-0 after a 3-13 season means all your problems are miraculously fixed? I'm a realist, Ipso Facto, The Steelers have an incredible defense that wins games on their own, however the offense without Ben is a hinderance to the defense at best. The Bucs suffer from an unpredictable offense and they play a defense that capitalizes on impatience and little more. I'm going to be completely unbiased with my prediction here. Steelers D does what they have done in the last 2 games and Rashard Mendenhall shows up to play: Steelers 24-6. If neither of these happen I would still have to say Steelers 13-10. Sorry, I just can't see a loss to the Bucs this year.

StainlessStill
09-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Haha, I love the personal attacks we got going on here (players.)

Bucs fans can't even talk about the game because they know what's coming: A schooling session and a state of the art beatdown.

I tried to post a pic of the usual comeback with a weirdo Tampa Bay fan but all I got in the search engine is this:

"No standard web pages containing all your search terms did not match any documents.

Your search -Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans- were not found"

:tt04::tt04::applaudit::drink::popcorn:

Fire Haley
09-22-2010, 09:09 PM
They should be thanking us for filling up their stadium with Steeler Nation fans so the trailer park locals can watch their game on tee-vee.

It's the least we can do.

BFT
09-22-2010, 10:12 PM
No, and that's besides the point.

I guess you don't understand(and it makes sense being that you're a mental midget) that when someone is talking about teams we've beat, they're not talking about our team(we don't play ourselves unless you're talking about Training Camp or Practice).

I get it though.. You threw that in there trying to "play smart", or improve your "e- cred" by mentioning Cowher on a Steelers board.

Congrats. You've just been smacked by A Mans Part.

A man's part... such a fitting name. Something you're obviously intimately familiar with.

You're clinging to a phrase you used... "We didn't beat ourselves", when I've never made the reference that we have. I did make a sarcastic remark stating that our own coach may very well be on the chopping block, though. Reading comprehension... remember, pumpkin? Try it. Continue to nip at my heels, it's cute, in a pathetic sort of way.

Perhaps you're diluded to think 'e-cred' actually means something. :rofl: Mentioning Cowher is something I've done on our board for quite some time. Granted, you already know this. You're a re-tread who was butthurt and now you don't even have the stones to mention which idiot you were that was sent packing for simply not being able to hack it.

Live with that...

BFT.

MasterOfPuppets
09-22-2010, 10:24 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-flame.gif 2 tampa fans having a flamefest on a steelers board ...PRICELESS !!! :toofunny: http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-350.gif please continue

SteelCityMom
09-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Shit gets me all hot and bothered. Have at it guys...I want to see blood.

BFT
09-22-2010, 10:52 PM
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-flame.gif 2 tampa fans having a flamefest on a steelers board ...PRICELESS !!! :toofunny: http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-350.gif please continue

That's what happens when you smack someone around long enough on our boards... They leave, come back with a new name, continue the vendetta against you for 'making' them meltdown, and literally chase you from board-to-board...while you have no idea which one of the masses of flamed-out morons he was. I don't know, I don't care... it's just obvious he squats when he pees. . .

Sadly we have a few like that...:doh:

SteelersinCA
09-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Oh we do too, well we did, they have since moved on and they all squat when they pee.

A Mans Part
09-22-2010, 11:55 PM
You're clinging to a phrase you used... "We didn't beat ourselves", when I've never made the reference that we have. I did make a sarcastic remark stating that our own coach may very well be on the chopping block, though.

You contradicted that fella as if he were incorrect when he made no mention of our team, but just of the teams we beat. i understand though, you're not mentally equipped.

Perhaps you're diluded to think 'e-cred' actually means something. :rofl:

Says the self proclaimed legend...but hey whatever it takes to get girls to webcam with you(attempting to fill the void of your ex wife(wonder why she got sick of you.))

And for bonus points: Spelling smack: It's deluded you moron..

Mentioning Cowher is something I've done on our board for quite some time. Granted, you already know this. You're a re-tread who was butthurt and now you don't even have the stones to mention which idiot you were that was sent packing for simply not being able to hack it.

Nope, try again. I'm A Mans Part and I was Stranger Danger before that(and as you well know Mod V was responsible for that change, but you probably didn't realize because you're as ill equipped as a mod as you are as a poster).

That's what happens when you smack someone around long enough on our boards... They leave, come back with a new name, continue the vendetta against you for 'making' them meltdown

Kinda like the Panthers fans and their mediocre posting skills made you melt down like a little girl... hey, you can continue justifying it(as purposely melting down) whatever helps you feel better about yourself dude. Its funny that you feel the need to stroke your own ego because others won't do it. You complained about their mod skills, but it's strange.. Mod I felt the need to change wenchy's user status just to have interaction with girls. That's pathetic I know.. but good thing you're not him right?

, and literally chase you from board-to-board...
I was here before you.. If anything you're following me.

You're weak, and your attacks are very vanilla or stem from your inflated opinion of yourself, but truth be told no "Alpha" has to PM Slimey and NYBF to fight their battles for them....

..Your move Bruce.

tony hipchest
09-23-2010, 12:00 AM

:sofunny: its almost as entertaining as lucha libre.

MQQTqJ2i7IQ&feature=related

SteelCityMom
09-23-2010, 12:03 AM
:sofunny: its almost as entertaining as lucha libre.

MQQTqJ2i7IQ&feature=related

That's hot...that's Antonio Banderas singing. I think Mom needs to go away for a little while.

A Mans Part
09-23-2010, 12:05 AM
That's hot...that's Antonio Banderas singing. I think Mom needs to go away for a little while.

I'd lend you my Jergens, but I don't think the ladies need that.

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2010, 12:08 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PLjNWOu-Zn0/SfSNgZk6VDI/AAAAAAAAAnA/FKfxRhLWYKw/s400/Sneak+preview+of+Round+2.jpg

http://blogs.chron.com/nickanderson/archives/Lavery.round2.jpg

SteelCityMom
09-23-2010, 12:17 AM
I'd lend you my Jergens, but I don't think the ladies need that.

Every little bit helps.

9cn7gEM6jYs

A Mans Part
09-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Every little bit helps.

9cn7gEM6jYs

strange that you show that.. The girlfriend and I actually got the flavored ones for foreplay.

I'll be honest.. strawberry tastes like cough syrup and the chocolate that comes to complement it isn't much better.

edit: in hind sight that seems like a weird thing to say over a public Message board, but I'm not about to start deleting posts now.

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2010, 12:24 AM
10w -30 works just fine...and its cheaper ...:thumbsup:

bacon grease also does the trick if ya got any.

SteelCityMom
09-23-2010, 12:24 AM
strange that you show that.. The girlfriend and I actually got the flavored ones for foreplay.

I'll be honest.. strawberry tastes like cough syrup and the chocolate that comes to complement it isn't much better.

edit: in hind sight that seems like a weird thing to say over a public Message board, but I'm not about to start deleting posts now.

To be honest...the shit weirds me out. Tingling body massage and genital lubricant? WTF!?!?

That's gross that you eat it too. Ew. :chuckle:

A Mans Part
09-23-2010, 12:27 AM
To be honest...the shit weirds me out. Tingling body massage and genital lubricant? WTF!?!?

That's gross that you eat it too. Ew. :chuckle:

You don't eat what they're specifically showing in that commercial.

Its another product on the same line(for him her)..made specifically for eating..

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2010, 12:31 AM
my wise old grandfather once told me , "son, you don't eat your f *ckins , you F*ck your eatins " ....:popcorn:

SteelCityMom
09-23-2010, 12:33 AM
I don't even have a comeback here....that's just gross and hilarious. :rofl:

Ew.

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2010, 12:36 AM
I don't even have a comeback here....that's just gross and hilarious. :rofl:

Ew.
not at all .... gross is eatin at the Y , after you just filled it up with gonad gravy ..:noidea:

SteelCityMom
09-23-2010, 12:40 AM
not at all .... gross is eatin at the Y , after you just filled it up with gonad gravy ..:noidea:

You would know. :sofunny:

http://smiliesftw.com/x/tfowackit.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Wallace108
09-23-2010, 12:45 AM
I have no idea what the hell this thread is about ... but after reading some of the last page, I feel safe in posting this ...

My new defense against any accusation ...

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7752/buschr.gif

SteelCityMom
09-23-2010, 12:49 AM
It's my bad...I've hijacked at least 2 or 3 threads tonight. I blame Jose. He made me do it.

I still :heart: all the Tampa fans. Don't blame me.

Wallace108
09-23-2010, 12:55 AM
I actually like Tampa Bay. If I wasn't a Steelers fan, I could see myself rooting for the Bucs. Although they'd had to bring back these uniforms first ...
That's not sarcasm ... I love the old uniforms ...

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0126/nfl_a_williams_400.jpg

A Mans Part
09-23-2010, 01:25 AM
You guys are hilarious. I think I'm going to move in. Now what is your stance on the toilet seat. Do you mind if I leave it up?

Wallace108
09-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Now what is your stance on the toilet seat. Do you mind if I leave it up?

I never understood why women don't put the toilet seat back up when they're done. :noidea: They need to be a little bit more considerate.

BFT
09-23-2010, 07:05 AM
I'm A Mans Part
Nailed it. You truly are.

Deep seeded emotions here.

Dude, you're becoming stalker-scary now.

What's sad is the name itself, as if that's the "killing blow"... you actually typed "you were smacked...by A Man's Part" That's the big finish? You're a pecker? That's it? Classic.

SteelersinCA
09-23-2010, 10:47 AM
For my steelers fans in this thread, is this shit eerily familiar or what? Is one of you named Randy??

Indo
09-23-2010, 10:59 AM
:popcorn:

Somebody pass the beer-nuts....

StainlessStill
09-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I actually like Tampa Bay. If I wasn't a Steelers fan, I could see myself rooting for the Bucs. Although they'd had to bring back these uniforms first ...
That's not sarcasm ... I love the old uniforms ...

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0126/nfl_a_williams_400.jpg

MMmmmMMMMMmmMM, Creamsicle

SteelCityMom
09-23-2010, 12:32 PM

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=872517 (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/872517/stalker-cat.html) GIFSoup (http://www.gifsoup.com/)

:sofunny:

A Mans Part
09-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Nailed it. You truly are.

Deep seeded emotions here.

What's sad is the name itself, as if that's the "killing blow"... you actually typed "you were smacked...by A Man's Part" That's the big finish? You're a pecker? That's it? Classic.
that's your retort?

Surrender noted.

You've been exposed Big ****in tool.

A Mans Part
09-23-2010, 05:54 PM
I never understood why women don't put the toilet seat back up when they're done. :noidea: They need to be a little bit more considerate.

You're telling me.

BFT
09-23-2010, 06:04 PM
that's your retort?

Surrender noted.

You've been exposed Big ****in tool.

Nothing else is necessary. You're not here to talk smack. You're here because you've been banned from the other board and have no outlet left to attack me vice another team's forum. Deny it. You went from 'smack' to trying to expose personal crap, and even invent crap to attack me with. What does any of that have to do with football, tool? What it shows is you're sad. Let me guess, when we're done with this week, I'll see you on the next opponent's site... nipping at my heels once again. You enjoy this.

I've obviously gotten so far inside your dome that you do this shit here? Really?

Dude, it's all out in B&W. You're scary. So, just tell me when to expect a rabbit in a friggin pot...

Yeah, You're a bitter one. Wow.

"A Man's Part"... ?? You're not a man, you're a boy.

BFT
09-23-2010, 06:10 PM
MMmmmMMMMMmmMM, Creamsicle

We brought them back for the throwback game last year when we beat GB.

For the older fans, it was a cool feeling.

Selmon was the inagural member of our Ring of Honor.

We're doing it again this season.

tony hipchest
09-23-2010, 06:13 PM
That's the big finish? You're a pecker? That's it? Classic.

"you were smacked...by A Man's Part"

yeah, that "kill shot" went off with the thunder of a *pop* gun kiddies play with.

BFT
09-23-2010, 06:16 PM

yeah, that "kill shot" went off with the thunder of a *pop* gun kiddies play with.

Come on dude... you're supposed to LOL and throw out smilies and tell him how clever he is...

A Mans Part
09-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Nothing else is necessary. I'm a giant vagina. .

obviously.

Let me guess, when we're done with this week, I'll see you on the next opponent's site... nipping at my heels once again..

I was here first..

2/2 on melting down on other teams forums... Damn, without JB's nutsack to latch on to you're about as pathetic as that other BFT(Buc Fan Tom)

BFT
09-23-2010, 06:22 PM
I was here first...

2/2 on melting down on other teams forums... Damn, without JB's nutsack to latch on to you're about as pathetic as that other BFT(Buc Fan Tom)

Really? That's your argument? You were 'here' first? Are you 14?? So what? I never came after you. You're a Bucs' fan, we're supposed to be talking smack against the Steelers... You missed that part and went after me... How'd that work out for you dumbass?

Yeah, once again... you're shown to be an idiot. If you're that set on riding my jock, let me know and I'll shave for you. You've got the routine down pat.

Also, I'd love to see the meltdown you're talking about. 2/2? I'm melting down? Actually, dude, I'm exposing you. You're talking about an opponent's board from last week on a new opponent's board because you can't talk about it on OUR board. Why? because you can't play nice with the other children and you had to have time out...

Sit in the corner and STFU. I'm tired of making you my son.... But I'll see you next week, pumpkin.

You're a bitch, but you're a loyal bitch. God love you!

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2010, 06:23 PM
I was here first..

actually, you both joined the same day.... :noidea:

BFT
09-23-2010, 06:27 PM

Sssshhhhhh common sense only screws him up... Let him go, he's doing great!:screwy:

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2010, 06:29 PM
http://www.perezstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/hot-ring-girl-1.jpg

BFT
09-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Nah, I'm going to give him the last word for the night...

I'm just hoping it'll at least be clever. If you guys aren't at least entertained by it, what's the point?

A Mans Part
09-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Really? That's your argument? You were 'here' first? Are you 14?? So what? I never came after you. You're a Bucs' fan, we're supposed to be talking smack against the Steelers... You missed that part and went after me... How'd that work out for you dumbass?

You're right, because shitty photoshops and smack about Roethlisberger's charges haven't been done to death. Steelers are a good team, I(as well as you I'm sure) hope we can win, but don't think that we will.

Ironically enough the post I first "went after you" on you were talking smack about Raheem(who hadn't been mentioned prior).. Don't let logic get you down. You tried your hardest. :hatsoff:

Yeah, once again... you're shown to be an idiot. If you're that set on riding my jock, let me know and I'll shave for you. You've got the routine down pat.

How is it working out for me? I'd say not so well. Now I've got an unnamed poster trying to arrange a meeting with me like some sort of deranged pervert.. Don't let the user name fool you I'm into chicks.

Also, I'd love to see the meltdown you're talking about.

Anyone could see it.. The part where they had you down in the count and your only defense was to keep mentioning "i'm a mod on the Bucs board".. When that's your only reply you know you're full of fail.. Then you completely jumped off the diving board.. I think your words were "**** off i'm done".

They're real real bad over there(we both agree I'm sure), but that just makes you real real real bad.

Sit in the corner and STFU. I'm tired of making you my son.... But I'll see you next week, pumpkin.

Obviously, you're so sick of me you decided to have some "extra-curricular conversation". Like I said before, I don't need your veiled, cowardly threats via PM.

Barely. I joined at 1 AM(hadn't gone to sleep yet). He joined in the morning.. Its neither here nor there, but clearly not "following him as he'd suggest"

and back onto this vvv

You went from 'smack' to trying to expose personal crap, .

I went straight from smack to smack. Glad to see my targets were on straight and hit hit to home. That's just part of me being a good shot. Besides your divorce which you boast about as if it's one of your greatest achievements what personal info did I expose?

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Deny it. You went from 'smack' to trying to expose personal crap, and even invent crap to attack me with.

http://view2.picapp.com/pictures.photo/image/4593044/baltimore-ravens-miami/baltimore-ravens-miami.jpg?size=380&imageId=4593044

time out...we have an insult challenged on the board .....its being reviewed...

http://newsplethora.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Bill-Leavy.jpg

http://img.youtube.com/vi/mndhtikHHOg/0.jpg

upon further review...the insult stands ....

theplatypus
09-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Oh we do too, well we did, they have since moved on and they all squat when they pee.

That's some funny sh1t!

BFT
09-24-2010, 06:59 AM
You're right, because shitty photoshops and smack about Roethlisberger's charges haven't been done to death. Steelers are a good team, I(as well as you I'm sure) hope we can win, but don't think that we will.

Ironically enough the post I first "went after you" on you were talking smack about Raheem(who hadn't been mentioned prior).. Don't let logic get you down. You tried your hardest. :hatsoff:

How is it working out for me? I'd say not so well. Now I've got an unnamed poster trying to arrange a meeting with me like some sort of deranged pervert.. Don't let the user name fool you I'm into chicks.

Anyone could see it.. The part where they had you down in the count and your only defense was to keep mentioning "i'm a mod on the Bucs board".. When that's your only reply you know you're full of fail.. Then you completely jumped off the diving board.. I think your words were "**** off i'm done".

They're real real bad over there(we both agree I'm sure), but that just makes you real real real bad.

Obviously, you're so sick of me you decided to have some "extra-curricular conversation". Like I said before, I don't need your veiled, cowardly threats via PM.

Barely. I joined at 1 AM(hadn't gone to sleep yet). He joined in the morning.. Its neither here nor there, but clearly not "following him as he'd suggest"

and back onto this vvv

I went straight from smack to smack. Glad to see my targets were on straight and hit hit to home. That's just part of me being a good shot. Besides your divorce which you boast about as if it's one of your greatest achievements what personal info did I expose?

There's a whole lot of words there to make me believe you're just being funny.

I'll see you next week on the next team's board... we can continue there.

Unless you want to meet for that beer.

I'll buy.

I'd ask you to PM me on our board, but you can't. Damn that sucks. Alas, you have 14 more games to perfect your craft. Warn me about the rabbit please, my GF comes over on occasion and would really be freaked out by it...

Incognito
09-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Wow, so coming over to the Steelers board for some pre-game smack quickly turns into nasty little flame wars and conversations about genital lubricant. Noted.

SteelCityMom
09-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Wow, so coming over to the Steelers board for some pre-game smack quickly turns into nasty little flame wars and conversations about genital lubricant. Noted.

Welcome to the Blast Furnace. :chuckle:

A Mans Part
09-24-2010, 01:17 PM
There's a whole lot of words there to make me believe you're just being funny.

I'll see you next week on the next team's board... we can continue there.

I get it you give up

I'll buy.

Told you before completely hetero, but terrific deflection. Additionally 2000 miles would prevent that.

, my GF comes over on occasion and would really be freaked out by it...

I know you're trying to sound like a "normal guy", but you probably mean "logs on to skype".

steelerohio
09-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Does a real man turn down free beer? :noidea:

A Mans Part
09-25-2010, 02:15 AM

Traveling 2000 miles for beer isn't so free.

MasterOfPuppets
09-25-2010, 03:00 AM
Traveling 2000 miles for beer isn't so free.
i thought you said he offered you a gay booty call ?

Buc Bradshaw
09-25-2010, 08:53 AM
A Mans Part,

Buc fans would be smackin you if they knew about the crap you were spewing here. I have a pretty good idea that Steeler fans have caught on as well.

I'll start: If poop were brains, you wouldn't even stink.

A Mans Part
09-25-2010, 12:26 PM
i thought you said he offered you a gay booty call ?

There's that too.

A Mans Part
09-25-2010, 12:28 PM
A Mans Part,

Buc fans would be smackin you if they knew about the crap you were spewing here. I have a pretty good idea that Steeler fans have caught on as well.

I'll start: If poop were brains, you wouldn't even stink.

Coming from the guy that thinks this is being witty

2nd post. Just dropped to show support for Swashy's post. Bet you thought it was Terry Bradshaw. Shows what you know.

I'll consider that a compliment.

Steeler Fred
09-25-2010, 01:01 PM

That's just it. He's not. He's just advertising. Looking for fresh meat-parts, which he undoubtedly gobbles up. After he puts some choco-cherry on it of course.

A Mans Part,

Oh.. they know all about him. He's more like a little boys wee-wee. I did some research and BFT is dead on with this one. He's been suspended/banned multiple times because he's a big-mouthed freakin' child whose Daddy never taught him any manners. He talks junk and hides behind his keyboard like a pansy-cakes. And you know what they say about people always bragging about their "hetero".... prolly fruitier than fruit cake.

He also didn't read the mantra for this forum.... it says "mature".

Please ignore this very poor excuse for a Bucs fan.. he's the exception, not the norm.

Wonder if the candy-ass will admit who he was before Stranger Danger...

Bucsfan727
09-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello,
Bucs fan here, hoping for a hard fought injury free game with a bucs win of course!

I see that they brought the bickering over to this forum.

A Mans Part
09-25-2010, 11:46 PM
That's just it. He's not. He's just advertising. Looking for fresh meat-parts, which he undoubtedly gobbles up. After he puts some choco-cherry on it of course.

I'll buy.

yeah you're right. That's probably BFT's motive.. although judging from his usual MO he mostly just looks for webcam buddies wanting to watch him choke his chicken...

he's a child.... prolly ..

I <3 Irony

Wonder if the candy-ass will admit who he was before Stranger Danger...

and you are?

Once again, I love Irony.

I'd ask you to PM me on our board, but you can't. Damn that sucks. t...

Yeah that was an awfully mature move of you increasing my ban set to expire on October 1 to a perma ban[pm to mods confirmed this] for posts made in the smack forum on the Steelers forum. Are you really that embarrassed? Talk about abuse of power. I get it though.. Can't handle the heat in the kitchen, thump your chest about mod powers.

A Mans Part
09-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Hello,
Bucs fan here, hoping for a hard fought injury free game with a bucs win of course!

:applaudit:

Steeler Fred
09-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Don't cry little wee-wee... from what I gather, except for a couple of your little playground friends, they are all very glad you're gone. I heard you were one of the biggest ingrates any of their boards ever saw.

Perma-banned huh? :drink:

BFT
09-26-2010, 08:49 AM
"A Man's Part"... IE: Little pee-pee.

Understand this: When you want to follow people from board to board because you're banned from MY board... with no other motivation than to call out another fan, yes - you don't need to be on MY board.

You went from smack to stupidity.

You were called out. You were revealed.

Let's review: You know all of this, but it's great background for the rest:

You were given an offer for a free lesson in martial arts, I even said I'd make the trip & buy you a beer afterwards. I'm a helluva guy! You also know I've been on the Bucs board for over 8 years and have met F2F literally over 30+ people. I go to Tampa all the time, I've been to training camp for years in a row and have always said when/where I'd be there and I was there. I've always said when/where I'd be at games, and I was there. Hell, I bought tickets for several posters from the board last year just to see the throwback game with me, my son and my brother. I've posted pics, I've been to tailgates, and I've been open about it. Funny though... after having sent over 50+ people to their own meltdown, I've never, once, had ANYONE come up to me wanting to get in my face. Hell, I could probably use a good ass kicking. But you... I think you need lessons. I'll help you find your balls (don't make a gay reference, you'll look stupid). Free lesson. My treat. As the disclaimer says, martial arts is a dangerous sport, and people can & do get hurt. While naturally, I'd not want that to happen, and I'd take all precaution, I do want that out there.

You can play it off, you can do whatever the hell you want... but you and I know it's real. The offer is real, you don't even have to thank me. I'd enjoy it.

I've always been the exact same caustic poster that I was on day one. I toned down from being one of the 'heavyweights' who gunned for people when the new board asked me to moderate. Call me out. I welcome it.

You've been suspended more than most on the new board, and we aren't nearly as strict as the old board. You just don't know how to play nicely with others... I call it poor upbringing..

You don't have guts, you have gimmicks.

But understand this... when you literally start following people from board to board (when you signed up for that board isn't relevant, what you post is... get it yet?) for no other reason than to continue sour grapes and bitch, piss and moan...... then you cross a line and become Glenn Close-scary. You aren't invited back to MY board. There are 31 other teams in the NFL, be the festering boil to one of their boards.

Not on mine.

Edit: By the way... there are 5 mods on the Bucs board. I'm one of 5, I'm only 20% of the voice. Additionally, we have our own forum and we debate/discuss any member suspension that is questionable, and we vote to overturn if need be. Try your luck.

But, I'll see you in 2 weeks at one of these:

Cincinnati Bengals
http://forum.go-bengals.com/
http://forums.bengalszone.com/
http://boards.bengals.com/forums/
http://mb2.theinside...bbengalsinsider
http://www.footballh....php?forumid=16

Just bring it better than you did here. This was embarassing.

SteelCityMom
09-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks to all the Bucs fans who showed up strong and made this a fun week!

Best of luck against the Bungles in 2 weeks...I hope the Bucs absolutely DESTROY them! Don't let them give you no shit on their boards either. They talk a big game, but they're gentle as kitty kats!

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2010, 03:23 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/bigohnoes.gif

BFT
09-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Great game guys.

I kinda expected this to happen... We aren't ready for the better teams, and even with Batch, you guys showed you're still a top tier team.

Best to you this season!

tbayfan
09-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Wow, we are not ready for prime time, but we will sneak up on a few teams between here and there. Thanks for letting us be part of your board. Great team and posters.

Good luck.

A Mans Part
09-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Let's review: You know all of this, but it's great background for the rest:

You were given an offer for a free lesson in martial arts, I even said I'd make the trip & buy you a beer afterwards. I'm a helluva guy! You also know I've been on the Bucs board for over 8 years and have met F2F literally over 30+ people. I go to Tampa all the time, I've been to training camp for years in a row and have always said when/where I'd be there and I was there. I've always said when/where I'd be at games, and I was there. Hell, I bought tickets for several posters from the board last year just to see the throwback game with me, my son and my brother. I've posted pics, I've been to tailgates, and I've been open about it. Funny though... after having sent over 50+ people to their own meltdown, I've never, once, had ANYONE come up to me wanting to get in my face. Hell, I could probably use a good ass kicking. But you... I think you need lessons. I'll help you find your balls (don't make a gay reference, you'll look stupid). Free lesson. My treat. As the disclaimer says, martial arts is a dangerous sport, and people can & do get hurt. While naturally, I'd not want that to happen, and I'd take all precaution, I do want that out there.

You can play it off, you can do whatever the hell you want... but you and I know it's real. The offer is real, you don't even have to thank me. I'd enjoy it.

Creq Summary: Can't talk smack threatens to physically attack.. Typical.

You've been suspended more than most on the new board, and we aren't nearly as strict as the old board. You just don't know how to play nicely with others... I call it poor upbringing..

Suspended once on the old board, twice on the new board... You know whatever, apples and oranges.

But understand this... when you literally start following people from board to board (when you signed up for that board isn't relevant, what you post is... get it yet?)

You're a small part of my posting on this board don't flatter yourself. Here to read up on what to expect from the Steelers(I saw the VY gif) and talk Pens.

Edit: By the way... there are 5 mods on the Bucs board. I'm one of 5, I'm only 20% of the voice. Additionally, we have our own forum and we debate/discuss any member suspension that is questionable, and we vote to overturn if need be. Try your luck.

Mod IV seemed to not be informed of your decision. I guess its only fair you have more of a voice since you pay the web hosting and what not(not!). I'm also assuming Mod IV is Noles and Bucs who does pay the web hosting.

A Mans Part
09-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Wow, we are not ready for prime time, but we will sneak up on a few teams between here and there. Thanks for letting us be part of your board. Great team and posters.

Good luck.

^^^ :applaudit:

Steeler Fred
09-26-2010, 11:38 PM
That's just it. He's not. He's just advertising. Looking for fresh meat-parts, which he undoubtedly gobbles up. After he puts some choco-cherry on it of course..

yeah you're right. That's probably BFT's motive..

Little wee-wee.. you're even a loser at losing. This response was to ohios' comment about you turning down free beer.. or was it about you being a man? It had nothing to do with BFT other than why you wouldn't want free beer. :rofl:

See ya Trentadue...

BFT
09-27-2010, 07:19 AM
You're a small part of my posting on this board don't flatter yourself.
Obviously...:rofl:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u205/sdstorm/Rose%20Petal%20Boutique/calvin-klein-obsession_b.jpg

A Mans Part
09-27-2010, 01:52 PM
Obviously...:rofl:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u205/sdstorm/Rose%20Petal%20Boutique/calvin-klein-obsession_b.jpg

obviously, you're obsession with me leads you to keep PMing me.

And taking message board smack personally? ha! who's the immature one now?

Grow up.

A Mans Part
09-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Little wee-wee.. you're even a loser at losing. This response was to ohios' comment about you turning down free beer.. or was it about you being a man? It had nothing to do with BFT other than why you wouldn't want free beer. :rofl:

See ya Trentadue...

You realize in my PM to the mods[II,III,IV, and V, not I because that's obviously BFT]] I admitted to being Ken Trentadue, and that's the only reason BFT knows who it is.

He's really not a smart one. Trust me.

BFT
09-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Figured you out quickly.

A Mans Part
09-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Figured you out quickly.

Obviously. Admitting who I am leaves little room for interpretation. Keep thinking you're smart.... It amuses those of us that actually are.

Steeler Fred
09-28-2010, 12:45 AM
I admitted to being Ken Trentadue, .

So to re-cap... you've been suspended repeatedly for breaking the rules... nobody cares, in fact most are glad... then you re-registered with the 4th username in the last 5 months and posted while suspended, whining and calling out mods publicly because you got perma-banned... ?

Sound about right? :toofunny:

BFT
09-28-2010, 01:42 AM
You know what, I'm handling this all wrong.

I'm reinstating you. What's the harm? You've been exposed.

I have no doubts you'll get the hammer dropped soon enough, but I'll go one further, and tell you it won't be me that does it.

You aren't important enough.

Welcome back.

A Mans Part
09-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Speaking of more than one name..

Wow. Steelers are 2 - 0 and the Bucs are 2 - 0. Superbowl preview? Never say never.

However, Steelers opponents were a bit different....:chuckle:

Welcome to the classy Bucs fans..

Here you are on your second post welcoming Bucs fans.. Now tell me, why someone who would feel tenured enough to welcome new posters[and joined after me] would be doing so in their second post..

Something is rotten there...Could this perhaps not be the first username for you?

.. or the more likely thing is that you're a different tool, from our board... who decided to pose as a steelers fan for a week... and is also hiding behind another name without revealing who they really are...

I mean hey, not a mighty stretch to make since the first half of your posts were defending the Bucs, and 4 of the last 5 have been following me around..

..and of course this one

www.tbaybucs.com

For those who wish to check it out.

pimping our board before it'd even been mentioned?

Now tell me, why are you hiding behind this charade? Who are you really? and why are you so afraid to let people know?

Now, since we've revealed that you lack intelligence.. I'll break this down for you..

Stranger Danger----------> A Mans Part[I just liked the name better.. It works]

Ken Trentadue as a means to contact TBBB Admin.. You know what.. It seems he misses me as he's unbanned my Ken Trentadue account.. Why would he do that? Perhaps because he realized I'm on to something..

So in summary,

Whether you're a Steelers board retread, TBBB Poser, or [unlikely] a new poster.. You've hitched yourself to the wrong wagon.. Enjoy having BFT lead you off a cliff.

A Mans Part
09-28-2010, 01:44 AM
You know what, I'm handling this all wrong.

I'm reinstating you. What's the harm? You've been exposed.

I have no doubts you'll get the hammer dropped soon enough, but I'll go one further, and tell you it won't be me that does it.

You aren't important enough.

Welcome back.

.. You might want to tell him the whole story? If not I've got PMs... and screenshots.

edit: but at least you can admit your mistakes[kind of], that must have been hard.

MasterOfPuppets
10-01-2010, 02:29 PM
:toofunny: there still arguing over on the bucs board over the game

http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/index.php?/topic/4784-to-the-whiners-game-wasnt-even-close/page__st__30

Fire Haley
10-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Bucs fans are pussies

I stayed till the end

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/g21.jpg?t=1285694425

A Mans Part
10-01-2010, 11:42 PM
:toofunny: there still arguing over on the bucs board over the game

http://www.bbs.tbaybucs.com/index.php?/topic/4784-to-the-whiners-game-wasnt-even-close/page__st__30

They're stupid on my board..

Could have told you that from the start...

The better posters hang in Off Topic... The kids play in team discussions(and have scared off any notion of rational discussion)

Bucs fans are pussies

I stayed till the end

that was EMBARRASSING.

Wallace108
10-01-2010, 11:51 PM
I stayed till the end

Looks like there was 52 seconds left. :noidea:

FogOnTheMon
10-02-2010, 01:02 AM
LOL those loyal Bucs fans!