PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis is a Crybaby

Stanley
09-20-2010, 11:20 AM
After yesterday's loss to Cincy, Ray Lewis whined about the penalties.
He complained that penalties cost the Ravens 6 points.

Lewis said that players shouldn't cry. Who's he talking about?
I haven't heard anybody crying or whining except Lewis. He constantly whines and crys about everything. He constantly blames the Ravens losses on the referees.

Lewis insinuated that the QBs are crybabies because of the rules that protect the QBs. The QBs don't make the rules. The League makes the rules and the Referees enforce the rules. I haven't heard any QBs complaining about getting hit. Only person I've heard complaining is Ray Lewis.

Lewis is a chronic whiner and crybaby.
Stp crying Ray and just play the game.
:crying01:

lionslicer
09-20-2010, 11:32 AM
I agree with Ray that Refs are too protective of players on offense sometimes, but he's getting paid millions to play the game, suck it up and play the game like everyone else.

Stanley
09-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I agree with Ray that Refs are too protective of players on offense sometimes, but he's getting paid millions to play the game, suck it up and play the game like everyone else.

We could debate the pros and cons of protecting the QB back and forth forever.

My point is that Ray Lewis is a chronic whiner.
ESPN has been running a clip of Lewis saying "don't cry, don't cry" all morning.
The only person I hear crying is Ray Lewis.
Lewis is constantly whining about one thing or another.
:helmet:

jjpro11
09-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Lewis is whiny.. but you can't deny there are double-standards when it comes to protecting the QBs in this league. if the Steelers did that corkscrew sack on Palmer, Brady, or Manning instead of Vince Young yesterday, every ref on the field would have thrown their flags. i for one cannot stand these inconsistent, tacky roughing calls. it's not like we ever have any go our way either.

lionslicer
09-20-2010, 05:39 PM
Lewis is whiny.. but you can't deny there are double-standards when it comes to protecting the QBs in this league. if the Steelers did that corkscrew sack on Palmer, Brady, or Manning instead of Vince Young yesterday, every ref on the field would have thrown their flags. i for one cannot stand these inconsistent, tacky roughing calls. it's not like we ever have any go our way either.

You make the Refs seem racist.. lol.

Nevermore
09-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Regardless of you opinion of Ray Lewis, both of those calls were complete BS. If the QB is going to wear pads and a helmet, then he needs to be subject to hits and tackles. "In the grass" never gets called anymore (or is gone completely perhaps), so if Suggs lets up on Palmer because he thinks he threw the ball and Palmer escapes a sack and then makes a big play, that isn't fair. They are football players. They get paid. They should be allowed to be hit or tackled.

More importantly I see common sense being completely disregarded with the refs this year. From the catch by the Calvin Johnson in week 1, to the penalty against Ray. There needs to be some consideration to the INTENT of a rule and what really happened on the field. Does anyone actually think Ray INTENDED to trip Palmer? Does anyone really think that Calvin Johnson DIDN'T catch that pass. I don't care about the "letter" of the law. I'm talking common sense.

Bottom line, I think that QBs are WAY over protected and that the refs need to start using some better judgement.

mikegrimey
09-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Lewis is no worse than a lot of fans who bitch and moan about the referees screwing their team.

it's not like we ever have any go our way either.

Rewatch the 3rd Quarter of SB 43 and try and tell him the rouging the passer penalty called on Arizona wasn't complete BS.

The problem with Lewis is all these referees take note of his annual and very vocal complaints.

A lot of times what he is saying is legit, like when he went on a rant last year after a bogus roughing the passer call against the Patriots, prompted by Tom Brady begging the referee for a flag, which was thrown well after the play. Ray was right, the call was egregiously bad. But it's never smart to publically ridicule officals.

Think about it, almost every year the Ravens are one of the, if not the most, penalized teams in the league, it's not a coincidence.

MACH1
09-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Regardless of you opinion of Ray Lewis, both of those calls were complete BS. If the QB is going to wear pads and a helmet, then he needs to be subject to hits and tackles. "In the grass" never gets called anymore (or is gone completely perhaps), so if Suggs lets up on Palmer because he thinks he threw the ball and Palmer escapes a sack and then makes a big play, that isn't fair. They are football players. They get paid. They should be allowed to be hit or tackled.

More importantly I see common sense being completely disregarded with the refs this year. From the catch by the Calvin Johnson in week 1, to the penalty against Ray. There needs to be some consideration to the INTENT of a rule and what really happened on the field. Does anyone actually think Ray INTENDED to trip Palmer? Does anyone really think that Calvin Johnson DIDN'T catch that pass. I don't care about the "letter" of the law. I'm talking common sense.

Bottom line, I think that QBs are WAY over protected and that the refs need to start using some better judgement.

Did ray ray back in the day intend for that guy to trip and fall on the knife 5-6 times?

MasterOfPuppets
09-20-2010, 07:42 PM

so you think the refs are "puttin some hot sauce" , on the flags ? :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM

Right...I get it. But Lewis needs to quit whining about ONE call in the game and look at the game as a whole when determining why they lost. I didn't watch the game, but experience tells me the Ravens probably had more than that one play to win the game.

MasterOfPuppets
09-20-2010, 09:43 PM
naturally the ratbird fans can't do any boo hooing without mentioning the steelers...
http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=266514

ratbird fans are more obsessed with the steelers, than muslims are with zionist ..:popcorn:

Nevermore
09-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Did ray ray back in the day intend for that guy to trip and fall on the knife 5-6 times?

Original.

Once again digressing away from intelligent talk about football. :banging:

Shea
09-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Original.

Once again digressing away from intelligent talk about football. :banging:

Two people lost their lives.

**** intelligent talk about football.

Nevermore
09-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Right...I get it. But Lewis needs to quit whining about ONE call in the game and look at the game as a whole when determining why they lost. I didn't watch the game, but experience tells me the Ravens probably had more than that one play to win the game.

Absolutely. I don't agree that this was the sole reason the Ravens lost. 4 Flacco ints and 2 dropped ints by our defense surely helped.

My point is that he is completely right about the calls though. They were both BS and nothing that either player could have done differently to not draw a flag. I don't believe this is a Ravens only thing, but a league wide issue about QBs. They need protection, but not that much. If they don't want to be hit, lets put flag football flags on them.

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Absolutely. I don't agree that this was the sole reason the Ravens lost. 4 Flacco ints and 2 dropped ints by our defense surely helped.

My point is that he is completely right about the calls though. They were both BS and nothing that either player could have done differently to not draw a flag. I don't believe this is a Ravens only thing, but a league wide issue about QBs. They need protection, but not that much. If they don't want to be hit, lets put flag football flags on them.
what the hell is wrong with Flacco ? his developement seems to be going in reverse. he looks more like a confused rookie, than he did when he was a rookie ! if anyone ever needed a good qb coach , its him.

Nevermore
09-21-2010, 12:40 AM
I dunno what is up with him. I don't know if that first hit of the season knocked his football sense out or what, but I agree. I am terrified that we are spiraling back to the dark days (almost all of them) where we don't have a QB. I can't tell you how bad I just want to have a decent, reliable QB. Its frustrating. Hopefully it is just rust from the off season. We'll see.

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2010, 12:47 AM
I dunno what is up with him. I don't know if that first hit of the season knocked his football sense out or what, but I agree. I am terrified that we are spiraling back to the dark days (almost all of them) where we don't have a QB. I can't tell you how bad I just want to have a decent, reliable QB. Its frustrating. Hopefully it is just rust from the off season. We'll see.
well i wouldn't just say its this year. he had his share of bad play last year as well. dump offs to rice padded his stats heavily. his problem from what i see , is he locks on to a particular receivers. its almost like he decides who he's going to throw it to before the snap. weather that guy is open or not, here it comes....:sofunny:

tony hipchest
09-21-2010, 01:08 AM
. "In the grass" never gets called anymore (or is gone completely perhaps), so if Suggs lets up on Palmer because he thinks he threw the ball and Palmer escapes a sack and then makes a big play, that isn't fair. They are football players. They get paid. They should be allowed to be hit or tackled.

its called "in the grasp" and it was called just yesterday on kerry collins. :doh:

so you think the refs are "puttin some hot sauce" , on the flags ? :chuckle:

:toofunny:

Stanley
09-21-2010, 09:59 AM
This is not the first time that Ray Lewis has blamed a loss on the referees.

Lewis has a long history of whining about the referees, the rules, other teams, other players, etc., etc.

When the Ravens win, Lewis tries to take all the credit.
When they lose, he always looks for somebody else to blame.
:thmbdown:

jjpro11
09-21-2010, 01:36 PM
well i wouldn't just say its this year. he had his share of bad play last year as well. dump offs to rice padded his stats heavily. his problem from what i see , is he locks on to a particular receivers. its almost like he decides who he's going to throw it to before the snap. weather that guy is open or not, here it comes....:sofunny:

if you can get pressure on Flacco, he crumbles. the Steelers are 4-1 against him because of their ability to pressure him.

BigRick
09-21-2010, 11:21 PM
This is not the first time that Ray Lewis has blamed a loss on the referees.

Lewis has a long history of whining about the referees, the rules, other teams, other players, etc., etc.

When the Ravens win, Lewis tries to take all the credit.
When they lose, he always looks for somebody else to blame.
:thmbdown:

I totally agree. Ray can talk the talk, but he can't walk the walk. Every team gets some bad calls. Just ask Detroit. :tt03: