PDA

View Full Version : Worst thing for the other 31 teams: A P!ssed off Steelers team:

StainlessStill
09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I've been reading article after article and I just can't help but boast and smile into the revelation that has become the 2010 Pittburgh Steelers. This was the WORST off-season possibly ever for any team, from you know who's off-season behavior, to his suspension, to Holmes, to Willie Colon, QB controversy, ETC.

With all of this off-season drama that Pittsburgh fans aren't use to, it made for an interesting and intriguing, let alone curious anticipation for our 2010 team entering Week 1 versus Atlanta. Lots of question marks. Everyone wrote us off.

Here we are, sitting 2-0 and possibly yielding the nastiest defense of the LeBeau years YET. How do the players feel about everyone writing us off?

Chris Hoke:

"We've got a chip on our shoulder this year because of how things went down last year with our five-game losing streak,'' said nose tackle Chris Hoke, who improved his regular-season record to 15-1 as Casey Hampton's replacement. "So sometimes when people write that we're not going to be very good or maybe they'll go 2-2 or 1-3 when Ben's out, that ticks us off.''

James Farrior:

" They think we can't win without Ben Roethlisberger" inside linebacker James Farrior said of the quarterback who has served half of his four-game suspension. "That just gives us a little more motivation.

"Mike Tomlin's been ticked off the last couple of weeks. He's taking it out on us, and we've been taking it out on other teams."

Mike Tomlin:

"We're pleased that we're 2-0, but we're not astounded by it. We expect to win. We're a little bit annoyed about the premature reporting of our death."

Hines Ward:

"It feels good to be 2-0. I'm pretty sure nobody outside this locker room believed we could do it,'' wide receiver Hines Ward said in the joyous aftermath of the Steelers' 19-11 win at LP Field. "Hats off to the guys on this team believing in each other, playing hard and not worrying what people say outside this locker room.''

Reading all of these articles and the reaction and the anger and chip on their shoulders our team has amassed just makes me even more excited for the next weeks to come. Just wait until Ben comes back, we WILL be a force and God have mercy on our opponents soul.

Looks like we are FINALLY Unleashing the Hell Mike Tomlin was talking about!:tt03:

lionslicer
09-20-2010, 03:06 PM
I hope they go 4-0 and prove everyone wrong.

Steel_Bus_24
09-20-2010, 03:27 PM
I hope Ben comes back with the same fire, dedication, and focus as the rest o the team.....as long as we are a unified pissed off team, we're going to be a very tough group to beat:helmet:...:tt03:

stb_steeler
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
I would be mad about last seasons performance to if i was the Steelers.
You could see it in the Defense. They need to exceed while Bens out, if not it could be another disastrous year. This could be one of the best defenses we seen yet. We could be 0-2 right now and wondering if it is because Ben's out!.

ZoneBlitzer
09-20-2010, 06:49 PM
I hope they go 4-0 and prove everyone wrong.

I think they're terrible and can't win without Ben. Those first two games were a fluke and the D got lucky.

You hear that Tomlin, I'm writing you off and am reporting your demise...

;)

floodcitygirl
09-20-2010, 06:55 PM
I think they're terrible and can't win without Ben. Those first two games were a fluke and the D got lucky.

You hear that Tomlin, I'm writing you off and am reporting your demise...

;)Absolutely! We need to make a recording of this and send it to Tomlin to play in his sleep! :chuckle:

Set-Man
09-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Can they keep this up for the whole season?

When Ben comes back they can hopefully get a bit more rest during the season.

Steeler Fred
09-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Think the Bucs are scared?

Fire Arians
09-20-2010, 08:41 PM
i jut hope tomlin can win a trap game. historically under his tenure we've never done well vs teams we should have obliterated

luckily for us, the bucs have actually looked decent so maybe they're not flying under the radar. compared to facing the titans and ravens though, i suppose this is a trap game

Hi5Steeler
09-21-2010, 01:48 AM
what trap game. were down to our number four QB

our starting LT is out

our starting RT is out

our starting NT is out

emmanuel sanders is out

arnaz battle sucks

randle el has no energy or speed left

HOW is this a trap game? if leftwich cant start...possible...and id batch gets hurt....he breaks his wrist throwing the ball.....we start a receiver at qb in a hostile stadium.

do you REALIZE how close we are to not having anyone left at all?

do you?

trap game?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

SteelKnight
09-21-2010, 07:10 AM
I wouldn't get too ****y. We could easily be 0-2. Sure the defense is playing well but those who though we couldn't win without Ben probably correctly predicted that our offense would be 31st in the league. We had 21 total pass yards last game. They just didn't predict the defense would be THIS good.

The offense will eventually have to produce. Maybe if we had an offensive TD in regulation this year I would be ****y (or I told you so) but we don't. I am HOPEFUL we get our first this week.