PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich Resigned

SteelCityMom
09-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Leftwich got resigned again today...

Steelers re-sign QB Byron Leftwich two days after releasing him
04:45 PM

The Steelers reversed Saturday's transaction and re-signed QB Byron Leftwich while releasing DL Steve McLendon.

With NT Casey Hampton missing Sunday's win vs. the Titans, the Steelers wanted the added depth on their D-line. However given QB Dennis Dixon's knee injury yesterday, depth at quarterback may now be more critical.

With two games to go before Ben Roethlisberger is eligible to return, the Steelers could start Dixon, Charlie Batch (who finished up yesterday) or Leftwich against the Buccaneers on Sunday. Leftwich played for Tampa Bay last season before the Steelers reacquired him after Roethlisberger's off-field issues came to light.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, a former Bucs assistant alongside current coach Raheem Morris during the Tony Dungy regime, has not yet tipped his hand for Sunday other than taking himself out of the starting mix.

-- Nate Davis

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...eleasing-him/1

Spinlcrack
09-20-2010, 05:22 PM
With Dixon out now, should prove to be an interesting QB decision. Will Lefty be 100% ?

Steel_Bus_24
09-20-2010, 05:24 PM
With Dixon out now, should prove to be an interesting QB decision. Will Lefty be 100% ?

Thats what I want to know.....if he can go, I say start him and let him throw some deep balls to Wallace

tony hipchest
09-20-2010, 05:43 PM
With Dixon out now, should prove to be an interesting QB decision. Will Lefty be 100% ?he was listed as "probable" in the injury report before being released. i think he will be good to go :thumbsup:

ETL
09-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Our current backup QBs all seem fragile. It may be time to get a fresh crop.