PDA

View Full Version : Batch or Leftwich?

Shreveport Steeler
09-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Who do you think will get the start on sunday against the Bucs?

StainlessStill
09-20-2010, 07:18 PM
If healthy, Leftwhich. He was intended to be the starter to begin with and this offense has been invisible under Dixon and Batch's durability is a question mark, which Tomlin came out and publicly said. Tomlin's not going to start Batch, who will likely just hand off. He'll go with the guy who has a rocket arm and one who can rifle it downfield. Defense's will back off Byron more than Charlie and maybe we could crack the endzone.

LukesDad88
09-20-2010, 07:30 PM
I say Batch. Leftwich isn't completely healthy, and likely won't be. Tampa's been a decent defense so far, though they haven't really played much in the way of competition. Still, I don't want to see Leftwich go down in a rather meaningless, non-conference, non-divisional game. This game is likely the least important game we will have this year. So rest Leftwich to have available against Baltimore, and let's see what Batch can do with a week's worth of prep time.

I commented last year that Batch is one of the worst backups in the league coming off the bech, and one of the best backups in the league when he has a week to prepare. I'd like to see what he can do.

ZoneBlitzer
09-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Who do you think will get the start on sunday against the Bucs?

Batchwich?

Leftbatch?

...me thinks Batch.

Set-Man
09-20-2010, 08:39 PM
If leftwich is healthy, he goes in.

After watching Dixon (and I was in favor of him starting) I was happy when Batch came in. Although it is hard for any QB to do anything when the O-line is a sieve, he would be my backup (oh yeah, he's our only other real QB)

ARE - are you kidding me, although he couldn't be any worse at QB than at receiver. Maybe we should just put Timmons back there to wildcat it.

scsteeler
09-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Truthfully it does not matter they both are not nifty of foot. I am just ready for Ben to get back now. Lefty if he is healthy enough.

steelerohio
09-20-2010, 10:10 PM
I say Leftwich

Shreveport Steeler
09-20-2010, 10:21 PM
I think it should be Leftwich. He gives us the better down field passing threat. This will also open up holes for Mendenhall to break lose.

Although it is hard for any QB to do anything when the O-line is a sieve, he would be my backup (oh yeah, he's our only other real QB)

I don't think the O-line has been that bad. It's kinda tough to block everybody when there are constantly 8 guys in the box because we have no passing threat.

Fire Arians
09-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Leftwich. he's shown he can hit wallace in stride, which he could easily hit that homerun if they wanna keep stacking the box. one TD from our offense is all we may need to win the game :chuckle:

that's only if he's already ready to go. if he's still hobbled too bad to plant his feet and throw, then start batch

thebus36idf
09-21-2010, 01:21 AM
Give Batch a week with reps, and I think he will prove to be a viable QB until Ben comes back. Leftwich already can't move with this injury you can bet he will be even more of a statue for the bucs to exploit. Our defense is fricken awsome, and fun to watch!!!

Hi5Steeler
09-21-2010, 02:23 AM
doesnt matter.

batch had receivers drop six passes and had a TD pass to wallace called back.

he could have had a stellar game.

leftwich threw some bombs in preseason.

mas O menos

either one is just a thumb in the dike.

Either one should play well enough to rape the puck a nears

smokeykurt
09-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Bet we start leftwich if he's fully ready to go from a health standpoint, or batch if he's not. Either way, it's fallin on our defense again i bet. Think we're good to win this one.

SteelKnight
09-21-2010, 07:59 AM
I say Batch. Leftwich isn't completely healthy, and likely won't be. Tampa's been a decent defense so far, though they haven't really played much in the way of competition. Still, I don't want to see Leftwich go down in a rather meaningless, non-conference, non-divisional game. This game is likely the least important game we will have this year. So rest Leftwich to have available against Baltimore, and let's see what Batch can do with a week's worth of prep time.

I commented last year that Batch is one of the worst backups in the league coming off the bech, and one of the best backups in the league when he has a week to prepare. I'd like to see what he can do.

Good post.

The think with Batch is his floaters. They need to tell him to try to gun things where possible.

This is like Goldilocks...lol Batch is to soft and floaty, Lefty has no touch and guns everything...probably even screens...lol

BrownCow
09-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Batch is a good guy. I like him, but he's not a starting NFL quarterback any more. Leftwich has to be the call.